PDA

View Full Version : Nasty virus/worm going around

smokey the elder
09-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Last Thursday a new virus was unleashed. It comes as an email, with the subject line "Here you have". Don't open the link; it's a virus. It spreads extremely rapidly by sending itself to everyone in your contact list. Since this happened at work, that's a lot of contacts! Fortunately, it has no other nastiness attached to it; its hazard is that it clogs servers. One million copies of this were in some folks' outboxes; this was 100 GIGABYTES!!:o

Karen
09-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Thanks, I haven't noticed this one yet, but I know better than to click links in such emails, anyway.

luckies4me
09-13-2010, 10:06 PM
I keep getting it emailed to me almost daily. It's only effective if you open the email or ?

moosmom
09-14-2010, 07:29 AM
I saw it on the news!!! Glad they got the word out. I never open ANY name I do not recognize. If you can't put the re: you're gonna get marked as spam, plain and simple.

Laura's Babies
09-14-2010, 07:43 AM
I saw it on the news too, the reporter reporting the story got it himself. You have to click on the link in the email to get the virus. I too, don't open any email from people I don't know and some from people I DO know. I tell people to ALWAYS put something personal in the subject so I will know it is from them or I probably won't open it.