PDA

View Full Version : Nina adopted, She at the vets *PRAYS NEEDED*, Going to New Home Tonight 11/8/10

Anikaca77
09-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Here is a picture of Nina.

She was taken to her foster home last night and I will be setting up a vet appointment for her on Monday.

She seems rather sweet, just a little scared right now and isn't sure what's going on.

Nina is estimated to be around 5-6 years old. She will be fixed before she gets adopted out. I will have her current on shots as well.

Her two sons will be going to the Centre Co. SPCA because I can't take financial responsibility for all 3 cats. Some of you may have read my other post or my post from my facebook page. The lady who has these 3 cats was told that if she didn't get rid of all 3 cats and just keep the 1 she has then they will begin eviction process especially since her place was a mess. They have been having some cleaning people coming into her place to get rid of the clutter but it's a process but the cats have to go and I just don't have the $$ to take care of any more than my own but I'm going to try my hardest to find this mom cat the best home where she can live in clean environment.

If anyone would like to adopt Nina or if you could just spread the word that I'm looking for a home for a female cat that is friendly with other cats that would be so helpful.

Thank you,
Melissa

momcat
09-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi Miss Melissa,
This is a sad story. Thank you very much for doing so much to help my fellow kitties in need. For everything you do for all of the kitties in need, bless you! To us kitties, you're a real hero! I hope that Nina finds a furever home where she'll be treated like a PT kitty, we get only the very best of everything! Thank you for caring enough to help!

Purrs and kitty kisses,
Your friend,
Groucho

catmandu
09-26-2010, 04:31 PM
You are such a Good Lady Melossa, trying to save those poor lost Cats.
There are so many out there who have been given up because of the depression , and through no fault of their own are so hungry and lonely.
We are praying hard for Nina , and All those Poor Lost Pets out there.
The Lucky Found Hotel Cats and All of Our Porch Cats and Our Awesome Angels Army Companions.

phesina
09-26-2010, 06:55 PM
God bless you, Melissa and Nina both.

Medusa
09-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Gosh Melissa, you sure are a committed worker, aren't you? Thanx to you Nina will have a better chance at having a clean environment and a loving home. She looks a lot like my Yodie. Bless you both. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
09-26-2010, 09:14 PM
She's such a gorgeous cat and I hope she'll find the perfect loving and caring home that she deserves. Thank you for helping her and caring for her.:)

Anikaca77
09-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Nina is set to be fixed on Oct. 19th. That was the soonest I could get her in. I will also have her FIV/FELV combo tested then and she will receive her shots at that appointment as well. She is doing well in her foster home. I really hope I will be able to find her a forever home.

Thanks!
Melissa

Anikaca77
09-29-2010, 08:39 AM
Today I will be taking Nina's two sons to the SPCA. I feel so terrible about this but financially I can't take on 2 more. I know it's what's best for them and I'm just going to have to keep reminding myself of that.

I still feel terrible though. I guess I will try not to think about it so much.

Melissa

Laura's Babies
09-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Nina is lovely, even if she does look a tad PO'ed....

katladyd
09-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Nina is beautiful! If I was allowed one more in my apartment, I would pay to get her to me! I hope she finds a loving, furrever home.:love:

Anikaca77
10-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Nina is getting spayed today and combo tested. I'm hoping the results are negative.

She is really sweet. I had her at my place last night and she really deserves an indoor home. She is on the thin side and needs love and care.

Would anyone like a fixed female??

moosmom
10-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Good job, girl!!!

Sorry I can't take anymore in:rolleyes:. I'm at my limit: 6. I just picked up a beautiful American Shorthair mix that was dumped off in an East Hartford neighborhood. He's a very sweet, loving cat!!

He's at the vet being neutered and getting all his shots and is going to his new home tonight along with another lucky little kitty.

Anikaca77
10-19-2010, 10:31 AM
She's NEGATIVE!!!

:)

I'm so glad!!

I will pick her up at around 5 p.m.

Melissa

GILL
10-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Yea! If I had the room. We have moved a few out now we are down to 28.

Anikaca77
10-19-2010, 12:11 PM
I know you would John....well we always have that meeting place and Dunkin Donuts :)

haaha

Well if you know of anyone...let me know.

I will call the vets in about an hour to see how she's doing.

Melissa

Anikaca77
10-20-2010, 01:23 PM
I picked up Nina last night and when we got her home I got her some food and some warm blankets to lay on but all she wanted to do was walk around all funny like.

She was supposed to go back over to her foster home but for right now she is at our place resting in our bathroom. The foster home has a dog and they said she would hide under their couch a lot and I was thinking she was just scared but I don't think she really like that dog very much because she lying on blankets and doing pretty well right now.

She loves to be petted. She is very sweet and I told her foster mom that I can't image her hiding with how friendly she is being at our place but she said she was friendly only when the dog wasn't around.

So I'm not sure if I'm going to return her to her foster home or just foster her here but oh my that's just too many under 1 roof.

She is spayed, combo tested negative, and looking for a wonderful home. I would be glad to transport her :)

Melissa

Anikaca77
10-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Well it might look like luck has changed. My one friend saw my post on Facebook about her and called me up last night :)

She is stopping by tonight to chit chat and meet Nina :)!!!

I'm so excited!

Catty1
10-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Oh, I hope beautiful Nina has her furrever home soon! :D:love:

Medusa
10-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Fingers and paws crossed here! :love:

Randi
10-21-2010, 10:47 AM
What a sweet girl she is. :love: Fister and I are keeping all paws and fingers crossed that she finds a home with your friend.

katladyd
10-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Oh I am hoping Nina has found her forever home at last!!!!:love:

KittyMomma
10-21-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure if i could take on another kitty right now but i was going to offer to foster her for awhile. I live in tn however, and I have a FIV+ male kitty who is sweet. I would have no problem adding to the family even if i had to get her vaccinated against FIV. I think Brooks needs a playmate and I was advised to get a female. Hope Nina gets a furr-ever home soon.:love:

Anikaca77
10-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Nina will be going to her forever home on Nov. 1st :)

My friend is adopting her. She is going to have the best home, I'm so happy for her :)

Melissa

katladyd
10-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Hooray for Nina!!!!:D:love:

Pinot's Mom
10-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Good job, Melissa!
Good luck Nina! :D

momcat
10-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Hi Melissa!
This is wonderful news! It's even better knowing that Nina will be going to a loving and caring furever home. Will your friend give you visitation?

Sweet Nina, Concatulations on finding your new furever home! I wish you and your new purrents many years filled with love, care, and companionship :love:
Please ask Melissa to give you lots of scritchies and lovies from me?

phesina
10-25-2010, 06:26 PM
That's wonderful news.

Safe home, Nina! And keep in touch!

mrspunkysmom
10-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Congrats on the forever home!

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2010, 01:17 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D

Anikaca77
11-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Last night Nina started to limp on her left paw. I don't know what happened to her...I don't know if this is an old injury or what. She is at the vets now and they just called and said she is putting her weight on that paw but it does look a little swollen which I agreed I thought that too.

So they are going to take an x-ray of each paw and see if anything shows up.

Prays please.

Thanks!
Melissa

Anikaca77
11-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Well the x-rays came back and everything looks good.

At first they told me she didn't have a fever but that was incorrect. She actually does have a fever and so they are going to give her a shot of antibotics and they are going to watch her for the rest of the day to see if it goes back down.

They said if it goes higher or anything they will call me.

Melissa

lvpets2002
11-01-2010, 12:05 PM
:love: Well I sure hope everything turns out ok for Nina.. Now is she going to her new furrever home after she gets well?? I sure hope that she got a new furrever home.. Get Well Soon Nina.. Keep us posted ok..

Randi
11-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I hope nothing serious is wrong with Nina. Hopefully the antibiotics will clear it up and she can go to her forever home. :love:

Anikaca77
11-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Her new mom is supposed to come over tonight to pick her up at 7 p.m.

I just hope everything goes well today, I haven't heard anything else from them so hopefully that means things are going well.

Anikaca77
11-02-2010, 07:32 AM
I called the vets around 3:30 p.m. to check up on Nina and they said she still had a fever of 103 and they were hoping that with the antibotic shot they gave them yesterday morning it would have went down. So they gave her another antibotic shot yesterday and said that they would like to keep her overnight.

I agreed that would be fine to do. So I stopped over there last night and spent some time with her and fed her and petted her.

She wasn't limping anymore but she was pretty warm.

This morning I stopped by to see her and give her some more can food and she was being so sweet, I could tell she wants to leave.

I'm not sure if my friend is going to adopt her anymore or not. Last night she said something that makes me think she will back out but time will tell.

Anyway, if you would just say a few prays that her fever breaks and she is able to come home with me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Melissa

Anikaca77
11-02-2010, 08:43 AM
I just spoke with the vets and she still has a fever of 103.5

The vet isn't sure what is going on but she said she's starting to wonder if it's FIP.

Oh god I hope not....I can't lose another one to that.

Please say a pray....I'm starting to get really worried... I feel like crying but I can't at work....

