PDA

View Full Version : Buckeye - new kitten at the HS

Catty1
09-23-2010, 06:34 PM
When I was volunteering yesterday I got to meet Buckeye! He was the runt of his litter, and is tiny and ferocious! With his pointy ears and nose, and skinny legs with fat little belly, he looks like a mouse!

http://www.cochranehumane.ca/images/Sept23EP-Buckeye-4.jpg

He came in with his buddy, Ace.

http://www.cochranehumane.ca/images/Sept23EP-Ace-1.jpg

Ace always attacks Buckeye, and Buckeye squeals and baby-snarls as if he is being killed! But he's not. :love::love:

They were found together in a dumpster, mewing for help. Even in small-town Cochrane Alberta. Redneck and no-brain country. :mad:

sasvermont
09-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Why don't people spay and neuter their pets if they don't want offsprings? Why oh why must we continually see and hear things about unwanted pets. It just doesn't make sense to me.

The other day, someone emailed me, wanting to see Prue, my newish puppy, since the emailer was wanting to get a Tibetan Terrier puppy but wanted to "see one" first. Prue was being spayed that day, so it was a no go. The emailer wanted to know why I was having Prue spayed. Duh. And this emailer was supposedly a smart person, very high up in a very famous company in the USA.

It breaks my heart to see these two little ones homeless. I know, I know, there are millions of them out there. I just don't get it. Are people really that (*(**(&^( stupid?

Thanks for showing us the photos. They are both simply adorable to say the least. I am sure they will both find wonderful homes. It is good that they were found early in their lives. Poor things.
:rolleyes: Some people are...... stupid People! Ugh!

Laura's Babies
09-23-2010, 08:54 PM
They are both SO cute!!! Ace has such a pretty face!

Medusa
09-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Oh how cute!

catmandu
09-27-2010, 09:39 AM
How sad it is that people treasure their material possessions more than the creatures of Our All Loving Lord God above.:mad:
We Love Little Buckeye:cool: and hope and pray that Ace :)and
Buckeye can find a Furr Ever Home where they will be Loved and Find their place in the sun!!:love::love::love:

lvpets2002
09-27-2010, 09:50 AM
:love: Aweee they are both so Cute..

Catty1
09-27-2010, 11:15 AM
I was in a couple of days later - and Buckeye had been adopted! Little wonder he got a home so quickly!

Now that September is here, adoptions are picking up a bit. My one former foster is still in isolation healing up - you don't want to take chances with a URI spreading there! - hopefully all will get wonderful homes soon!

katladyd
09-27-2010, 12:46 PM
I agree with Catmandu, I will never understand how people can put material possessions ahead of these lovely little creatures of God.:( NOTHING is more precious to me than my son and my kitties!:love:

Abby&Buddy'sMom
09-27-2010, 05:16 PM
I agree with Catmandu, I will never understand how people can put material possessions ahead of these lovely little creatures of God.:( NOTHING is more precious to me than my son and my kitties!:love:

Amen!! I agree 100 % , as I also have a son and 2 precious kitties :love: