PDA

View Full Version : Slow connections today

Kirsten
10-26-2002, 12:02 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble with the connection to this site today (petoftheday + message board?

Either the pages load very very slowly, or they don't load at all.

Since I've noticed there isn't much traffic here today, I assume that others are having the same problems?

LOL, I even had trouble to post this message! :eek:

Kirsten

Randi
10-26-2002, 12:44 PM
Kirsten, you're not the only one with a slow connection today! It's almost as we're on a modem! I thought it was only my machine, so I did a major clean-up, but it didn't get any better. Then I thought, oh well, it's weekend! Our connection often goes down on weekends - so annoying! Our providers are hopefully working on it! - Oh, patience! :rolleyes:

AmberLee
10-26-2002, 01:09 PM
Whew, I thought it was just me!

Logan
10-26-2002, 01:53 PM
I'm actually moving pretty fast! Sorry for you all, though. Nothing worse than a slow connection. We moved very slowly in MSN Communities yesterday.

Kirsten
10-26-2002, 02:33 PM
AmberLee, I'm also kind of relieved to hear that I'm not the only one.

Randi, so true, reminds me of the years when I still had a modem.

Logan, I don't know enough about the structure of the internet to say why some of us have these problems and others don't, could be a local thing, I don't know. But it takes a lot of patience today to open a thread or to even reply! LOL

Anyway, looks like a server problem to me. Hopefully it's better tomorrow!

Kirsten

Karen
10-26-2002, 03:35 PM
The Internet is built on hubs, and routers that connect us all to one another. I have not noticed Pet Talk being slow today, but maybe one of the major "hubs" in Europe was down, so things had to take many more "hops" to get to you?