Melissa

Freedom
11-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Oh no, not the horrid FIP! How I HATE that disease!!!

Come on, Nina, respond to the antibiotics or let the white coats what something easy to fix is the underlying cause of this temp. Sweet girl, you have so many folks routing for you!!

Queen of Poop
11-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Prayers for sweet Nina.:love:

Laura's Babies
11-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Has she been checked for Bartonella? If not have them test her for that. If I am not mistalen it takes a special antibiotic to treat that and that could be why the one she is on isn't helping..

Anikaca77
11-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Has she been checked for Bartonella? If not have them test her for that. If I am not mistalen it takes a special antibiotic to treat that and that could be why the one she is on isn't helping..

I don't think she has been. They did a CBC of her blood yesterday and things looked good there.

She doesn't have a bludge in her belly or anything like that so I wasn't sure if it could be FIP or not....they did mention FELV but she was combo tested on Oct. 19th and I was told she was negative, I may have them re-test her just to make 100% sure she isn't but I'm sure if she was..wouldn't something show up in her blood?

Melissa

Anikaca77
11-02-2010, 01:12 PM
I just called the vets and they said that her fever did go down some :)!

They said once the vet is done with a patient she will give me a call and give me the full report!

Anikaca77
11-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Well Nina's fever broke. :)!!!! YEAH!!!

Not sure what is going on just yet, they are not sure if it was the Metacam that broke the fever or if it was finally the antibotic that dropped it.

They want me to keep a close eye on her and of course I'll do that. Hopefully, she continues to do well and it's not FIP.

There are some other tests to run but things are looking good right now so we are not going to run them at this moment.

I hope she goes back to feeling better and I'm going to make sure she gets lots and lots of loving tonight.

Melissa

momcat
11-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Poor Nina. I'm happy to know there's some improvement and her fever has broken. Many prayers are going up for both of you. Could I ask you to give her lots of lovies from me?

phesina
11-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Prayers of gratitude that the fever broke, and prayers that Nina will be all better very soon.

katladyd
11-02-2010, 03:09 PM
I am so happy! We need some good news here, and this was it! Go Nina!:love:

jennielynn1970
11-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Glad the fever broke. Hope the adoption still goes through.

Anikaca77
11-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Well I picked up Nina and she is doing so well now!

Keeping my fingers crossed! I have some antibotic's that I need to give to her for the next couple of days and some pain reliever and anti-inflamatory meds too.

Freedom
11-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Great report! So glad Nina is back home with you.

So, they haven't been able to figure out what the heck happened with her? Oh how frustrating! Still, I hope this is behind Nina now, and she can continue to heal and feel better, and move on to a wonderful life in her furever home.

Anikaca77
11-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Great report! So glad Nina is back home with you.

So, they haven't been able to figure out what the heck happened with her? Oh how frustrating! Still, I hope this is behind Nina now, and she can continue to heal and feel better, and move on to a wonderful life in her furever home.

Nope they are still confused and so am I but she is doing well so I'm just so happy for her.

We took her temp. this morning and it was 100.1 so I was doing the happy dance :)

Anikaca77
11-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Nina is going to be going to her new home on Nov. 8th!

She is doing very well, this morning she got her can food with dry food and she was loving every moment of it.

:)

Thank you all for the prays,
Melissa

phesina
11-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Oh, that's great news, Melissa and Nina!

Queen of Poop
11-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Very relieved that she is feeling better and that she will be going to her forever home too. Thank you for looking after her!:love:

Anikaca77
11-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Nina is going to be going to her new home tonight! She is doing so much better now. Hopefully she continues to do well.

I'm going to miss her but this will be good for her.

Melissa

katladyd
11-08-2010, 01:35 PM
This little lady deserves a furrever home where she is truly loved. Welcome to the good life, Nina!:love::D

phesina
11-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Well done, Nina and Melissa! And welcome HOME, Nina!

Medusa
11-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Excellent news, Melissa! Good job! :D I'm sure that once she settles in Nina will be very happy and you played the major role in making that happen. :)

momcat
11-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Hi beautiful Nina,
While I'm sorry that you'll be leaving PT, I wish you a life filled with love, care, and companionship for many years to come! Enjoy your new furever home, sweetie :love:

Anikaca77
11-09-2010, 01:15 PM
My friend came to get Nina last night. I put Nina in her cat carrier and walked her out to my friends car, and that got me there....of course I am overly happy that my friend got to adopt her and take her home with her but of course I'm a tad sad too but I'm happy as well and of course I had to tear up....my hormones or something...

Anyway I'm so glad that she is at her forever home.

Melissa