PDA

View Full Version : This is my quandry.

RICHARD
09-13-2010, 04:49 PM
My current problem(s) have me so worried that I don't know what to do except pray.

The Sunday before Labor Day I woke up to a man trying to put an auction sale sign up on the front lawn.

THe sign is from a real estate firm hired by the probate court to sell the both the properties from my mom's estate to settle it.

There is no mortgage on either, she owned both properties free and clear.

Becaus he family split down the middle regarding the estate we decided to let the court take the case and my side would propose a buyout of the other side of the family.

All the prior hearings were just to find out what the estate owed and we didn't have to be there in court.

----------------

Because I was trying to keep things separate, I opened a separate email account to get info on what was going on and so much time had passed that
I slacked off opening it up.

I went back to look at the email acct and saw that there was an message from my lawyer asking me if I knew there was a court date, two days before it was supposed to take place.

Because I let my guard down and was stupid the date came and went w/o me knowing about it.

This company gave me 20 days -- an open house this Saturday and the auction on the 25th.

I am so panicked and heartbroken that I just cannot handle it.

I know I should have been more vigilant, but I cannot see how a company could step in and just execute a court order w/o out telling us.

There is one hitch about the paperwork that hearing produced...it's missing the case number assigned to the case.

I am hoping-no, I am praying that IT may be a mistake and somehow we are caught in a 'black hole' of paperwork.

I don't even want to know what I have to do should the house be sold.

I just need prayers and hope for some kind of miracle or ?????

The small bright spot is that there is a hearing scheduled for October. But, only god knows what will happen and he is not telling.

Think about me and pray that my stupidity didn't allow this to happen.

Thanks.

pomtzu
09-13-2010, 05:02 PM
How can they do that? Wouldn't you have to be notified by certified mail of that court date that you missed? Something doesn't sound right.

Karen
09-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Richard, I would call the state bar association and ask them what to do, or for a recommendation for a good, impartial lawyer who has experience with estate law and probate.

Meanwhile, you will be in our prayers.

Husky_mom
09-13-2010, 05:21 PM
How can they do that? Wouldn't you have to be notified by certified mail of that court date that you missed? Something doesn't sound right.

my exact same thoughts.. just to be sure you are aware..

then again.. if the property is all paid up.. why would you have this hassle.. the estate is owing.. but not you or your mom.. if they were free and clear.. and no mortgage.. I just donīt get it..

anyhow.. youīll be in our thoughts.. ((sissy hugs from me))..(as in sisterly..;))

caseysmom
09-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Someone should have made sure you knew. Tell your lawyer to fix it or you will report him to the state bar.

Family stuff like that sucks I went through it when my mom died too.

Your mom is gonna have some fun scaring the crud out of someone...

lizbud
09-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Oh man, Richard.:( Did your lawyer represent you at all during the court
case? It probably hurt your chances a lot by not appearing (I'm not a lawyer
so I really don't know for sure) but still. I would have a face to face with the
attorney and ask for his help (big time) with this. Prayers that you & Ed can
get this worked out so you don't lose your home.

cassiesmom
09-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Would your attorney's office not have mailed or overnighted you a copy of the court's document? Also, would they not have called in addition to e-mail to ensure that you knew of the date. That seems odd to me.

Hugs and prayers,
Elyse

Freedom
09-13-2010, 05:42 PM
1. Call your lawyer - the one who sent the email - and ask what the H*LL is happening?

2. DO WHAT KAREN SUGGESTED

RICHARD
09-13-2010, 05:49 PM
I have to see the lawyer tomorrow.

So I will get some ??? answered.

He was just told there was a hearing on the 20th - but he was never given anything to at least let him know what happened afterwards, he was as much in the dark as we are.

I think -and will find out tomorrow- why he never got any paperword re the sale.

That leads me to believe that something is desperately wrong here.

---
The best part about this is the weight you can lose while worrying. I kid, I kid.:confused::rolleyes::(

thanks for the advice and thoughts.:)

Cataholic
09-13-2010, 05:50 PM
The lawyer did nothing wrong, to report him/her would be mean spirited.

The probate court didn't do anything, the executor of the estate (or the administrator) hired an auction company to sell the property for one of two reasons. First, the debts on the estate (which include legal bills) are due and owing and there wasn't sufficient cash to pay them off. Second, the fighting factions couldn't agree on what to do with the real estate, so there was a court ordered sale, which was put in place by one side's attorney. The attorney would have petitioned the court to partition the property.

Anyone can buy the property, including Richard and his siblings, or a third party. To get to this stage of the proceedings, where there is a auction, one would have overlooked more than one piece of mail.

The debts of the estate 'deserve' to be paid from the assets of the estate, whether that be cash, bonds, insurance proceeds or the sale of any asset. It is just the way it is.

Richard, call the attorney that represents the executor/administrator. As one of the beneficiaries of the estate, he/she will talk to you. Was the a will? If so, how was the property left? To all of you? If no will, then it follows the laws of the state of Cali, according to the statue of descent and distribution. Usually it would be an even split among then living children (if the parents are both gone).

You don't have much time, but you do have some options.

Medusa
09-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Well, it's good to know that you do have some options, Richard. I can't offer anything other than prayers and they're going up right now. Keep the faythe, buddy. :love:

RICHARD
09-13-2010, 06:15 PM
The lawyer did nothing wrong, to report him/her would be mean spirited.

The probate court didn't do anything, the executor of the estate (or the administrator) hired an auction company to sell the property for one of two reasons. First, the debts on the estate (which include legal bills) are due and owing and there wasn't sufficient cash to pay them off. Second, the fighting factions couldn't agree on what to do with the real estate, so there was a court ordered sale, which was put in place by one side's attorney. The attorney would have petitioned the court to partition the property.

Anyone can buy the property, including Richard and his siblings, or a third party. To get to this stage of the proceedings, where there is a auction, one would have overlooked more than one piece of mail.

The debts of the estate 'deserve' to be paid from the assets of the estate, whether that be cash, bonds, insurance proceeds or the sale of any asset. It is just the way it is.

Richard, call the attorney that represents the executor/administrator. As one of the beneficiaries of the estate, he/she will talk to you. Was the a will? If so, how was the property left? To all of you? If no will, then it follows the laws of the state of Cali, according to the statue of descent and distribution. Usually it would be an even split among then living children (if the parents are both gone).

You don't have much time, but you do have some options.

NO will, my mom 'orally appointed' my sis and I to take care of the estate, My sister said she didn't want to have anything to do with the estate and told my brother he was in charge-but she does want the money.

He ran to his lawyer and began the wheels in motion,

I wanted to sell one property, pay off the bills, split the rest, then have all the sibs put their names on the deed and, with a proper agreement, be able to borrow money against their part of the house.

My lawyer didn't know that the court had even bound the estate over to be sold. There are two different entities, and three employees involved.

The tax collector, the Superior Court -two of their reps. I tried to get a hold of the original person who never returned any of my calls, the case was referred to ANOTHER person who referred my lawyer back to the original woman who I tried to contact.

BTW,
My brother has collected almost 20,000 dollars in rent fees from the other property and I do not know where the money went.

I tried to collect the rent and the renter told me that she would not hand over the money. I sent a note thru my lawyer to his that I wanted receipts from the rent and an accounting of the money and never heard anything about it, so I wanted to present that as part of our proposal.

This is such a c-eff that it's gonna kill me.

Thanks for the ideas.

Bonny
09-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Good Thoughts & Prayers sent your way Richard. I was an executor of my moms estate & we had a estate/ probate lawyer. He made sure my sister was informed on paper through the whole process with his signature & mine on it. The only thing I can think of there should of been some kind of notice by mail on paper that would make it offical to let you know what was & is going on? There has to be some kind of a paper trail to back track.

caseysmom
09-13-2010, 06:28 PM
I have been through 2 probates. One I was administrator. I had to account for every last penny. Your brother will be in big trouble if the 20,000 goes unaccounted for. You do have recourse. I would call the attorney handling the probate.

Laura's Babies
09-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Could you come up with the $$$ to buy out your part for your house? I would see where I could make a offer to do that and do it if it is allowed...

Pinot's Mom
09-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Richard, I am no lawyer, but it all smells fishy to me.

My thoughts and prayers are with you; I wish there was something I could do.

Freedom
09-13-2010, 06:40 PM
NO will,

Oh Richard, I am so sorry! This is what started the whole mess.

I really encourage everyone to ensure their folks make a Will, to avoid any problems. And once you are married, have children, own property -- any of those! -- you should have a Will in place as well.

