PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #396. Self Service.

RICHARD
09-15-2010, 06:50 PM
I opened up the bar this week but have little heart in doing a theme.:(

I hope you all come in and leave the :( outside. ;)

I do have to make a 'decision' soon about Thursdays because I don't know where I will be headed and would like for it to keep going as a weekly thing.

Not for me, but for all the people who have walked thru the doors all these years. We are not closing down, but I need to think about how it's going to move on for the next few months.

Thanks and I'll check in from time to time.

Karen
09-15-2010, 07:01 PM
How about we make it a Comfort theme? I'll bring apple pie - it's the season, and cider, and we will all think comforting thoughts for you, as you surely could use it.

And I know there's Southern Comfort booze, anyone wanna find an appropriate drink recipe?

And hugs to you, and anyone who needs one!

cassiesmom
09-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Hi everyone ...

The barkeep isn't available? No problem. Who would like coffee with me? It's decaf and I brought some biscotti for dunking.

This seemed appropriate for the ingredient and time of year ...
Apple Comfort
1 oz Southern Comfort peach liqueur
6 oz warm apple juice

pomtzu
09-16-2010, 07:10 AM
I opened up the bar this week but have little heart in doing a theme.:(

I hope you all come in and leave the :( outside. ;)

I do have to make a 'decision' soon about Thursdays because I don't know where I will be headed and would like for it to keep going as a weekly thing.

Not for me, but for all the people who have walked thru the doors all these years. We are not closing down, but I need to think about how it's going to move on for the next few months.

Thanks and I'll check in from time to time.

Aawww Richard. This difficult situation that you're in, makes me feel so sad, and it shouldn't be happening to a great guy like you. There are so many s.o.b.'s out there that have it all, yet a guy like you is now made to struggle to keep what rightfully belongs to you. I wish there was something I could do to help. LES! :( Sorry - I couldn't leave it outside.

I'm gonna have a hot cup of coffee and maybe some of that biscotti, and sending prayers your way for a positive outcome. Hang in there friend, and remember, we ALL love you. :love:

Medusa
09-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Richard, keep saying this to yourself: God in me knows what to do, how to do it and gets it done quickly, easily and in peace. Prayers are continuing. Keep the faythe. :)

Pinot's Mom
09-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Richard, prayers for your situation, keep us posted, that's all I'll say here.:love:

Now, on to the bar...I vote whoever makes it here first on Wednesday evening (say, 8pm Pacific, 11pm Eastern US time) opens the bar. How's that for everyone? That way Richard can pop in as circumstances allow, guest barkeeps can fill in, and Richard can devote time to what he needs to. Is that do-able? When Richard's settled (and he will be soon), he can let us know. Just my thought...

This morning, coffee and scones, please! :)

Catty1
09-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Comfort food? I am bringing in a special order of the Shepherd's Pie from the Cheshire and Cheese restaurant in Vancouver! AMAZING!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3208/images/3208_MEDIUM.jpg

Dig in everyone!:D

Husky_mom
09-16-2010, 10:51 AM
And I know there's Southern Comfort booze, anyone wanna find an appropriate drink recipe?

southern comfort you say?.. how about some Funky Cold Medinaīs.. hehe

1oz Southern comfort
1oz vodka
1oz Blue Curacao
ice
cranberry juice

there you go!!
I donīt drink and canīt in my situation but hereīs a toast to you Richard.. to better things!!

keeping you in our thoughts bro!!

RICHARD
09-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Boy, at about 2:45 EST I am going to get my self a cold beer from the fridge and relax.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-18-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm making a big blueberry/banana smoothie!!! Anyone else want one while I have the smoothie maker out? :D

RICHARD
09-18-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm making a big blueberry/banana smoothie!!! Anyone else want one while I have the smoothie maker out? :D

I always have my smoothie maker on the end of my arm.;)

I am having a beer soon so, can I make one for you?

momoffuzzyfaces
09-18-2010, 03:58 PM
I always have my smoothie maker on the end of my arm.;)

I am having a beer soon so, can I make one for you?

DONE!!!

Beer reminds me of wine which reminds me of the time my mom tried to make wine in my aunt's garage. One of my Uncles was Italian and he made the best wine. So, Mom felt inspired to try it. It was so funny when it blew up in the garage because she forgot to vet it. :D She gave up wine making after that. :love: