PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Lady Kiri- now with pictures at #18/19

Barbara
09-18-2010, 10:59 AM
So sometimes things move quickly. A co-worker told me about a kitty rescue close to where I live and showed me a picture of a kitty- a cute little tabby which reminded me of the South East Asian kitties who remind me of Abys.
So I called and while that cat girl had already been adopted the lady said she just got another one in who looked just like her- and that she was rescued in Mallorca- which is a Spanish island in the Mediterranean- and that she was flewn in just yesterday with her mom who was rescued pregnant and her two siblings.
Mom is all white, Kiri is all tabby and her brother and sister are all black.

She looked healthy and - regarding what she had been through- rather happy.
So we just took her with us and went right to our vet. Trude checked her out and also found her very healthy looking. But in 2 days we'll do a little blood test because in the Southern countries kitties can be infected with giardia or other bacteria. She didn't want to take the blood today as she would prefer that Kiri relaxes a bit.

So Kiri now moved in the guest room as we will not get her together with Orion before we know she has a clean bill of health. She ate and she played like crazy- all good signs.
She only made one sound during all the time we drove her to the vet and home- and that was a very pure soprano sound- that's how she got her name after the NZ soprano Kiri Te Kanawa.

Isn't that all exciting? At the moment if you come into her room she dives under the bed so I won't bother her with pictures- but soon there will be some.

Killearn Kitties
09-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Well! Things certainly did move very fast there! I hope little Kiri - wonderful name :D - gets a completely clean bill of health.

I'm so excited! :D

phesina
09-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Ohhhhh.... how exciting and how nice!

Grace
09-18-2010, 12:17 PM
I can't wait to see, and hear, her.

The name is perfect - as I'm sure she is. Does Orion know she's on the premises?

momoffuzzyfaces
09-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Happy Dance in progress here for all of you!!! :D Can't wait to see her pictures!!! :love:

Prairie Purrs
09-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Oh, my, I have tears in my eyes! It's been almost exactly a year since I lost my Kiri, and what a wonderful thing to know that there's a new Pet Talk tabby with the same name! :love:

I'm sure my Kiri will keep a close watch from the Bridge over your new little girl. I hope her health checks out perfectly and she can start getting acquainted with her brother Orion very soon.

Scooter's Mom
09-18-2010, 01:58 PM
This is exciting, indeed! I am anxiously awaiting photos. :)

Bengalz
09-18-2010, 02:42 PM
This is wonderful news and I too can hardly wait to see your sweet little girl:D She sounds amazing and such a lovely name. Is Orion busy sniffing around and wondering about this new little furlady in his life;) I'm sure he is very curious and would dearly like to check her out.

These two little babies will certainly keep you fit:D

Congratulations and paws crossed for healthy results for Kiri.

Laura's Babies
09-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Another here can't wit to see pictures of her!

LOTS OF GOOD LUCK KIRI! in you new home and with a long healthy, happy life.

Vio&Juni
09-18-2010, 03:11 PM
That is SUPER!

I haven't been lately much on the PT, but tonight I said: I should check if Barbara found another kitty. Somehow, I knew.

We are waiting for pictures of Kiri :)

We are dog-sitting for our friends and Max is here for the second time. The cats got used to him the first week he was here in August and now it's almost normal. I am sure Orion is going to get used to the new kitty :)

catmandu
09-18-2010, 03:15 PM
We can hardlywait until we see the Photo of Our Newest Pet Talk Companion, we bet that Kiri is going to be such a Sweet Little Lady Cat!!!
Bless You Barbara for giving Kiri a Mew Furr Ever Home!!!!
We know Filou and Tigris are dancing and singing in happiness!!!

Barbara
09-18-2010, 03:22 PM
While Kiri was out and about this afternoon she retired behind the sofa later and hasn't come out. I just spent an hour in her room but didn't see anything. Of course after having travelled over from Mallorca (a 3 hr flight) , coming to her foster mom and the same day to us, going to see Trude and coming here she must be totally tired.
She ate and I hope she finds the litterbox tonight.
Orion didn't worry too much about the closed door. It is all very exciting but now I go to sleep.
Mallorca is a holiday island where a lot of Germans and Brits go. In all these places you will find lots and lots of stray kitties. I once saw a documentation on TV about a vet going over on her vacations and spending all the days in the TNR business. There are quite some rescue organizations taking care of all the strays.
I am glad to give a home to this little girl.

lizbud
09-18-2010, 04:47 PM
A new kitty and a new girl kitty at that.:love: Kiri sounds like a sweetie
and I am so happy for you. (for Orion too:) ) Do you know how old she is?
Doesn't really matter I guess, just helps me imagine her better.:)

katladyd
09-18-2010, 10:52 PM
I love Kiri Te Kanawa and I am sure your new precious kitty will be loved as well. I can't wait for pictures of your new princess!:)

Taz_Zoee
09-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Add me to the growing list of people waiting for pictures. :)

This is very exciting! I can't wait for pictures and to hear how Orion and her get along.

