PDA

View Full Version : Catmobile Kitties, Get Your Sunglasses!

momcat
09-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi fellow kitties!

As some of you may already know, our friend Austin B is going to be in his very first cat show in Hartford, Conn. on October 23. It's going to be quite a day complete with the annual Hooker Day Parade. The PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet will be marching and Austin B is in the running for Grand Marshall.

Pinot, do we have enough time to pull this one off? If you need more maps, call me on my cell phone. Cassie and I talked to the friendly neighborhood Jaguar dealer, the Catmobile will be good to go.

For our Quartet, don't worry. There will be plenty of room to safely store your bagpipes on the Catmobile.

We need to be there to show our support for Austin B! Check in and let us know you're coming so Pinot can map everything out. Cassie, thank you for watching out for what's happening! You're an outstanding event monitor!

Check in fellow kitties, we have plans to make.

Your friend,
Groucho

catmandu
09-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Great as that is a Saturday , Grocho and we Found Cats can drop in at Poco Loco and bring Tacos, Nachos and Quesadillas , Chile and Salsa Chips and Ice Cream!!!:love::love:
As well as Burritos and Tostadas!!!:):)
All home made by Jorge and Muy Delicioso!!!!:cool::cool:
We will have a Fiesta in Hartford!!!:love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
09-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Will they be home before Halloween? My 3 kids would love to go but since Chip and Chuck are black, I want them safe at home before Halloween. It's hard to believe but some humans hurt black kitties around that time. :(:love: I think I may feel better if they wait until next trip. Besides, the way they are going, they will probably do something to get grounded by then.

Oh, wait, just what is a Hooker parade? Is it something I should worry about my youngsters knowing?

Pinot's Mom
09-19-2010, 06:20 PM
All kitties will be home well before Halloween. My Meowmie is really protective of me on that day, too, no matter how nice the weather, I don't get to go out. :(

Plans underway; my Uncle Tom (Mom's brother) lives in CT, so we may visit there, too. I'll let you know the final itinerary ASAP. See you soon, kitties!

Purrs,
Pinot

phesina
09-19-2010, 06:52 PM
We have been practicing diligently, and we are in fine form! All ready to march and perform in the parade.

Bob and Sydney, bagpipers extraordinaire!

astrid
09-19-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm definitely in!! I'd love to be a cheerleader for Austin B, can I??
Sophie

dehlers43
09-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Franklin is rarin' to go but Chelsea said she was going to pass this time.....she's just a wee bit tired of bagpipes.....:D

katladyd
09-20-2010, 12:21 AM
Ming is disappointed that Chelsea will not be coming:(, but he is very excited to be playing his bagpipes with the others in the parade. Of course, he is very anxious to support Austin B. as well!:) Will any of the Chicago kitties be coming? Ming said he can meet them there and then proceed to CT.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Chip, Chuck and Angel are all packing as I type. I told them last night to be sure and pack a hoodie because in October the weather may be nippy.

Angel was muttering about hoodies in her sleep last night. All I caught was shop, matching, catmobile hoodies, names. I don't know if she wants monogramed catmobile hoodies that match or ones in different colors, or ones that match their sunglasses or what. Maybe ones with catmobile across the back and their names on the front. Who knows what goes on in her little brain? :confused:

She just grinned in her kibble when I asked her about it this morning. :love:

astrid
09-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Franklin is rarin' to go but Chelsea said she was going to pass this time.....she's just a wee bit tired of bagpipes.....:D

WHAT??!! C'MON!!! Chels, please join us!!! We can go shopping and get lots of ice cream to clear our minds ;)

Plizzzzzz!!!!
Sophie

lvpets2002
09-20-2010, 11:23 AM
:love: Found the sunglassess.. The babies are all getting packed now & meowmom will go shopping for some treats.. They say Meowww a Party..

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/bogart2009/3390660414_edbaefc2f5sunglasses.jpg

dehlers43
09-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Oh OK, since my BFFF and my BFMF want me to go, I'll go....I'm still pretty tired of bagpipes though.....Franklin is trying to learn "Stairway to Heaven" on the pipes and I can tell you, it's not pretty.....:rolleyes:

But I'm really looking forward to going to the kitty show....that Butchie is hot!:D
(don't worry, Mingster.....:love:)
xox Chels

katladyd
09-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Ming likes Butchie a lot, so he's not worried Chelsea. He's just a baby and Ming is a full grown man cat (minus a couple of parts). If it helps, he promises NOT to play the pipes around Chelsea.:D

momcat
09-20-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm definitely in!! I'd love to be a cheerleader for Austin B, can I??
Sophie

You sure can, Sophie! I'm sure Austin B will be thrilled to have his very own cheerleader. Maybe you can get the other girl kitties to join you? That would certainly give Austin B an advantage with the judges.

Miss MomofFuzzyFaces, Meowmie had pretty much the same reaction to the Hooker Day parade. I heard her say, "What the...?" I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.

Chip and Chuck, Please behave yourselves and don't get in any more trouble. We all want to see you again.

Chels, I'm so happy that you changed your mind and will be coming with us. There's probably some very good shopping in Hartford.

Gotta go, friends. Inka is calling on my cell phone.

Your friend,
Groucho

cassiesmom
09-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Cassie will be there and hopes her sweety Michael will too.

phesina
09-20-2010, 02:43 PM
We have been practicing diligently, and we are in fine form! All ready to march and perform in the parade.

Bob and Sydney, bagpipers extraordinaire!

