PDA

View Full Version : The Richard and Ed Donation thread.

RICHARD
09-28-2010, 05:08 PM
I am in dire straights at the moment and, with my heart in hand, am looking for donations to assist me in moving out of my mom's house.

I only have two requests.

I will not accept anonymous donations and I plan on paying pay back every penny donated to our cause.

So don't be cute and try to slip anything by me.

----------------------

The reason I have posted this thread is that, because of a small technicality with a sibling and the court, any payouts from the estate will be delayed into January of 2011.

I made a stand here and fought as long as I could. My sibs and I wanted to try an buy back the property by making an offer for it, but economically? It just wasn't feasible.

I went thru all my savings to keep the taxes on both of the properties current, make the basic necessary repairs and keep the lights and water on.
I feel like I accomplished quite a bit against the odds that were stacked against me.

I am not looking for a handout. Just a hand.

As I said before, I will not take any anonymous donations and hope that you all accept this as one of the conditions to my request.

Thanks to all of you who have prayed and sent me good thoughts during the last 2.5 years.

They have helped me more that you could imagine.

Thanks.

caseysmom
09-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Send me the info and help is on the way.

ChrisH
09-28-2010, 05:17 PM
^ ^ ^
Ditto.

caseysmom
09-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Also Richard the taxes should be paid back to you out of probate. When my brother died my sister paid for the funeral and I repaid her through probate, submit a bill for the taxes to the executor.

Bonny
09-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Count me in. Is your Christmas card address the place? Also any repairs, insurances on both places that you have paid, dig out your checks, receipts, etc. May the force be with you. :D

Shady
09-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Please send me the information as well. :)

Tess

cassiesmom
09-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Send me the info and help is on the way.

Me too, let me check and see if I still have your address. I was in the Christmas card exchange a couple of years ago but I have not done it since then. If I can't find it I will ask Karen to PM or e-mail it to me.

Thank you,
hug,
Elyse

Medusa
09-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Ditto. Although if someone sends you cash w/no return address, what choice do you have but to accept it? I understand your feelings, Richard, but I doubt that any of us expect you to pay us back. This is what friends do for friends. No handouts, just a hand up. However, I will respect your wishes. Just be sure to give us the most recent address. Keep the faythe. :)

aTailOf2Kitties
09-28-2010, 07:57 PM
do you have a PayPal account by some chance?

kuhio98
09-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Ditto. Although if someone sends you cash w/no return address, what choice do you have but to accept it? I understand your feelings, Richard, but I doubt that any of us expect you to pay us back. This is what friends do for friends. No handouts, just a hand up. However, I will respect your wishes. Just be sure to give us the most recent address. Keep the faythe. :)heh heh ~ You're sneaky. And I like it! :D

Queen of Poop
09-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Send me the info and I'll send you some of our Canadian colored funny money. Don't worry, it's real. :love:

moosmom
09-28-2010, 08:13 PM
RICHARD,

Do you have a PayPal account? If not, PM me with your address.;)

robinh
09-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Thought I had the address, but can't find it. Must be on old computer. Can someone PM me?

Karen
09-28-2010, 08:44 PM
I will PM you!

Lilith Cherry
09-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Please let me know where to donate too Richard... I want to send it to Ed as he wont try and return it, smart cat!

I will respect your wishes though but really hope you change your mind!:love:

RICHARD
09-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks to everyone,

I am starting a PP account.

Please DO NOT SEND me anything anonymous!:o

I am going to get a small settlement from the sale of the home and would appreciate you all allowing me to pay you back.

IT's a matter of pride to me. My problems are only temporary, there are people who deserve a 'no-strings-attached' donation, I am just 'in between' funds and have absolutely no problem with paying everyone back-as a matter of fact? I would not feel right taking anything w/o a return address it.

-------------------

I do have my reciepts for the taxes and other stuff. That was one thing I made sure was paid and recorded.

My Xmas card address is the same!

--------------------------

Even tho Ed is a partner in this endeavour? He's slept all day long and really hasn't made a fuss. But, I know he thanks you as well.;)

Thanks to you all and I'll post more tomorrow.

