PDA

View Full Version : Today's interesting item

wombat2u2004
09-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Just received this today from a seller I know in Texas.
It's a Bavarian War Merit Cross, and was given to her by an American guard who was at the Nuremburg Trials.
Probably got a bit of history connected to it.....we'll never know.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/BAVCROSS.jpg

blue
09-23-2010, 12:25 AM
Nice find. Hope if you find the history behind it you share it.

Laura's Babies
09-23-2010, 06:53 AM
Right! If you find out anything on it, share the information! I love old stuff like that. They made stuff to last in those days.

cassiesmom
09-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Wom, I always learn something from your "wins"! I wish you could have them published in a book so I might see them all.

wombat2u2004
09-25-2010, 04:40 AM
Nice find. Hope if you find the history behind it you share it.

Who knows who it was awarded to ??? Obviously someone who had served in WW1, and received that honour for bravery.......and then it falls into to the hands of a US guard in 1945-46 at Nuremberg.
Nuremburg is in Bavaria, so the guard could well have purchased it from a militaria shop....or been given it by one of the defendants at the trial.
The history is lost in time....we'll never know.

wombat2u2004
09-25-2010, 04:47 AM
Wom, I always learn something from your "wins"! I wish you could have them published in a book so I might see them all.

Well.....I do record what I've got so far, on the computer....I place a photo of what I win, and put it's title underneath. As I complete each collection.....(there are about 14 different collections that span conflicts from Waterloo to Vietnam) I'll print them out, put them in envelopes, and stick them on the back of the frames that hold the items.
When I'm all done with collections on certain wars, I'll send you a copy......k ??? ;)