PDA

View Full Version : Sneak peak... new addition

tikeyas_mom
09-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Yes i know what your thinking..
New addition, what? When? Where? How?

Well.....

heres the story...

I recently bought a new house! Yes, I did it... With a bit of help of course ;). My mom lives in my basement suite (with oscar-Her shih tzu)

I've been thinking of adding another dog to my family for some time.. So I've been on the look out.. Emailing breeders, researching, and snooping online classifieds..

I happened apon a breeder through facebook (of all places :rolleyes:)
I was looking at some of his pics, and my mom noticed this person looked strangly familular... Turns out This breeder Sold my parents Tikeya 12 years ago!!!

So I have been chatting back and forth with him for about two months, He recently had a litter of Siberian husky puppies, So I drove out and met the pregnant mama, and later on her puppies(as well as the rest of his pack).

The Sire is Tikeyas Nephew-Grey and White- his nameis Tuaq!!!
The Dam-Light Red and White- named Kilo.

Here are pics of Dam and Sire Attached..

And After meeting All his dogs, and babies I couldnt Resist (specially since the puppy is directly related to My Tikeya!).... Light Red and White Male, Tikeyas great Nephew!

Lilith Cherry
09-12-2010, 12:51 AM
He is so beau:Dtiful! Congratulations! I am sure he will bring you lots of happiness just like Tikeya.

Taz_Zoee
09-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Awww, he is adorable!!! I do not have any name suggestions for you. I would say to go along the same lines as Tikeya. Not sure the origin of that name, but I like it. :) Sounds Native American.

robinh
09-12-2010, 06:45 AM
OMG, is there anything cuter than a puppy! He's so adorable. Congratulations!

chocolatepuppy
09-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Oh my gosh!!! Cute!!!:D

Freedom
09-12-2010, 08:02 AM
New digs, new puppy, my goodness you have been busy! Great news all around.

Best wishes in the new home!

Look at that puppy! Oh the parents are super, how nice. No name idea, I agree with Cindy, go with something like Tikeya's.

MonicanHonda
09-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Oh, how gorgeous. Sibes are one of those dogs I would never own but they just take my breath away. Soooo pretty. *sigh* That baby is going to steal everyone's heart. Lol

*LabLoverKEB*
09-12-2010, 11:45 AM
How neat and exciting that this puppy is related to Tikeya! That's awesome. Beautiful puppy! No name suggestions here, but I can't wait to hear what you choose!

tikeyas_mom
09-12-2010, 12:11 PM
here is a few of my ideas..

Sekai :Means "be humourous" in Shona

Malachi: From the Hebrew name מַלְאָכִי (Mal'akhiy) meaning "my messenger" or "my angel".

Elijah:The two Books of Kings in the Old Testament tell of his exploits, which culminate with him being carried to heaven in a chariot of fire.

Saffron:From the English word which refers either to a spice, the crocus flower from which it is harvested, or the yellow-orange colour of the spice.

Soma: No meaning

Saul: means asked for, longed for, or prayed for.

Obi: means All heart

Amak: means father wolf

lemme know your PT approval on one :).. or any ideas of your own

Karen
09-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I like Malachi and Amak, they have the "K" sound like Tikeya, but are different enough so the dogs wont get confused!

cyber-sibes
09-12-2010, 10:42 PM
OMD! He's adorable! Oh those reds do pull at my heartstrings! (Still missing my golden-boy Sherman) Congratulations on the pup AND the house!!!!
I like Amak and Sekai (Sekai reminds me of Gacier's "Heyoka" which means "the clown who teaches") A few other names of Sibes I've run across that have that "k" sound - Torok, Kodiak, and Qannik.
Whatever you name him, it will be perfect! What a handsome pup!

Husky_mom
09-13-2010, 08:58 AM
I think I just died!!!.. OMG!!!

such a cute fellow!!.. and what a coincidence.. yay!!

looooooove his coloring.. reminds me of Ninja.. awww

Kyan just popped in my mind.. lol.. (key-ann)

wolfsoul
09-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Aww he's so cute!! I found the name "Kamala" which means pale red in Sanskrit. And I have always loved the name Kenai (Keen-eye) for a husky.

cassiesmom
09-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Oh, my, he is beautiful! I like all the name suggestions!
One more: Conroy- Irish name (meaning: wise, red)

lute
09-13-2010, 02:19 PM
What a cutie! He is going to be so handsome!:D

molucass
09-13-2010, 07:58 PM
From your list I like Sekai & Elijah.

Congrats on your pup.. He's adorable.

K9karen
09-13-2010, 10:26 PM
I like Malachi and Amak, they have the "K" sound like Tikeya, but are different enough so the dogs wont get confused!

We Karens think alike. Those are my choices too. I like Malachi a wee bit more. I love Biblical names anyway. Congratulations! The new itty bitty is adorable! I'm so thrilled for you! The end of Sept won't come quick enough to see a gazillion photos!!!
:love::p

krazyaboutkatz
09-13-2010, 10:49 PM
He's adorable. Congrats!!!:) I'm sure you'll come up with a wonderful name for him.:)

wanwan1007
09-25-2010, 10:35 AM
I seem to be looking at your post backwards :rolleyes: but I'm still enjoying them. Congratulations on your house. That's wonderful news. The puppy is sooooooooo cute. It seems like it was meant to be the way it all worked out. Going back to see if there are any other post with pictures of the puppy I missed :D