P.S., We're coming too!
Poppy, Elmer, and Sparkler

Pinot's Mom
09-20-2010, 03:01 PM
P.S., We're coming too!
Poppy, Elmer, and Sparkler

Of course you are!! :)

Sparkler, have you phoned Merlin? Let me know!

Purrs,
Pinot

phesina
09-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Sparkler is on her cell phone at this VERY MINUTE, as we speak (so to speak). Merlin will be there, all right, if Sparkler has anything to say about it!

Sparkler and Poppy and Elmer think it would be a great idea for all the kids who AREN'T wearing kilts and playing the pipes to dress up as Catmobile Cheerleaders (uniform needs to be designed.. Lady E., are you there?) to cheer on Austin B in his Debut on the Show Stage! Oh, all the ribbons to be won..

momcat
09-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Hi fellow kitties! I just thought of something for our trip. After Austin B wins all of those blue ribbons at the cat show, how about all of us visiting Mystic Seaport? Meowmie and Soncat went and say it's loads of fun. There's the Mystic Aquarium where huge fishies actually jump out of the water. There's lots to see at the Seaport, lots of really old ships that we can go on, the best lemonade you ever tasted, and for our ladies many nice shops to check out. And there are some good restaurants for a traditional Catmobile seafood feast.

What do you think? Anyone interested in checking it out? Pinot, can we do it?

astrid
09-22-2010, 12:11 PM
An Aquarium sounds perfect! I love to see fishies jumping.... especially on frying pans... but sounds like we can have a lot of fun together!
Sophie

momoffuzzyfaces
09-22-2010, 12:24 PM
My kitties are bounching up and down in excitment at the thought of seeing live fishies, even through glass.:D

I was wondering if some of the girls would take Angel shopping. She wants a rose colored hoodie. She has a lovely purple one but since her middle name is Rose, she wants a rose one too. I told her she may have to wait until spring for that color but she has her heart set on looking. She's hoping larger cities might have one. All we have here is Walmart. They are very limited on choices. She has even been saving her alowance and birthday money. (of course, I gave her a credit card she can use too for any thing they might need on the trip. It's ok if she uses that too). :love:

katladyd
09-22-2010, 01:29 PM
YOU GAVE YOUR KITTY YOUR CREDIT CARD???!!!! Mine have their own. No way they are ruining my bad credit!:D
Mac and Ming are all excited about going to the aquarium!

Pinot's Mom
09-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Mystic? Sure we can do it! My Meowmie lived there when she was a little girl until she moved to Rhode Island. Maybe we can see her old house, too!:)

lvpets2002
09-22-2010, 02:27 PM
:eek: WoW CREDIT CARDS == I had better check my purse for mine.. Elmer your Darling Taccoa says she cant hardly wait till we can be together again.. Yes Roco looks forward to seeing his Sweetheart Pinot.. Lets see now where is my CELL PHONE?? :D

YOU GAVE YOUR KITTY YOUR CREDIT CARD???!!!! Mine have their own. No way they are ruining my bad credit!:D

momcat
09-22-2010, 03:17 PM
This is so great! Since all of you agree, I'm major excited about going to Mystic Aquarium and Seaport. Meowmie said there are all kinds of fishies there- seahorses, dolphins, whales to name just a few, even penguins! Since the penguins get to go outside, maybe they'll join us for a picnic or something. Meowmie absolutely adores penguins!
I'll check the puter and see what the penguins like to eat so maybe we can bring them some treats. Soncat told me the seahorses are rather small fishies that don't look anything like our horsie friends.

There are some of you we haven't heard from yet! Check in and let us know you're coming. There's still plenty of time and plenty of room on the Catmobile!

Your friend,
Groucho

momoffuzzyfaces
09-22-2010, 05:38 PM

They are too young to have a card in there names yet so I let them use one of mine that has a very low limit. ;) :love:

They are bounching off the chairs and window blinds in excitement right now. :eek::love:

slick
09-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Merlin is missing, his backpack is missing and I found his toys scattered all over the floor. :eek::(

cassiesmom
09-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Cassie says that she will kitten-sit Chip and Chuck, who have been pretty zoomy lately, to give Chester, Grandma and Winnie and their meowmie a break :love:

Pinot's Mom
09-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Merlin is missing, his backpack is missing and I found his toys scattered all over the floor. :eek::(

MERLIN you better be playing a trick! The show isn't for another month!

slick
09-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Text message from Merlin:

Sorry Meowmie, but I just had to leave and find my Sparkler again. I love her so much and when you told me about the next Catmobile trip, well, I just couldn't help it. I'm at the train station now. Gotta go. Will be in touch soon.

Phesina: I don't know what advice to give you. I'm just glad that he's safe for now. He doesn't have a credit card, just lots of cash. :eek:

phesina
09-24-2010, 04:14 PM
He's at your train station or my train station?

I wondered why Sparkler was perched on the window ledge looking out with her whiskers twitching...

momoffuzzyfaces
09-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Cassie says that she will kitten-sit Chip and Chuck, who have been pretty zoomy lately, to give Chester, Grandma and Winnie and their meowmie a break :love:

Thank you so very much Cassie!!! Angel will help you out too! :love:

momcat
09-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Does anyone know where Merlin is? Has anyone heard from him? Sparkler, do you know what's going on with him?

