PDA

View Full Version : Brandon's Tumor is growing again!

Laura's Babies
09-13-2010, 05:22 PM
For those of you who haven't been around that long read the beginning of this here... or if you just need to refresh your memory.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=149192&highlight=Brandon

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=150425&highlight=Brandon

Brandon has done so good since the last episode with his brain tumor but now it is growing again and he is having head aches again. This is one of those nasty tumors and it is on his brain stem but they have been keeping it under control with chemo and radiation.

Sis said the doctors are not sure what coarse of action they will take now....

Brandon and Jessica's marriage did not last long, they are divorced now and he has gotten on with his life and been happy and seemed to have been doing really good... but he always had this hanging over him, knowing it would be a problem again..

Prayers can work wonders and lets pray that this is just a glitch, a temporary set back that can be delt with easily. Please remember him in your prayers and get him on as many prayer lists as you can. I have also lit a candle for him and will try to keep one lit for him.

pomtzu
09-13-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this - both about the tumor and his marriage. I often wonder how he has been doing. Poor kid - he sure has had a lot to deal with in his short lifetime.

Prayers going out to him from here in DE.

cassiesmom
09-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Oh, dear. This is not good news. Big prayers for Brandon.

Karen
09-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Prayers on the way for him. There have been advances made, so hopefully his docs keep up with the latest medical news. I don't know what type of tumor Brandon's is, but see this article (http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/09/10/experimental.vaccine.delays.cancer/index.html) just in case.

wombat2u2004
09-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Prayers sent from downunder.
This kid is not doing it easy.

Laura's Babies
09-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Karen, his is a Glioblastoma, one of the bad ones. I DO hope and pray since his last bout with this that some major advances have been made but that was only in December of 2008 that this one was discovered and he had all those problems with it.

This is a recent picture of him with his girlfriend..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Family/BrandonKelsey2010.jpg

Karen
09-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Oh, please do click the link I posted - the man in the article has a Glioblastoma, too!

Marigold2
09-13-2010, 07:08 PM
I am so sorry to hear this..........
Cancer cares not if you are young or old
good or bad
rich or poor
dumb or smart
it comes like the night, all of a sudden you look up and the dark has arrived.
I am sending my very best wishes......
Great advances are being made every day.
I hope there is help for him.

3Catcondo
09-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Laura
Big Prayers going up for Brandon. I'm sorry he's having problems again. :(

krazyaboutkatz
09-13-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

phesina
09-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Prayers are being said for Brandon.

Catty1
09-13-2010, 08:30 PM
PT Prayers for Brandon! He keeps beating the odds, and I hope he beats this stupid thing for good!

His GF looks like a really nice woman. I am glad he has this happiness in his life. :):love:

luckies4me
09-13-2010, 09:55 PM
I hope everything goes well for him. My son has a tumor in his brain and is currently being treated with medication, however it is not cancerous. I can't imagine it being any worse. He has already had to deal with so much at such a young age. My thoughts and prayers go out to him. How is his girlfriend dealing with it all?

Laura's Babies
09-14-2010, 07:59 AM
How is his girlfriend dealing with it all?

luckies4me-I don't know how she is dealing with it but you know it has to be really hard. The whole family is upset over this as you can very well imagine. He has had such a rough time in his short life with one tumor after another, that horriable car wreck he was in and then developing this tumor on his brain stem.

My sister told me this tumor is not the same type he had as a child, this one is totally unrealted to those. I think his first ones were meningiomas because when they found mine, Cindy (Brandon's Mom) knew all about them and helped calm my and my sisters fears over mine.

ramanth
09-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Many prayers for Brandon!

Lilith Cherry
09-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Lots of prayers and loving thoughts for Brandon:love:

lvpets2002
09-14-2010, 04:23 PM
:( Oh no Laura I am so so sorry.. Poor Brandon.. Bless his heart that he has been thru so so much.. Sending Lots Lots of Prayers for Him & Family & for you too Laura.. Huggss

Medusa
09-14-2010, 08:48 PM
How is Brandon doing today, Laura? He's always in my prayers. :love:

Kirsten
09-15-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this, Laura! Will keep him in my thoughts...

Bonny
09-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Good Thoughts & Prayers sent Brandson's way.:love:

Craftlady
09-15-2010, 09:56 PM
So sorry to read this about your son. Will keep good thoughts and prayers for him.

Laura's Babies
09-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Craftlady- That's my sisters grandson.. You remember her? She posts here now and then as Carol Bulger?