PDA

View Full Version : Only a Pet Talker will understand this

Laura's Babies
09-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Only on Pet Talk would everyone understand my excitement over Caramella making her FIRST poopie in her little litter box and having to prove it with a picture!

I have already figured out she will not make poopie until after 3 pm and had tried to get her to do it by stimulating her with no luck. I made her a little box about a week ago and have shown her how she is suppose to dig in it and stimulated her to make pee pee in in to help her get the idea and she has gotten in there for days and just dug and dug. I heard her digging in it again today so I watched her.. Soon as I saw she was doing her business, I grabbed the camera!

I can't tell you how excited I was that she did this! When she was done, I picked her up and praised her and loved the daylights out of her.. NOW, if I could just get her to EAT solid foods! All she has been interested in eating so far was a green bean.. She isn't interested in any cat food or baby food unless it is in a bottle!

Babys first poopie!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/Caramellafirstpooieinbox81310.jpg

Her legs have taken a growth spurt, she is getting SO tall! She plays lot now, even with some of the cat toys and now, she does NOT like being shut in her cage AT ALL. I Have to shut her up in there when I go in the back of the house for any leagth of time or leave the house because she still is not getting a nice reaction from the other girls.

Let's hope she has this figured out and keeps doing "it" this way!

Husky_mom
09-13-2010, 07:23 PM
yay congrats!!.. hehe.. just as a baby starting to potty.. lol

and wow.. she does looks like she´s grown.. in size and in cuteness.. awwww..

3Catcondo
09-13-2010, 07:39 PM
So cute. Potty training the little monkey.. Way to go Caramella!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-13-2010, 07:48 PM
What a good girl she is.:) She sure is adorable too.:)

cassiesmom
09-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Oh my goodness... Miss Caramella ... you used your kitty pan for a poopie! Good girl! You are so precious and adorable. *kiss* And a green bean, huh? My sister's cat Poco liked green beans. Try to eat from a dish now widdle one :D

phesina
09-13-2010, 08:13 PM
My goodness.. such a milestone! Congratulations, Miss Caramella!

mrspunkysmom
09-13-2010, 08:17 PM
yes, I do understand.

sana
09-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Carmella, God bless you. He made a beauty, Carmella is like a piece of heaven. ;):)

MoonandBean
09-13-2010, 08:56 PM
She is so cute!! Here's to many more golden nuggets :D

Freedom
09-13-2010, 08:57 PM
She is growing up! HOORAY Caramella!

RICHARD
09-13-2010, 09:45 PM
I made her a little box about a week ago and have shown her how she is suppose to dig in it and stimulated her to make pee pee in in to help her get the idea and she has gotten in there for days and just dug and dug.

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Why does the image of Laura rooting thru a cat box make me laugh?;)

Teaching a tot to use the litter
Demands some patience and a box sitter,
Congrats to you, little Carmella!
Your litterbox is the only place that 'smellas'!

Bengalz
09-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Laura,

I just love the picture of that adorable little munchkin and the story:D And, yes I totally understand:D Mommy often has to go to the 'powder room' with Eve - just cuz she's a girl:p No litter box issues - she just likes to have company;):love:

katladyd
09-13-2010, 11:32 PM
AWWWWW!:love::love::love:

sirrahbed
09-14-2010, 01:29 AM
:D well now this *IS* a happy event - made me smile and nod my head!! Good Job!!!:D Carmella is a smart and pretty little girl:D

Randi
09-14-2010, 04:51 AM
LOL! I totally understand how proud you are of her. :D Glad she figured out what the litter box is for.

