PDA

View Full Version : I am a Criminal

catmandu
09-08-2010, 09:40 AM
:(:(
At The Buffet I go to I was spotted putting a napkin with three or four pieces of chicken aside for My Micheal.
Because I made no fuss , and was honest and confessed I was let go with a warning never to do that again. A couple near me saw me and informed on me.:(:(
I was in the wrong no doubt I should have seen as to whether I could have bought the chicken, or asked them for a bit to take home to Mr Purr:love::love:
Considering I could have been ordered to appear in court and fined , I got off easy.
Has anyone else taken home food for their Pets.
I feel badly as Michael LOVES their White Meat Chicken. Once again I have let my Dream Cat down:(:(

Husky_mom
09-08-2010, 09:48 AM
sorry you went through that...

shame on the people calling on you... it´s not like you were trying to take a whole bucket.. come on..

don´t feel bad.. we´ve all done the same before ;)... thankfully the people were understanding.. who knows maybe they´ll save you some next time ;) I mean there´s always leftovers people won´t eat but kitties surely will appreciate

moosmom
09-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Some people should mind their own business. I'm glad to hear you didn't get into trouble. And I'm sure the embarassment alone was enough. Like Husky _ Mom said, it's not like you walked out with a bucket or anything.

Heck, when I would go out to brunch with my dad and stepmonster, she would bring a freaking baggy with her and stuff it full of rolls, sweets. I was mortified!!

Learn from it and move honey. You're a sweet man who does so much for so many. Don't let it get ya down!!;)

:love: ((((HUGS)))))

Donna and fur crew

sana
09-08-2010, 10:07 AM
I have taken food home for One Down and before him for Lisa and sometimes for my other Alsatian. We used to tell them to pack our leftover because we wanted to take it home and at home we fed it to our doggies. I h:)ope you are feeling ok. Sorry to hear about what the dopeys did.:(

pomtzu
09-08-2010, 10:19 AM
It's unfortunate that happened that way, but since it was a buffet, then I can kind of understand - altho I don't necessarily agree. I've seen people at buffets that overload their plates with more food than they could ever eat with the sole purpose of taking it with them, or even sharing with a non-paying member in their party.
If you were at a restaurant where you ordered a meal off the menu and didn't finish it, then you would be given a doggie bag to take the rest home, if you asked for one.
And you didn't let your Dream Cat down. Glad you didn't get in trouble, and I hope the people that ratted on you, have a dark cloud follow them for a long time! They should be ashamed!!!

Taz_Zoee
09-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Maybe you could ask them if they could give you a bag of any left overs from any plates that go to the back for cleaning. That way you aren't taking the fresh food directly from the buffet. And just explain you would like it for your pets at home. You are a paying customer, so it's not like you're taking it for yourself.

snakemama
09-08-2010, 12:03 PM
I take food home for my Jasper-dog all the time! I would share with the kitties too, except Charlie's tummy is very specific about what she can eat and I don't want to only feed Sherpa and have her feel left out!!

happylabs
09-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Awwww...don't feel bad! We should never have to feel bad about doing something for our loved pets.

MoonandBean
09-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Sorry that happened...you never let Michael or any of your cats down!

katladyd
09-08-2010, 12:45 PM
We have all done that. Taking leftover food home for a Michael is NOT a bad thing! From now on, go in there and explain the situation to them. Offer to pay a little extra for Michael's chicken and I'll bet they will GIVE it to you. Try it. You of all people would never let your cats down. They are SO lucky to have you as their dad!

cassiesmom
09-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Some people should mind their own business. I'm glad to hear you didn't get into trouble. And I'm sure the embarassment alone was enough. Like Husky _ Mom said, it's not like you walked out with a bucket or anything.

Heck, when I would go out to brunch with my dad and stepmonster, she would bring a freaking baggy with her and stuff it full of rolls, sweets. I was mortified!!

Learn from it and move honey. You're a sweet man who does so much for so many. Don't let it get ya down!!;)

Donna and fur crew

Absitively some people should mind their own business! I've seen people do that at the Old Country Buffet and I just look the other way. My mom has a friend who asks for a bag and takes the entire basket of rye bread home when they go out to a Czech restaurant - and this is a person who could easily afford to buy a loaf at the bakery. I am very glad no trouble came of it.

