PDA

View Full Version : color/patterns

jenluckenbach
10-26-2002, 06:03 AM
What group of colors or patterns in cats most attracts your eye? This is not about which ones you have, but more so, about what would draw you to them if you were in a room filled with kitties. Just curious.

10-26-2002, 06:22 AM
I am very attracted by calico cats . Our Maya is mostly white , with brown and grey pattern on her head , her back , and tail . Very attractive !Little Inka is like a tiger , but with white paws ! My RB-cat Sydney was all black .Of course other cats also attract me , in fact I do not really care how they look ; I love them all just the way they are !!;) :)

Cataholic
10-26-2002, 07:35 AM
Aside from the tuxedos (which don't seem to be on the poll :( ), I am drawn to all grey cats. You know, really, I just so totally love allllll cats so much, I am drawn to them all. :D

Karen
10-26-2002, 08:02 AM
Can't vote, any pattern will do if there's a kitty inside!

neko1
10-26-2002, 08:26 AM
My favs are grey, and orange and white. And of course ruddy and blue abyssinians!!

Cataholic
10-26-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Karen
Can't vote, any pattern will do if there's a kitty inside!

Can it be said any better?:)

Felicia's Mom
10-26-2002, 09:48 AM
I like blue (grey) and silver tabby.

Randi
10-26-2002, 10:15 AM
I'm quite drawn to brown striped tabbies, tuxedos, all black and reds - with a thick fur :)

All Creatures Great And Small
10-26-2002, 10:36 AM
I am more drawn to short hair than long hair, but other than that, I guess it's more a kitty's face and personality that catch my interest. I've never been especially drawn to black kitties, but then I saw Casper on here and I wanted to smooch him all over his head because he's gorgeous. I have seen a lot of kitties on here that I never would have thought I'd be drawn to, but I fell in love with them all!:D

jenluckenbach
10-26-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Aside from the tuxedos (which don't seem to be on the poll :( ), I am drawn to all grey cats. :D

Tuxedos are color and white, silly.:p

Felicia's Mom
10-26-2002, 04:55 PM
My earlier answer should have been solid blues and silver tabbys.

Cataholic
10-27-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

Tuxedos are color and white, silly.:p

Well, if you put it like that, thennnn I guess I am changing my vote. Please add one check to the white with any other colour. I think Tuxedos deserve their own line...:D

The Cat Factory
10-27-2002, 12:34 AM
I love Grey Tabbies, Cream Tabbies and Tuxedos! I love all kitties though!

Kirsten
10-27-2002, 03:07 AM
Voted for tabby 'cause Luna is my tabby girl, but I'm never sure what kind of tabby she is... brownish with a bit of red and cream?

Kirsten

jenluckenbach
10-27-2002, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Kirsten
Voted for tabby 'cause Luna is my tabby girl, but I'm never sure what kind of tabby she is... brownish with a bit of red and cream?

Kirsten
Luna is {now this is a very technical term}
BEAUTIFUL Tabby

-Panther-
10-27-2002, 06:50 AM
I voted solid :)

I had to choose between solid and tabby.
But, if there were a room full of kitties, I would most definitely choose solid white cat, I LOVE THEM http://www.jordysworld.de/emoticons/liebe02.gif ( And I have two of them :D )
But I love all cats no matter what :)

By the way, can you see pictures of my dog and cats in my signature?? :confused:

Cataholic
10-27-2002, 06:52 AM
Panther- nope...can't see it...:(

-Panther-
10-27-2002, 07:52 AM
Oh no :(

It's linked from my homepage, I'm not sure why it doesn't work, but might be the domain that doesn't allow pictures being linked :confused:
My dog and cats (http://www.sunpoint.net/~panthers/kuvat/anim.gif) <-- This is the picture anyway :o

jenluckenbach
10-27-2002, 08:20 AM
sorry Panther, can't see the picture there either.

tuxluvr
10-27-2002, 07:23 PM
well, like that is anything new for me....but like others, I really love all cats.;)

krazyaboutkatz
10-27-2002, 10:44 PM
I love all cats but I voted for the calico, siamese, and tortie patterns because their coats are very beautiful. I also have a big soft spot for the orangies and abys too. :)

wolf_Q
10-27-2002, 10:50 PM
For color/patterns I like tabbies (especially orange) and siamese. I really like the kitties that look like a siamese-tabby mix.....like tabby type stripes in the siamese color pattern, if you know what I mean. I'm usually drawn to cats with cool eyes......blue and pale green are my favorite. :) Of course, I don't have a cat, but I wish I did. :)

Mauisgirl
10-28-2002, 10:06 AM
To me, it doesnt matter what color my cat is (maui is bronze with mocha spots). My first cat was a red striped ;)

rosethecopycat
10-28-2002, 12:19 PM
In all of my childhood drawings I always gave a cat the siamese points!
To me, that;s what cats were. Now, I am attracted to Tuxes and Moo cows. I think all black and white creatures are striking. Pandas, penguins, skunks, cows, zebras, etc.
I also like the Calicos, with their three or more color design.

