PDA

View Full Version : Ikea herding cats

Killearn Kitties
09-17-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't know when this dates from, but hopefully it hasn't been posted before. The link is to a video about Ikea shooting an advert featuring a lot of cats, and also shows the final advert.

Ikea releases 100 cats inside Wembley store (http://laughingsquid.com/ikea-uk-releases-100-cats-inside-wembley-store/)

Trinityagain
09-17-2010, 03:10 PM
I just saw that yesterday! A co-worker came in to tell me about it. I loved it! Especially the last shot of the commercial as it looks like my Oatmeal!

Killearn Kitties
09-17-2010, 03:15 PM
I loved it! Especially the last shot of the commercial as it looks like my Oatmeal!
The pale ginger cat tucked up in bed? That is such a beautiful cat. :love:

Laura's Babies
09-17-2010, 03:37 PM
YAY! Kitties night out!! What a commercial!

moosmom
09-17-2010, 03:38 PM
I saw that on tv and was bowled over!!! What an opportunity to allow cats to roam free for the night!!! Hang out in the kitchen sink, on the bed, alot of places that they normally aren't allowed at home. Love it!!

neko1
09-17-2010, 03:47 PM
That was great, thanks for sharing!

Taz_Zoee
09-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Lots of snowshoe kitties and white ones. I loved the sphynx kitty up with the light bulbs. He found the warmest spot in the place. :D And the kitty at the end was just too adorable! :)

catmandu
09-17-2010, 04:24 PM
I have noticed that Ikea uses quite a lot of Cats and Dogs in their advertisements , to make their furniture look better.
That certainly is the case as the Cats and Dogs make every home look a lot better!!!!

phesina
09-17-2010, 04:41 PM
I gather ALL the cats got back home afterwards? That one that fell down behind the wall and they cut a hole at the base of it, did he/she get out?

I was a little worried about him/her, and I'm assuming everything was just fine. What a sweet commercial!

Catlady711
09-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Very cute.:)

But...

Am I the only paranoid kitty mamma that could see so many downsides of it?

All I could think of was how scared some of the cats must have been, that they could hurt themselves sticking their heads in things like the kitten did and possible get stuck, possibly breaking glass being around the dishes and lightbulbs and cut a paw, possibly chewing on a piece of fringe and ingesting it, and the damage to the furniture should a kitty decide to mark it, especially given the number of cats involved, were the kitties all tested for FELV/FIV/FIP before filming? :eek:

I'm probably an over worrier:rolleyes: but those thoughts went through my mind when I watched it.

3Catcondo
09-17-2010, 05:08 PM
How cool!!!! Love the action shots. I think they were all owned kitties so they were probably all healthy and utd on shots. :)

Vermontcat
09-17-2010, 05:12 PM
That looks like it was so much fun to make that commercial!
I loved all the Meezers in it especially the slow motion jumping one.
The cats just made themselves at home in the store.:)

Killearn Kitties
09-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Yes, Phesina, they got the kitty out of the wall. It jumped out!

It does seem quite risky to let 100 cats loose, but I assume that any owner would not take their cat to participate if they thought the cat wouldn't like it. There were plenty of people around to deal with problems too.

CatsMeow
09-17-2010, 05:29 PM
How sweet. The music was kinda "Sad" though. But the cats were cute.

It almost made me cry. Yes, it was that cute. :o

Taz_Zoee
09-17-2010, 05:48 PM

But...

All I could think of was how scared some of the cats must have been, that they could hurt themselves sticking their heads in things like the kitten did and possible get stuck, possibly breaking glass being around the dishes and lightbulbs and cut a paw, possibly chewing on a piece of fringe and ingesting it, and the damage to the furniture should a kitty decide to mark it, especially given the number of cats involved, were the kitties all tested for FELV/FIV/FIP before filming? :eek:

I'm probably an over worrier:rolleyes: but those thoughts went through my mind when I watched it.

You are not alone. I thought the exact same things.
I know I could NEVER have Paizly do something like that. Jax, on the other hand, would have a blast!
And the people were there the whole time. They did not leave the cats alone. They kept an eye on all kitties. That's how they knew one kitty was missing at one point (the one behind the wall, I believe). So they did head counts all the time and made sure they didn't get into trouble. :)

cassiesmom
09-17-2010, 07:39 PM
I saw that on tv and was bowled over!!! What an opportunity to allow cats to roam free for the night!!! Hang out in the kitchen sink, on the bed, alot of places that they normally aren't allowed at home. Love it!!

But...

I'm with catlady and taz-zoee --- I would be a worried meowmie if my kitty got loose in Ikea!

Moosmom! Did you notice the Sphynx at 0:42 with the light bulbs?

Look how they breeze right past the Poang armchairs at 0:25 ... I was thinking about buying one but now maybe I won't :eek:!

krazyaboutkatz
09-18-2010, 12:37 AM
I hadn't seen this before. Very cute.:)

AmberLee
09-18-2010, 01:20 AM
That was so cute. Thanks for sharing!

Barbara
09-18-2010, 04:14 AM
I would be scared as well- but it's 100 kitties in one big IKEA- and so I am sure whoever wanted to hide in a sofa found one. It looks as if the owners of the kitties were there.
And I know that Orion would find it a nice mix between stress and excitement ;)

moosmom
09-18-2010, 07:38 AM
Cassiesmom,

Did I notice the Sphynx with the light bulbs??? Silly girl!!! That's what I waited for!!! I loved it! I watched Cats 101 yesterday (for the millionth time) and was glued to my tv when the sphynxes came on!!

They are like potato chips. Once you have one, you'll crave another!!!

orangemm
09-18-2010, 08:03 AM
Love this! :love: (and I love Ikea, too) Our house has LOTS of Ikea.

Killearn Kitties
09-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Look how they breeze right past the Poang armchairs at 0:25 ... I was thinking about buying one but now maybe I won't :eek:!

:D :D :D If it's not good enough for the cats, it's not good enough for you?

catmandu
09-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Those hundred Cats are getting good training as Awesome Pet Angels as Our Awesome Angels Army Companions :love::love::love: love Furniture Stores and Bedding Shops where they all gather to snooze in luxury :cool::cool::cool:
Especially the Lost Pets and Animals who never had a nice place to snooze before , they love to sleep on softness and comfort :D:D:D:D

Killearn Kitties
09-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Those hundred Cats are getting good training as Awesome Pet Angels as Our Awesome Angels Army Companions :love::love Furniture Stores and Bedding Shops where they all gather to snooze in luxury :cool:
Especially the Lost Pets and Animals who never had a nice place to snooze before , they love to sleep on softness and comfort :D:D

What a wonderful thought! More venues for the pampered Angel army. :love::love:

Randi
09-18-2010, 11:42 AM
They sure handled that adventure quite well! I had expected several fights - a few was about to happen, though.

Let's hope more people will want a cat after seeing it. :)

Catlady711
09-18-2010, 04:25 PM
The other thing I thought about was what about any customers that go into that store, or buy any of the display items later that are highly allergic to cats?

momcat
09-18-2010, 04:39 PM
This has been going around the office all week. What a happy bunch of kitties with complete freedom to curl up anywhere they wanted. Great commercial!

Donna, I was wondering if you saw this! The little sphynx was definitely the star of the show!

lizbud
09-18-2010, 04:55 PM
I thought the commercial was very cute.:D My only other thought
was how would you gather them all up afterwards? With the shake of
a treat bag maybe?;)