PDA

View Full Version : Gas explosion in San Bruno

caseysmom
09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
This is a shout out to all of our Bay area PT members. There was a huge gas explosion in San Bruno, lots of injuries, some fatalities and lots of homes destroyed.

Prayers for everyone involved and a shout out to everyone in that area, let us know you are okay.

*LabLoverKEB*
09-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Thank you for posting this.
We were watching the news for a good portion of the evening yesterday.... how sad and how scary. We are no where near San Bruno, thankfully. Prayers for every person and family affected by the fire, and prayers for the fire fighters that they stay safe and to be strong and keep persevering to fight this horrible fire.:( I can't even imagine.

lvpets2002
09-10-2010, 11:39 AM
:( Yes that is so Sad & Horrible.. Those poor people.. Prayers for the families & fire fighters..

RedHedd
09-10-2010, 11:42 AM
I was in the area just a few minutes before it blew - shopping at Tanforan Center. Most of my friends in San Bruno are safe, although one still is not allowed near his home. He does know his home is safe tho. Schools in the area are closed; Peninsula Humane Society, Tanforan Petco and other local pet service providers are asking for foster homes for the animals that were displaced from the loss of housing.

krazyaboutkatz
09-10-2010, 11:50 AM
I was still at work when I heard about it and we turned on the tv in our break room and saw the horrible fire.:( I've been listening to the latest updates on the radio and luckily the number of homes lost and/or damaged aren't as many as originally thought.:) There have been 4 reported deaths with a possibility of 6.:(

I've been listening to 97.3 and here's some pictures from it on their website:http://radioalice.radio.com/2010/09/10/photos-san-bruno-explosion-fire/#photo-17.:(

lvpets2002
09-10-2010, 11:52 AM
:( I wish I was closer & I for sure would help with fostering some animals for the HS & ect..

Taz_Zoee
09-10-2010, 12:31 PM
My friend emailed me this morning and her cousin and his youngest daughter had just left the house when it happened. His wife and oldest daughter (14) where home. They house was destroyed. And I believe the wife and daughter did not make it out. :(

Tracey, you listen to the same radio station as I do. But I can't listen here at work, so I've been checking online. Online says 4 deaths but the radio this morning on my way to work said 6, then a co-worker said they heard 7. Regardless, it is SAD. :( I shed tears on my way to work, and again when I learned of my friends cousin.

Last night I was all bent out of shape because my show wasn't on due to coverage of this tradegy. Now I am just so sad about the whole thing. :(

I am keeping everyone involved in my thoughts.

Laura's Babies
09-10-2010, 01:43 PM
GOD! That is so scary! That could happen ANYWHERE! You live in your home, thinking you are safe from whatever is out there in the world and then your house blows up!

My heart and prayers go out to those effected by this horrible tragedy! I have kept up with it on the news all day and I am just sick about it.

pomtzu
09-10-2010, 02:06 PM
This is so heartbreaking. It must be so terrible to lose everything in the blink of an eye. I was watching the coverage on the cable news just a while ago, and couldn't help but think - these people had to run for their lives and with no chance to gather any belongings. Calif is used to wild fires, but at least with them there is warning, and the people have time to get some of their things together before they have to evacuate. These people weren't afforded that opportunity! It's so sad too, to think of how many of their beloved pets must have been lost. :(
They also said that some residents reported the smell of gas up to several weeks ago, but it was investigated and nothing done. Not sure what they mean by "nothing done" - that leaves a lot to the imagination.
I have a friend in Danville, and I had to bring up the Google Earth to make sure the explosion wasn't near his place. Thank goodness he is quite some distance from there.
Prayers to all PT'ers out there that in any way might have been affected.

kitten645
09-10-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm right next door to Danville! We are a good 40 miles away but it still hits close to home. I was SO irritated last night. They kept asking the PG&E people if it was a gas explosion and the rep side stepped every questions. Totally covering their a**es I suspect. :mad:
At first they thought it was a plane crash because it was so big and sudden. Flames were shooting up into the air 75 feet! I did see them rescue a German Shepard from the house practically next door to the blast. You could see the frustration on the fireman's faces, not being able to do anything.
You just never know do you? Those people could have been the most prepared people for a disaster ever and there's no way to foresee this.
Cindy, I hope your friends cousins are okay. :love::love:
Thoughts to everyone there.
Claudia

Taz_Zoee
09-10-2010, 03:07 PM
This was posted on Facebook by the shelter I work with:
ARF's intake team is headed to Peninsula Humane Society to rescue some cats & dogs from their shelter, so they can free up space for animals displaced by the San Bruno fire. Officers are currently in the field assessing the situation, but there are reportedly many stray pets in the area as well as many people living in their cars or temporary housing with their animals.

I believe they usually do not go to this shelter, but are for this. I :love: my shelter!!
There is also a PetCo in the area taking in any strays people find to hopefully reunite them with their owners.

I need to contact my friend and check on her cousin. Thanks Claudia. :)

ETA: My friend just told me that they are asking the family for dental records. So they might have found them. :(

*LabLoverKEB*
09-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Oh my gosh Cindy that is so sad... :( Ugh I feel so sad for all the families and fire fighters affected by this fire. Prayers being said for every person affected by the fire. :(

Kitten645, they had a few search dogs go into the houses to see if they could find any survivors before the fires got out of control, so I believe the German shepherd dog you are referring to was a search dog. :)

Karen
09-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Our prayers are with your friend, Taz-Zoee and everyone involved.

Taz_Zoee
09-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Last night as we were listening to the news (the TV was on in the other room) I commented on how many pets probably died. Right after I said that we heard the news reporter say a dog was seen being saved from one of the houses.

Thank you Karen.

kitten645
09-10-2010, 10:01 PM
"Kitten645, they had a few search dogs go into the houses to see if they could find any survivors before the fires got out of control, so I believe the German shepherd dog you are referring to was a search dog."

Nope. It was way too hot to bring in dogs until this morning. This was the house right behind the explosion. The firefighters were hanging around rather helpless and said they saw the dog in the big bay window at the front of the house. THe house wasn't on fire yet. They broke the window and got him out.
K9 rescue dogs are outfitted quite well and this one was being led out on a rope. I saw the video. He wanted OUT! Poor thing. Let me see if I can find the video. It was taken by an amateur within minutes of the blast.
Nice to know some care for ALL life.
:love: