PDA

View Full Version : Halo - Sweetest kitty I've EVER known

kuhio98
09-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Bobcat just called to let me know that he took Halo to the vet at 10:30 this morning and had her put to sleep.

He hasn't really been able to talk about it yet, so I can only hope her passing was peaceful.

Halo 2002-2010
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=162407

krazyaboutkatz
09-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Lisa and Bobcat, I'm so sorry to hear that it was Halo's time to pass on.:( Even when you know your beloved animal is sick and it's inevitable, it's still never an easy thing to do.:( Now she's running and playing up at Rainbow Bridge and I'm sure she's made many new friends. She knows that you both loved her and that she'll never be forgotten. I bet she'll even visit you from time to time. RIP sweet Halo.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Cataholic
09-13-2010, 07:24 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. Halo was much, much loved and will be sorely missed. Hearts are breaking tonight.

Moesha
09-13-2010, 07:39 PM
I am so very sorry to read this. Please remember the good things that you did for Halo and the love and wonderful life that you were able to share together. Many thoughts and deepest sympathies are with you now. Thank you for sharing the story with us. Cancer is a terrible disease, in humans and in animals.

Karen
09-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Rest in peace, pretty girl, knowing you have earned not only your own wings but a halo to match your name, up at The Rainbow Bridge.

phesina
09-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Oh, I am so very sorry..

Halo, you are a beautiful girl, so greatly loved and you will be so greatly missed.

May you rest in peace at the Rainbow Bridge, as you await your dear friends.

katladyd
09-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Halo finally has peace. That is good. I will never forget her or her story. My prayers are with you. Life is so unfair sometimes.:(

Prairie Purrs
09-13-2010, 08:19 PM
My heart sank to see this. RIP, sweet Halo.

Catty1
09-13-2010, 08:24 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

Peace to you and Bobcat. Halo was the sweetest girl, so loved and loving, and had the best home this side of Heaven.

Play again at the Bridge, healthy and young, beautiful Halo.:love::love:

Nomilynn
09-13-2010, 11:27 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers.

Randi
09-14-2010, 06:00 AM
I'm terribly sorry to read that you had to say goodbye to Halo. :( You have done everything you could to make her comfortable during her illness and I'm sure she was grateful for that. Halo knew she was very loved. She is at peace now and I know she will be in your hearts forever. :love: :love:

Rest in peace, sweet Halo!

((((hugs))))

Pinot's Mom
09-14-2010, 07:17 AM
{{{hugs}}} to you and Bobcat. I'm so sorry this happened.:(

RIP sweet Halo; play free and young again at the Bridge. :love:

pomtzu
09-14-2010, 07:39 AM
I'm so sorry that this has happened. I was hoping for a miracle for you and Halo, but it just wasn't meant to be.

I'm certain that Halo will eventually meet up with Kuhio, and that they will become best of friends, even tho they didn't know each other here on Earth. I just know that they will share so many wonderful memories of their purrents, and wait together to see you again. :love:

RIP Halo
Peace to you Lisa & Bobcat

Queen of Poop
09-14-2010, 07:42 AM
So very sorry for your loss. :(

Medusa
09-14-2010, 07:55 AM
I was hoping that Halo would continue to rally but I guess her body wore out. It's never easy to help our furkids to the Bridge but it's something that must be done when there just is no quality of life left; it's the ultimate act of love. RIP, sweet Halo and peace to your humans. :love:

Freedom
09-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Oh no, I am so sorry to read this. Yes, we knew this may come, but not yet, NOT YET! Cyber hugs to you and Bobcat.

Sweet Halo, pretty girl, so much love sent to you from your PT friends, but most of all from your family.

smokey the elder
09-14-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm so sorry about Halo. Now she'll get her wings and a halo to go with her name. She was a much beloved kitty.

jennielynn1970
09-14-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm so sorry to be reading this, it just brings tears to my eyes. Dear, sweet Halo.