Cinder & Smoke
09-28-2010, 09:01 PM
;)

It ought to be there this week ...
It''s NOT a bill ... Huntington Bank "BillPay" checks just look a little phunnnie.
:rolleyes:

NO RUSH on the payback ... just put it to good use.

:love:

Laura's Babies
09-28-2010, 09:13 PM
Someone send me the address also!

joycenalex
09-28-2010, 09:16 PM
check your PMs ...hey phred, i use the same bank for the household accounts...small world

Catty1
09-28-2010, 10:36 PM
RICHARD, do you have PayPal?

finn's mom
09-29-2010, 01:09 AM
I wish I could help! :/ I hope you get out of this spot sooner than later!

ChrisH
09-29-2010, 08:45 AM
RICHARD, do you have PayPal?

Thanks to everyone,

I am starting a PP account.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/thumb.gif I'll be sending something just as soon as we get the info.

phesina
09-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Richard, please let us know where to send something.. PayPal, P.O. Address, whatever..

No hurry on repayment. We (along with all your other PT friends) all want to lend a hand to someone we all know would be bending over backwards and jumping through hoops (such an acrobat!) to lend a hand to any of us if the shoes were on the other feetsies..

Your friends in Michigan.. Poppy, Sydney, Elmer, Bob, Sparkler, and Pat

RICHARD
09-29-2010, 11:14 AM
I wish I could help! :/ I hope you get out of this spot sooner than later!

How's about some prayers? I could always use a little of that Old Tyme Religion?;):D

Thanks for thinking about me!:)

krazyaboutkatz
09-29-2010, 11:25 AM
You can count me in.:) How long will you be at your current address because I don't do paypal so I'd be sending you a kitty cat check?

lbaker
09-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Karen and/or Paul... please email me RICHARDS address, I don't "do" PayPal or whatever it's called :rolleyes: RICHARD, just take me out to dinner next time I'm in the area. We'll laugh, we'll cry, we'll gossip about everybody :D

Laurie

lvpets2002
09-29-2010, 12:18 PM
:) Hey Mary has a point Richard.. Cash & No Return Address then whats a person to do..

Hey PM me a good address & a check is on its way.. I do not under no circumstance need the money back.. You need hands help now & noted..

Ditto. Although if someone sends you cash w/no return address, what choice do you have but to accept it? I understand your feelings, Richard, but I doubt that any of us expect you to pay us back. This is what friends do for friends. No handouts, just a hand up. However, I will respect your wishes. Just be sure to give us the most recent address. Keep the faythe. :)

cassiesmom
09-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Dear Richard and Ed,

I am happy to help you! Here is what I'll do... Payday is this week so I will put a check in the mail probably on Friday. If I send it tomorrow, it will bounce like a Super Ball and you don't want that. Use it however it will help you. If ever I should need the money back I will let you know.

Thinking of you,
Elyse

momoffuzzyfaces
09-29-2010, 12:34 PM
How's about some prayers? I could always use a little of that Old Tyme Religion?;):D

Thanks for thinking about me!:)

Ah, Richard, I ramped up the prayer line days ago for you here. Can't do much else at the time. I would if I could but I find I have a gusher in my yard that will involve plumbers and lots of digging.

I'm praying that by this time next year we can all look back and be amazed at how well things work out for you. :love::love::love:

kuhio98
09-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Hey Richard ~ I think you should start a Cyber Slushies fundraiser. Some of us would pay $5 or $10 for these Slushies we've heard so much about. :D

aTailOf2Kitties
09-29-2010, 01:07 PM
just so you all know...to avoid the fees that PayPal usually adds to credit card payments you can click on the "personal" tab and then click "gift", or whatever you wanna categorize it as.

Cinder & Smoke
09-29-2010, 01:13 PM
How's about some prayers?
I could always use a little of that Old Tyme Religion? ;):D

Thanks for thinking about me! :)

Turn your volume up, Bub!
Your Prayer Channel has been a-buzzin for weeks!

God even knows who "RICHARD" is, now. :p

gini
09-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Turn your volume up, Bub!
Your Prayer Channel has been a-buzzin for weeks!

