PDA

View Full Version : Yummy tea!

Karen
10-02-2010, 08:55 PM
You all likely know how much I love chai tea, and my usual choice is Stash's Black Chai, scrumptious. Well, they were out of it at the supermarket, and it being fall, I needed to buy some, so I took a chance and bought a box of Twining's Vanilla Chai - and it is yummy, too! I never add cream or milk, which I know is untraditional, in India it's always made with one or the other, but this one, because of the vanilla, tasted creamy even without the added dairy. I did add sugar, and it was great!

So happy to have an alternative choice. I dislike the fact that when one wants to try a new tea, one has to buy a whole box of it in the supermarket, I wish there were sample packs, but this gamble paid off!

caseysmom
10-02-2010, 11:48 PM
I will have to get it a try, I thought I was wierd because I add sugar and milk to my tea.

wombat2u2004
10-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Chinese tea is actually very good for you.
I buy it in Chinatown when I go to Sydney......no milk....no sugar....it's very good just the way it is.

Karen
10-03-2010, 02:18 AM
I will have to get it a try, I thought I was wierd because I add sugar and milk to my tea.

My cousins always did, but I never liked milk in my tea, don't know why, other than I like the color without the cloudiness and did as a kid. And traditional chai in India is made with milk instead of water from the start!

Wombat, when I was in China, we went to a Tea House - and presented with a big menu of pages and pages of tea, I asked our translator/guide to recommend one. I was stunned when she looked at me and said "Eh, they're all the same! It's just tea!"

I pointed to the one on the page of Jasmine teas with the longest name, and it was very yummy, but it's not like I'll ever be able to order it anywere else, i just no that the name splled in roman characters had about 30-something letters and started with Q.

If you want, caseysmom, I can send you a couple packets in the mail, just PM me your address!

wombat2u2004
10-03-2010, 03:32 AM
Wombat, when I was in China, we went to a Tea House - and presented with a big menu of pages and pages of tea, I asked our translator/guide to recommend one. I was stunned when she looked at me and said "Eh, they're all the same! It's just tea!"

I pointed to the one on the page of Jasmine teas with the longest name, and it was very yummy, but it's not like I'll ever be able to order it anywere else, i just no that the name splled in roman characters had about 30-something letters and started with Q.

There is so many of them.....and they are really very similar. Some of the Jasmine teas are a little better than the others, but I'll drink them all and enjoy them. My first wife was Chinese, so I had a good near on 20 years of drinking it.

Medusa
10-03-2010, 07:47 AM
I'm a tea drinker, too, Karen, and have tea parties quite often. My son bought me a membership in the tea of the month club. I receive two boxes of decaf tea and the vanilla chai was one of them. I still like English Breakfast the best b/c I use skim milk and sweetener in my tea always. There are so many different teas that I really look forward to receiving that package every month. :)

Marigold2
10-03-2010, 10:37 AM
I too am a big tea drinker. I have never used milk in mine however. I love Camomile, Peppermint and Rosehip which I always had as a child, think it's a German thing. The only tea I have ever tasted that I don't like is Apple Cinnamon. One of my favs now is Apricot.

Lilith Cherry
10-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Some of the nicest teas I have in the West have been from Tealuxe.com which is based in Boston near you Karen. Their Masala Chai is delicious and so is the dragon well.

I loved to go to tea shops while in China and try many different kinds! I have a large collection of tiny teapots to make all the sorts in too LOL!

caseysmom
10-03-2010, 08:56 PM
My cousins always did, but I never liked milk in my tea, don't know why, other than I like the color without the cloudiness and did as a kid. And traditional chai in India is made with milk instead of water from the start!

If you want, caseysmom, I can send you a couple packets in the mail, just PM me your address!

I may take you up on that...thanks Karen!

shais_mom
10-03-2010, 11:12 PM
I've never liked tea much other than the flavored ones, until I had a scare with my blood pressure back in April I decided to (for the most part) switch to Tea instead of Soda. I still drink soda on occasion but now I just love tea. Sweet Tea or Chai Tea doesn't matter.
I made a cup of tea every morning - I really like Celestial Seasonings Morning Thunder with Yerba Mate for a bit of caffeine to get me going. I sweeten it and ice it down.
I found this tea at our Walmart.
http://shop.goodearth.com/ I picked up Original and Caffeine Free. Its very good without sweetner but I bought Splenda Packets in French Vanilla and it makes into almost an Iced Chai Latte. Its delicious!