PDA

View Full Version : Search & Rescue

orangemm
09-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Our neighbor lets his cats out (yes, we have lectured him) and they are pretty good hunters. This morning was no exception.

While I was sitting here something outside caught my eye; it was the male cat slinking across the lawn with something hanging from his mouth. I jumped up, ran out to the sunporch and told Jeff. We looked out the window and he was sitting outside with the unfortunate creature swinging from his jaws. All of a sudden we heard crying and realized it was coming from the prey. When we observed it more closely, we saw it was a baby rabbit!

Jeff ran outside and yelled at the Canada, who ran under a truck. He came out and started across the yard, but dropped the bunny. Jeff chased him away and picked up the tiny baby. Meanwhile I ran inside to get the neighbor's door key, which we have so we can let the cats in if they are outside. Meanwhile, Indy, the female, appeared. For some reason Canada gave up and went inside. Jeff tried to shuss Indy inside; finally he stood by the door and I picked her up and put her inside.

We took the bunny down the block where there is a lot of ground cover and underbrush; hopefully his momma will find him/her. Poor little thing was terrified! I am hoping he will find his way home. He was tiny, just sat in Jeff's hand.

Another reason why our cats should stay indoors!

Freedom
09-18-2010, 08:17 AM
GOOD JOB! You have earned the rest of the day OFF! :D

Aw, poor baby bunny. Hope he will make it.

catmandu
09-18-2010, 09:53 AM
I do not like Tubster Panther being out , but he has never laerned what the box full of litter is for and he loves life in the back yard too much to be an strictky indoor Cat.:cool::)
I knw he should be indoors, but he is a smart Old Cat, and has so far stayed in his back yard sanctuary , and has not been much of a hunter I hope:cool::cool:

Laura's Babies
09-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Awwww! A baby bunny rescue.... and Canada thought he had just found lunch!

orangemm
09-18-2010, 05:42 PM
You should have heard him crying. Poor little bunny.:(