What a sweetie! :love:

Pinot's Mom
09-14-2010, 07:19 AM
Yes, we all understand! Yay Caramella!! :)

moosmom
09-14-2010, 07:22 AM
YAY!!!! She made a tootsie roll!!!!!! Did you try the Nutri-Cal? Or did she do it on her own? Either way...WAY TO GO, CARAMELLA

Queen of Poop
09-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Woo hoo!!!! The first poopie in the box! Fabulous. Couldn't ask for a better start to the day knowing this has taken place. Yes, only a Pet Talker would understand the total excitement over this. Congrats to you and the wee baby!

smokey the elder
09-14-2010, 08:23 AM
What a good girl, and the expression on her face!

catmandu
09-14-2010, 09:44 AM
This brings me back to over 25 years ago when I first brought My Pouncer ^^:love: home from the Pet Store and for a day she hid and did not eat or use the litter box :eek:
Like You and Carmella , it was such a relief to see that first little poo and biscuit in the litter:love:
Way to Go Caramella:cool::cool::cool:

lvpets2002
09-14-2010, 09:48 AM
:love: Oh yes we all understand those first litter box poopie.. Congrats wittle Precious Baby.. You are such a Cutie Pie for sure..

Laura's Babies
09-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Donna, she did it on her own. I am loading up her bottle with dry food soaked in milk and water, put it in processor and making mush out of it. She can't get enough of it.

I am so glad all of you understand my excitement! I have never done this before so it is a learning process for me. Every step with her is a major one for me..

NEWS FLASH!! - after having her bottle this morning, she went and got in her box, she went to digging like crazy and squatted..did her business then scratched to cover it up... she had made POOPIE again, all by herself!! (and in the morning, not her usual 3pm do!) I put the box in the cage with her last night and she used it during the night too!

smokey the elder- She does get "that look", it is so CUTE!! Those airplane ears and such a serious look on her little face!

astrid
09-14-2010, 11:19 AM
awwww!!!! congrats to the little cutie on her achievement :love:

sirrahbed
09-14-2010, 11:22 AM
YAY!!!! She made a tootsie roll!!!!!!

I was trying to remember this term YAY!! Tootsie Roll! (not to be confused with pee biscuits:))

Laura's Babies
09-16-2010, 08:00 PM
I got a nibble on a furever home for Caramella today! A lady lost one to cancer and is wanting another to fill that viod and she wants a kitten.. She has to be on solid food though. She has 3 others that are I think several years old or maybe older, yet her house feels empty without that 4th one. Sounds like another crazy cat lady like myself!

If she gets her, I will be able to see her again!

krazyaboutkatz
09-17-2010, 12:51 AM
I got a nibble on a furever home for Caramella today! A lady lost one to cancer and is wanting another to fill that viod and she wants a kitten.. She has to be on solid food though. She has 3 others that are I think several years old or maybe older, yet her house feels empty without that 4th one. Sounds like another crazy cat lady like myself!

If she gets her, I will be able to see her again!

I hope that everything will work out.:) It would be great for you to be able to visit Caramella and give us updates. Good luck.:)

Laura's Babies
09-17-2010, 10:00 AM
It sounds like a great home but I WILL check it out and check with her vet too, before I let her go. I hope this works out for this sweet baby!

Barbara
09-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Wow- Caramella is a big girl now- oh yes we are all ready to admire the result :D

CatsMeow
09-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Yay! She figured out what the "Stwange box. What dat thing" was, which is now, "The box I go use poddy in."

She is adorable, you should put a cuteness warning on this!!!

Laura's Babies
09-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Ohhhh! Today she scared the be-gees out of me! :eek: She came to me to pick her up, "mewing" different than she usually does.. It was a distress sort of cry. I picked her up and she was all wet and sort of rattling when she breathed. I checked her mouth and it was wet so I knew what she had done. I have seen her at the water bowl the last several days, looking at it. I guess today she decided to try it and must have fallen in and breathed some water in her nose.. She rattled and sneezed and sneezed and sneezed, soaking my shoulder. At one point she made a real funny noise and let out a huge sneeze.. Poor baby was miserable for about 15 minutes but she recovered nicely and is now sleeping in my lap after a visit from Uncle Mike.

I told him I think we have found her a home and told him about it and he said "OK, but she will have to wait until "we" get Caramella fixed!" He is so darn in love with her. I have seen more of him since I got her than I have the total times he has come since he moved back.

cassiesmom
09-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Leaky eyes here... She is so darling and I like the little spot where her tail joins her back :love:

She recovered nicely and is now sleeping in my lap after a visit from Uncle Mike. He is so darn in love with her.