RICHARD
09-13-2010, 06:41 PM
I have been through 2 probates. One I was executioner. I had to account for every last penny. Your brother will be in big trouble if the 20,000 goes unaccounted for. You do have recourse. I would call the attorney handling the probate.

I killed myself to pay the property taxes on both properties while he was living it up on the cash, I would have been able to have paid off her bills, the PTs and had money left over to give to the court.

I knew that he would have to account for the cash, as a matter of fact? I prayed for the day when it would come back to haunt him. He also closed out a bank account and took all the jewelry off my my mom before the body was cold.
When, I asked him to let me see it so I could take an inventory I got three stories.

The jewelry was taken with her body and cremated-idiot forgot I worked in a hospital and know this is not true, My sister took it, and it was put in with her ashes.

LB,
IT's six kids in the share and the property we want to sell is less than the property we want to keep.

I was hoping to present the proposal to the court and even offer them a percentage of the house for the money we would not have for the buyout.

They are only interested in the cash and my side is looking at the long term and keeping the house as an investment.

Bonny
09-13-2010, 06:42 PM
We applied for a federal ID number besides & like Caseysmom said I had to account for every penny with a special estate checking account that was set up at a local bank.

caseysmom
09-13-2010, 06:46 PM
I just corrected my post I said I was the executioner..lol I meant executor...

caseysmom
09-13-2010, 06:48 PM
I went through the same thing when my mom died Richard I wanted to keep the house and everybody else wanted the money.

RICHARD
09-13-2010, 06:58 PM
I just corrected my post I said I was the executioner..lol I meant executor...

I saw that and kinda glossed over it.

Actually?

I was keeping it in mind.;):D

wombat2u2004
09-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having mate.
Hang in there, and keep a paper trail. Keep all emails and write down dates etc etc....it's good ammo in court.
Wishing you the best of luck with this one, hope it comes out your way.

RICHARD
09-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having mate.
Hang in there, and keep a paper trail. Keep all emails and write down dates etc etc....it's good ammo in court.
Wishing you the best of luck with this one, hope it comes out your way.

You better wish me luck.

Australia is in the summer season in December and I know you probably have a garage I can live in.:eek::rolleyes::)

krazyaboutkatz
09-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Richard, I am no lawyer, but it all smells fishy to me.

My thoughts and prayers are with you; I wish there was something I could do.

I agree. I sure hope that things will go your way.

Husky_mom
09-13-2010, 07:17 PM
I know itīs not the same.. but a lil story..

my grandparents (mother side) also left no will... there are 5 siblings... 4 live in the same state.. one lives in another one.. 3 3 brothers 2 sis..

anyway.. my mom, her sis and one brother were taking care of the house n stuff.. paying any electric, water that was still being charged.. cleaning up a bit because they intended to rent it out..

we (hubs and I even were one of the probables).. anyhow... the other 2 brothers only wanted the cash.. the one from out of state dropped by.. and said the house was his as his father had told him...

my mom backed out.. if they wanted to fight about it.. fine.. sell it.. fine.. whatever...

thing is the house was "supposed" to be remodeled to rent out as offices.. well.. until now the house is rotting.. people have broken in.. and LIVED there for a while until kicked out by police.. needless to say.. no one got nothing out of it.. I mean thankfully noone needed the cash that much.. but in the end they lost it all... if they now want anything.. I think a demolition is in need..

Iīm sorry this is happening to you... really am..

caseysmom
09-13-2010, 07:24 PM
The night my mom died my sister got in her purse and threw out her lipstick I was devastated...she said well she isn't going to use it anymore. I still think my sister is a cold biatch.

RICHARD
09-13-2010, 07:56 PM
The night my mom died my sister got in her purse and threw out her lipstick I was devastated...she said well she isn't going to use it anymore. I still think my sister is a cold biatch.

I still have a bottle of shampoo that my mom had while she was in the Extended Care Hospital.
IT's got her name on it and I refuse to toss it out.

--------

I have a sister that is an LVN.

Let me preface this by saying that I probably could not have changed my mom's dressings, but I did change them for my dad before he lost his toes to diabetes, So I do understand her not wanting to deal with my mom's condition-it's very painful to see someone you love suffer.

While my dad was dying and ma came home to pass? She never once came to see them or to say goodbye.

I resent the EFF out that.

To this day she will swear that my mother told her never to show up at the house again.

I know that is the biggest lie on the planet.

------------

Here is one last tidbit in this story.

My mom didn't want to be cremated, she wanted to be buried next to dad.

My sis' boss gave my sister a check to cover the expenses for the funeral.

My brother went into a tizzy and went off on my sister-he took care of all the 'arrangements' - to the point where I could not attend the funeral becasue i was involved in a work dispute/grievance that I could not miss out on.

I asked him to resched the arrangements and he said, "no".

The last time I went to see her plot, she still has no placard on the grave.

I went to see about paying for one and could not because his name is on the
papers when she was buried.

I let it go until now and that will be one of my complaints in addition to the money he took....That was the least she deserved and almost two years later, she has no placard on the grave marker.

whew......

Catty1
09-13-2010, 08:40 PM
RICHARD - prayers here that you get answers and a plan of action tomorrow. This is just horrid. I hope your lawyer talks to the probate guy and everything gets sorted out.

Again - notifying you only by email does sound very fishy.

{{{{hugs}}}}

RICHARD
09-13-2010, 09:01 PM
RICHARD - prayers here that you get answers and a plan of action tomorrow. This is just horrid. I hope your lawyer talks to the probate guy and everything gets sorted out.

Again - notifying you only by email does sound very fishy.

{{{{hugs}}}}

I have to say one thing about all you all.

I was sitting here freaking out the better part of a week and finally have some room to breathe thanks to you all.

I am literally feeling a whole poop load better.

There are options and I plan on taking my best shot at getting this sorted out.

Thanks again, I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate it and how much better I feel.

To be continued?:)

caseysmom
09-13-2010, 11:24 PM
This too will pass Richard just remember. Your mom had you and you were there for her...the hell with everyone out for almighty buck you were there for you mom and she knows that.

wombat2u2004
09-14-2010, 09:48 AM
You better wish me luck.

Australia is in the summer season in December and I know you probably have a garage I can live in.:eek::rolleyes::)

I do mate......;)

happylabs
09-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Very sorry to hear about all of this Richard. I do not know anything about real estate law. I hope you get it sorted out and can go back to being a carefree cat-loving man. Hugs and prayers!!!!!

Randi
09-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Richard, I'm sorry you're going through this, I know how difficult it can be. :( Things like this ought to be arranged before people die, because you can't handle it right after. It seems that your brother and sister? have been really greedy and it's disgusting it has come to this.

One thing I find strange, is that you didn't get a letter that you had to sign for (registered letter!) from a lawyer. An e-mail is just not good enough!

Good luck sorting it out!

lvpets2002
09-14-2010, 11:34 AM
:) Something is for sure all wrong here with all of this.. First the Court by Law would have sent a Cert/Reg letter to you && also your attorney would/should have done the same thing.. They cant just sell this house out from under you.. You go fight for your rights Richard.. You should & I sure hope will have this under toe before long.. Huggss & FYI my cats say you can come to TX & bunk with them..:D

Pinot's Mom
09-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Richard, you can come to my house, but you have to become a Ravens fan!;)

pomtzu
09-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Richard, you can come to my house, but you have to become a Ravens fan!;)

Richard - take her up on it, even if she has thrown in this one little stipulation. Her house is to die for......:D

cassiesmom
09-14-2010, 02:00 PM
:) They cant just sell this house out from under you... Huggss & FYI my cats say you can come to TX & bunk with them..:D

Right!

Hey, I've always wanted to live in California. If push comes to shove I'll buy it and then Cassie and I can live in your garage.

RICHARD
09-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Right!

Hey, I've always wanted to live in California. If push comes to shove I'll buy it and then Cassie and I can live in your garage.

LOL, DONE!

I woke up this morning and wrote a letter to the court explaining that I was never notified about the case decision, the hijinks my brother pulled and all the money that is missing. I also asked that the sale of the houses be delayed until the situation w/my brother was resolved, then I asked that the real estate company be removed from the sale because the have acted unprofessionally and didn't let me know anything about who they were and why the sale would be done in 21 days.

They never returned a phone call and instead sent a form letter that was kind of threatening in tone.

Wish me luck.

I know you prayers will do me well and they have helped my get a little backbone.

:love: you all.

lbaker
09-14-2010, 02:43 PM
:love::love::love: Love you back RICHARD. Family is the reason goD gave us friends Whenever any of us have needed a friend there is always another one us to jump in first, ask questions later.

Laurie

Karen
09-14-2010, 04:13 PM
LOL, DONE!

Good job, prayers still be sent your way!

lvpets2002
09-14-2010, 04:19 PM
:) Yes well put & I so agree.. Huggss Richard

:love::love::love: Love you back RICHARD. Family is the reason goD gave us friends Whenever any of us have needed a friend there is always another one us to jump in first, ask questions later.

Laurie

lizbud
09-14-2010, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=RICHARD;2298404]LOL, DONE!

I woke up this morning and wrote a letter to the court explaining that I was never notified about the case decision, the hijinks my brother pulled and all the money that is missing. I also asked that the sale of the houses be delayed until the situation w/my brother was resolved, then I asked that the real estate company be removed from the sale because the have acted unprofessionally and didn't let me know anything about who they were and why the sale would be done in 21 days.

They never returned a phone call and instead sent a form letter that was kind of threatening in tone.

Wish me luck.

/QUOTE]

Wishing you all the best of luck with this Richard. Prayers are being said
as well, BUT a GOOD Attorney is worth their weight in gold. If the one you
are using doesn't seem to be working out, I wouldn't hesitate to find a
better one & quickly.

Cinder & Smoke
09-14-2010, 09:45 PM
I woke up this morning and wrote a letter to the court
explaining that I was never notified about the case decision,
the hijinks my brother pulled and all the money that is missing.

I also asked that the sale of the houses be delayed until the situation w/my brother was resolved,
then I asked that the real estate company be removed from the sale because the have acted unprofessionally and didn't let me know anything about who they were and why the sale would be done in 21 days.

Wish me luck.

RICHARD ~

You need more than Luck - You need a new ATTORNEY and Right NOW!

Your Letter:
Most Courts have strict rules forbidding ANY Court employee, officer or
clerk from ever reading any correspondence sent by a litigant or any civilian.
The chances of your letter ever being read or acted upon is pretty slim. :(

You only hope is to have an ATTORNEY present your argument to the Court
with the proper paperwork.

And start lining up your Siblings who agree with your plan of attack -
you'll need as many as possible who will agree and cooperate with the Attorney.

Please don't wait - you're running out of time.

:love:

phesina
09-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Dear Richard, I have no concrete advice to offer.. just sending good wishes and hopes that this all turns out for the best.

Marigold2
09-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Dearest Richard,
I have no advice although you have been given some excellent by members here. I do wish you the very best.

ChrisH
09-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Oh, Richard I am so sorry to read of your trouble. :( I only wish I could offer something tangible in the way of help/advice. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/Hugs2.gif

Prayers, positive thought & much love winging across the pond for and to you.

cassiesmom
09-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Richard... how are things today?

RICHARD
09-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks to you all, I am just a little sentimental at the moment and am trying to put my best face forward.

IT's tough and I appreciate all you notes and thoughts.
Things will work out, they always do. I have much to think about and do.

I love you all.

wombat2u2004
09-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Hang in there old mate........we're all here for you ;)

Bonny
09-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Richard, Was thinking about you at work today. Be sure you write down peoples names, phone numbers etc. Keep a calendar handy or date book (something you can put in your pocket if you need it) & write on that to keep tract of all that is going on. You may have to refer back to stuff, & if it is written down it is easier. When your under stress you can get mixed up, this idea should help keep things in order.

Queen of Poop
09-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Richard, the best I can offer is a HUGE virtual HUG!! You're in my thoughts and prayers. You and the Edster will be ok. :love:

cassiesmom
09-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Thinking of you again today, Richard (((hugs))). I like Bonny's idea of a calendar or note book.

CatsMeow
09-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Oh Richard! My thoughts and prayers fall onto you.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Aw, Richard lots and lots of prayers are on the way from me. This makes me sort of glad my stepmom took everything dad had before he died. :love:

RICHARD
09-18-2010, 08:42 AM
We have decided to sell the house.

The financial turnover was just too great for us to bear.

IT would not have been fair to me or my sibs to make an offer, had we had the familial numbers-we were looking at a three to three tie with the sibs- or had my brother and sister been more patient with what happened we would have been in better shape...

My proposal was to sell the rental, pay mom's bills split a little money and put the house in everyone's name. Had that happened anyone could have borrowed against their piece of the house if they needed cash.

With a signed note of course.

But, my sister and brother had to start freaking out after my mom died. I had not even the time to get my head out of my rear when they began to whine about MONEY AND WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WITH MOM'S BILLS.

I didn't even have a minute to mourn when the poop started.

-------------------------------

All in all? I was never tight with a few members of my family and I know that if they had put all THEIR pettiness aside we would have been a strong group of people that could have taken on the world.

I don't mourn that-I feel badly at how my sibs looked in the face of adversity.

If I was stuck in a foxhole with the other three?

I'd stab myself in the cochlea with my bayonet.:eek::o:(

---------

Ugh, I am getting an upset stomach and kinda sad....the open house is in 6 hours....

Killearn Kitties
09-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Very very best of luck with everything, Richard.
There just isn't anything I can say that will help make it better. :(

wombat2u2004
09-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Ahh mate, I'm so sorry to hear of that outcome.
Pick up your sticks and move on Richard.....put it all behind you, and the sibs to......they ain't worth knowing.
Just remember that you tried your best to get the family to agree on something that would be beneficial to you all in the long run, and not as they have done by selecting the short run to grab what they can now.

If it's any consolation mate.......it ain't that hard to get rid of people like that out of your life.....I got rid of my sibs years ago, and I'm a much better man because of it......family politics are hurtful and mean....you don't need that in your life old mate.....life is too short.

If there is anything I can do.....just PM me...k ??? ;)
Wom

Cinder & Smoke
09-18-2010, 10:01 AM
We have decided to sell the house.

The financial turnover was just too great for us to bear.

:(
Sorry to hear things aren't working out.

So, where are You, Ed, and the Kittys all headed ?

If you need a couple nickles to rub together while you find a spot ...
drop me a line ... NO strings attached. Can't have any Homeless Kittys! ;)

{{{Hugs}}} :love:

Pinot's Mom
09-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Richard, as others have said, please let me know if there's anything I can do. I don't know what, but I just feel I should be doing SOMETHING. Please keep us updated, we care a whole lot about you! :love:

RICHARD
09-18-2010, 10:14 AM
There just isn't anything I can say that will help make it better. :(

There is a ticket to Scotland waiting for me at LAX?;)

If it's any consolation mate.......it ain't that hard to get rid of people like that out of your life.....I got rid of my sibs years ago, and I'm a much better man because of it......family politics are hurtful and mean....you don't need that in your life old mate.....life is too short.

If there is anything I can do.....just PM me...k ??? ;)
Wom

Yes, sir!

You cannot take the 'blood' out of your veins.:(;)

---------------------

My dearest sister said something to my brother-they are part of the opposing force-that made me laugh.

She confided to my brother that I would freak out and commit suicide.:D;)

My Dear Sis was so compassionate that she never came to the house to say goodbye to my mom for the two months she was at home.

As a matter of fact? I was with Ma up until the few hours before she died.
She was comatose and we had to wet her lips with a swab so her mouth would not dry out.

When she felt the pressure of the sponge she would try to suck the moisture out of it.

I felt an overwhelming sadness as I did so. I thought how she may have done the same thing for/to me as I was growing up. With a warm breast or a cool cup of water?

I spoke to her at that time and told her that I knew she was tired, she was in pain and it was O.K. for her to go.

Not that I am any giver of life or death, but I wanted the best for her.

No pain, no suffering and no sorrow.

That really released me from having to mourn for her.

I got to be there and I was able to talk to her for one last time.

I went to sleep to rest and a few hours later they woke me up to tell me that she had passed.

I felt not pain, but I small sense of relief and a smaller twinge of what would come to pass.

In the almost two years I have thought about her and her stubborness in not making a will or administrating to her estate?

But, we all want to live forever, so I see her point.

------------

I have wanted to run away from all this mess, but staying and putting the best foot forward is what I have to do.

I have 5 sibs an NOT ONE offered to be here today to see how this open house would go.

No one called, no one asked and one of my sibs is going to Disneyland today.

Really.

So,
My cochlea won't suffer any damage in the near future.