Your friend,
Groucho

momcat
10-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi fellow kitties,
I have some great news about our trip. While Meowmie and Soncat have been at work, I've been on the computer looking for fun things to do at Mystic Seaport. I just got an e-mail saying the penguins are taking us to the planetarium as their guests! We get to curl up in comfortable seats and look at the stars and planets on the ceiling. There's lots to see and I hear it's loads of fun. Then all of the girl penguins will take the girl kitties to the best places for shopping.

I've invited our new friend Leela to come too. If you haven't seen her video yet, be sure to check it out.

There's still plenty of time and plenty of room in the Catmobile. If you haven't already, check in with Pinot or me and let us know you're coming.

Your friend,
Groucho

momoffuzzyfaces
10-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Chip, Chuck, and Angel are bouncing up and down in excitement. They can't wait to meet a real penguin!!! They keep checking their bags, which they have had packed for weeks, to see if they need to bring anything else. They have tons of snacks to share with everyone too. :D :love:

katladyd
10-02-2010, 06:05 PM
The boys just wanted to tell you they are bringing shrimp and quacamole this time. Chips, too! They just can't wait to leave. Ming has been really practicing on his bagpipes and he can't wait to perform again! Could it be a certain kitty girl he's trying to impress?;)

dehlers43
10-02-2010, 10:38 PM
You may recall Chelsea wasn't too keen on making this trip - Franklin and the bagpipes were not exactly her favorite thing....:D However, Franklin has greatly improved to the point Chelsea now asks him to play! Who wudda thunk it????
The two of them have started to pack but they won't let me see what's in that big suitcase.:rolleyes:

catmandu
10-03-2010, 12:57 PM
:cool:Thgere is a Graet Take Out Deal at Sobeys with a Roast Beef and Potatoes Au Gratin!! and as you leave there are vegetables and an ice cream bar , just jammed packed with GOODIES!!!:love::love::love:
Come On You Cat Mobile Ctas and let The Found Cat Hotel Angels be Your Guides!!
:cool::cool:;):love:

Abby&Buddy'sMom
10-03-2010, 01:33 PM
is it too late for 2 more to join in ? Abby & Buddy both said it has been a long time since they have had a vacation, and they both promised that they would be on there absolute bestest behavior too.
Buddy also said he would make sure that they too were home by Halloween , as he knows we also try to keep Abby away from windows and such till afterwards.

momcat
10-03-2010, 02:39 PM
is it too late for 2 more to join in ? Abby & Buddy both said it has been a long time since they have had a vacation, and they both promised that they would be on there absolute bestest behavior too.
Buddy also said he would make sure that they too were home by Halloween , as he knows we also try to keep Abby away from windows and such till afterwards.

Hi Abby and Buddy, of course it's not too late! I'm so happy to hear that you'll be coming. I'll call Pinot on her cell phone so your transportation can be arranged. Be sure to check in here for updates. Also, make sure that we have your cell phone numbers.

Another update, while the kitty ladies go shopping with the penguin ladies we guys are going fishing with the penguin guys from one of the old ships.

The PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet has been practicing non stop, this is going to be a real treat! Does anyone need sunglasses? Let me know if you do.

Your friend,
Groucho

cassiesmom
10-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Cassie would like to know if Mr. Spunky and Lady Jane Grey may join the Catmobile trip. Cassie's coat is not quite as sleek and shiny as Lady Jane's but we will work on it before the trip. She and I think they would be great additions to our group.

Cassie is so excited to be traveling with teh Catmobile again! She is counting the days! I trimmed her claws last night - her pre-travel pedicure. We would like to know if I should send Chicago pizza again with the kitties or if there is something else they would rather have. She is also looking forward to seeing Angel, Chip and Chuck meet the penguins :).

momcat
10-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Of course they can come! Cassie, you know we're a friendly crew and new friends are always welcome! Be sure to tell them to bring their sunglasses. Do they need help with transportation? Be sure to call Pinot on her cell phone so she can map things out.

Chicago pizza!!! Thank you very much, Miss Elyse! Everybody enjoys it so much it has become a Catmobile staple. When we come for Cassie would you direct us to the cheesecake store? That stuff is awesome!

Pinot, how are you coming along with the maps? Do you need any help?

Your friend,Groucho

PS: Don't worry about your coat, Cassie. You always look wonderful!

Pinot's Mom
10-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Hello Groucho and all kitties! I am doing just fine, this trip is rather an easy one, with my maps and the new GPS! :) I'll get a final tally before the trip, figure out who needs to be picked up where, and we'll be on our way. We should leave on the 20th so we're all settled in by the weekend festivities. See you soon everyone! :)

Purrs, Pinot

astrid
10-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Hello, hello!
Pinot, sweetheart, since you're making your schedule please take note that I'll be arriving at O'Hare Airport..
Oh, and I'm gonna prepare my fabulous Tuna Pate for you all to taste ;)

See you soon!
Sophie

katladyd
10-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Mac and Ming can meet Sophie at O'Hare and go from there. They cannot wait to see everyone again!:D

dehlers43
10-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Chels wants to go with Matt and Ming to pick up her BFFF Sofie....is that OK?

katladyd
10-06-2010, 12:55 PM
The boys love that idea, especially Ming. I hope Chels doesn't mind it being a little crowded, those darn bagpipes take up so much space! Why, oh why, didn't he take up the flute?:rolleyes:

cassiesmom
10-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Mac, Ming and Chelsea Pearl can rendezvous at our house before they go to pick up Sophie at O'Hare :D

astrid
10-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Chels wants to go with Matt and Ming to pick up her BFFF Sofie....is that OK?

