PDA

View Full Version : Poor bedraggled kitty

Medusa
09-13-2010, 10:42 AM
If this doesn't break your heart, I'd have to wonder if you have one.

It's my understanding that the cat is now safe but I have no details. If/when I get any more, I'll post for sure.

Husky_mom
09-13-2010, 10:54 AM
not sure what bedraggled means.. but I´ve sure taken him home.. such a sweet widdle baby asking for love.. :(

Randi
09-13-2010, 10:54 AM
OMG!! How could a kitty end up in that condition- very, very sad! :( :( If this kitty survived, I hope he/she will be the most spoiled cat in the world for the rest of his/her life!

Medusa
09-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Just learned that the kitty is in Russia. No more details other than that, though. I'd have adopted him/her in a heart beat, regardless of my policy of no more cats.

lvpets2002
09-13-2010, 04:30 PM
:love: Awee poor wittle one.. Oh I would have sure put this wittle one in my home forsure.. I do hope the baby is getting help now.. Huggss & Prayers Wittle One..

lizbud
09-13-2010, 04:44 PM
I don't understand the reason for posting this, other than shock value.:(
Posting a picture & not say where you found it, or any other explanations
is just spreading the misery around.:(:(

I could post 100 sad, pitiful animal pictures, but why if they serve no purpose? Please don't do this.

Medusa
09-13-2010, 04:59 PM
I don't understand the reson for posting this, other than shock value.:(

I could post 100 sad, pitiful animal pictures, but why if they serve no purpose? Please don't do this.

LIZ. It wasn't to spread misery; I leave that to you. I said that the kitty is safe and it's in Russia. Take your foul mood elsewhere, would ya? I don't understand a lot of what you and others post but I try to keep mean spirited comments to a minimum. Why don't you give it a try!

phesina
09-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Just learned that the kitty is in Russia. No more details other than that, though. I'd have adopted him/her in a heart beat, regardless of my policy of no more cats.

Russia, eh? I doubt there was a happy ending here.

Medusa
09-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Russia, eh? I doubt there was a happy ending here.

Soraya, Russia to be precise. It has been adopted and I'm awaiting further details.

Cataholic
09-13-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't understand the reason for posting this, other than shock value.:(

Yeah, I am right there with you. I see this stuff from another member on here and for the life of me, I can't quite grasp what the thrill is all about. Better to spend the time actually doing something about the inhumanities of man, then highlighting them. It isn't like any of us don't know what goes on.

Medusa
09-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Is this a pet site or isn't it? There's no thrill, I can assure you, and I'm offended that anyone would think that I get a thrill out of a cat in distress. And I don't see what the fuss is all about. The story has a happy ending, even if I can't supply details. It serves as a reminder as to why we rescue in the first place. Yeah, I know, people want everything wrapped up in a pink ribbon.

Marigold2
09-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Oh poor sweet little angle, I just want to cry....
Please do keep us updated.
My husband said if I adopted one more cat he would leave me.
I would take the chance with this angel and if he left I would not want to be married to him anyway.
He would miss my cooking.
My baking.
My laughter
Clean underwear
And please send updated pictures weather the news is good or bad, I want to know.

lizbud
09-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I am right there with you. I see this stuff from another member on here and for the life of me, I can't quite grasp what the thrill is all about. Better to spend the time actually doing something about the inhumanities of man, then highlighting them. It isn't like any of us don't know what goes on.

OR:
Why not wait till you have the information to share (with picture) and
then post the story if you want to share it? Why drag this out in dribs &
drabs unless you are aiming for a 60+ page cliff hanger thread ? Pitiful.:(

To just post a pitiful ,sad picture & say, I'll get back to you on the details
sounds strange. IMO.

Medusa
09-13-2010, 08:36 PM
OR:
Why not wait till you have the information to share (with picture) and
then post the story if you want to share it? Why drag this out in dribs &
drabs unless you are aiming for a 60+ page cliff hanger thread ? Pitiful.:(

To just post a pitiful ,sad picture & say, I'll get back to you on the details
sounds strange. IMO.

I do not have to ask your permission or for your opinion to post something. You certainly don't take the feelings of others into consideration when you post. If it bother you that much, put me on Ignore. You'd be doing us both a favor.

lvpets2002
09-14-2010, 09:37 AM
:confused: I wish to say my Thanks to Lizbud & Cataholic for turning a Very Nice Precious Wittle Needed Baby Kitty Thread into a Horrible Disgusting Gesture of B/S.. If this is the way you feel about this poor baby needing help = then I so feel sorry for your babies && you both need to travel on.. I as well as Mary very rare voice my options on here; But felt that your disgust to Mary was uncalled for.. Huggss for Mary..

wombat2u2004
09-14-2010, 09:56 AM
:confused: I wish to say my Thanks to Lizbud & Cataholic for turning a Very Nice Precious Wittle Needed Baby Kitty Thread into a Horrible Disgusting Gesture of B/S.. If this is the way you feel about this poor baby needing help = then I so feel sorry for your babies && you both need to travel on.. I as well as Mary very rare voice my options on here; But felt that your disgust to Mary was uncalled for.. Huggss for Mary..