Rosethecopycat

Uabassoon
10-28-2002, 12:42 PM
I tried to vote, but I'm having problems voting right now. But I love colopoints (siamese cats). I always try to have at least 1 colorpoint, Zasper was my first then when I saw Tibby I feel in love with her. I think they are so beautiful, but I also love tabby patterns.

NoahsMommy
10-28-2002, 02:13 PM
I have always been drawn to orangies...that is why we got Noah....I also am drawn to grey tabbies and to tuxies! :)

Barbara
10-28-2002, 02:29 PM
I love all cats, especially
tabbys in all colours
Abyssinians
Tuxedos (the more black the better)
Torties
Blues....and I agree with Karen

Vermontcat
10-28-2002, 02:49 PM
I voted for specialty colors because I like Siamese but I am including tux and moo-cow kitties in that category too.:) I think they are all specialty colors not just any color and white. I think you should have a category to choose to vote for all of the above.

Rosethecopycat, I like the same kinds of cats you do, my next two cats will be a tux and a siamese like you have.:cool:

zookeeper
10-28-2002, 03:31 PM
I am drawn to orange tabbies, there is just something about them that I love. When we adopted Cam there was a big room full of cats and I only had eyes for Cam. And any time I look on the humane society website and see and orange I want to run there and pick it up.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-28-2002, 07:59 PM
I have to say that it would probably be the personality that would catch my attention first, but if it was nap time and no one's personality was obvious, I'd have to say I'd go for the all black one first (sorry Peanut!). Tubby was the first cat as an adult that lasted any length of time, and I find that I really like the black ones.

Two weeks ago we were on vacation in Myrtle Beach with the motorhome. It was a rally of our brand of motorhome, so picture a campground full of gorgeous 40' diesel pusher motorhomes. It was time to leave (boo hooo!) and Terry was outside undoing all the hook-ups (electric, sewer, etc.) and I was preparing the inside for travel (putting things away so they don't crash off the counter when we go around a corner, etc.) when Terry tapped at the front window. I went over and he pointed across to the next row of motorhomes, and there was an all black kitty! He looked to be less than a year old and was so cute! His head was big and square.....Kelly's Basil has a more pointed face, whereas this kitty's face was more like.....Fister I think. I could tell he was young and that he was going to be a big cat because of his head, and he had a really long thick black tail. When I saw him all I could think of was the warnings here about black cats being out at this time of year and I was immediately worried for him. I went out and called him over, and he came right over and let me pet him. Then he walked away, so I went back inside. Next thing you know, Terry's at the door telling me to come and take care of this cat. He is such a softie at heart, that he couldn't take it that the kitty was sitting there meowing at him while he was unhooking things. He felt so bad for the little guy and wanted be to see if I could find his home. He obviously had a home because he had a flea collar on him, and he looked to sleek and clean, and was way too friendly to be feral. I tried to pick him up and take him to the campground office, but that only worked until I started walking. Then he started biting me, but I had my jacket on so that wasn't a problem, but then the claws came out and I had to let him go. He did follow me though, and I started heading towards the office. I came upon a few people along the way, and one guy told me he had seen the kitty around, and that he belonged to one of the more permanent residents at the campground. While I was talking to this guy, the kitty wandered off into some bushes, so knowing he was ok and at home, I hightailed it back to the motorhome hoping he wouldn't follow me again. I was heart broken to have to leave him like that, but it was obvious that he was someone's kitty, and they obviously took good care of him - except for leaving him run around a campground with huge vehicles and all sorts of people.

Anyway, didn't mean to digress there, but he was all black, and I would have absolutely loved to bring him home to Tubby and have two beautiful black boys in the house. And it made me think that about Tubby and his blackness, and I really like black cats, so I had to vote solid. Whew! How's that for a short, sweet answer. ;) :)