Thanks girlfriend! Maybe the four of us can have lunch together since I'll be arriving at noon... We have so much to catch up!
Can't wait to see you!

Sophie

katladyd
10-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Hey, Cassie!
We would love to do lunch. And please, it is on us!
Sincerely,
MacGyver A. Kat
Ming R. Meezer

Pinot's Mom
10-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Has anyone found Merlin?

...and, by the way, I like to do lunch, too!

Purrs, Pinot

momoffuzzyfaces
10-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Please, please, please don't forget my three!!! They have been on a rip snorting tear lately. I need a break. :D :eek::love:

katladyd
10-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Cassie, where would be some good places to go and get lunch? We've heard of a place called Morton's in Chicago. Plus, we hear you have some crazy pizza there! :D Let us know!

momcat
10-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Please, please, please don't forget my three!!! They have been on a rip snorting tear lately. I need a break. :D :eek::love:

Hi Miss Momoffuzzy faces,
Don't worry about a thing. Angel, Chip, and Chuck are already on our pick up list. Plus, they're always on their ultra best behavior on our trips. Between cheering for Austin B at the cat show and our action filled day at Mystic Seaport they probably will sleep for days when they get home. We older kitties will keep a close watch on them and be sure they stay very active and perfectly safe.

Your friend,
Groucho

momoffuzzyfaces
10-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Hi Miss Momoffuzzy faces,
Don't worry about a thing. Angel, Chip, and Chuck are already on our pick up list. Plus, they're always on their ultra best behavior on our trips. Between cheering for Austin B at the cat show and our action filled day at Mystic Seaport they probably will sleep for days when they get home. We older kitties will keep a close watch on them and be sure they stay very active and perfectly safe.

Your friend,
Groucho

Thank you Groucho!!! I fear you all will have your paws full with Chip and Chuck at least. Angel is really good since her birthday party but she does have her moments. I'm sure when she gets with her friends, she will be too busy having fun to get into trouble but those boys. :rolleyes: :D:love:

momcat
10-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Has anyone seen or heard from Merlin? Does anyone know where he is? Merlin, if you see this, post in or call me on my cell phone.

cassiesmom
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Thank you Groucho!!! I fear you all will have your paws full with Chip and Chuck at least. Angel is really good since her birthday party but she does have her moments. I'm sure when she gets with her friends, she will be too busy having fun to get into trouble but those boys. :rolleyes: :D:love:

Cassie understands that part of her responsibility on this trip is to su-purr-vise the young'uns. We always want the Catmobile and its occupants to be invited back to the places they go! She is looking forward to rooting for Austin B. and to visiting Mystic Seaport.

As far as lunch ... we can't afford Morton's but we know you will have a wonderful time there! She'll go pick up the cheesecakes while you're at lunch.

phesina
10-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Sparkler says Merlin is just fine and will be in attendance along with her. But she isn't saying where he is now.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Cassie understands that part of her responsibility on this trip is to su-purr-vise the young'uns. We always want the Catmobile and its occupants to be invited back to the places they go! She is looking forward to rooting for Austin B. and to visiting Mystic Seaport.

As far as lunch ... we can't afford Morton's but we know you will have a wonderful time there! She'll go pick up the cheesecakes while you're at lunch.

The boys have been put on notice that if I hear of ANY misbehaviour on their part, it will be their last catmobile trip until they are a year old. :eek:
I think that should help keep them calm. :D:love:

katladyd
10-11-2010, 06:04 PM

Cassie,don't worry about lunch. The boys have been saving their money and lunch is on them! They wanted to pay back everyone for all the good times they have had on the Catmobile!

astrid
10-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Gosh, we're gonna have so much fun!!! I can't wait to get there and meet you all!!!

Sophie

Killearn Kitties
10-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi Groucho,

Is it OK if we fly straight to you and pick up the catmobile from there? It worked so well the last time. We can get a great deal on flights arriving early morning on the 20th. Will that be time enough?

We have loads of haggis and smoked salmon packed in the fridge in readiness.

We are so excited about Austin B's show, and can't wait to hear how the pipers have progressed since last time.

Loads of love,
Samantha and Jessica xx

Pinot's Mom
10-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Cassie,don't worry about lunch. The boys have been saving their money and lunch is on them! They wanted to pay back everyone for all the good times they have had on the Catmobile!

How sweet! I am so there! :D

Pinot

momcat
10-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi Jessica and Samantha!
It's great to hear from you and I'm so happy to know you'll be joining us to cheer for our friend Austin B. After the cat show we'll be visiting the Mystic Aquarium, Mystic Seaport, and we'll be going to the Mystc Planetarium as the guests of the penguins. The lady penguins will take all the kitty ladies to the best spots for shopping while we kitty guys go fishing with the penguin guys.

Your travel plans will work out fine, Pinot is already mapping you in. See you next week!

Your friend,
Groucho

PS: Don't forget your sunglasses!

moosmom
10-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Austin B's training is going really well. I am SOOO excited and can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Catmom,

I've got it written down on my calendar that your train arrives in Hartford at 9:20 a.m. It's cutting it close, but at least the Expo Center isn't that far from the train station.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-15-2010, 12:27 PM
When should me three be ready? They have been packed for ever!!! :D

momcat
10-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Hi fellow kitties,
I know it seems like a long time but the Catmobile will be at my place on Tuesady. Soncat will help me load it up while Meowmie and my lovely Inka do some last minute snack shopping. The fried chicken, crab legs, and shrimp are ordered and will be delivered sometime on Tuesday. We're heading out very early Wednesday morning before Meowmie gets up for work. Make absolutely sure you have your sunglasses!