Ditto. ;)

caseysmom
09-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Mary has no history of posting for attention...lighten up everyone.

sana
09-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Ok! guys! I think its enough, sheesh soooooo many fights here! I think Mary had a reason to make this thread, even if she didn't let her do it Lizbud, its not necessary to see and read every thread.

sana
09-14-2010, 11:34 AM
You really don't need to say anything. Its her choice and if you don't want to go with it its your choice nobody will force you. Just don't read Mary's threads if you don't like them.

Cataholic
09-14-2010, 03:48 PM

Say what? Did you read the OP? The second post from the OP? If you did, you would have seen instantly that there were no facts. There was no cry for help, monetary or otherwise. There was absolutely NOTHING there for anyone to go on. My goodness, the OP said it herself!

There was no point in posting this thread. None. My post was nothing more than my opinion. There was nothing mean or harsh in it. Please- READ. You posted your opinion...as you do often enough. Not sure where you get your 'rare options' comment...

wombat2u2004
09-15-2010, 06:00 AM
There was no point in posting this thread.

Yes there was.
I wanted to read it.
And so did lots of other folks.
So go take a hike and cause your trouble elsewhere.

sana
09-15-2010, 06:29 AM
Ok, guys, listen up! I have had it with fights! There are so many fights on pettalk. Listen, those who agree that Mary had no reason for posting this thread, leave this thread like I leave some when I don't agree, I have seen many threads, old ones and new ones, some which I don't agree with, I leave, no reason to post something.
Those who agree that Mary has a point, stay on this thread and continue your talk about the picture. Mourn, do whatever you want.. ok! now please stop the fight, I am feeling really sick about the fights, there were quite a few in my class today. Thank You! for reading and I hope you don't post anything those who disagree with Mary's thread. Thanks!

wombat2u2004
09-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Ok, guys, listen up! I have had it with fights! There are so many fights on pettalk. Listen, those who agree that Mary had no reason for posting this thread, leave this thread like I leave some when I don't agree, I have seen many threads, old ones and new ones, some which I don't agree with, I leave, no reason to post something.
Those who agree that Mary has a point, stay on this thread and continue your talk about the picture. Mourn, do whatever you want.. ok! now please stop the fight, I am feeling really sick about the fights, there were quite a few in my class today. Thank You! for reading and I hope you don't post anything those who disagree with Mary's thread. Thanks!

Well said Sana....you are perfectly right.

moosmom
09-15-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm also sick of all the arguing on this site. That's why I've put a few people on my ignore list. The purpose of posts is to allow members to read and comment on them. All this arguing that's been going around here for quite sometime now has me posting less. I'm sure some of you are doing a happy dance at that thought. Don't care. I've chosen to pick my battles. I've got better things to do than argue with idiots. Same thing as renting space in my head to my ex-husband and that just isn't going to happen.

Mary,

Thank you for posting that picture and updating us as information is made available. That poor kitty is in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep the members who are truly concerned about this kitty, posted on his progress.

Whisk_Luva
09-15-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm also sick of all the arguing on this site. That's why I've put a few people on my ignore list, including Cataholic and Pomtzu. The purpose of posts is to allow members to read and comment on them. All this arguing that's been going around here for quite sometime now has me posting less. I'm sure some of you are doing a happy dance at that thought. Don't care. I've chosen to pick my battles. I've got better things to do than argue with idiots. Same thing as renting space in my head to my ex-husband and that just isn't going to happen.

Mary,

Thank you for posting that picture and updating us as information is made available. That poor kitty is in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep the members who are truly concerned about this kitty, posted on his progress.

I agree- well said.

Mary, I see nothing wrong with what you posted- It is nice to know the cat is safe after such a bad start in life. I am glad the story had a happy ending. Thanks for posting it... I am sorry certain members tried to cause trouble. From the posts of yours I have seen in the past, I know you are a lovely caring person and post everything with the best intentions, so just ignore those who are saying otherwise on this thread. ((Hugs))

Cataholic
09-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Yes there was.
I wanted to read it.
And so did lots of other folks.
So go take a hike and cause your trouble elsewhere.

OHHHH...you mean like the page after page of fights between you and Blue? OHH.. I so totally get it now. Totally.

I know, maybe I should just have a long stream of "I forgot to take my medication this week" type posts, come back and apologize and all is forgiven type of attitude?

Face it- we ALL have different opinions on what is appropriate. And, until Karen tells me I can't post- I will continue to post.

