PDA

View Full Version : Schmertt

kaycountrygal
09-18-2010, 08:44 AM
Schmertt, OH MY GOODNESS!! 26 years old!!! I should have said Senior Schmertt. I really didnt know that a turtle in a tank could live so long. You obviously have taken very good care of Schmertt over the years. What a sweet story. I hope both of you have many years left together. Thanks for sharing. Kay in NC

tatsxxx11
09-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Greetings and a VERY happy Pet of the Day to you, Schmertt the Turt!:D 26 years young???:eek: You look like a kid, Schmerrt!:D I can't tell you how much I enjoyed meeting you today, Schmertt; poring over your precious pics (with captions, hehe), reading your most entertaining bio.!:cool: A new tank, faucet baths, dining on melon and shrimp... Wow, what a life!:D And what a joy you have been to your wonderful family these many, many years! You may have been only a "nickle's worth" of turt that fateful day your family found you, but oh, the joy and fun, the love and laughter you've brought to their lives since then, priceless!:love: You're the best Schmertt, and your family, so very lucky to have such a unique, adorable best friend in you!!! Hope you're treated to a very special day of celebration, dining on melon and shrimp, yummy "sticks," being spoiled rotten!:D And here's to another happy 26 years with your fab family!:love::love::love: Love to you on your big day, precious Schmertt!

Pipkin
09-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Thank you! I am having a great day. Today I'm getting my tank cleaned! I love it when my people do that. And they do it a lot! I'm celebrating later with a yet to be disclosed treat. All the other pets are mearly my entourage today. They can stare at me through the glass and be good and jealous. I am so happy to be Pet of the Day!!!!!

Here's wishing you a great swim,
Schmertt

KentuckyJim
09-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Dear Friend,
How cool to have a turtle as today's pet! Your buddy Schmertt is quite the turtle with all his neat turtle ways. He's certainly not the common red-eared turtle folks usually see as pets, or I don't think he is. I have a book on all kinds of wildlife which I've had since I was about eight years old (I'm 59 now) and I couldn't find a turtle which looks exactly like Schmertt but some of the pictures are only drawings. I went online and searched for Florida turtles and his little turtle face strongly resembles a striped mud turtle. The name isn't quite glamorous but he's still a lot more handsome than a snapping turtle or something like that. I just have this curiosity about things and I wanted to see what kind of turtle Schmerrt might be, emphasis on "might".
I had a couple of turtles when I was little. I cried when the first one died. Later in my life, I was doing some sales calls in Hazard, Kentucky and saw a small box turtle in the road (so many get hit by cars but if I can safely stop, I always do and get them off into the brush. I even got a snapping turtle off the road; he repaid me by attempting to take the toe of my shoe off, lol). I put the turtle in a box I had in the car and took him to my home in Lexington. My back yard had a lot of day lilies and bushes, along with a fish pond, and I turned "Murphy" loose back there to eat slugs, which they adore. I didn't see him for two years after that, although I searched for him more than once. The next time I saw him, he was out in the street (I really should have left him in Hazard, safely off the road) and after rescuing him, I put him in my back yard again. That was the last time I saw Murphy. I've always had a heart for the box turtles, and most other turtles, too.
Well, I've carried on enough. I hope Schmertt continues to live his lazy, lovely turtle life with you for a long, long time, my friend. He obviously has a good home. May the Lord bless you for taking care of him all these years. That's so neat. :)
May the Lord bless you and your loved ones.
My love to all,
Jim Grayson
Lexington, Kentucky
U.S.A.

Pipkin
09-18-2010, 11:39 AM
WOW! What turtle lovers you all are. I think I am a Moss turtle. Not sure though. All I know is I'm handsome. HA HA! Going back to swimming now. Bye bye.

Schmertt

momoffuzzyfaces
09-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Schmertt you certainly are adorable!!!:love:

I loved seeing your wonderful pictures. That's quite a nice tank you have there. No wonder you look so happy! I swear, I see a smile on your sweet face. I hope you and your loving guardian are having a wonderfully fun day.

Congratulations, sweetie, on Being our Special Pet of the Day!!! :D :love:
(Welcome to Pet Talk to you and Pipkin too) :)

AvaJoy
09-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Happy POTD, darling Schmertt! I'd love to see you dancing around with a shrimp, and hope you get a few and a toothbrush bath to celebrate you cyber-star status. Congratulations and enjoy your new tank!:)

lizbud
09-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi Schmertt,

You sure are a handsome fellow & look like you have been well cared
for all these years. That makes me very happy. Congratulations on being
our amazing PET OF THE DAY. Wishing you continued long life & health.:love:

chocolatepuppy
09-18-2010, 07:54 PM
You're adorable Schmertt!!! :love:Twenty six years old! Wow! Congrats on being POTD!:D

annkim83
09-19-2010, 10:21 AM
I loved your story. So cute! Since you say you're 26, I wonder how old your owner was when you guys met?? It must be wonderful to have a pet for so long! You seem like a pretty tiny guy considering your age, bt neverthless very charming! Hope you had a wonderful day, and wish you a long happy life!

Pipkin
09-19-2010, 08:11 PM
WOW, what a cool question. The lady who found me gave me to her daughter the year she graduated from high school. My caretakers are very nice. Actually, they are like the Mom and Dad I never knew. I hope they live a long time!

Splash,
Schmertt

annkim83
09-20-2010, 01:55 AM
Wow, that's so cool! Who knows, maybe you'll be passed on to the next generation, too, if you live long and healthy! And turtles live a long time ;) I still wonder what kind of turt you are, so we'd know how big you'd finally get... hehehe.