PDA

View Full Version : Tide Stains

BC_MoM
09-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Hey all,

Haven't been around for a while, but figured this may be a good place to get a question answered.

Does anyone know how to get Tide stains out of sweaters? I have a bright yellow work hoodie that got Tide poured on it and it won't come out. It's been rewashed twice, Superclean applied, tried Shout, tried shampoo... nothing. :( Any ideas???

pomtzu
09-16-2010, 07:29 AM
That's strange - I never heard of a detergent staining. When I get a stain that won't come out with regular washing, such as fabric softener stains, or oily food stains, I pour full strength liquid laundry detergent on it, rub it in real good or take an old toothbrush and scrub it in, let it sit about 5 minutes, and then just throw it in with the regular wash load. Takes the stain out every time, tho sometimes I have to do this twice to get it completely out.
Maybe you could try this with a different brand of detergent. I use Purex Ultra - less expensive than Tide and the like, but works just as good.

aTailOf2Kitties
09-16-2010, 09:24 AM
perhaps call the folks at Tide?:confused:

Cataholic
09-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Like Pom...I use Purex. I love the cost!!

I think the Tide stain you refer to might actually be something closer to a bleach mark. Perhaps the full strenght application discoloured the fabric. If this is the case, I don't think much will change it at this point.

But, you could try pouring boiling water over the mark and see what that does, or soak it in OxyClean for a few hours and see what happens.

Taz_Zoee
09-16-2010, 01:15 PM
My mom swears by Biz. It's a color safe bleach. She used to use it on customers items when they owned the dry cleaners. It's a powder, so just put it in a sink or tub of some kind and let it soak over night.
I had dye transfer on some clothes and this took it out. I was amazed!

prechrswife
09-16-2010, 01:51 PM
I was going to suggest soaking in Oxy-Clean, but Cataholic beat me to it. :)

Husky_mom
09-16-2010, 01:52 PM
I have no clue... but found these articles on the subject

http://www.ehow.com/how_5128364_remove-detergent-stains.html

http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/stain-removal/how-to-get-rid-of-laundry-detergent-stains/

off topic.. but I use kitchen degreaser spray on my kids pants knees.. and takes stains out so very nicely.. :D

3Catcondo
09-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Have you tried color safe bleach?

Karen
09-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Have you tried soaking overnight in water?

Asiel
09-16-2010, 06:38 PM
That is a strange one. I use liqid Tide and do exactly as Pom does for stains and so far never a problem with that. Maybe it's the fleece that is absorbing it and doesn't rinse out properly?

BC_MoM
09-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Thank you for the suggestions! :)