I'll need it to hear the complaints the will have down the road when they complain about the "way I screwed them out of the -------- they wanted from her house".

To be totally mean?

Eff them and the horse that carried their sorry arses into the arena.

I don't have to worry about riding in that rodeo.

I had to take the bull by the horns.;)

Killearn Kitties
09-18-2010, 11:11 AM

The temperature is starting to drop at night. Better bring every warm item of clothing you possess, you Californian you.

Catty1
09-18-2010, 11:18 AM
RICHARD - it seems to me you have your own house next to your mom's, right? Will you be ok in that regard?

You can choose your friends, but your relatives are wished on you. Hopefully this sale will take the nasty family members out of your life, and you will enjoy some freedom there.

HUGS.:love::love:

RICHARD
09-18-2010, 11:52 AM
RICHARD - it seems to me you have your own house next to your mom's, right? Will you be ok in that regard?

You can choose your friends, but your relatives are wished on you. Hopefully this sale will take the nasty family members out of your life, and you will enjoy some freedom there.

HUGS.:love::love:

It's a guest house on the property.

The funny thing about it? On the zoning plan, it's listed as a 2+1. The GH is attached to a one car garage/ workshop. So, technically it does not exist.

I am hoping that will cause bidding war and jack the price up.

I can only hope.

I plan on using my money to find a place in the hills for a year and relax.

I want to write get away from family and everything. I want to sleep for a week, eat when I want and relax with a huge white cat.

I want to take all my children but it's not possible, unless I win the lotto.

:D

---------------

I am not looking at the settlement as a reward. I find it sad and plan to use it wisely.

I have asked the two sibs on my side to try and help out with the moving and throwing away all the shiat in the house but they just really do not have time for me.

The one sib going to Disneyland?

I have to laugh because he attends many events-next month he plans on going to a hockey game in Las Vegas, yet he's filed bankruptcy.

He also parked a car in the driveway for one month because it was not running and he was given a ticket on it.

I never said one word about the week that turned into a month, yet when I asked him to let me park my truck in his driveway for one week so I could get a dumpster in to clean out the back yard?

No, impossible.

I was talking to a friend and stated the fact that I wanted to to write a letter to everyone about how I felt.

--------

Before Ma died we were trying to get a lawyer in to get her to do a will,
It was going to cost us about 2k and I called my sis to tell her about it.

Had we all pitched in it would have been doable.......After I called her and told her the cost and asked what we should do, she stopped and took a few seconds then asked me what I wanted from her.

She thought I was going to say money, but I said, "How's about a little support?"

She flipped out and ended the convo a few seconds later.

LOL, I really want to be blunt and calculating about this.

But, it's better they deal with a conscience than my big mouth-that way they can get the truth faster that way.;)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Are houses selling there in CA? They aren't here. They have resorted to auctioning off some of them to get rid of them. Maybe they won't sell right away and you will have time to get your bearings.

I know sort of what you are going through. When the house I was living in in 2005 got condemmed, I had to move and fast. I had no money and no where to go where I could take my cats. I wouldn't go without them. I was facing being homeless and was terrified. I was so lucky that my brother bought this house for me.

Maybe God is sifting the unneeded people out of your life and is going to move you some place much much better. I have to believe there is going to be something good come from this. I know it doesn't seem like it now. Hang on Pal! We are all here for you. :love:

RICHARD
09-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Maybe God is sifting the unneeded people out of your life and is going to move you some place much much better. I have to believe there is going to be something good come from this. I know it doesn't seem like it now. Hang on Pal! We are all here for you. :love:

Check this out......

IT's a probate auction, so people will be looking for a break in the price.

So if no one buys it the company will pick it up and it's their problem.

The court has set a lower bid limit for each house, I calculated the 'settement' for a lower, mid and high end bid.

So, I know what my options are as far as living on the money for a while.

----------

MY parents made and lost money on the purchase of both houses,

The rental is worth three times the value from it's original purchase price - at the height of the market? 12 times the PP.

:rolleyes::eek::o

-------------

I am sitting here with my best friends waiting to see what happens...

Who needs family.

I'm not going to cry a river anytime soon.;)

Catty1
09-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Too bad you can't rent it out...

I hope someone can humanely trap your little frens so they can go to a safe home and be adopted out.

Prayers and hugs, mon.

Husky_mom
09-18-2010, 12:32 PM
dude... Iīm really sorry....

makes you wonder why canīt friends be family.. and family more like friends...

we sure got your back here... if you need anything... ANYTHING.. let us know..

I bet many of us across the globe are more than willing to help you out ;) just say the words..

((hugs))

RICHARD
09-18-2010, 12:40 PM
dude... Iīm really sorry....

makes you wonder why canīt friends be family.. and family more like friends...

we sure got your back here... if you need anything... ANYTHING.. let us know..

I bet many of us across the globe are more than willing to help you out ;) just say the words..

((hugs))

When I come back from Scotland, can I go stay with you, Sister?

It's sad that family cannot be family, but such a relief and a godsend when your friends can step in to fill that void.

Husky_mom
09-18-2010, 12:47 PM
can I go stay with you, Sister?

you donīt even need to ask.. just drop by anytime.. kitties and all ;)

and I really mean it... weīve got the room

momoffuzzyfaces
09-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Just don't let them take your computer. We have to keep track of you. If nothing else we can get a really really really really long extension cord and you can power it up from my house. ;) :love:

Freedom
09-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Richard, gosh I just can't imagine, and don't know what to say.

Is it time to get some help in trapping and rehoming your lil frens?

rosethecopycat
09-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Richard-

Things will work out. Think of it as a door opening, not closing.
It may not work out the way you've imagined it, it might just be better.

Prayers for you, my friend.
:love::love::love:

wombat2u2004
09-18-2010, 10:55 PM

Mate, you'll have to take some dresses with you. I've heard that the men in Scotland wear dresses. Try and get one with checks on it. :D

And yeah....I agree with MOFF on this one.....someone up above is saying "Start afresh old mate" ;)

RICHARD
09-19-2010, 12:51 AM
Mate, you'll have to take some dresses with you. I've heard that the men in Scotland wear dresses. Try and get one with checks on it. :D

And yeah....I agree with MOFF on this one.....someone up above is saying "Start afresh old mate" ;)

I have met KK.:)

She knows I am of the Clan Mc Crazy.;)

Checkered dresses. I do have legs for somthing like that.:p

I may get hit with a Get Lost, we are full! sign at the airport.

wombat2u2004
09-19-2010, 01:11 AM
She knows I am of the Clan Mc Crazy.;)

Hey....are they related to the Clan McWombat ???? :)

RICHARD
09-19-2010, 02:20 AM
Hey....are they related to the Clan McWombat ???? :)

Well, only one way to find out.

Shake the family tree and watch the nuts fall?

http://www.makeyourcoatofarms.com/app.asp

momoffuzzyfaces
09-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Just think, by this time next year this will be in your rear view mirror and you can relax. :love:

cassiesmom
09-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Shake the family tree and watch the nuts fall?

When you are done, come and shake mine! I'm sure it will be good for lots o f laughs!

(((HUGS))) for you on Sunday

Catty1
09-19-2010, 08:20 PM
RICHARD, when you figure out where you are going, and if you want to take your lil frens with you, I am sure we can get something together to make that happen.

Spay/Neuter and release is one option...but heck, who will look out for them? I know you have bigger fish to fry right now, but hopefully a plan can be worked out.

Cinder & Smoke
09-19-2010, 09:38 PM
RICHARD, when you figure out where you are going,
and if you want to take your lil frens with you,
I am sure we can get something together to make that happen.

Fur Sure we can get the Lil Ones taken care of!

How MANY 'lil frens' are there in addition to the Big Kid, Ed?

Daisy and Delilah
09-19-2010, 10:07 PM
I am just seeing this thread, Richard. I am so sorry. I haven't read the whole thing. All I need to know is that you are in a turmoil and to tell you that thoughts and prayers are coming from me to you by the truckload.
It devastates me to know you are so upset.:( I wish I could help.
{{{{{RICHARD}}}}}

RICHARD
09-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Fur Sure we can get the Lil Ones taken care of!

How MANY 'lil frens' are there in addition to the Big Kid, Ed?

9 at the moment, w/o ED.

I had three fixed and more showed up.....they multiply way too quickly, I am thinking of all options.

Catty1
09-20-2010, 12:58 PM
How many PTrs live close to you? Time to herd some cats? :):love:

More hugs to you!:)

Cinder & Smoke
09-20-2010, 02:21 PM
?? How many 'lil frens' are there ?? >>

9 at the moment, w/o ED.

I had three fixed and more showed up.....
they multiply way too quickly ...

:eek:

You need to patrol the fence line better ...
There's GOTTA be a big hole with a Katz Welcome Sign tacked up beside it!

You'll need to start identifying the Keepers from the wanna-bees ...
and find a local shelter that will take in the "excess" Kittys.

Where do we send the "RICHARD, ED, and Frens Rescue Fund" money to?

;)

phesina
09-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Where do we send the "RICHARD, ED, and Frens Rescue Fund" money to?

;)

I'll contribute!

RICHARD
09-20-2010, 03:32 PM
OMG,

Thinking about my little frens has broken my heart.

I got 4 of them spayed and neutered, but just did not have the money to do the rest.

THere is only one that I will keep:(

I think Toonces is it.

I have sent an email to a C.A.R.E. to see it they will take them with a promise of any donations you may want to give me, to go to them so they can care for my little buddies.

I also promised to donate money when I get my settlement so they can recoup some of the costs to have the rest fixed.

--------------

I probably could use some money at the moment, but my immediate thoughts are for the 'Katz'. They didn't ask for this and I do not want to do them wrong.

Only one is really feral and is a really monster. The rest are a little more friendly and I would have no problem caging them.

I never ever thought that I would entertain the thought of taking money from anyone on the site and I thank you all for thinking about me and kids.

But, it's them first.

I just sent the email today and hope to hear from them soon.

God bless you all,

I can't tell you what you guys mean to me.:):love:

Pinot's Mom
09-20-2010, 04:45 PM
I'll contribute!

I'm In - I think I have your address from the Christmas list - is that still accurate?

Medusa
09-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Richard, I've been out of town for 4 days so I'm rather behind on what's happening. If contributions are being made towards the kitties or you, I'll be happy to chip in. Is your address the same? I don't want to sound too Hallmarky but whatever life throws at you, remember to keep the faythe, my friend. :love:

RICHARD
09-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Please dont send anything yet.

I want to hear from the pet rescue first and have them taken in BEFORE anything else.

I would much rather have them taken care of and any money sent to the rescue that takes them in.

My situation is in flux and I an not sure of where I am going. I'll know more later this week and will post request in the General section when I do.

Thanks to you all again.

Catherinedana
09-21-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm in. . .your big heart is the reason why you have a yardful-a kitties.

Family is a drag. . .my sisters are incredible nuts and I have decided that the less to do with them the better. They are so self-righteous and unpredictable. Anyone else in the world treated me like that I would dump them in a minute, why should I take it from them because they are family? So you are totally not alone with the family thing. Looks like a common issue, doesn't it? Sad. . .

Sorry I'm only just catching up now but things have been so very busy. . .You're my favorite internet wildman and I'm here to help if I can.

:love: Cathy

slick
09-21-2010, 07:31 PM
I've emailed you, bro. :love::love::love:

gini
09-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Richard has gotten quiet - I hope that he is alright.

lvpets2002
09-23-2010, 12:32 PM
:) Hey Richard I am in for to help you out in any way can.. Just let us know what is going on so far ok..

RICHARD
09-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Hey,

Just have a lot of work to do.

My main concern now, it seems it changes daily, is to clean out and toss out what is not needed.

My main concern now is to
Rehome the kitties,
get a storage area for my stuff and car
Find a place to live for a few months.

LOL< I am a month away the deadline for to out of the house.

The auction is on Saturday and the court date for what I believe is my last day here is Oct 22.

I will post a little later on about what ELSE I need to address.

IT overwhelming but I know I can do it....it's just daunting and I need to think aobut how I can pull this off,

Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts!

lbaker
09-23-2010, 01:02 PM
RICHARD, we hope we are not the "Last resort" but rather, we wish to be your first thought when it comes to "what now, who can turn to, what to do...??" It always feels good to help a friend.......

:love: Laurie

Daisy and Delilah
09-24-2010, 02:06 PM
RICHARD, we hope we are not the "Last resort" but rather, we wish to be your first thought when it comes to "what now, who can turn to, what to do...??" It always feels good to help a friend.......

:love: Laurie

Well said and I agree!!!

RICHARD
09-24-2010, 03:10 PM
This morning I read about what Isabel is going thru and realized that I have no real problems.

My heart is heavy from what I have to face in the next few weeks, but I have no place to complain compared to the pain she must have in her heart.

I do not understand why something like that should happen to someone so young with so many wonderful things ahead in life.

I really do not have anything to complain about.

My heart is broken.:(

lvpets2002
09-24-2010, 03:30 PM
:love: Awee Richard your such the Dearest of all.. I so aggree.. Not only is Isabel going thru a great loss of her Husband Soul Mate is that remember she is also 4 months Pregnant with their second child & also has 7 yr old son too.. She has a rough road to climb.. However with talking to her I have determined she is a very strong women & she has plenty of family to help her in this time.. My Heart just aches for her too.. Huggss Richard..

This morning I read about what Isabel is going thru and realized that I have no real problems.

My heart is heavy from what I have to face in the next few weeks, but I have no place to complain compared to the pain she must have in her heart.

I do not understand why something like that should happen to someone so young with so many wonderful things ahead in life.

cassiesmom
10-06-2010, 04:19 PM

My heart aches for both of you :(
How are you?

RICHARD
10-06-2010, 06:44 PM
My heart aches for both of you :(
How are you?

lolo, the cleaning never stops.;)

Laura's Babies
10-06-2010, 10:14 PM
So you are cleaning? You also cook don't you? .. and I know you have a sense of humor... also have a cat.... sounds like a prefect man to me! :D

Daisy and Delilah
10-06-2010, 11:27 PM
So you are cleaning? You also cook don't you? .. and I know you have a sense of humor... also have a cat.... sounds like a prefect man to me! :D

He is also a super nice guy. What more does a woman need? :)

wombat2u2004
10-07-2010, 03:22 AM
Do I hear wedding bells chiming somewhere ???? :p:p

lvpets2002
10-07-2010, 09:00 AM
:p Now thats a good laugh Wom.. Richard getting Married.. No I dont think so == Wom he is having to move.. Ok I think thats why he is cleaning so much..:D Richard come & defend yourself here..

Do I hear wedding bells chiming somewhere ???? :p:p

cassiesmom
10-07-2010, 11:53 AM
So you are cleaning? You also cook don't you? .. and I know you have a sense of humor... also have a cat.... sounds like a perfect man to me! :D

Me too!

RICHARD
10-07-2010, 05:25 PM
LOL, If I was perfect?

I'd have money.;)

I am just trying to get things squared away here.

I am turning my frustration to use by using it to clean and throw stuff out, I have a huge bug up my rear at the moment and am using it to for the good of mankind.;)

When this is over I am going to sleep for a month.:rolleyes::eek::cool:

Daisy and Delilah
10-08-2010, 10:24 AM
It doesn't take money to make a woman happy. You're such a good guy, money not necessary!! :)

cassiesmom
10-08-2010, 12:02 PM
I am just trying to get things squared away here.

I am turning my frustration to use by using it to clean and throw stuff out

Oh, Richard, when you are done would you mind doing that at my house? :eek:

Seriously I just wanted to let you know you are on my mind again today (Friday morning).

lvpets2002
10-08-2010, 12:11 PM
:) Same here & all paws crossed for ya Richard..

Oh, Richard, when you are done would you mind doing that at my house? :eek:

Seriously I just wanted to let you know you are on my mind again today (Friday morning).

Lilith Cherry
10-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Still thinking of you Richard and you dont need money to be a great guy -- just a good heart and a sense of humour which you definitely have!:)

wombat2u2004
10-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Still thinking of you Richard and you dont need money to be a great guy -- just a good heart and a sense of humour which you definitely have!:)

Thats right !!!! Ya perfect the way you are mate ;)

gini
10-09-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm going to tell a little story about Richard just to verify that his sense of humor is beyond perfection.

A few years back when I held the Pet Talk BBQ, Slick had flown down from
Canada early to help and Richard came to my home. We had a lot of shopping to do to prepare for the BBQ. We were headed to a warehouse type store called Smart and Final.They sell food and paper goods etc.

When Slick asked Richard what kind of a store it was...........Richard promptly replied with a very straight face that it was a FUNERAL HOME.

Smart and Final -=== groan!!!!

You understand that this is just ONE of the many stories that could be told -

Catty1
10-09-2010, 11:12 AM
gini, how much will it cost to hear the rest? Inquiring minds here could all chip in! :D

RICHARD
10-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Ms G is being kind to me.

I think there were times that I really was not funny and Saint G put up with me just to be polite.

Slick was/is an instigator.....;)

---------

I do love all you guys, twice as much as you love me......:love:

---------

Smart and Final.....I still remember that joke...and cringe!;):eek::rolleyes:

cassiesmom
10-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Hope you had a good weekend, Richard. Thinking of you again today... elyse

RICHARD
10-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Hope you had a good weekend, Richard. Thinking of you again today... elyse

I amn muddling thru everything,
My bak is better nd I am doing indoor work until I feel better. I guess I will survive!?!:D

Thanks for the good thoughts.:D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Everyday that passes brings you closer to the day the mess will all be over!!! :love:

Catherinedana
10-12-2010, 12:53 PM
I amn muddling thru everything,
My bak is better nd I am doing indoor work until I feel better. I guess I will survive!?!:D

Thanks for the good thoughts.:D

Your typing hasn't improved, though. . . :D

RICHARD
10-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Your typing hasn't improved, though. . . :D

LOLOLOLOL,

I was trying to type and sit comfortably. Plus I had my 'stupid' glasses on.:confused::o

robinh
10-12-2010, 06:29 PM
You have a pair of those too? I thought I had the only pair. :D

RICHARD
10-12-2010, 07:04 PM
You have a pair of those too? I thought I had the only pair. :D

I have a pair of prescription glasses but am too scared to use them all the time.

I lose them on the top of my head and sit on them so I have an extra pair of stupid glasses......

Sometimes they are better than the 3D kind you get at the theater!:eek:;)

RICHARD
10-15-2010, 04:28 PM
So here's the latest gossip on the 'home front'?:)

Last night called the city to pickup some matress and a couch. They have a great service where you can put large house items on the curb and they send a truck to pick them up, along with the trash on trash day.

My brother came by to help me carry my items to the curb about dusk.

When he came in he told me that he saw my other brother and his wife pull up to the house in his truck his wife then got out to look inside the trash cans!:confused::rolleyes:

I was pretty surprised and wondered what would possibly compel them to do so.....

--------------

Then this morning, the same brother was sent a text message that my older sister called my younger sis because she wanted to talk to her.

Mind you, This is the same sister (older) that wanted nothing to do with executing the estate, but now that the hearing is next week she wants to come to the table and talk?

I wonder if it's money or her conscience that prompted her to call?

--------------
Everyone is starting to come out of the woodworks here during the 11th hour.
I get the feeing that everyone is going to start to cry about what they want from the house and I wish they had a little more sense and not acted like jackholes from the start.

No matter what happens I am going to be branded the 'bad guy' for doing all that I have done.

The next week should be interesting.:rolleyes:;)

lvpets2002
10-15-2010, 04:33 PM
:) Well you know Richard I know you can handle it all very well.. You have done a great job so far.. You have kept your cool more than I would have.. Just buy you one of those Clown Glasses with the Hairdo & Bigg Nose & Show Up at the Hearing that way.. Just to see the looks on their faces should be priceless.. :p Well Best of Luck & it will all work out ok in the long run.. :cool:

Bonny
10-15-2010, 04:46 PM
So here's the latest gossip on the 'home front'?:)

Last night called the city to pickup some matress and a couch. They have a great service where you can put large house items on the curb and they send a truck to pick them up, along with the trash on trash day.

My brother came by to help me carry my items to the curb about dusk.

When he came in he told me that he saw my other brother and his wife pull up to the house in his truck his wife then got out to look inside the trash cans!:confused::rolleyes:

I was pretty surprised and wondered what would possibly compel them to do so.....

--------------

Then this morning, the same brother was sent a text message that my older sister called my younger sis because she wanted to talk to her.

Mind you, This is the same sister (older) that wanted nothing to do with executing the estate, but now that the hearing is next week she wants to come to the table and talk?

I wonder if it's money or her conscience that prompted her to call?

--------------
I get the feeing that everyone is going to start to cry about what they want from the house and I wish they had a little more sense and not acted like jackholes from the start.

No matter what happens I am going to be branded the 'bad guy' for doing all that I have done.

Richard, Is any of the contents in the house your dad or moms? If so maybe that is why they are looking? If so maybe they will want to sell it & get more money out of it? It could be part of the estate & probate? Just a thought.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-15-2010, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=RICHARD;2305825]

--------------

Maybe they were just checking to see that you didn't throw out something they could sell for a buck or two. At least that's what my 'steps' would have done. GL at the hearing!!! :love:

cassiesmom
10-15-2010, 05:27 PM
LOLOLOLOL,

I was trying to type and sit comfortably. Plus I had my 'stupid' glasses on.:confused::o

Gosh, I've got a pair of those... every time I put them on I start making stupid mistakes :rolleyes:

Karen
10-15-2010, 07:11 PM

It isn't like they have offered to help clean it out - if they did, they'd have the first pick of "treasures" ... everyone knows that!

phesina
10-15-2010, 07:26 PM
RICHARD, you have done EVERYTHING RIGHT here.. (in fact, you're the one who has done everything, period!).

Let these idiots come and scout out the leavings.. and show up at the hearing..

Just smile and don't say a thing.

I really like Helene's idea of you wearing a set of Clown glasses with the big nose and hairdo to the hearing!

Don't say a word. Just keep smiling. :D;):p

Karen
10-15-2010, 07:32 PM
I have a pair of prescription glasses but am too scared to use them all the time.

I lose them on the top of my head and sit on them so I have an extra pair of stupid glasses......

Sometimes they are better than the 3D kind you get at the theater!:eek:;)

http://ZenniOptical.com my friend! Prescription glasses for cheap! As little as $8 if you have a simple* prescription!

*not like mine! I pay a bit extra because I am so blind and astigmatic as well! But I still got a good set of glasses for $24 total, instead of $400+ which is what I paid before, and that was with coupons and on sale!

Daisy and Delilah
10-15-2010, 09:35 PM
RICHARD, you have done EVERYTHING RIGHT here.. (in fact, you're the one who has done everything, period!).

Let these idiots come and scout out the leavings.. and show up at the hearing..

Just smile and don't say a thing.

I really like Helene's idea of you wearing a set of Clown glasses with the big nose and hairdo to the hearing!

Don't say a word. Just keep smiling. :D;):p

I agree. Couldn't have said it better!! :D

wombat2u2004
10-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Let me know if they are coming back Richard....I can send you some real good boobytrap ideas :p

RICHARD
10-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Let me know if they are coming back Richard....I can send you some real good boobytrap ideas :p

I am just going to tape a note to the inside of the trashcans telling them "Is this what you are reduced to?"

The Street and Maintenance division frowns on diggin up the rarmac for punji pit placement?;)

lvpets2002
10-19-2010, 12:49 PM
:p There ya go Richard & you have the right idea.. Laughing my butt off here..:D

I am just going to tape a note to the inside of the trashcans telling them "Is this what you are reduced to?"

The Street and Maintenance division frowns on diggin up the rarmac for punji pit placement?;)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-19-2010, 03:11 PM
You need to rig the lid it so it laughs histerically when they lift the lid off!!! :D BWAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAA!!! :D
Of course, that may scare the crap out of your trash collector.

wombat2u2004
10-20-2010, 06:56 PM

Hee hee....what about a dollar note thats been rubbed with poison ivy, placed carefully on the bin lid ???
Take advantage of their greed mate. ;)

RICHARD
10-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Hee hee....what about a dollar note thats been rubbed with poison ivy, placed carefully on the bin lid ???
Take advantage of their greed mate. ;)

I put out the trash late this time!

----------------------

Update!

Yesterday was a 'continue the case' day in court.

I still do not know when I will have to move, but I am not going anywhere until Nov. 30 at the least.

I am not going to kill myself cleaning up the house/yard for a deadline I know nothing about...so, I am making up my own.

Wow, I am tired and want to sleep for a week, I can't afford it now....LOL, I wake up every few hours to add another chore to the list.;)

-------

Thanks to everyone who is following this thread. I only thought this happened in the movies.:rolleyes::confused:;)

anna_66
10-24-2010, 06:48 AM

I lose them on the top of my head and sit on them

Ok sorry, but this little tid bit cracked me up! What are you doing sitting on your head;):p:D

Sleep a little and let the chores go for a bit. They'll still be there when you wake up.

Love you Richard:love:

Daisy and Delilah
10-24-2010, 11:55 AM
I agree with Anna, Richard. Take time for yourself for a change. Rest well!! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-24-2010, 12:09 PM
For sure!!! If you are sitting on your own head, a little R&R is in order!!! :eek::D:love:

RICHARD
10-24-2010, 12:31 PM
LOl,

I meant that I put them on my head, they fall off when I go to sit down and THEN I sit on them.;)

IF if I do sit on my head, I see life the way Wom see it.:eek:;)

wombat2u2004
10-24-2010, 09:17 PM
IF if I do sit on my head, I see life the way Wom see it.:eek:;)

It's got it's advantages mate.
All of our women wear skirts.
So being upside down is a mans paradise here. :D:D

jennielynn1970
10-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Keeping you in my thoughts, Richard. I was very close to foreclosing about a year back, so I know how it feels to lose/almost lose your house. I thankfully got help from my parents, so I am still in my house, but I know that disaster can be around the corner for me and my lack of budgeting.

I know your issue is not like mine, but I know the feeling of losing my house.

RICHARD
11-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks everyone.

I have been kinda busy, Most of the hard work is done.

I just need time to do it.
Otherwise? Everything is pretty much quiet on the Western Front?:cool:

RICHARD
11-11-2010, 02:09 PM
A little update?

The house still has not been sold.

Another buyer put a bid in...Good, but now?

There are people that come to the gate and look at the house.

At first? I went out to tell them that the house was to have been sold at the auction.....But, I do that at the risk of not getting more people to make a post auction bid.:eek:

So, I decided to ignore them after this incident.

I heard someone at the gate and looked out the window to see a man trying to get into the yard.

This was on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. I was getting ready to jump into the shower because a friend was going to take me out for my B-day.

I tell the guy that the house may be sold and he stops me to tell me that he is a real estate agent and wants to show the house for a potential buyer.

I told him I could not do it at this moment, but I could let him in on the following Satuday......Name the time.

THe said he was meeting the clients at 4 p.m. and wanted to do it today. I sair, 'no' and he persisted.

He handed me his card and mentioned that he knew my dad. He thought that maybe that would sway me. He also told me that selling the house this way would make me more money thru the court.

I told him, "nope" again and he went away a little ticked.

--------

I was ticked off.

First of all, I do not remember this guy and IF he knew my dad, He hadn't spoke to him in YEARS.

So, all of a sudden he shows up with the hope of a little money to be made?

I was very irritated about the pushy-ness that this guy and the attitude-he wanted to show the house NOW.

--------

Two days ago a woman and a small child were at the fence and I heard the little girl yell, "I don't like this house..." \

I was tempted to yell, THE HOUSE DON'T LIKE YOU!!!!;)

smokey the elder
11-11-2010, 03:09 PM
I would have said, "I didn't buy it for YOU!"

momoffuzzyfaces
11-11-2010, 03:48 PM
You should have told that agent that only the courts have the authority to sell the house and who to, because of the litigation over the property rights.

cassiesmom
11-11-2010, 04:12 PM
I heard someone at the gate and looked out the window to see a man trying to get into the yard.

This was on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. I was getting ready to jump into the shower because a friend was going to take me out for my B-day.

I tell the guy that the house may be sold and he stops me to tell me that he is a real estate agent and wants to show the house for a potential buyer.

I told him I could not do it at this moment, but I could let him in on the following Satuday......Name the time.

THe said he was meeting the clients at 4 p.m. and wanted to do it today. I sair, 'no' and he persisted.

Isn't there a protocol for agents to follow when they wish to show a seller's house? (i.e., making an appointment with the seller by telephone before stopping by :mad:)

RICHARD
11-28-2010, 05:33 PM
An update?

I got paperwork in the mail saying that the house was sold.

Sadly, the price at the auction is the price that was taken, but, on the day of court they will see if there is another bid on the house.

As it was explained to me, there will be a second 'auction' on the 17th (the next court date) to allow bidders to make an 'overbid' on the property, so if there is a 'bid war' that will mean the price will go up.

In the days since the auction, I have seen about 7 different people coming to the front gate to see the property, so that may bode well for us.

As of now? I would like to see someone make the over bid. that will give me a few more weeks in the house and more time to clean things out.

I start out with a heavy heart and become distracted at the task at hand.

I marvel at the 'treasures' and things that I have discovered about my parents, family, history and items inside and around the property.

There are times that I look at different places and see things that make me laugh and cringe.

There is the baseball diamond we painted on the asphalt in the back yard.

There is the concrete step with the chip knocked out of it on the back porch and the baseball dent on the siding of the house. There are spots in the yard where some really fun and dumb things have happened...

I think about who will come to live in 'my' house and wonder if they will ever know about all the smiles and heartbreaks this home has seen.

----------------------

I would like to see someone make a higher bid on the house.

Not for the money, it's not about making money, somehow I feel a small pang of guilt-I don't think my parents worked so hard to let their investments go for way under the value of the blood, sweat and tears they put into them. I just want a few more days in the house I grew up in.

Half of the sibs wanted to keep the house as an investment. They other half have looked at it as just an opportunity to benefit from the sale.

They say blood is thicker than water?

Not when there is money involved?;)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-28-2010, 05:41 PM
I totally understand, Richard. That's why I live in the house I do. It's in the neighborhood I mostly grew up in. My grandmothers former house is right across the alley. I can sit on my back porch and almost see her waving at me from her back door. The house my aunt and uncle and 4 of my cousins lived in is just a block over. I may not be able to go home again, but I got as close as I could. :love:

mrspunkysmom
11-28-2010, 05:55 PM
My youngest brother has the house we grew up in. The other brother and I didn't care for it but didn't want it to go to strangers. We each got something through survivorships. Joe and I decided which of her stuff could go to whom. Only bad part was that John just took her jewelry and photos without permission. ARGH! I was the executrix, but let Joe handle it. I was satisfied with stuff as it was, so the rest didn't matter. Out of state is just too far to deal with that stuff.

I do sympathize, Richard.

When I retire, I am considering moving back home and I will try to find a place near my brother Joe.

lizbud
11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
I would like to see someone make a higher bid on the house.

Not for the money, it's not about making money, somehow I feel a small pang of guilt-I don't think my parents worked so hard to let their investments go for way under the value of the blood, sweat and tears they put into them. I just want a few more days in the house I grew up in.

Richard, Your parents are long past caring about the house now. They
must have wanted you & your siblings to be happy & cared for while you
were all living there and it sounds like you did have happy times there.:)

Do you have a new place lined up yet? Moving is hard, I know, but don't
wait until you are forced to do it on somebody else's timetable.You won't
lose the good memories, just pack them up with your stuff before you go.

RICHARD
11-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Richard, Your parents are long past caring about the house now. They
must have wanted you & your siblings to be happy & cared for while you
were all living there and it sounds like you did have happy times there.:)

Do you have a new place lined up yet? Moving is hard, I know, but don't
wait until you are forced to do it on somebody else's timetable.You won't
lose the good memories, just pack them up with your stuff before you go.

Thanks for the advice.:)

I am going to ask for 30 days after the court date, if not at least until the end of the year. I have also thought about 'squatting' until at least the last half of January.;)

I do have a place to go and am excited about it. It's a huge, long move and I am waiting to 'make it official'. I do not want to jinx myself! If I am allowed to stay until then (Jan 17) I just have to find a temp place for a week, then I can make the move.

Thanks again.:D

lizbud
11-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the advice.:)

I am going to ask for 30 days after the court date, if not at least until the end of the year. I have also thought about 'squatting' until at least the last half of January.;)

I do have a place to go and am excited about it. It's a huge, long move and I am waiting to 'make it official'. I do not want to jinx myself! If I am allowed to stay until then (Jan 17) I just have to find a temp place for a week, then I can make the move.

Thanks again.:D

Since I'm a old fart & now retired, advice is about all I have to give.:)

Sounds like you do have a plan & I hope this all works out for you & Ed. :)

caseysmom
11-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Richard your a sentimental soul like myself. Hang on to a few things that remind you of your parents. It will be enough after the wounds heal. I have a few things around the house that make me smile, my sister would cringe to have them in her perfect home:(

DJFyrewolf36
11-30-2010, 09:01 PM
It is situations like this that make me want to pack my house with a large amount of explosives and take it all with me when I get old, then they can put a marker at the bottom of the hole.