Pinot, is there anything you'd like to add?

Your friend,
Groucho

Edwina's Secretary
10-15-2010, 10:02 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/th_sunglassesEdwina.jpg?t=1287198138

catmandu
10-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi Everyone!!!
Our Dad bought 288 Cans of Pro Plan on a Buy One Get One Free at Pet Max in Hamilton!!!
We have sent a small van to pick up all those Cans and they will be available for a Huge Picnic!!!!
Come One ,Come All, there Food For All!!!!

moosmom
10-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Butchie is doing great with his stance!!! I pick him hup, toss him in the air and then he comes to rest in my hands!! This cat is a shoe in!!!!

One thing I've learned in all my years of showing my cats is, a cat with Butchie's laxidazical (sp?) attitude does very well. That's the kind of cats they look for. They are perky, want to play, etc. You can do basically anything and it doesn't phase them. He's a shoe in, I tell ya!!!

Plus he's got a great support group with all his PT friends fur and non-fur. Love you guys!!!

Pinot's Mom
10-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Whew - sorry I've been incommunicado, kitties, but things were very busy here and my assistance was needed. It's all settled now, and I can concentrate on the trip. Good thing!

The Catmobile will indeed hit the road Wednesday to pick up all who have checked in with their plans. We will be well stocked and ready to support our buddy Austin B.:) Let's go kitties!

Purrs, Pinot

momoffuzzyfaces
10-17-2010, 06:24 PM
My three are all ready to go. They will be watching from the window, sunglasses on, ready for adventure!!! ;) :love:

momcat
10-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi fellow kitties,
As our trip gets closer, I just thought of something. Does anyone have a digital camera they would be willing to bring? It would be great if we could get some nice pictures of Austin B getting all those blue ribbons. Plus, the PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet needs a picture of them in their kilts, sunglasses and bagpipes for their CD.

Can anyone be our official photographer?

Your friend,
Groucho

katladyd
10-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Momcat, I just bought a new digital camera a few weeks ago. I've been taking a lot of pictures of both my cats and my boyfriend's cats with it. I will let the boys take it with them if they promise to take good care of it. It is very small, so little paws should have no trouble using it. It has all the amenities, flash, zoom, etc... I would love some pics of Butchie when he gets his ribbon!:)

cassiesmom
10-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Dear Groucho and Pinot,

Will there be enough time to help the IGs and still make it for Austin B.'s show?

Worried mews,
Cassie

Pinot's Mom
10-18-2010, 07:17 AM
Dear Groucho and Pinot,

Will there be enough time to help the IGs and still make it for Austin B.'s show?

Worried mews,
Cassie

Cassie, we have that handled, honey! That's one of the things I had to attend to this weekend. Groucho and I had some conference calls to attend to. Groucho has it all well in hand. Thanks for checking, though!

Purrs, Pinot

momoffuzzyfaces
10-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Catmobile kitties please Help us!!! Come get us asap!!! Mommy says we are just one whisker away from getting grounded!!! Just because three slat thingys in the middles of one of the kitchen window blinds broke clean into when we ran and jumped on them!!! How were we to know that would happen? They usually just bend. They are such fun to ride on!!!
Help us please!!!!
chip and chuck (mommy knows it was us because Angel and da others were in another room.) sigh :love:

momcat
10-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Oh Chip and Chuck, What have you done now? We leave in two more days! You behave so nicely on our trips and never cause us any trouble plus the Catmobile is always purrfectly intact when we get home. Come on now guys, please be good for your Meowmie! We certainly don't want any last minute absentees at this late date.

Your friend,
Groucho

astrid
10-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Chip and Chuck:
C'mon guys!! Tell mommy you're sorry and behave, it's only 2 more days!! You don't want to get grounded and miss all the fun, and we don't want to miss you, please be nice!

-----------
Dear Ms. Momoffuzzyfaces:
Please forgive Chip and Chuck, I'm sure they didn't mean to cause any harm. If you let them go on the catmobile trip with us I raise my paw and promise I'll keep a good eye on them, besides Chels and Cassie will be there too and we'll be watching them... please!!

Sincerely,
Sophie

momoffuzzyfaces
10-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Chip and Chuck:
C'mon guys!! Tell mommy you're sorry and behave, it's only 2 more days!! You don't want to get grounded and miss all the fun, and we don't want to miss you, please be nice!

-----------
Dear Ms. Momoffuzzyfaces:
Please forgive Chip and Chuck, I'm sure they didn't mean to cause any harm. If you let them go on the catmobile trip with us I raise my paw and promise I'll keep a good eye on them, besides Chels and Cassie will be there too and we'll be watching them... please!!

Sincerely,
Sophie
Well, between all of you and Angel, I hope you will be able to keep these little ones under control. I want you all to be able to enjoy your trip without having to bother with them.

Chip about scared the socks off me a bit ago. When I came in from getting the mail, I couldn't find him. Then I heard a scratching at my front screen door. When I opened the door there he was squashed between the door and storm door. We were so lucky because the storm door has not been latching tightly because of the humidity we've been having here. I am so glad it didn't open and he get out side. See what you will have to deal with? :D :love:

momcat
10-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Okay fellow kitties...the Catmobile has arrived! I just got a call from our Chicago crew, their Amtrak train will be in Trenton around 6:00pm. We'll pick them up and they'll stay at my place tonight. Inka can't wait to see her gal pals and we guys will watch the ball game with Soncat.