Elyse and Cassie

Kalei
09-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Aw some people are just plain mean! It makes no sense. You paid for your buffet meal and it should mean feeding your kitties til they can't eat anymore too right! Lol I think so anyway.

Don't feel bad. People have no hearts that's why we love our animals so much :)

catmandu
09-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Thank You all for your support on this!!!
I should have explained to the manager about why I did this before taking the chicken, that it was for My 19 year old Michael.
It was suggested that I am creful reading the grocery store ads and I can get deals from them and buy Michael home food.
I will do that and I picked up some Great Steak at 2.99 a pound.
But I like to go to the Buffet as I know My Awesome Angels and their Friends like it there so much!!!!

moosmom
09-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Ask to speak to the owners. Explain you feed stray cats and since they will be tossing out alot of food each night ANYWAY, is there a way they could put it aside for you. The worst they could say is no.

lvpets2002
09-08-2010, 02:39 PM
:( How sad Uncle Gary.. So glad you did not get into more trouble.. I guess they did not let you have the chicken afterall.. Such Turds.. They should have.. Yes next time just explain your story & I will bet they will give it to you..

We have all done that. Taking leftover food home for a Michael is NOT a bad thing! From now on, go in there and explain the situation to them. Offer to pay a little extra for Michael's chicken and I'll bet they will GIVE it to you. Try it. You of all people would never let your cats down. They are SO lucky to have you as their dad!

catmandu
09-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Oh no Helene, they let me take that chicken , plus a few shrimps I picked up for Scrappy Two, it was just understood that when I returned I was not to take any more food out , I had to eat it all there.
That will be all roght, although Michael really likes their White Meat Chicken.
I will see as with Monty Hall, if I can make a deal!!!!

lvpets2002
09-08-2010, 02:48 PM
:) Well good the babies got some shimps & chicken.. I have never heard of no to go plates for your leftovers.. :rolleyes:

Oh no Helene, they let me take that chicken , plus a few shrimps I picked up for Scrappy Two, it was just understood that when I returned I was not to take any more food out , I had to eat it all there.
That will be all roght, although Michael really likes their White Meat Chicken.
I will see as with Monty Hall, if I can make a deal!!!!

pomtzu
09-08-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure that I would trust leftovers from other people's plates. You just never know.....:eek:

lvpets2002
09-08-2010, 02:52 PM
:) Oh I thought it was off of his plate..

I'm not sure that I would trust leftovers from other people's plates. You just never know.....:eek:

Medusa
09-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Ask to speak to the owners. Explain you feed stray cats and since they will be tossing out alot of food each night ANYWAY, is there a way they could put it aside for you. The worst they could say is no.

That's what I was going to suggest. I'll bet if you ask, they'll be happy to oblige. And y'know, if I saw someone taking something from the buffet as you were doing, Gary, I wouldn't rat on them. I'd figure that they were probably hungry. When you come to my home, you get fed. Period. My niece said to me "That's our Aunt Mary, always trying to feed the world". But some people are so busy minding the business of others when they really should be minding their own. Chalk it up to experience, my friend. We all know your heart even if those people don't. Don't do it again, though. Most of us don't look good in orange.

catmandu
09-08-2010, 04:42 PM
The food in my bag was from ny plate , I would take say 4 pieces of chicken , debone them and wrap two or three with a bit of shrimp in napkins and then put them in a clean bag inside of my Cat Bag.
If all else fails I can get a Deli Chicken for about 7 dollars , but I think that the Buffet Chicken is better.
Or buy the boneless , skinless Chicken breat and cook it myself although I am not much of a cook.
Either way Michael will be Suoer Spoiled Cat Number One!!!!!!!

pomtzu
09-08-2010, 05:09 PM
:) Oh I thought it was off of his plate..

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought the suggestion about the restaurant throwing food out, was referencing the uneaten food from patrons plates that would go in the garbage, and not food from the buffet that hadn't been used that day.

Catlady711
09-08-2010, 08:12 PM
I've never taken any restaurant food home to my kitties before, however when I had guinea pigs I was always taking the parsley garnish home from everyone's plates since most people don't actually eat it. The piggy's loved it!

snakemama
09-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Michael is such a lucky cat to have a dad who is always thinking of him!!

Laura's Babies
09-08-2010, 10:50 PM
How about getting a GO box next time Gary? I can't believe the food I have seen people stuff in those things! I get enough for 2 meals for myself and that is not even filling the box 1/2 full! You can stuff all the shrimp and chicken wings you want in there for the kitties and still have plenty for yourself!

