PDA

View Full Version : Learn From My Fail and IMMD (It Made My Day) pet posts

Catty1
09-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Some neat ones...

I’m not my dog’s favorite because I do all the things he doesn’t like, like brush his teeth and bathe him. When I came home really upset the other day, I banged my head on the counter and screamed in frustration, then flopped on the couch. Far from being freaked out as usual, Sammy the dog hopped off his cozy bed to snuggle with me. We’ve been friends ever since he MMD.

Today, as I was driving to work, a police cruiser in front of me put on its lights and stopped traffic on the road, for no apparent reason. I was starting to get annoyed until I saw the policeman get out of his car to rescue a turtle from the road. Totally MMD.

I was driving to work and as I started to come along the car in the next lane I saw it had a bumper sticker that read “My co-pilot is DOG”, which I thought was kinda cute. Lo and behold as I came up next to it, there was this cute beige dog sitting in the passenger staring straight ahead like he was any person riding shotgun. It gave me a chuckle and IMMD.

When I was leaving for work my cat ran out, so I picked him up and carried him back inside. Just that moment he threw up all over my shirt. First I was mad, but when I changed it I saw that it had a huge stain on the back anyway. Cat taking care of me looking decent at work MMD

I was checking on my cat from my apartment window and saw a wasted girl holding a can of steel reserve (it’s 1:03 in the afternoon) laying on the sidewalk outside having a fully fledged conversation with my cat. It MMD.

Catty1
09-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Few more...

One day at work, an african grey parrot was giving me a particularly hard time while cleaning his cage. I wasn’t feeling particularly generous, so while preparing his food, I neglected to include his favorite treat. After I placed the bowl in his cage, he inspected it, looked me straight in the eye and said “wanna peanut?”. IMMD, and he totally got his peanut!

Earlier my cat came running up the stairs on my sidewalk with something fuzzy in his mouth, i thought he got a bird or something, turned out it was a tiny kitten that he sat gently in my lap and ran off, he did this 6 more times, turns out the kittens were his and he wanted to show them off IMMD

With the dry weather lately, my cat has been extra static-y. As a show of endearment, I often touch my index finger to his nose. Being static-y I keep shocking him and he’s started shying away from my hand. The other day I came home from work exhausted and collapsed into bed. My cat curled up next to me, studied me thoughtfully and gingerly tapped my nose with his paw a half dozen times. Guess he wanted to see if it worked both ways?

One of my cats got sick. We put him in the bathroom so he wouldn’t puke on the carpet. (NOT the part that MMD.) When I went to check on him, I noticed my kitten’s toy in there. He had pushed it under the door to give his big brother something to play with…presumably to make him feel better. It was so sweet, IMMD.

Today, I went down the hallway to get a drink from the fridge. I suddenly heard my cat (who’s pretty fat) meowing, but couldn’t see her until I turned the light on in the family room. She was practically next to me, but had somehow managed to stuff herself into a box 1/3 her size, and was meowing because she was hungry. Not because she wanted out of the box. At least she had her priorities straight. IMMD.

I left my new dog alone at home for the first time. When I returned, I found she had managed to pull a blanket inside of her kennel… Through a 1-inch hole. IMMD.

Today I asked my cat, “Who’s a kitty?” She promptly meowed, “Me…” IMMD.

Catty1
09-26-2010, 05:17 PM
more...

My sister-in-law was teaching our cat how to play fetch. She’d throw this tiny soft soccer ball and he’d bring it back to her. Then, instead of bringing it back to her, he dropped it in front of a wooden deer sculpture in our living room and looked expectantly into the deer’s face. It totally MMD.

I got out of the shower a few minutes ago. I sat down to use the computer with my hair still wet, and my cat jumped into my lap. I just looked down to find him licking the water off the ends of my hair. IMMD :)

My dog dropped his chew bone in my baby’s lap and snuck off with her stuffed animal. He wanted to trade toys with her! IMMD

LOVE this one...

My dog was recently hit by a car and was badly injured. As she was moping around with her bandages, cast and cone, the man who hit her came over with a GIANT rawhide bone and a huge basket filled with dog treats and toys. It was the first time she wagged her tail in days. IMM (and my dog’s) D.

At the animal shelter where I volunteer I saw a big burly biker guy with tattoos adopting two tiny kittens named Bootsie and Snuggles. He told me he was going to rename them Vader and Voldemort. IMMD.

GREAT birthday party idea!

I volunteer at an animal shelter, and a little boy came in with his mom. They were carrying big bags full of food, toys, blankets, and other supplies we desperately need. More people were coming in behind them. He told us instead of birthday presents, he’d asked for people to donate to the shelter, and IMMD (and the animals’)!

I was watching Dogs 101. It was saying that German shepherds are supposed to be some of the smartest dogs. I looked back at my German shepherd & she was licking the couch. IMMD

Catty1
09-26-2010, 05:28 PM
My tiny black cat was trying to sneak into one of the ‘no cat areas’ in our house and my mom spotted her and said “Just because you act like a ninja and look like a ninja does not mean you are a ninja.” IMMD

Our campus has a bronze statue of Daniel Boone with two hounds. I was walking my dog by the statue and she was very wary of the bronze hounds. She approached them slowly and proceeded to sniff each of their metallic butts. She deemed them a non-threat and trotted off to check out the fire hydrant. IMMD.

Someone I know named their two black poodles Lord Voldermort which he thought was great until the day they both ran off in the park and wouldn’t come back, he was stood by the gate repeatedly yelling in an angry voice “Come Lord Voldermort”, an eight year old walked out the park and said “You do know the books aren’t real *don’t you*?” When he told me IMMD.

i recently got a huge rot puppy. most people walk far far away from him due to his bark…however, when small kittens or children come up to him, he lays flat on the ground and crawls over to see them. pancake mode totally MMD

From spidermanmov:

Never sit in loose fitting-shorts without underwear when there is a cat about that likes playing with dangling objects. #LFMF

When your dog doesn't pee much during his walk, don't be so happy. He has peed somewhere in your house and you don't know it yet. #LFMF

When using a Weed Wacker on your lawn, ALWAYS check your dog hasn't been out first. #LFMF

When shutting up a room to keep your cat away from your smaller pets, make sure you shut the cat out, not in. Your cat will have an AWESOME day. Your pet budgies and mice will not. #LFMF

Laura's Babies
09-26-2010, 08:48 PM
That's some GOOD STUFF! Thanks! (yea, I read them all!)

Medusa
09-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Some of them are hilarious! Thank you, Candace. :)

robinh
09-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Thanks! IMMD - totally brought a smile to my face to end the day. :D