God even knows who "RICHARD" is, now. :p

I was just in "Thursdays" - trying to help set up for tomorrow and this
"Guy" came in looking for Richard. He didn't give His name, but I have no doubt who He was. The most peaceful feeling came over me as I explained that Richard wouldn't be in until tomorrow.

He left a message for you Richard - He said for you not to worry, you have many good friends here and He would never let you down and He loves you - He will take care of the rest.

Cinder & Smoke
09-29-2010, 03:24 PM
I was just in "Thursdays" - trying to help set up for tomorrow and
this "Guy" came in looking for Richard. He didn't give His name,
but I have no doubt who He was. ...

Gosh, HE was in Thursdays??

Sure hope we're stocking HIS favorite beverage!!

;)

Medusa
09-29-2010, 05:05 PM
I guess I'll wait for the Paypal account, Richard, unless you feel it might take too long; then I'll just send it in the mail. As for paying it back, how about paying it forward for someone else who may need it. The opportunity may arise and you'll be able to help that way. Either way, no anonymous donations, promise. :)

slick
09-29-2010, 05:45 PM
:love:If I give you money, can we have an affair????:love::eek:;)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Gosh, HE was in Thursdays??

Sure hope we're stocking HIS favorite beverage!!

;)

All we need is water!!! HE can do the rest!!! ;) :love:

caseysmom
09-29-2010, 05:59 PM
:love:If I give you money, can we have an affair????:love::eek:;)

Richard can earn some money hehe....

RICHARD
09-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Richard can earn some money hehe....

This is the payback I get for being so irreverant in the past?:eek:;):)

caseysmom
09-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah but we will expect more than a 10 second affair for our money:eek:

carole
09-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Aww matey i am so sorry to hear things are difficult at this time for you, here's wishing you peace and happiness and an end to all your money woes and worries, thinking of you, and keeping all fingers and paws crossed for a good outcome to all of this, HUGS.

Alysser
09-29-2010, 10:25 PM
I can't give anything, sorry about that. But I'll be thinking of you and wishing you lots of luck! :) Keep us updated, please.

wombat2u2004
09-30-2010, 02:48 AM
When you get PP set up mate, let me know ;)
If you don't, you'll be fully responsible for my carrier pigeon dropping dead from exhaustion somewhere in the South Pacific ;)

RICHARD
09-30-2010, 12:20 PM
I was reminded to tell everyone that if you do make a donation to use the "personal' tab on Paypal, otherwise there will be a service charge for each transaction.

Thanks again, to everyone.

Even if you cannot donate, your well wishes are noted and and I am forever grateful for them, they mean alot to me.

lvpets2002
09-30-2010, 12:27 PM
:p Wom you always have a way of wording things.. I am sure Richard wont let your pigeon have to fly all this way.. Your too funny.. :D

When you get PP set up mate, let me know ;)
If you don't, you'll be fully responsible for my carrier pigeon dropping dead from exhaustion somewhere in the South Pacific ;)

emily_the_spoiled
09-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Richard, please send me your PP info...

robinh
09-30-2010, 01:08 PM
I snail-mailed yesterday. Keeping you in my prayers, Richard & Edward.

Catty1
09-30-2010, 01:27 PM
RICHARD - if I may ask - did the shelter take in your frens?

Prayers going out to you and Ed.:love:

Medusa
09-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Richard, please send me your PP info...

Ditto, please, Richard. :)

aTailOf2Kitties
09-30-2010, 02:08 PM
I asked Richard if he would make a donation to a specific charity in lieu of repayment and he said he would.:cool: Pay it forward!

RICHARD
09-30-2010, 02:34 PM
RICHARD - if I may ask - did the shelter take in your frens?

Prayers going out to you and Ed.:love:

No, they never returned my email and I am looking at other places.:(

To2K,

I will do that, and make sure that you are credited with the donation, for tax purposes?:)

I have tried to PM each of you to make sure you know how much I appreciate this.

My main goal is to get storage and pay off the final bills for the utilities...with your help.

If I can do that I can find a place with a relative/sister.

--------

I''ll send you my info Via PM!