We leave very early tomorrow morning so charge your cell phones and be sure they're on. We'll call you when we get to your neighborhood so nobody has to be outside in the rain or cold. Get a good night's sleep!

Your friend,
Groucho

moosmom
10-19-2010, 04:07 PM
I'll have my digital camera ready with spare batteries. I'll also have my phone with my camera, so I can also send pictures to people's cellphones.

Gearing up!!!

Pinot's Mom
10-19-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm all set - route is in place - I'll meet the Catmobile in the wee hours! See you all soon!

Your copilot - Pinot:)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-19-2010, 06:44 PM
My three are already tucked into bed. Less chance of them getting grounded at the last second that way!!! They are beyond excited to be seeing all their Catmobile friends again plus horsies and penguins!!! :D Yes, they have their :cool: packed too! :love::love:

moosmom
10-19-2010, 08:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhaRkWfaq10&feature=player_embedded#!

"Okay, everyone seatbelted in??" *starts singing* "On the road again, I can't wait to veer off the road again!!"

Whose driving?? "Will someone PLEASE change the channel???" "THAT'S better!!"

CONNECTICUT OR BUST!!!!

Pinot's Mom
10-19-2010, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhaRkWfaq10&feature=player_embedded#!

"Okay, everyone seatbelted in??" *starts singing* "On the road again, I can't wait to veer off the road again!!"

Whose driving?? "Will someone PLEASE change the channel???"

We have an experienced driver and copilot, don't worry! :)

momcat
10-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi fellow purrents,
I just got a text from Groucho. The Catmobile contingent is on their way. All the kitties are snacking and catching up on the latest gossip. They made a quick stop at Quakerbridge Mall to get designer sunglasses for Austin B. He said Sophie, Cassie, Sparkler, the Killearn lassies, and Chels are practicing their cheerleading for Austin B's cat show debut. Everyone was quite impressed with Franklin's performance of "Stairway to Heaven" on his bagpipes. Angel is thrilled to see her kitty gal pals and Chip & Chuck have been purrfect angels. Some of the kitties are waiting to catch the baseball playoffs on the hi-def tv and making friendly bets on which teams will win their divisions.

All is well, everyone is having a great time, and there's plenty of food. Please post in if you hear from your traveler?

katladyd
10-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Some of the kitties are waiting to catch the baseball playoffs on the hi-def tv and making friendly bets on which teams will win their divisions.

All is well, everyone is having a great time, and there's plenty of food. Please post in if you hear from your traveler?

That explains Mac texting me for some extra money. Do not let him get himself in trouble with his betting! He knows NOTHING about baseball!
Football's his game.

dehlers43
10-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Sigh......it is soooo quiet here without Franklin and The Princess.....I even miss the bagpipes....:D
Chelsea has a tiny little surprise.....she wanted to make the girls feel like royalty so she bought each one of them a cute little tiara.....she thought they would go well with the sunglasses......:love:

katladyd
10-20-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't miss the bagpipes. Not one little bit.:D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-20-2010, 01:53 PM
I did get a quick call from my three. It was hard to understand them because they were all giggling so hard. I did catch, "we left, pressie on kitchen stove."

So I went and looked. There was Chips favorite catnip mousie laying on the stove. Somehow, I think he will want it back when they get home. :D :love:

moosmom
10-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Awright, who snuck the contraband in? All catnip is to be handed over and "doled" out as needed. You guys! Am I gonna have to call your Meowmies???

katladyd
10-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Oh great, bagpipes, sunglasses, tiaras, and now nip. Oh, the kittehs will be having a good time, I'm sure!

Pinot's Mom
10-20-2010, 04:53 PM
"MEOWMIE! I gotz a emerald tiara dat goes wit my eyes!! Can I hab some emerald glasses now? Thanks, Chels! Luv, Pinot"

I have one question - what has happened to the copilot? It MUST be catnip!

moosmom
10-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Sing every body now..."My life is SO bright, I gotta wear SHADES!!!!"
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/deploss/unknown2.jpg?t=1287656666

"Would you get the bagpipers outta the bathroom??? The bagpipes will NOT fit!!! And no you can't practice!! Anybody got assprin?????"

Pinot's Mom
10-21-2010, 08:13 PM
MOM!! Thoz iz my sunglasses! Why on dat white kitty?! She haz no Emerald Tiara!:rolleyes:

moosmom
10-22-2010, 07:42 AM
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/deploss/unknown2.jpg?t=1287656666

HA HA HA HA HA, I hab sumglasses and you don't!!!!!! *blowing a raspberry*:p

momcat
10-22-2010, 02:55 PM
MOM!! Thoz iz my sunglasses! Why on dat white kitty?! She haz no Emerald Tiara!:rolleyes:

Oh Pinot, don't worry about a thing sweetie. That white kitty is only a model showing how beautiful those sunglasses are. She's reminding your purrents how much you need them to go with your emerald tiara. :love:

moosmom
10-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Just got back from setting up Butchie's "digs" for the weekend. The icing on the cake is RB MooShoo's picture on top of the cage for luck.

We're all set and ready to go!! All we gotta do now is meet the travel bus and auntie Eileen (catmom) up at the train station and get back for Butchie's first ring!!! The Kitty Bagpipe Band and the cheerleaders need to be ready to go 10 am sharp near the entrance of the cat show!!! Butchie's "crib" is to the far left against the wall.