All of us know your heart is in the right place but not everybody else knows that.

phesina
09-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Gary, I am so sorry that happened to you. You are certainly NOT a criminal!

lvpets2002
09-09-2010, 08:55 AM
:) Hey Laura I am one of those people that can stuff the heck out of the Too Go Boxs off of a Buffett.. I feed the babies the meat & there will be enough for 3 meals for all of us..

How about getting a GO box next time Gary? I can't believe the food I have seen people stuff in those things! I get enough for 2 meals for myself and that is not even filling the box 1/2 full! You can stuff all the shrimp and chicken wings you want in there for the kitties and still have plenty for yourself!

All of us know your heart is in the right place but not everybody else knows that.

catmandu
09-09-2010, 09:19 AM
THe only thing is that they will be watching me like a hawk now , and a go box might get me held on charges. That is a shame as I was getting a good deal, a buffet meal for 10 dollars plus a nice tip and taxes.
I will ask and if they say no, I will accept that.
Michael had steak last night, and loved it!!!!

moosmom
09-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Most of us don't look good in orange

Personally, the horizontal stripes make my @$$ look big.:rolleyes:;):p

krazyaboutkatz
09-09-2010, 11:43 AM
I certainly wouldn't call you a criminal. When I go out to a buffet with my parents, my mom always brings extra baggies so she can bring home some of her food. So far no one has ever said anything about it but she's very sneaky about it.

katladyd
09-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Well, you could offer to pay a little extra for food you already purchased, if that will make them happy. If not, I am sure they are not the only buffet in town. You could always take your business elsewhere.:D

lvpets2002
09-09-2010, 12:16 PM
:) I think I would take my business elsewhere anyways.. If the restaraunt wants to be that picky so be it & I sure would not pay extra now after the way they just treated you..

QUOTE=katladyd;2296825]Well, you could offer to pay a little extra for food you already purchased, if that will make them happy. If not, I am sure they are not the only buffet in town. You could always take your business elsewhere.:D[/QUOTE]

catmandu
09-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Or I could do as My Aunt Joan and I did Today ,we wnt to the Harbor Diner where for 10 Dollars you get a Huge Double Portion of Meat Loaf , and Potatoes and Vegetable.
I brought home a big portion and the Found Cats were so HAPPY!!!
I LOVE to see Happy Hungry Cats!!!!

CultureJunky
09-10-2010, 10:21 AM
What sad people they are Gary, fancy telling on somebody in a buffet restaurant, they need to get a life! :mad:
I don't think I've ever been to a buffet kind of restaurant myself, but if I eat out say at a chinese, any left over meat I bring home from there for the cats. I used to for Jack and I do for Xavi.
If you've paid to have your meal and it's a buffet surely you are allowed to take as much as you want? Obviously within reason. Plus some people really take the mickey and pile up their plates and leave most of it, which is worst?!
You are certainly not a criminal Gary for thinking of your animals and saving them a treat.
And yeah I'd take my business elsewhere, then just in case when you do find a new place, drop it in the conversation if you could take a little extra home for your cats...most people would say okay.

astrid
09-10-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm sorry I missed this thread! And I'm so sorry for what happened to you Uncle Gary :( But that doesn't make you a criminal!!

I can't understand why some people are that mean... it's FOOD! and it's not THEIR FOOD! mind your own bussines! Gosh!.. Anyway, they need to do that to feel important, God bless them.

But what's important is that YOU ARE A WONDERFUL CAT DAD who does anything for his furkids and people who can't understand is because they don't have the heart to do so.

The embarrasing moment is behind now, uncle Gary, water under the bridge ;)
Big hugs!

catmandu
09-10-2010, 03:03 PM
I didn't go to that buffet today as I normally do I took advantage of a Chicken deal at Sobeys.
I have a feeling that the Creep Couple exaggerated the amount of food that I took. I will return on my regular Tuesday and see how things are then.
Ita a good place and Our Angels Army Companions LOVE BUFFETS!!!!
YUMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

moosmom
09-10-2010, 06:18 PM
You have very lucky cats, Gary. What saddens me is that there is SOOO much food that is tossed out EVERY DAY because people's eyes are bigger than their stomachs. Rather than toss out that wonderful food, let people who care for animals take it home. What's the harm???