PDA

View Full Version : Didn't know where else to turn to.

Anikaca77
09-24-2010, 11:00 AM
I posted up on the Cat General section about needing a temporary home for 3 cats or they will be put to sleep on Oct. 1st.

I'm in a pickle right now because I have found a foster home but I honestly don't have the money to give this person the supplies, they are a college student and they don't have a lot of money but cares for cats and doesn't want to see these guys get destroyed when it wasn't even their fault.

The only thing I'm trying to raise $$ so I can get each one combo tested and have their shots and fixed as well.

I'm looking at about $232.00 (for FIV/FELV combo test for each cat, shots rabies and distemper for each cat, and food and supplies).

I will probably have enough $$ to have them fixed but that's about it. As some of you may see by my post on facebook I need help with these guys. The owner is apparently a little slow and she is accussed of hoarding stuff and the cats have to go. They don't care how they go but they have be gone by Oct. 1st.

I will give you my vet number if you wanted to call them directly to send a payment but if I could be informed as to how much that would be very helpful. I did send around an e-mail to all my co-workers but I have heard anything.

I do work with a non-profit rescue and we could put the supplies if someone wanted to do that under her name. I know she would be ok with that.

Please if anyone can help out I'd greatly appreciate it or even if someone would like to adopt one of these cats I'd appreciate that as well.

Thank you,
Melissa

Catty1
09-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Can this student get a special student rate from a vet? Could her family or some friends help her out a bit?

Prayers this works out for the kitties...:love:

Anikaca77
09-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Can this student get a special student rate from a vet? Could her family or some friends help her out a bit?

Prayers this works out for the kitties...:love:

I just found a lady who will be able to provide food and litter for the 2 cats. Now I just need to find a home for the 3rd cat. But this is just temporary but at least they have a place to go for now.

I have sent out a mass e-mail asking for help or if someone could take in at least one.

For now I will make sure the cats get fixed first and then do the blood work and try to arrange some type of payment if I can.

Anikaca77
09-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Ok I just spoke with the lady who has the 3 cats.

Got more info finally.

Right now I'm dealing with a mom cat named Nina who is about 5-6 years old.

Her 2 babies are both males and they are 1 yr. and 1 month old.

I asked if she could be pregnant, she doesn't think so but who knows. The two males names are Buzz and Fuzz.

Apparently Buzz poops and pees in the tub sometimes and the litter box in the bathroom so I'm a little confused why he is doing that but maybe he is just confused or something.

The mom is a grey tabby, the 1 male is also grey tabby, and last male is light grey with white.

It looks like I might have a temporary place for them to stay but I will need to find them a forever home.

Melissa