Play gently at the Bridge, pretty girl.

HUGS to you and to Bobcat. My thoughts are with you during this time of grief.

Taz_Zoee
09-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Why couldn't I have seen this last night so I could cry in the privacy of my home? Now I am sitting at my desk in tears.
Yes, we knew this was coming. But I really hoped it wouldn't have come so soon. I am so very sorry this happened. Hugs to you and Bobcat.

RIP Halo

Barbara
09-14-2010, 09:53 AM
I am so sorry that Halo had to leave you. Now she is healthy again and will have met Kuhio and all the other Pet talk kitties at Rainbow Bridge.
May she rest in peace.

prechrswife
09-14-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss...:(

catmandu
09-14-2010, 02:42 PM
We are so sorry that we almost that we missed the thread about your Dear Halo.
You certainly gave Your Halo a great chance to survive and get well, but sometimes sadly Our Pet Comapnions go long before we want them to
Halo is in Heaven now with Her Wings of Silver and Gold and has joined the Awesome Angels Comapnions Army on their World Tour in Paradise.
We are betting that Halo will soon find the place where you will all be reunited in Love.
One Fine Day.

GILL
09-14-2010, 03:23 PM
The Crew and I are so sorry for the loss of Halo. Even when you know it's coming the time is never easy.

mrspunkysmom
09-14-2010, 07:12 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

Sundance
09-14-2010, 11:32 PM
I am so sorry for your loss of Halo. The stories you wrote about Halo and Kuhio are among the most heartbreaking I've read on the forum. They have both made me cry :( You certainly gave us all pause and a lot to think about micro-chipping. It's a good thing that, unfortunately, can go very, very bad. You did everything you could for Halo while she was here, including letting her go in peace when the time was right.

Halo knew she was loved and that you cared so very much for her, and I know she and Kuhio are looking down on you now from the Rainbow Bridge as they wait together for that one fine day when you will reunite forever.

:love: Rest in peace at the Bridge, Halo. Play gently with Kuhio
and all the Pet Talk kitties who have gone before you. :love:

Felicia's Mom
09-15-2010, 05:55 AM
I am sorry for your loss. Have fun at the Bridge Halo.:love:

DriftyAlison0
09-15-2010, 11:13 AM
I am so sorry to hear of Halo's loss. Sending my thoughts and prayers out ((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

Killearn Kitties
09-15-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm so sorry that you have lost your dear, sweet Halo.
Rest in peace beautiful little one. You were a most loved kitty. :love:

slick
09-15-2010, 08:13 PM
RIP Sweet Halo!! Never forget how much you are loved and missed. :(

I'm so very sorry {hugs}}}:love::love::love:

Sonia59
09-16-2010, 03:12 AM
I am so sorry to read this. Rest in peace, sweet and beautiful Halo. We will not forget you :love:

karlyb
09-16-2010, 03:42 AM
I'm so sorry about Halo. This is so unfair - you did all the right things for her. Halo was a beautiful girl and you'll never forget her sweet kitty self.

kuhio98
09-29-2010, 02:13 PM
We received Halo's ashes. Not sure yet whether we'll scatter them.

I glued a champagne cork to the top :D since one of Halo's favorite games was to bounce corks down the stairs. :D Along with the ashes was her paw impression.

Pepper is missing her buddy. We are all missing our sweet, gentle girl.

Bobcat commented last night that here we were surrounded by 4 kitties but there is a huge hole where the 5th used to be. :(

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/Sept026.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/Sept025.jpg

kuhio98
07-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Saw this picture on the internet today and was flooded with regrets.

Why, oh why, didn't I ever drag my butt out of bed to get a photo or movie of Halo playing with her champagne corks in the middle of the night? :(

Precious soul, we miss you so much.