Thanks tons again!

aTailOf2Kitties
09-30-2010, 04:42 PM
you don't have to make it in my name...I work there, LOL

momoffuzzyfaces
09-30-2010, 04:51 PM
My main goal is to get storage and pay off the final bills for the utilities...with your help.

If I can do that I can find a place with a relative/sister.

--------

You should freak the sibling who started all this out by telling them to get a room ready, you and Ed are moving in for the duration!!! ;) :D

(I know you couldn't stand to be around them but it would be funny to panic them for a bit! Yea, I'm mean!!!)

robinh
09-30-2010, 05:57 PM
You should freak the sibling who started all this out by telling them to get a room ready, you and Ed are moving in for the duration!!!

Love this idea!!

RICHARD
10-01-2010, 04:39 PM
LOL,

If I showed up on my brother's doorstep, I would be in a body bag.....;)

That's the only way.

I want to ask all of you to give me your home address....

I am start my 'book' and need that info.....thanks bunches.;):love:

momoffuzzyfaces
10-01-2010, 05:14 PM
LOL,

If I showed up on my brother's doorstep, I would be in a body bag.....;)

That's the only way.

Well, forget that idea then. No way do we want that to happen!!!! :eek: :love:

RICHARD
10-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Well, forget that idea then. No way do we want that to happen!!!! :eek: :love:

Oh Hall no, I gots a coupla years left on the planet!
;)

-------

Theresa O and Chris H,

I need your addresses for my book.

Thanks again!:love:

Pinot's Mom
10-01-2010, 06:17 PM
I have been out in the woods for a week with no internet access (GASP!).

Richard, I'm sure I have your address, but please pm me anyway!

Maggie

jenluckenbach
10-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Send me the paypal address and count me in. Might not be much, but it all adds up in the end.

Lilith Cherry
10-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Please send me the paypal acc too Richard. I really want to help!

Lillycat
10-01-2010, 10:09 PM
......send me the snail mail address pls.......

Marigold2
10-02-2010, 02:14 PM
I am here for you as well. Send me a PM with your address.

Catty1
10-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Ok - need some PayPal help...

I selected "Gift". And the money was coming from my PayPal account, not a credit card. Yet PP still wanted to charge me a fee!

Any ideas why???

RICHARD
10-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Ok - need some PayPal help...

I selected "Gift". And the money was coming from my PayPal account, not a credit card. Yet PP still wanted to charge me a fee!

Any ideas why???

If you go to the "personal" tab on the site you can transfer money for free?

That may help, I still have not figured things out either!:)

Thanks again!

blue
10-02-2010, 08:18 PM
If you go to the "personal" tab on the site you can transfer money for free?

That may help, I still have not figured things out either!:)

Thanks again!

Richard, I would help if I could, but as things are Im relying on my moms to cover my own a$$. I will pray that this all works out for you and leaves you in good spirits.

RICHARD
10-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Richard, I would help if I could, but as things are Im relying on my moms to cover my own a$$. I will pray that this all works out for you and leaves you in good spirits.

Dude,

A few good thoughts would be much appreciated.

I wish I didn't have to ask for donations. Sometimes a thought or prayer is more than enough.

It's good to read that people are even thinking of me.

I have a family that lacks that sense of 'togetherness' that I wish we had-
I am really glad that I have found it here on PT.

So, toss out a prayer to your god, he'll pass it on to my god and the world be be right when it's all said and done!

Rock on!

Cinder & Smoke
10-02-2010, 09:37 PM
So, toss out a prayer to your God,
he'll pass it on to my God and
the world be be right when it's all said and done!

Rock on!

Hey God ~ *CATCH*!

RICHARD
10-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Hey God ~ *CATCH*!

LOL,

God works in mysterious ways.

And I swear,
He's sent me some people that I will never, ever be able to thank for their kindness. I will be able to repay them literally, but, how can I thank them for the humility they have put into my heart.

Some of you have stated that you wish you could help out with more than a few dollars or prayers.

Do not discount your efforts. You do not know how much you have made a difference with an envelope or prayer in your heart.

--------------------

Stone Soup?