Welcome to a WONDERFUL home Kiri!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Congrats!!!:D I'm so excited for you.:) I love her name and I too can't wait to see her and hear more about her. Hopefully she'll start relaxing soon and her blood work will be fine. I also hope that she and Orion will become wonderful playmates and great friends. Good luck.:)

sasvermont
09-18-2010, 11:48 PM
Wow, kitten number two. You will have your hands full for sure.

I bet the two little ones will get along famously, just like your two boys did when they were little.

I can't wait for the pics. of the new little one!!!!

Kittens, kittens, kittens everywhere! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Barbara
09-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Kiri seems to have had a good night. She came out right away when I came with breakfast ;). Then she wanted to cuddle but went in play mode really soon. I spent 3 hrs with her today and have to make sure Orion gets enough attention.
The Kiri girl is playful playful playful. On all the pics she comes out rather big but she is tiny – 4 months old- and looking like a mini ozelot with wonderful spots. So if she was purebred she could be a Singapura.
She is wild in play but she purrs when you pet her and never uses her claws on you.
I think she will have her vet appointment Wednesday. Tuesday was the earliest option but Siegmar has a dentist appointment so it will be Wednesday.
Someone messed with her whiskers- I wonder whether it was her catmom. But they will gorw again.

Now enjoy the pics- although most are not very good:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=2910

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=2909

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=2913

>>>>more pics

Barbara
09-19-2010, 11:31 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=2912

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=2916

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=2915

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=2914

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=323&pictureid=2911

Taz_Zoee
09-19-2010, 11:36 AM
That was so worth the wait. :) I just love her markings. We have a kitten at ARF right now that has the spot markings like this. Just beautiful!!! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
09-19-2010, 12:01 PM
What a gorgeous girl!!! I wonder though, was there a zebra somewhere on her family tree? ;) :D Give her a cuddle from me when she will allow, please. :love:

sasvermont
09-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Barbara & Siegmar, what a beautiful girl you have there. I just love her markings. No white at all, on her body-beautiful. I love the spots on her belly. She does look big in the photos, but here isn't much to measure her against....compare to, in the photos. I shall wait for the photos of Orion and Kiri together. Maybe your Christmas card this year, will be of the two! How exciting.

Congratulations again, on the arrival of one new Kiri. She is a keeper, for sure.:love::love:

Vio&Juni
09-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Barbara, from your your explanation yesterday, I thought she might look a little like Juni with a longer face and it's exactly how I imagined.

Awww, she looks like a sweet little kitty :) I hope Orion makes friends with her soon!

Barbara
09-19-2010, 12:19 PM
The toy has the size of a golf ball- so that should help a little to see that she is a tiny girl :)

lizbud
09-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Tiki is very beautiful. I love her exotic markings.:love: She seems to have
the same wide-eyed baby look that Orion has.:) I hope they will get along
famously.

I also hope her mama & siblings will be as lucky as she in getting a great
family.:)

moosmom
09-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Her markings are gorgeous!!! Looks like she's got some Bengel in her!! Congrats on your new additionm!!!

Scooter's Mom
09-19-2010, 12:50 PM
She is beautiful!

Bengalz
09-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Kiri is just gorgeous! Her tabby markings are sensational - she will grow to be a beautiful lady cat:D Whatever her 'blend' she got the best of everything:D

Barbara, it is wonderful to hear and see that she is settling in so well and playful - can't get any better:love: I can't wait to see her with Orion - oh the joy of watching two baby cats play together. I hope they become cuddle buddies:love:

Congratulations again - your home is once again complete!

Catty1
09-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Gorgeous baby - I love her tummy spots! Does she like tummy rubs?

I hope she and Orion hit it off and are lifelong companions. :D:love:

Laura's Babies
09-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Her markings are absolutely gorgeous!! WOW! What a stunning girl she is, so unusual.. Gosh, you were so lucky to find her!

She does look big but I will wait until we see her next to something to get a better fix on her size.. She surrrrre is preeeety! :D

Randi
09-19-2010, 02:03 PM
What a sweet girl she is, and so beautiful! I love her markings!

