PDA

View Full Version : Wow! What A Difference!!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi everyone. All of my cats are finally doing great and it has a lot to do with their new food.:) I'm a big fan of grain free cat food and ever since I found out that Procter & Gamble had taken over Natura Pet Foods which include Innova Evo, I've been trying to find a good replacement.

I was feeding them Natural Instinct Rabbit dry and also their Duck dry as well as the canned food. Then everyone was becoming sick on the dry except for Sky so I had to switch again. Alani & Blaze were on Natural Balance Green Pea & Chicken when I adopted them and everyone seemed to like it so I decided to start feeding it to everyone. Over time they just weren't doing well on it.:( No one was ever satisfied after eating it. Sky and Peal would try to wake me up during the night because they were hungry. The kittens could never get enough of it. Ziggy's beautiful shiny coat was also suffering and she was becoming very nippy because she was always hungry. Storm was sleeping a lot more and wasn't as active as he should be.:( I found out that it has 40.06% carbs per 8oz cup and it only has 10% protein.:eek:

I did more research and I decided that I would probably try Wellness Core on them but I wanted to be sure that they would like it. I was able to get some free samples of Wellness Core, Felidae Grain Free Salmon, and I bought a small sample bag of Orijen. I knew that the kittens would eat anything so I wasn't worrried about them. My adult cats all preferred Wellness Core which was the one highest in protein and lowest in carbs and best for them any way.:) I also bought some Core canned food which only comes in 2 flavors and some of the grain free Wellness canned food. So far they've loved them all except that Ziggy didn't like the Fishy Core one which is fine with me because it was too stinky for me.

I'm not too worried about feeding Storm food with fish in it because they don't use Ethoxyquin as a preservative in their fish products. He really enjoys eating it and will hopefully not have any itchiness from it. I also forgot to add that Pearl had broken out again on her chin and lips after I took her off of the Evo. Her body must need a food with higher protein in it even though my vet doesn't think it's diet related.

Here's a list of the wonderful changes that I've seen in only 1 week:
1. More Energy
2. Feel Full & Satisfied While Eating Less
3. Seem Happier
4. Kittens Stools Are Much Firmer Now
5. Enjoy Eating Their Food
6. Larger Pee Biscuits Which Means They're Drinking More Water

Another great thing is that Petco, Pet Food Express, and many other independent pet stores carry this food. I think that Petsmart even carries the canned food and I can get a great deal on the canned food at Pet Club.
The only con about this high protein food is that it causes very stinky stools. This also happened when they were on Evo. Now hopefully all of my cats will remain happy and healthy for many years to come. Here's the link to Wellness if anyone is interested: http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/index.aspxThanks for reading this.:)

Freedom
09-27-2010, 08:27 AM
Wonderful News!

I've been using Taste of the Wild grain free for a year this month and my cats love that. I say, a high quality grain free food it the way to go!

I started my dogs on Wellness Core and yup, STINKY POOS! :eek: So it is something they use in both lines of the food.

Now it is time for you to Settle down and enjoy the family!

catnapper
09-27-2010, 09:21 AM
I tried this food myself last month. They all absolutely hated it. I had such high hopes for it too :( We're back to the regular food, which I'm still not in love with, but they like it.

And guess what: I caught Mikey peeing the other day. Please don't tell me that Mikey is following in Pouncer's footsteps with the crystal thing. Its been stressful here, so I'm couinting on stress to be the reason for Mikey peeing.

catmandu
09-27-2010, 09:32 AM
The trouble is that Taste of the Wild and Natural Instinct are not all that available in Canada and are very expensive. The Vet's K/D Cat Food Dry is almost 30 dollars for Mr Purr :love: for a 4 Pound Bag!!!:eek:
I will look up Taste of the Wild and Natural Instinct and see if they are around here and have coupons:cool:

lvpets2002
09-27-2010, 09:52 AM
:) WoW that is Great News.. So glad the new food is doing good for the babies..

krazyaboutkatz
09-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Wonderful News!

I've been using Taste of the Wild grain free for a year this month and my cats love that. I say, a high quality grain free food it the way to go!

I started my dogs on Wellness Core and yup, STINKY POOS! :eek: So it is something they use in both lines of the food.

Now it is time for you to Settle down and enjoy the family!

I agree and I'm glad to hear that your cats love their food too. I think the high protein diets just cause stinky stools. Yes, I'm ready to just relax and enjoy everyone.:)

I tried this food myself last month. They all absolutely hated it. I had such high hopes for it too :( We're back to the regular food, which I'm still not in love with, but they like it.

And guess what: I caught Mikey peeing the other day. Please don't tell me that Mikey is following in Pouncer's footsteps with the crystal thing. Its been stressful here, so I'm couinting on stress to be the reason for Mikey peeing.
Hopefully it's just due to stress. Did you try Wellness Core or was it one of the other Wellness dry foods? So what is their regular food? It might be time for you to buy some Cat Attract Litter again and maybe some Feliway too. Good luck.:)

The trouble is that Taste of the Wild and Natural Instinct are not all that available in Canada and are very expensive. The Vet's K/D Cat Food Dry is almost 30 dollars for Mr Purr :love: for a 4 Pound Bag!!!:eek:
I will look up Taste of the Wild and Natural Instinct and see if they are around here and have coupons:cool:
High quality cat foods may cost more but you feed them less so it basically works out the same as if you fed them more food with a lower quality cheaper food. I think that Wellness may be in Canada. I know that you can buy Orijen in Canada and this is also a great food. Good luck.:)

:) WoW that is Great News.. So glad the new food is doing good for the babies..
Thanks Helene.:)

Laura's Babies
09-29-2010, 07:47 AM
I'll have to look and see if they have that in my area and try mine on it..