I remember a kid's story about a man who was poor and hungry and came across a small village-I am paraphrasing the story here...I don't want to get sued for plagarism?;).....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_soup

Looking it up I see that it has been told in many versions but the moral of the story was what could be done when people pitched in toward a goal.

----------------

I am stunned and embarrassed at the response to my quandry.

Please do not tell me that "you wish you could do more".

Do me a favor and walk around for the next week with your head held high and a lilt in your step. Feel good about what you have said and what you have done for me.

No, do not feel good, feel proud.....every time I turn around I am literally left breathless..thanks to all of you.

Pet Talk's motto is "We know every pet is special".

Let's not forget the people who own the the pets.

What is above 'special'?:)

RICHARD
10-08-2010, 04:50 PM
I want to say that I am totally stunned at the response to my thread/dilemma.

Everyday there is one more letter, card and note that humble me more than you could ever know.

Someone dropped me a note that made me cringe.

It mentioned something about my commenting on one of their posts.

I was a little embarrased because I thought I angered them in some way.

Nope, they went on to pay me a nice compliment and wished me well, they also stuck a few dollars into the envelope.

---

I will sit down to write you all a little note via a PT PM.

If I do not get around to you at the moment? Blame it on Major LES. IT seems I have been struck with a terminal case of it.

There may not be crying in baseball.

NO one has said anything about PT.

Thank goodness for THAT.;)

Moesha
10-08-2010, 06:22 PM
I would like the Paypal information please. I could go find that letter that Jack Roush sent me, but Paypal is quicker. Hmm but then again, a note in the mailbox is more personal. I'll take both the paypal information and a reminder of the snail mail address. I know I have the card in my keepsake box, but once I open that, I may not get anything else done this evening.

Oh and Richard, my other Grandma was officially diagnosed today with early stages of Alzheimer's disease. (The family knew, but the doctor finally agreed today.) I hope that Jack leaves this Grandma alone!

Laura's Babies
10-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Richard, you are one of my most favorite posters here on PT! You always make me laugh and smile with how you view things. You are one of the most amusing people I know. To put in simply, you spread a lot of joy around PT so it is no surprise to me that everyone wants to help you.... I expect a lot of people feel as I do about you and the joy it brings knowing you and reading your posts. No wonder so many have jumped in to help you!

Daisy and Delilah
10-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Hey Dude!! We love ya!! What can we say? :)

RICHARD
10-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I would like the Paypal information please. I could go find that letter that Jack Roush sent me, but Paypal is quicker. Hmm but then again, a note in the mailbox is more personal. I'll take both the paypal information and a reminder of the snail mail address. I know I have the card in my keepsake box, but once I open that, I may not get anything else done this evening.

Oh and Richard, my other Grandma was officially diagnosed today with early stages of Alzheimer's disease. (The family knew, but the doctor finally agreed today.) I hope that Jack leaves this Grandma alone!

I am sorry to hear about your G-ma.

If not Jack? Keep an eye out for Ray Evernham, I never trusted him.:( Give her a huge hug for me and remember that patience is the key.

I know we should not joke about something like that, but I think that when we do it with love, it's o.k.

Prayers to your house, G-ma and to you!:love:

kitten645
10-09-2010, 09:51 PM
For John's bday I'm reminded...
"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make" :love::love:
Please send me snail mail info. Thanks!
Claudia

Daisy and Delilah
10-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Richard, I hope things are looking up for you. Keep the faith and let us know how you're doing.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

RICHARD
10-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Richard, I hope things are looking up for you. Keep the faith and let us know how you're doing.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

My brother came over to 'see how I was doing'.

When I went to show him all the work I did during the week he said we would need another month to get all the crap out.

I thought, No, it would take a month for ME TO GET ALL THE crap out of the backyard.

I am going to ask the new owner-if the court does not get another bid-to wait until the end of November to take over.

There is so much crap in the garage that there is no way I could do it all myself.

At first I thought maybe they would balk, but that would save them money to hire people to throw everything out. I cannot see anyone wanting to spend anymore money than they want, IT will get me another month here and that will save me the time and money to move out to a new place.

Most of the stuff is stuff my Dad saved over the years and jammed up parts of the yard and garage, so I hope they are kind enough to grant my wish.

