PDA

View Full Version : Poked in the eye

Marigold2
09-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Yesterday was a lovely day here. I spent all day outside doing yard work, rearranging and cleaning the flower beds for fall, planting some mums.
I bought a lovely Tiger Rose Japanese Maple and hubby helped me plant it out front in the flower beds.
I was bending down to dead head some statis and got poked in the eye by some red hot poker leaf. It is very spikey.
I felt in poke into my eye. :eek::eek::eek:
I screamed a bit and ran inside thinking my eye would be bleeding but it wasn't.
It hurt so bad, like getting poked by a needle. Hubby looked at it and could not see anything amiss. I told him I was perfoming self lasik. LOL
Called my boss who advised me to go to the office and get a certain drop which I did. Use twice a day. I put it in and it burned like fire.
My boss was so sweet he called me right back which was great. I would have hated to go to the ED for the day.
I kept working but my eye really pained me after 8pm so I went to bed and just laid there with my eye shut. It feels better today.
Modern medicine is such a miracle.

moosmom
09-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Marigold2,

Ouch!! I hope you feel better!! I know exactly what kind of "thorns" you're speaking of. I got stuck in the arm by one years ago and it hurt (and burned) like hell!! I can only imagine how your eye felt.

wombat2u2004
09-19-2010, 12:52 PM
You're lucky it never went into your eye and then out of your ear....that would have REALLY hurt :D
Be more careful Mon Mon !!!! ;)

chocolatepuppy
09-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Ouch!!!:eek:

phesina
09-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Yeee.. ouchies! Glad there was no serious injury. Be all better soon, Marigold!

Bonny
09-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Hope your eye feels better Marigold. You will have to wear those protective weed whacker glasses outside after this when you weed the flower beds. Would a warm wash cloth laying over you eye be of any help? That is what I usually do when I get something in my eye or scratch it.

wombat2u2004
09-19-2010, 11:13 PM
I had something similar happen to me years ago...a splinter of wood flew off my saw and grazed my eye.....very painful.
The doctor said I had scratched the surface of my eye........it took about 2 weeks to heal.

sana
09-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Once I had a paper cut in my eye,:p I was I think 12 by then. And it took a few days to heal (Thank God) :) Now my eye's as good as it was before, I can't say as good as new because then I wouldn't be wearing spectacles. ;)

sana
09-20-2010, 05:58 AM
Once I had a paper cut in my eye,:p I was I think 12 by then. And it took a few days to heal (Thank God) :) Now my eye's as good as it was before, I can't say as good as new because then I wouldn't be wearing spectacles. ;)
Sorry to hear you hurt your eye, I hope it feels great and perfect as soon as possible and it heals swiftly and painlessly. :)

Marigold2
09-20-2010, 06:47 PM
The Doc checked my eye today and said it was good. The cake I baked went over well too.
An eye being scratched or poked is indeed painful. We see a lot of welders with metal in their eye. I always feel so bad for them.
Just an FYI to all that if you do have an eye injury and it is during regular business hours don't waste your time going to your GP or the ED they will just sent you to the ophthalmolgist anyway.
That goes for pink eye, eye infections, herpes, shingles they all come to us after seeing the GP.
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Wom I told everyone your joke about the plant going in my eye and coming out my ear. Apperently you are funny outside of PT as well.:p