Killearn Kitties
10-22-2010, 04:46 PM
My girls took two alarm clocks with them, Donna! They will have they whole catmobile crew up in plenty of time for Butchie!

Good luck sweetie!

moosmom
10-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks KK. Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!!!

momcat
10-22-2010, 07:11 PM
I just talked to Groucho and Cassie. Our kitties arrived in Hartford late last night safe and sound. They all are so excited about tomorrow's events! Sophie and the cheeleaders were practicing their cheers and moves most of the day. After a short break, the cheerleaders will join up with the PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet to be sure both teams are purrfectly coordinated. This will be quite a spectacle!

Cassie said they're looking forward to having Austin B join them with all his blue ribbons for their stop in Mystic Seaport. Chip and Chuck are in awe of everything and are on their best behavior.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-23-2010, 12:22 PM
I am so glad to hear my scamps Chip and Chuck are being good! I knew Angel would be but those two??? Good to hear they are enjoying themselves. :love:

moosmom
10-23-2010, 06:25 PM
I collect all the contriband on the tour bus...Momcat buys a huge bag of the stuff at the cat show. I DO hope you guys have adesignated driver. Driving while impaired is NOT COOL!!!!

Edwina's Secretary
10-23-2010, 08:19 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_3215.jpg?t=1287883142

dehlers43
10-24-2010, 12:57 AM
I haven't heard a peep (or a meow) from Franklin and Chelsea....has anyone heard from the kids?

momcat
10-24-2010, 05:41 PM
I DO hope you guys have adesignated driver. Driving while impaired is NOT COOL!!!!

Nothing to fear, the very careful Catmobile driver drinks nothing stronger than root beer and being a hoomin the nip is not an issue. He loves our kitties so much that he'd never put them at risk.

I called Groucho's cell phone a short while ago and Sophie answered. She said the girl kitties just got back from shopping and were comparing their new treasures. Sophie said there were so many vendors at the Cat Show they didn't know where to start.

She also said Chip and Chuck were having a blast helping the guy kitties wash the Catmobile before heading to Mystic Seaport first thing in the morning.

I did ask Sophie to remind everyone to check in with their purrents.

astrid
10-24-2010, 10:38 PM
I haven't heard a peep (or a meow) from Franklin and Chelsea....has anyone heard from the kids?

She's fine, don't worry... we girls went shopping and got the most fabulous things ever... Chels got a gorgeous collar with rubies and a boa. Then we went for some sushi. I'll tell Frank or Chels to call you or text you or something...

Chip and Chuck went to bed early, they were playing with the water hose and were very tired!

Gotta go now cause we have to get up very early tomorrow.

Purrs,
Sophie

katladyd
10-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Just got a text from Ming: "Havin' a ball. Butchie's meowmie duznot like bagpipes played loud. I played real good, tho. Cheerleaders wur awesome! You ought to see Chels' sumglasses and tiara! Bye!"

Pinot's Mom
10-25-2010, 07:47 AM
"Hi Mom, going to Seaport to see the fishies and stuff, lots of shopping, Austin B did real well, what was that restaurant you wanted me to look for? Everyone's being real good. See you soon - Love, Pinot"

dehlers43
10-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Sheesh...all I got from my two was:
Fun fun fun!

momcat
10-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Groucho called to say they arrived at Mystic Seaport this morning. When he called, the Aquarium wasn't open yet so they went back in the Catmobile to watch tv. Austin B is making friends with everyone and loves the Catmobile. While they were shopping, Chels and Sophie got Austin B a soft warm fleece to match his sunglasses. He is in kitty heaven!

MoFF, Groucho also told me the older guy kitties are going to have a private talk with Chip and Chuck about their antics at home. The older kitty guys intend to let them know how lucky they are to have such a wonderful home and try to get them to modify their behavior to a more acceptable level. They'll tell them it's okay to do kitten stuff but it's not okay to make Meowmie crazy or use the window blinds as a jungle gym.

The Cheerleaders were outstanding and were a real hit. Some of the other kitties from the show now want their own cheerleaders too. Our PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet really wowed the crowd, even the dogs! They each played a solo on their bagpipes and were wonderful. Bagpipes are not easy but our Quartet didn't miss a note. After their grand entrance and performance, many of the girl kitties asked them about their tartans and how they could get one too.

By the way, the older kitty guys are not enjoying their catnip cigars around the little ones.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-25-2010, 12:44 PM
MoFF, Groucho also told me the older guy kitties are going to have a private talk with Chip and Chuck about their antics at home. The older kitty guys intend to let them know how lucky they are to have such a wonderful home and try to get them to modify their behavior to a more acceptable level. They'll tell them it's okay to do kitten stuff but it's not okay to make Meowmie crazy or use the window blinds as a jungle gym.

Please tell Grouch to thank them for me!!! Those scamps can really be a handful at times.

They did send me a picture of Angel Rose wearing her new tiara and a rose hoodie they found when they went shopping. She looks so lovely!!! :love:
There was a quick note from Chip asking if his favorite toy mousie was ok. Sounds like they are having a wonderful time. :D :love:

cassiesmom
10-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Text from Cassie...

Hi Meowm
Connecticut iz very beautiful
I see autumn leaves
And you doezn't, ha haa
Lubz, Cassie

Pinot's Mom
10-27-2010, 09:58 AM
From the Catberry Mobile...
"Hi Mom, we played with the fishies, went on a "Nautical Nightmares" tour (some of the wee ones got a bit scared!), did a private tour of the Tall Ship Charles W.Morgan, went shopping a lot, ate at Mystic Pizza (you know how I am about cheese!), I showed the kitties where your old house is, we cheered on Austin B (who did really well), the bagpipers played, Auntie Donna and Auntie Eileen were real nice, but I saw your text that it's time to come home. I know, I know, it's almost that day when all kitties have to stay inside and be safe. I can't wait to show you everything. The Catmobile will sail tomorrow. See you soon!! :love: Pinot"

katladyd
10-27-2010, 12:29 PM
My guys have only mentioned how fun Austin is to be around and how much they like him, they never told me exactly how he did at the show. Does anyone know? :confused:

cassiesmom
10-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Text from Cassie:

Okay Meowm
I know you told me to get my tail on home
But Iz having fun with my kitteh frens
Home soon
Lubz, Cassie

I'm sure she'll be home in the next couple of days.

momcat
10-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Groucho called a while ago. He and Inka had a great time but are beyond tired.

Abby joined Sophie, Sparkler, Chels, Angel, and Samantha on the cheerleading squad. They were really excited when Abby taught them a great new move.

Buddy, Poppy, Elmer, Groucho, and Mac took Chip and Chuck to a quiet spot at the Seaport and had a stern talk with them about behaving themselves at home. They explained that being a kitten is a lot of fun with new things to find every day. But not everything is there to play with. The kitty guys told them how lucky they are to have a loving furever home with a wonderful Meowmie who loves and cares for them. Chip and Chuck were strongly advised to show Meowmie how much they appreciate her by being good boys at home.

Abby and the cheerleaders are snacking out and gossiping about all of those good looking kitty guys at the cat show. Apparently there was some big time flirting going on.

A couple of their new penguin pals are over with Ming and Franklin watching them clean and pack up their bagpipes. The penguins never saw or heard bagpipes before and they want to know all about them. Sydney and Bob are setting up the state-of-the-art stereo speakers for the farewell party with the rest of the penguins. A big surprise is coming; the girl kitties went shopping this afternoon and got sunglasses for all of their penguin pals.

I have a question for my fellow purrents: Have you ever tried to explain the Catmobile trips to someone that never heard about it? Explain that all of our kitties have their own cell phones and some even have their own credit cards? One morning I tried to explain it to our assistant director (who is also owned by a cat). I think she considered doing a referral to employee assistance.

dehlers43
10-27-2010, 11:39 PM
I don't even try to explain....I already have a rep for being a bit on the crazy side...Catmobile discussions with non-Pet Talkers would probably end with me in the looney bin....:D

katladyd
10-28-2010, 01:13 AM
As the kittehs say, "What happens in the Catmobile stays in the Catmobile". It's just better that way.:D

Pinot's Mom
10-28-2010, 10:15 AM
I got permission from Austin B's Mom to post his results: "He did great for his first time. He won 3 second best; 2 fifth best; 1 sixth; 1 eighth place; 1 ninth place.":)

Not bad for a first timer! :)

katladyd
10-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Way to go, Austin!!! You have made us proud!:)

phesina
10-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Well done, Austin B! YOU ROCK!!!!!

momcat
10-31-2010, 03:18 PM
By now all of our kitty trekkers should be home and resting up from their latest adventure. Groucho said they're all so proud of Austin B and how well he did in the cat show. Everyone had a blast at Mystic Seaport. The aquarium was loads of fun with so many different kinds of fishies to meet and greet. Chip and Chuck got a little scared when the dolphins jumped out of the water during their show but Cassie, Pinot, Angel, and Ming assured them there was nothing to be afraid of. The penguins were wonderful hosts and their farewell party lasted into the wee hours with lots of food, dancing, and friendly conversation. Many cell phone numbers were exchanged.

The Ace Kitty Legal Team will be heading to Wyoming first thing in the morning. Groucho is on his cell phone now contacting the team to make final arrangements.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Sadly, Chip and Chuck did not take the advise of the kitty boys. Today they broke the lock on one of my kitchen windows then a little ceramic vase I had. :( We will have to think long and hard about them going on any further adventures for a while. :love:

dehlers43
10-31-2010, 07:03 PM
The Princess was so enamored by the penguins she has been trying to convince Franklin to dye his gray fur black so he can be black and white like her new friends....:rolleyes:
Franklin was pretty much on Cloud Nine when he came home - this was his first Catmobile trip and evidently it was a doozy! He keeps checking his phone for text messages......:love:
He also tells me to ask if anyone has any song requests for the bagpipe band. "Stairway to Heaven" was a surprisingly big hit so he's anxious to get practicing on a new piece.
Chelsea loves the band but isn't so keen on the practice phase.....;)
They are sort of hoping the Catmobile will head out this way sometime. Their Uncle Eddie has a sailboat and said he would take the crew out sightseeing around the Monterey Bay - he knows where all the sea otters hang out and where to find the freshest seafood. Then all the kitties could head north to San Francisco. I'm sure they could find plenty to do there!
Hey maybe they could get a gig at the Fillmore!

katladyd
10-31-2010, 08:36 PM
OH, San Francisco is just up the coast a few hundred miles from us! It is one of my favorite cities in the world! Fisherman's Wharf should be a big hit with the kitties! They have the best fish and chowders there! There is fantastic Chinese food in Chinatown as well! The Monterey Bay Aquarim would be a good trip, also!:)