PDA

View Full Version : Day Off

Marigold2
09-23-2010, 09:54 AM
It's my day off. I don't always get one during the week as my schedule changes with the Doc's. and the work load but today is MY day to do as I please.
Yesterday was most difficult for me as it was the anniversary of my mom's death. She died in 1994. Mom was coming to visit me on Sept 11, had a car accident and was life flighted to Metro were she died 11 days later on a beautiful Sept day. I remember walking out of the hosptial after her death and the birds were singing, people were walking, cars were driving, the sun was shinining and I felt as if the sun should go away and the day should be as black and frightened, sad and horrified as my heart. It was so surreal.................. She was such a kind and sweet, brave and loving women. Some years are better then others for me, this year was very difficult, don't know why, it just was. After work I went shopping by myself, didn't want to go home just yet, knew I would sit down and cry so I went and got a lipstick and two new purses. It helped to be amoung people at the store, just did not want to be alone.
Anyway....... today is my day off and I will be cleaning. Which made me think, what do most of you do on your day off? I have to work Sat so my weekend is short. It is very hot outside so yardwork is out for me today.
I thought I would clean the house and set out some fall decorations. Maybe put the fall wreath up on the door, things like that, maybe bake some cookies.
Do most of you work on your day off? Cook, clean, shop, bake, wash or do you go out with friends? I usually do that on the weekends instead of during the week since most of my friends work.
Oh just a side note. Hubby always complaines about the mess the pets make. So yesterday he had to do a presentation and guess what? He included three pictures of the pets in his report. Boscoe who sat at the table ready to eat, Ki Ki who he informed all of his nick name
Mr. Cutie Pants and last but not least Bennybunny. He said Benny was the last picture and NO one was expecting to see a rabbit on big the screen, the room got quiet and he explained that this was wifes bunny Benny. He ended the report by saying
"Bennybunny wants to know if you have any questions?"
He is so funny, always complaines about the mess but has to admit for cute factor nothing beats a rabbit.

Catherinedana
09-23-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm sure that it was a difficult day for you. . .but if you do something to celebrate your mom's life it will make your heart lighter. I do that in memory of my brother, who I still miss tremendously after 6 years, but he was a nut that I loved so much and there is so much to celebrate in his memory.

As for husbands and pets, I have a similar situation. . .my hubby can be a bit impatient with all the birds sometimes. He says, "I'm not like you with them. You have more patience than I do - you understand them better."

Then I look over at him sitting on the couch watching TV with a sun conure and quaker parrot on one shoulder and the pair of lovebirds sleeping on the other shoulder and him just sitting there like nothing is going on :D :D

cassiesmom
09-23-2010, 03:00 PM
I'd love having a day off during the week! I'd like to work four 10-hour days but that's not an option in my current position. If I could, I'd use that day for things like the bank, the post office and having lunch with my mom or my sister.

Do something wonderful for YOU :love: and please give Benny, Boscoe and Mr. Cutie Pants a big hug from me!

cassiesmom
09-24-2010, 05:29 PM
So, Marigold, how was your day off?