PDA

View Full Version : Feline Acne

Anikaca77
09-29-2010, 01:10 PM
My poor Osiris is now suffering from Feline Acne. He is over at the vets now, my mom was super nice and took them in for me so I didn't have to miss any work time.

The vet tech called me and told me they had to shave his chin area and there was some blood coming out and it will need to be treated with a topical antibotic and meds as well.

Poor guy, they said it's really sore for him which I knew that last night when he wouldn't let me touch it.

I do feed our guys out of stainsteel and glass bowls and cermaic ones too.

I asked if there was anything we could do for the ones that have this at home or keep getting it back and she's going to check with the vet to let me know.

I knew about the food bowls about a year ago when I did some research online about it.

Also, Hermes is over at the vets right now too because he is having yellow discharge coming from his left eye. I would have given him some meds but they say when it comes to an eye thing you usually need to take them in. They said they didn't see any uclers or scratches so that's good to hear so hopefully one of the meds I had my mom take along will do the trick I just didn't know which one and they say never to put something in a cats eye unless you know for sure what it is.

Prays would be appreciated.

Melissa

katladyd
09-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Prayers are comin'!:love:

Laura's Babies
09-30-2010, 07:03 AM
Poor Osiris, I hope it clears up soon and you can figure out what kind of feeding bowls to use so that can be preventd from happening again.

Medusa
09-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Oh dear, I'm sorry, Melissa. Prayers going up for your kittykats. :)

Anikaca77
09-30-2010, 08:07 AM
Osiris is hating me right now. I had to apply this cream to his chin last night and it's super sore and he hated it. I had to do it again this morning and I ended up with some scratches.

I hope he knows I'm doing it for him. I feel terrible that he has to have this but I'm hoping it will help.

Melissa

phesina
09-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Poor Osiris! The icky stuff is making you better, dear boy!

Prayers for Osiris and Hermes and you all.

krazyaboutkatz
09-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Poor kitty.:( Is your vet positive that it's only feline acne? My Pearl will sometimes break out on her chin and her lips and she was diagnosed with Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex. Even though my vet doesn't think it's due to her diet I still do. I recently changed her dry food diet to one not as high in protein and she broke out again. Now she's been on pred for it. The last time she broke out was 2 years ago when she ate another different food. I've found that she needs to eat a high protein grain free dry food. She was on Innova Evo before I switched everyone to Natural Balance Green Pea & Chicken which only has 10% protein and lots of carbs and now she's on Wellness Core. I hope that Osiris will recover quickly and stay well. Prayers and positive thougths are being sent his way.