There was NOTHING about my initial post that was rude, out of line, etc. Nothing. In fact, the OP was the one that had a quite vicious attack against a long standing member of PT.

And, don't forget- the OP posted this thread in the DH, not in general, not in Cat, the DH. That, to me, makes it fair game for comments.

If you don't like my comments, don't read them. Place me on ignore- as if I care. If you cannot see the lunacy behind telling someone that is critical of a post or thread, that you are critical of their post or thread, there is no hope for you at all.

Karen
09-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Hey, play nice, people!

As for the original post, it is a heartwrenching photo, but then heartwarming to know it is already adopted.

And just because it is in Russia, doesn't mean it won't be a loved kitty, we have had Cats of the day from Russia that looked just as loved and spoiled as any cat anywhere.

Bonny
09-15-2010, 02:51 PM
All this arguing over a poor sweet innocent pathetic homeless kitten. Where are your :love:'s? I am glad he/she has found a good home & keep us updated. Now I'll get lost too. :D

kuhio98
09-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Mary ~ Thank you for posting this. I'm so glad to hear that the kitty had a good outcome.

lizbud ~ I invite you to follow your own (so kind) suggestion to me when I expressed concern about some of the threads I viewed:

To each his own I guess. I just "customize" my viewing with my own 10 fingers.:D

chocolatepuppy
09-15-2010, 06:30 PM
My reaction to this picture is...here is this poor helpless kitten, begging a human for help. This is why we are here. The cat lovers, dog lovers, rescuers, shelter workers, all of us Pet Talkers. I took no offense to it. I pray the kitty is safe.

Asiel
09-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Mary has no history of posting for attention...lighten up everyone.

I agree totally with you on this one.

I'm not a cat person and not allowed to go near them but when I saw this picture my first thought was that no matter what, if I could rescue and help that poor kitten I would do it . I'd rather see a picture of a bedraggled kitten needing help than seeing some of the posts that don't belong on a pet forum.

lvpets2002
09-16-2010, 12:10 PM
:) Thank You Bonny.. So Aggree.. Now Come Back Bonny & dont be lost..:D

All this arguing over a poor sweet innocent pathetic homeless kitten. Where are your :love:'s? I am glad he/she has found a good home & keep us updated. Now I'll get lost too. :D

CatsMeow
09-16-2010, 03:15 PM
OMG!! How could a kitty end up in that condition- very, very sad! :( :( If this kitty survived, I hope he/she will be the most spoiled cat in the world for the rest of his/her life!

Yes, it's so so sooo sad! Oh gosh! :(

CatsMeow
09-16-2010, 03:18 PM
I do not have to ask your permission or for your opinion to post something. You certainly don't take the feelings of others into consideration when you post. If it bother you that much, put me on Ignore. You'd be doing us both a favor.

Yeah, cuz what she said .... I just can't explain how weird that was the way she said it. If you cant stand'em, just ignore'em.

CatsMeow
09-16-2010, 03:20 PM

Thumbs up!!!!

CatsMeow
09-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Well said Sana....you are perfectly right.

Yes, Sana. right on!

sana
09-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks, CatsMeow and Wom :)

wombat2u2004
09-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Yeah, cuz what she said .... I just can't explain how weird that was the way she said it. If you cant stand'em, just ignore'em.

Yep. I've just put one of them on ignore.
Seems like some people just have a bad day at the office every day.:D

moosmom
09-17-2010, 07:33 AM
Asiel,

I'd rather see a picture of a bedraggled kitten needing help than seeing some of the posts that don't belong on a pet forum.

You and me both!!!

sana
09-17-2010, 08:15 AM
Asiel,

You and me both!!!

I'd say moosmom, Asiel and me, I really hate all these fights, been in one and God! it was stupid! No reason to fight. Fights are a piece of junk and a waste of our precious and limited time! I say, no to fights, at least we have a trio.

kitten645
09-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Medusa...you are are a light in this darkness. Shine on sister! Ignore the ignorant. :love:

moosmom
09-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Mary is one of the most kind, warm and sensitive person I've ever met.

Kitten 645, Mary IS the light at the end of the tunnel. Never a mean word said.

Every week, I've noticed a pattern, that it's always someone ("flavor of the month, if you will) different to bash.

Let's face it, these particular idiots are ALWAYS trying turn a possible "happy ending" into something ugly and not worth acknowledging.

wombat2u2004
09-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Mary is one of the most kind, warm and sensitive person I've ever met.

Kitten 645, Mary IS the light at the end of the tunnel. Never a mean word said.

Every week, I've noticed a pattern, that it's always someone ("flavor of the month, if you will) different to bash.

Let's face it, these particular idiots are ALWAYS trying turn a possible "happy ending" into something ugly and not worth acknowledging.

Yuppers....I agree with you all the way on that one Donna.