It isn't much but at least I'll leave a lasting impression. :D

Seriously though, I hope I can teach my son someday that money isn't everything and that memories really are what life is all about. When my grandmother died, I was actually impressed with how my dad and his sister handled it. No bickering, no BS and fences were mended for the sake of making it easier on everyone...and also to respect my grandmothers memory. I hope that when the day comes that myself and my brothers have to deal with difficult things, we can be just as civil to each other.

(((HUGS))) I'm glad everything is settling down a little at least!

RICHARD
12-02-2010, 11:00 PM
OH ME DEAR LORD!!!!

Wowza!

I am so freaking giddy at the moment that I am totally out of control.

Today was a weird day.

IT was the anny of my mom's passing and I spent part of the day with my brother and sister. We went to the cemetary and spent some time there talking and 'arguing'. Not the real irritating stuff, just enough to disagree and get stuff off our chest.

We got together yesterday for my brother's birthday and talked about the rental property and the money that my brother, "M" has been collecting.

I am of the mind to let the matter rest until we go to court, but they wanted to find out exactly what was going on w/the cash.

They went to talk to the tenants to see where the cash was going-the county asked that the money be sent to them to go towards the estate.

It seems that my brother cut a deal with the renter's to send HALF the payment to the county and give him the other half 'under the table' so that they could stay on.:eek:

Not exactly a smart thing to do. Can you say "moron"?

--------

I got home and was sitting down drained from the news and spending time with the family.

I settled in and decided to watch a movie.

About 45 minutes into it I heard someone at the gate and thought, "EFF, more people looking to buy the house".

I wanted to say screw it and lay back down but something told me to get up and go out.

I saw two guys standing there and I explained the deal with the sale and there would be an post auction - auction on the 17th.

He explained he looked at the property on line and was VERY interested in making a bid.

He wanted to look at the back yard and I hesitated to show it to him.

I explained that I would give him a tour next Saturday if he wanted, but he was insistent, but in a good way.

He asked how long I had lived here and I told him off-and-on for 50 years. I explained how it went on the market and mentioned that today was the anny of my mom's death. He told me that he wanted to make a bid on the property, after he listened for a moment he stated that he wanted to "make it right" and make an offer over what the initial bid was. He then asked me if I wanted I COULD RENT IT after he purchased it.:eek

I was going to plan on moving out in January, but if he purchases it that will give me a place to stay until March, so I can delya my move and not have to worry about the ancillary stuff!!!!!

I did allow him onto the property and he looked at it and was very satisfied,
I told I was in the process of cleaning it out for the next tenant if I had to move out.

I know, You cannot believe anything that you hear these days but I told him I would talk to the rest of my sibs about it and see what his proposal was on the day of the auction and speak to him then.

Wow, If things work out this may cause a bidding war. The bad part?

He may lose the house to someone who wants to offer more, but that means a higher bid for the property, but, if he is true to his word?

IT means a higher bid and I get to stay on for a little longer!

what a roller coaster ride!!!!!

So, think good thoughts and pray for me!!!

--------------

On a sad note?

My niece's dog passed away almost at the same time my mom passed away two years ago?:eek::(

Karen
12-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Awww, our prayers will be with you.

phesina
12-03-2010, 06:32 AM
Prayers for you, Richard, that this works out. This sounds like a great prospect!

moosmom
12-03-2010, 06:33 AM
Oh RICHARD that is wonderful that you'll be able to stay in the house, even if it is just renting it.

I went by my old childhood home and saw a "For Sale" sign. I was so upset that someone would have the nerve to sell MY house. Asking price??? $244,000!! :(:(

momoffuzzyfaces
12-03-2010, 01:09 PM
I have a feeling it will work out for you, just hang in there. Is there any way you can, um, mention to the ones handling the estate (the county) about your brother's deal with the renters? At the very least, the rent he kept should come out of his share of the money from the sale of the houses.
Fingers crossed and prayers still flying from me for you and Ed and your out door buddies too. :love:

Catty1
12-03-2010, 01:30 PM
That would be wonderful, RICHARD, if you could stay...and spend more time with your frens. :)

Medusa
12-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Hmmm, just in time for the new moon and Law of Abundance on Sunday. Just a coinkydinky? I think not. ;)

RICHARD
12-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Hmmm, just in time for the new moon and Law of Abundance on Sunday. Just a coinkydinky? I think not. ;)

Oh, hall no!:D

RICHARD
12-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Three more sets of people came to see the house today.

The last one was the real estate agent that wanted to show the house to his clients, he came by a month ago and told me he knew my dad.

At that time, I told him that I was not going to let him see the house because I offered to show it to him on MY terms- He was the one that showed up in a Saturday afternoon and wanted me to drop everything and show him the place with 15 minutes notice.

I told him that I was sorry - I DID offer him to see the place (he toured it on the day of the open house) a week later, My friends were going to take me out for my b-day that night and had no time to do it at that moment. He declined, He wanted to see it NOW.

The then gave me the "It's more money for for you..." trip and said to him,
"Look if you want the house, bid on it on the 17th, someone had offered to buy it and rent it to me after, so come up with a better offer and it's yours."

I understand that people have to hustle to make a buck these days but this guy was something else.

-----------

Here's a question.

When I mentioned this guy to my sister she was vehement about complaining about him. To me, he's just a pest that's looking to sell the house and make his commission on top of the realty/auction house.

She wants me to call everyone and complain, I am of the mind to just let him do his thing. If he wants to bid and wins the house, great.

But, do I drop a dime on him to my lawyer?

What say you?:confused:

blue
12-09-2010, 12:59 AM
I assume the water heater is in good shape and not going to blow up anytime soon? No leaky gas pipes?

Not sayin or suggestin anythin just askin.

Bonny
12-09-2010, 08:35 AM
I assume the water heater is in good shape and not going to blow up anytime soon? No leaky gas pipes?

that is when you sell the place AS IS. That way if there is anything wrong they can't come back & get you to pay out for anything that may be wrong with the house. It is like what you see is what you get. Sold my folks house AS IS with a walk through. The people that bought it knew they had their work cut out for them but did this for a living buying houses fixing them up & reselling them.

RICHARD
12-10-2010, 03:14 PM

No, I've put in a few over the years.:confused:;)

I am safe.

---------

At the rental house?

A few tenants back-they took a brand new water heater and replaced it with a junker right before they left.....

Morons.

RICHARD
12-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Here's an update!

My brother, sister and I went to the court to watch the final auction for the estate properties.

I was saddened by the fact we had to sell them and the prices that they were initially auctioned for.

Today they were auctioned in court and my mom's house went for 2 times the original price and the rental sold for 3.5 times the original bid. That made me happy.

I was thrilled that they were not going to be sold for a song.

So, I have about three - four weeks left here!

I am glad to have a better understanding of what my future holds.

Thanks to everyone who sent good vibes out to me.:)

phesina
12-17-2010, 05:07 PM
More good vibes are on their way right now from us to you, Richard!

Karen
12-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Today they were auctioned in court and my mom's house went for 2 times the original price and the rental sold for 3.5 times the original bid. That made me happy.

I was thrilled that they were not going to be sold for a song.

Yay! Thank goodness you all persisted, and the right thing happened! Best of luck moving forward!

wombat2u2004
12-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Excellent mate.
I'm glad you got a better price for those houses. ;)

Medusa
12-18-2010, 07:30 AM
So glad that things are working out for you, Richard. Sometimes it seems nearly impossible to "keep the faythe" but you did just that and now your blessing. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-18-2010, 12:35 PM
So glad things are starting to come together for you. At least you get one more Christmas there. Soak up as many happy memories as you can hold and take them with you and Edster. :love:

rosethecopycat
12-20-2010, 05:21 PM
:cool:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Has the Edster packed his bag yet? Is he a good traveler? :love:

slick
01-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Richard, what's happenin' Dude????

Daisy and Delilah
01-07-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm hoping and praying all roads continue to lead to good news in your future, Richard. So happy to hear things are getting better!!!!!:)

RICHARD
01-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Hey guys,
I am busy wrapping up the homestead.

I have had the worst roadblock. My parent's were never changed the lien holders on the cars they owned.

I went to have the titles changed and the DMV will not release them until I get them cleared.

Ugh,

It's o.k. but everything else is moving along, thanks for asking, I'll post as needed!

Love you all.

moosmom
01-08-2011, 06:21 AM
I'm relieved that everything seems to be going smoothly. I couldn't have done what you did, watch my entire past walk out the door with a stranger. But, I've always believed things happen for a reason.

You are and always will be in my prayers.

Donna