PDA

View Full Version : Do You Do This?

Karen
09-13-2010, 06:50 PM
When watching television, I often think that "X character" could use a dog. Or sometimes a cat, or a bunny ... We watch Rubicon, and were discussing this and while Paul though a dog might be killed if it belonged to Will, maybe he could have a cat - something to keep him company. And the Katherine character's life would be much better if she had a dog!

Do you do that?

Marigold2
09-13-2010, 07:04 PM
No I guess I do the opposite and wish dumb people did not have pets.:(
Not saying those people are dumb just in general. Like in animal cops or hoarding shows.

Alysser
09-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Well if you count thinking the USS Enterprise needs a dog, then yes I suppose. :D

Karen
09-13-2010, 07:48 PM
No I guess I do the opposite and wish dumb people did not have pets.:(
Not saying those people are dumb just in general. Like in animal cops or hoarding shows.

I'm just talking about fictional shows, Marigold, and am always happy when a character in one has a pet that looks loved, but it doesn't need to be a main character. Like in the show "White Collar," the lead FBI agent has a big yellow Lab at home, and both he and his wife seem to genuinely care and interact with the dog in a nice way.

wombat2u2004
09-14-2010, 09:16 AM
When watching television, I often think that "X character" could use a dog. Or sometimes a cat, or a bunny ... We watch Rubicon, and were discussing this and while Paul though a dog might be killed if it belonged to Will, maybe he could have a cat - something to keep him company. And the Katherine character's life would be much better if she had a dog!

Do you do that?

Hmmmmm....no !!! I don't think I've ever thought that way when watching TV or movies.
I do however, always think of dogs that I do see in shows....one comes to mind that I think about quite a lot...in Gladiator, Russell Crowe had a German Shepherd that actually got involved in the first battle in that movie....after the battle and for the rest of the movie.....no dog !!!! That worries me sometimes. Did the Director purposely leave out that dog when he did, to get people thinking about that ???? If he did, then it certainly worked big time with me.

lvpets2002
09-14-2010, 09:41 AM
:) Yes think of that some too.. I always like shows when they have pets involved..

happylabs
09-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Not really, but when I go to someone's house and they have no pets at all I often think they need one. A house isn't a home without some kind of pet IMO. :)

Pembroke_Corgi
09-14-2010, 10:23 AM
No, but I do notice when there is a pet or baby and they "go away" at inopportune moments. Like, you wonder how the baby could possibly sleep so long or the dog never needs to go out while the characters do other things. Or sometimes there are sitcoms with children but they never seem to be home.

kokopup
09-14-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't do this for TV characters but do think that various real people I know would have a richer life if they had a pet. My mother-in-law loves to have Koko come and visit and I think that she would be happier if she had a pet to share her life. She says she has lost to many pets in her life and wouldn't want to love another just to lose it.

Karen
09-14-2010, 06:58 PM
No, but I do notice when there is a pet or baby and they "go away" at inopportune moments. Like, you wonder how the baby could possibly sleep so long or the dog never needs to go out while the characters do other things. Or sometimes there are sitcoms with children but they never seem to be home.

I wonder how much of the "disappearing children" is due to the limits they put on the amount of time child actors can works, etc? Or just a matter of laziness on the writers' parts!

Vette
11-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Kinda i guess?

id really like to see more video games where you play through some levels or mini-levels as the main characters dog like in the Dead to Rights series. that was so kick-butt an rater fun an also challenging in the 3rd game to be the dog.

IRescue452
11-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Not too often with tv, usually its that I wish to take pets away from some people. I do it at work though whenever I read the "star of the week" posters in the elementary school classrooms and theres a frowny face drawn on the spot where the kids fill in about their pets and it says they don't have any. What child is complete without the unconditional friendship a pet offers?

chocolatepuppy
11-28-2010, 08:05 AM
I don't watch much tv, but most of the time , in a movie, I worry the whole time that the characters dog will be killed before the movie is over.:( Like when the main character is a cop or detective.

happylabs
11-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Not so much in movies but when I visit someone that has no pets I often think a house is not a home without a pet and wish the person had one. It is tough when I go to visit my parents because I always brought Casey with me. When I get there it just feels like there should be a pet there.