Kiri will hopefully get a clean bill of health and then make friends with Orion - what fun that will be! :D

Kisses and scritches from me when she allows. ;)

krazyaboutkatz
09-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Wow!!! Kiri is gorgeous.:D I'm so glad she decided to come out and play. Now hopefully the introductions will go well when you introduce her to Orion. I think you might end up with 2 monkeys in your home.;)

phesina
09-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Oh, isn't she adorable!!!!!

katladyd
09-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Both of your babies are strikingly beautiful! Have fun with both of them and give them lots of loves!:love:

momcat
09-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi Kiri! Welcome to Pet Talk! What a beautiful kitty girl you are. You couldn't have found a better furever home, you're going to enjoy a life filled with love, care, and all the things a sweet kitty like you deserves. As you'll soon find out, PT kitties get only the very best of everything.

Hi Orion! Wow, you have a kitty sister to play and snuggle with now. As the big brother, it will be up to you to teach Kiri everything she needs to know about being a kitty. Especially those things we purrents don't know about.

Sending Orion and Kiri tons of scritchies and lovies :love: :love: :love: :love:

cassiesmom
09-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Awww, what a beautiful girl! Welcome, Kiri!

Sonia59
09-20-2010, 03:25 AM
Oh Barbara, congratulations!!!

She is a beauty. We are crossing fingers that the medical check up will be all right. I cant' wait to see Kiri and Orion interact.

Yesterday I visited a wonderful park with all kinds of endangered feline species from all over the world, and when I see the gorgeous markings of Kiri, it reminds me some of the wild cats markings! ;)

Killearn Kitties
09-20-2010, 03:37 AM
Oh would you look at that spotty tummy!! :love: How cute.

Kiri resembles some of the cats that my in-laws used to look after in Mallorca. They had friends who adopted many cats and dogs and looked after many more strays over the years.

smokey the elder
09-20-2010, 07:15 AM
What a pretty girl you are! I want to play connect-the-dots with all the spots on your belly!

Lilith Cherry
09-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Oh Kiri, you are so beautiful! I am sure you will be very happy indeed in your new home with Barbara!

Prairie Purrs
09-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Hello, lovely Kiri! It looks like you're settling in very well indeed.

Grace
09-20-2010, 11:10 AM
She is lovely - now I'm waiting to see the two of them playing with one another :)

Pinot's Mom
09-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Kiri is beautiful!! AND she's a world traveller! ;) Thank you for sharing her with us, I know she'll be a lovely companion for Orion! :)

Barbara
09-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Kiri girl says thank you:)
Today she said quite often that she wants to be out and join the fun. She definitely is a soprano. Orion has been sitting on one side of the door and she on the other.
She is very sweet- climbed my lap and pushed her little head in my armpit (when I came home from the office I may not have been 100% fresh but she seemed to like that :o).
We can't wait to let her out but first there is the vet appointment on wendesday- and then maybe a day or 2 until we get the results of the bloodwork.

catmandu
09-20-2010, 03:48 PM
I have a feeling with Orion and Kiri both being so young that socoalization should not take all that long!!!
And with Filou and Tigris as Referee Angels you have a Happy Dynamic Duo any day now!!!

Cataholic
09-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Omg! Kiri is beautiful! I can't wait to see Orion and Kiri sunning on the balconey' right after they tumble into 3 plants!

jenluckenbach
09-20-2010, 05:38 PM
SHe's PURR-fectly lovely!!!! :D:love::D Congratulations on becoming a 2 cat home again.

Vermontcat
09-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Congratulations on the cute new addition to your family!:D
Kiri is beautiful, I love her name.
I'm sure that Orion will love having a new kitty sister to play with.
I can't wait to see pictures of them playing together.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Awwww what a gorgeous little girl!!! :love::love::love:

I am not sure if I got this right: is she going to stay at your place Barbara??
And what happened to the pregnant cat?

Barbara
09-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Kiri is a keeper- and it was her mom who was rescued in Mallorca when she was pregnant, so Kiri and her brother and sister were not born as ferals but among humans. You can see that as Kiri is such a friendly little cuddlebug.
Her two siblings are still with the rescue organization and we hope they'll be adopted soon.

GILL
09-22-2010, 09:37 AM
I just want too snuggle that tummy. Looks like that a real sweet girl.

Randy_K
09-23-2010, 09:11 AM
How lovely is Kiri. She looks just like Bubbles mom, Sophie. The same markings!

Two young kitties. Yours will a busy home! I can predict two kitties racing around having fun.