I had a good day today and got rid of most of the front room furniture without trying!!!!!

Things are looking up and I have faith.....

Thanks for asking!:)

Catty1
10-13-2010, 08:41 PM
I hope you get that delay - you are right, the new owner would save money!

And you will get a little more time to see about a place for your frens...any update there?

I've not sent anything yet cause my bills need to come first...but send something I will!:love:

DJFyrewolf36
10-13-2010, 11:05 PM
I've been thinking about you a lot RICHARD. My prayers are with you, I hope things get better! *HUGS*

Daisy and Delilah
10-14-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm thrilled to hear you're doing as good as can be expected, Richard. If you get down in the dumps, we're here for you anytime!!!:D

RICHARD
10-14-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm thrilled to hear you're doing as good as can be expected, Richard. If you get down in the dumps, we're here for you anytime!!!:D

Thanks again,

I am dragging my feed about the frens.

I love them soooo much that I can't get moving to do anything.

I will soon and will let you all know.

I am waking up in the morning with PURPOSE!

That let's me know I am full of Urine and Vinegar.:eek:;)

Thanks again, Friends.

Daisy and Delilah
10-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks again,

I am dragging my feed about the frens.

I love them soooo much that I can't get moving to do anything.

I will soon and will let you all know.

I am waking up in the morning with PURPOSE!

That let's me know I am full of Urine and Vinegar.:eek:;)

Thanks again, Friends.

I'm saying prayers for you every day. You are strong and you will rise above all this.
Waking up with purpose is so much better than having none.
If you're full of urine and vinegar then we know you're the Richard we know and love. :D :D :D

moosmom
10-16-2010, 12:47 PM
If you're full of urine and vinegar then we know you're the Richard we know and love.

Absolutely!! Hang in there, Buddy!!

dukedogsmom
10-17-2010, 05:46 AM
I have missed so much since I was last here. Do you have Paypal? If not, can you PM me with your address? I will get something to you pronto. And you know we don't expect it back. That's why its called a gift.

moosmom
10-17-2010, 07:04 AM
My brother came over to 'see how I was doing

My first question to him would've been "WHY??"

I see a "gene pool flushing" in your future.;)

RICHARD
12-17-2010, 06:10 PM
I wanted to let you all know that thanks to all your notes, prayers and donations that everything has worked out as best as I (and you all) could have imagined.

I must wrap up the house in about three weeks and get moved. I do have a place to go and am thrilled about the whole deal.

--------------------

I also want to tell the people that donated to my cause that I will be contacting you about mid February to repay each and every one of you. I also am going to ask the people who sent me donations with the "Pay It Forward" clause attached for your ideas or wishes and plan on sending you a receipt...... you may be able to use is as a tax donation?

I could probably try to tell you how much you all have meant to me-but then I'd have to stop and do the LES thing...;) Geez, Don't think that is beneath me.;)

jenluckenbach
12-17-2010, 07:02 PM
HA! I was just thinking about you today and wondering if you needed MORE help! Glad things are going well.

cassiesmom
12-17-2010, 07:33 PM
I see a "gene pool flushing" in your future.;)

Do they make filters for the gene pool? ;)

Laura's Babies
12-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Glad things are working out for you, hope the move goes smoothly and you and Ed will be happy in your new home.. A whole new adventure for you to write about, I look fowards to those stories! :D

wombat2u2004
12-17-2010, 09:59 PM
Good on ya mate. Glad to hear it's all coming together for you.

slick
12-18-2010, 12:27 AM
When can we talk my friend? Are you home tomorrow night?

signed BFF:love::love::love:

RICHARD
03-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Update?

Both homes have passed escrow and I will be leaving her on around March 19th.

I am happy to say that I will be contacting the people who have donated to the 'cause' - as soon as I settle and get my feet on the ground.

Thanks again to everyone.:D

RICHARD
09-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Another update?

The court held a hearing on the 2nd of september. There was another extension on the case and the FINAL hearing should be held on the first week of December, 2011.

I had hope that the September 2 hearing would have closed the case and that I could have put some of my problems behind me. I have NOT forgotten everyone who helped me thru this very difficult time and hope that I can make good on my promise to catch up with everyone who made a donation to the cause.

Thanks to everyone -for their patience, time and consideration!

RICHARD
01-30-2012, 06:32 PM
I have good news.

The final court date was last Friday, Jan 27.

After all this time, I am glad it is almost over.

The judge has to sign some paperwork and I will begin the process of sending out the funds that you donated to me and the Edster. My attorney believes that the funds will be available by the end of February.

I cannot thank the people who assisted, prayed and sent me good vibes during the time that I needed it.

I am very proud to say that I am a member of Pet Talk and part of a community that is so caring and giving.

Thanks again.

I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate you all.

(The Edster thanks you all too!)

slick
01-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Do me a favour Richard. Take the money I donated and instead of sending it back to me, donate it to one of your local shelters or rescues. It will do more good there.
Luv ya
Slick & Merlin

Barbara
01-31-2012, 03:55 AM
Do me a favour Richard. Take the money I donated and instead of sending it back to me, donate it to one of your local shelters or rescues. It will do more good there.

I told you that before: Find some kitties who need the money.

robinh
01-31-2012, 05:13 AM
I like Slick and Barbara's idea of passing it forward to someone or somewhere in need of a friend. That would be my choice also.

Robin

pomtzu
01-31-2012, 06:10 AM
I already told you what I sent was a "birthday gift", and you had better not say it was the wrong size, or the color just wasn't "you". :p I agree - do what Slick said. In my case, a small dog rescue would be perfect, but any rescue or shelter would be fine. :)

So glad to hear that this whole ordeal is almost over.

ChrisH
01-31-2012, 06:18 AM
Luv ya
Slick & Merlin
Same goes for me. :)

robinh
01-31-2012, 07:01 PM
A thought - tell where ever you choose that the donation is from the "Friends of PetTalk".

:D

Pinot's Mom
02-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Pay it forward, Richard, pay it forward. :) There are needs everywhere; find someone deserving that has fur. :love:

RICHARD
04-18-2012, 07:05 PM
I have some great news for everyone.

The estate was FINALLY settled and I am going to be contacting everyone who was able to help me.

As I stated in my initial post, I am going to return the funds donated to me and the Edster.

--------------

Again,

I cannot tell everyone how much their notes and well wishes meant to me.

This process is going to take a little time, so please bear with me and let me know if your contact info has changed since you helped me out.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!:love::D

Miss Z
04-20-2012, 09:05 AM
How lovely that PT has come together in this way to help a fellow member. What a great community!

I'm glad everything has worked out for you, Richard.

(...really. :p)

pomtzu
04-20-2012, 09:38 AM
As I said before - you can't return a birthday gift! :p If you must do something , then take what I gifted and donate that to a shelter, or buy Ed and Tucker some toys and/or treats. :)

So glad for you that everything is finally settled. It has been quite a long and difficult road for you. Wishing all the best for you from here on out!

ETA: If you consider donating to a shelter but don't want to give money, you could always give food or supplies. Most have websites and a wish list section.

Pinot's Mom
04-20-2012, 09:18 PM
As I said before - you can't return a birthday gift! :p If you must do something , then take what I gifted and donate that to a shelter, or buy Ed and Tucker some toys and/or treats. :)

So glad for you that everything is finally settled. It has been quite a long and difficult road for you. Wishing all the best for you from here on out!

ETA: If you consider donating to a shelter but don't want to give money, you could always give food or supplies. Most have websites and a wish list section.

'zactly

RICHARD
04-21-2012, 07:52 AM
I have a 'project' in mind for the local Humane Society.
They publish a monthly magazine called the "Paw Street Journal" where they detail their needs for the area shelters. In it, they have a list of stuff they need. (When the car hit the house, I lost the last issue and the notes I had made...they ended up in the debris.)

My idea will acknowledge the PT site and the people who are going to make it possible.:love:

It's going to take a little leg work, but I'll keep everyone posted.

Alysser
04-21-2012, 08:58 AM
So glad to read everything worked out for you, Richard! :D I am sorry I wasn't able to donate but I am so happy to see this outcome for you. What a great project idea, I am sure everyone would appreciate that tremendously.