Barbara
07-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Halo will be in your hearts forever- and while there will be moments of happy memories there will also be moments in which it hurts.
(In my case you'll have to substitute the words Tigris and Filou for "Halo"):(

Randi
07-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Oh Lisa, that box with the corkscrew on top is so beautiful, and very appropiate, since Halo loved playing with them. :) I love the stone and Halo's pawprint, too.

I can surely understand that you are split about whether to scatter them or not. Another option would be to bury the box, if you have a house. Then you could plant flowers there. :)

Halo, you will be missed and remembered forever. :love:

Rest for a while and your friends will be ready to play with you at the RB.

Hugs and my deepest sympahty to you Lisa and to Bobcat. :love:

mathteach
07-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Sorry so for your loss.

phesina
07-24-2011, 04:04 PM
I am so sorry for your loss of Halo and your regrets about not getting pictures of her playing with her corks.

Your beloved girl Halo is playing with corks now at the Rainbow Bridge as she awaits the grand reunion.. One Fine Day. Her spirit is with you always.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

carole
07-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Dearest Lisa my heart goes out to you , i am so sorry to read of the passing of your beautiful kitty Halo,tears come to my eyes when i read your post,you are a very special person to me, and i hate that you and bobcat are suffering this emotional pain, i know how awful it is, words alone cannot express how i feel for you, i hope you find some comfort here with all your friends on PT who share your grief and understand,please know you are in my thoughts daily and i send you giant hugs and love from across the miles, please take care, all my love from me and the kitties especially Ellie.:love::love:

Cataholic
07-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Sometimes, I think these feelings, like regret, are our hearts way of holding on to the pain. it is so hard...we love them so much, and Halo surely loved you in return, pictures or not.

kuhio98
09-17-2011, 09:18 AM
I was so busy with my brother's health crisis (posted it in the asking for prayers thread) that I forgot to acknowledge Halo on her first bridgeday.

We miss you Silver Girl.

Everybody, if your pet is microchipped, check the area today. If you feel any kinds of lumps or bumps get an appointment with the vet.

phesina
09-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Happy First Bridgeday, beautiful sweet Kuhio! You are so greatly beloved, and the love you and your family share is eternal, and so are you all, together again some day.

Deepest sympathy to your family on this sad anniversary, who miss you so much.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

kuhio98
09-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Happy 3rd Bridge Day, sweet Halo.
Please play nice with Willy until we all get reunited.

Everyone ~ If your pet is chipped, please check the injection site for any lumps or bumps.

phesina
09-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Happy Bridge Day #3, dearest Halo. You are SO much loved!

To Lisa and all who love and miss her so much, may your precious memories help to bring you comfort. You and Halo are together always, and she will welcome you Home.. One Fine Day.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

kuhio98
09-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Happy 4th Bridge Day, sweet Halo.
excerpt from "Halo's song"

Halo, Halo, Halo
I love you very much.
Halo, Halo, Halo
You're so soft to the touch

Everyone ~ If your pet is chipped, please check the injection site for any lumps or bumps.

Karen
09-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Aww, good reminder, and nice memory day.

phesina
09-13-2014, 01:59 PM
What a lovely song for Halo!

Condolences to you and all who love her on this sad anniversary. May your precious memories and the knowledge that she is always with you bring you some comfort.

God bless, and love to you all.
Pat and cats :love::love::love::love::love:

carole
09-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Thinking of you at this sad time,may your beautiful memories of halo comfort you,hugs xxoo

pomtzu
09-13-2014, 05:50 PM
{{{Hugs}}}. They never really leave us, for we carry them with us forever in our hearts.

pomtzu
09-15-2014, 03:39 PM

It might be a good idea to just have your vet check your pets at least once a year when they go in for their annual checkup. Wolfy was chipped when he adopted me, and it is required at the county shelters before you can take them home - otherwise I wouldn't have had him done. He has to go back in, in a few weeks for his Lyme vaccination,, so I'll have Dr Annie check him then ----- since I forgot last Friday when he went for his annual. :rolleyes: