PDA

View Full Version : She now has a name..

Laura's Babies
09-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Meet CARAMELLA! (named that for the caramel color spots she has on her)

She had to have a name today since she spent the day at the vets. She has not been producing enough poopie to me, only twice in 6 days so I took her in and dropped her off until they could get to her while I went out to the doctors and took care of some business. They gave her a wee enema and still had to wait for her to produce anything. I had rubbed her little bottom trying to get her to go until I about made her raw.. Poor baby!

After she finally produced I went to pick her up. Doctor orders are to start feeding her FOOD and get her off of the milk.. Mike brought her solid food last night for me to start trying her on and while I was out I bought some too so we are all set to feed her real food now.. The vet even gave me a syringe with a tube like thing on it to feed her with.. Said make it good and wet, put it in there and feed her!

Some updated pictures of her. I am tickled to death at how Mike reacts to her and had to grab the camera when he was here last night. Down on his knees he went, picked her up like this and was kissing the day lights out of her and talking baby talk to her.To see a BIG macho guy like him turn into mush in the paws of felines never ceases to amaze me and this was more mush than usual with a wee baby.. He want to come back tonight all cleaned up so I can take "better" pictures of him with her.. LOL!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_1283.jpg

When he realized I was talking pictures he stopped and turned so I could get his face...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_1284.jpg

and one of her gone "nighty night"..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_1280.jpg

Husky_mom
09-07-2010, 04:58 PM
awwwwww!!!.. cuter by the second.. :D..

hope she potties more regularly now on real food ;)

catmandu
09-07-2010, 05:11 PM
And Carmella's rough start will now be a paradise as she has a Pawpie who will spoil her and give her the best Furr Ever Home a Cat can have!!!
What a Great Bonding is going there with Mike and His Carmella, we are praying for positive test results from Carmella's White Coats!!!!

Freedom
09-07-2010, 05:41 PM
*swoon* doesn't get any better than this! Wee baby kitty, macho guy all mushy, he he heee.

3Catcondo
09-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Laura-
I love her!!! So sweet. And Mike is quite a catch too!! Animal lovers/rescuers rank high in my book.

Pinot's Mom
09-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Aww, Carmella, you're such a sweetie!! :love:

columbine
09-07-2010, 07:59 PM
AWWWWW! :love: :love: :love: And what a perfect name for someone so sweet - and who'll be sticking with you!

Love, Columbine

chocolatepuppy
09-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Oh my gosh! What an adorable kitty!:love:

cassiesmom
09-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Good night, Caramella! You sure are darling!

krazyaboutkatz
09-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Caramellow is such a sweet name for this adorable sweetie pie.:) Great pictures too.:)

Laura's Babies
09-08-2010, 07:56 AM
She is amazing me every day. In the last few days she has changed so much! She has gone from being a infant into a toddler. She goes all over the house, following me everywhere and now, instead of just falling asleep where ever she is at the moment, she goes to the kennel and climbs in and goes to sleep.... all by herself! She is getting so verbal now, "Meeew, Meew, meew" all the time. About 2 days ago, she starts that as soon as she hears me moving about in the mornings. I think it is time to get the big cage out of the shed and set that up for her so I can put down food and try a litter pan and see if I can teach her how to use it.

I am going today to get her some baby food. I am having a problem getting the kitten food mashed up enough to get it through the thing they gave me to feed her with. No matter how much I mush it up, it clogs it up so I will try the strained baby food.

AH! She made poopie for me this morning!!LOL! :D

Medusa
09-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Aw, such sweet pix, Laura. Doncha just love to see guys turn to mush over a kitten? I can only imagine how you'll miss her when she finds her permanent home. We all will miss her, too!

MoonandBean
09-08-2010, 07:58 AM
So happy Caramella has found such a wonderful furrever mom :love:

katladyd
09-08-2010, 12:49 PM
I hope she stays a part of you family. If not, maybe Mike could adopt her.:love:

Kalei
09-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Aw she is so cute! I love the name too!

lvpets2002
09-08-2010, 02:57 PM
:love: Yes she is such a Cutie Pie.. Yes Carmella is my baby's name that came from Connie in KS..

Aww, Carmella, you're such a sweetie!! :love:

cassiesmom
09-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Miss Caramella! I hope you become the widdle sister to Kitty Boo, Amy, Giz and Samantha :love:

phesina
09-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Awwwwww..... how sweet is THAT?!! Caramella and Mike both!

Laura's Babies
09-08-2010, 04:05 PM
With how I work and my age, I do not think it is a good idea for me to keep her... Not to mention that I already have 4 in this small house. I can't put anymore on Rie either while I am gone... Keeping her is just not do-able. I know it will rip my heart out to have to give her up but I did this, knowing I would have to. Mike lives in a RV and he has 2 big cats already there.. There would be nowhere to shut her if it didn't go good in his house.

Blaine has said she will take her when I have her on solid food and add her to the ones she takes to Pet Smart for adoption days.. I would rather someone I know take her so I could watch her grow up but so far, nobody has said they would.

I transferred her to the big cage today and she won't hardly come out of it. I took a 3# plastic coffee container and cut it down to about 2 inches to use as a little box for her as a starter to see how she does with it. She has slept most of today! She wanders around all over the place for awhile, then sleeps for hours and hours. I just can't get over the change in her over the last 2 to 3 days! She is growing up fast!!

lvpets2002
09-08-2010, 04:09 PM
:love: Well you know me Laura & I would take her in a minute if only we could get her to TX.. Doesnt Mike come to TX somewhere from time to time?? Let me know ok..

momcat
09-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Hi Mike, nice to see you!

What a gorgeous little baby! Laura, please give Caramela some lovies and smoochies for me?

Craftlady
09-08-2010, 09:20 PM
She is a cutie!
Watch the baby food ingredients. They have onions in them.
Have you tried a coffee grinder for the dry food? It works great and mixed with water makes a nice paste (you can control the consistency).

Laura's Babies
09-08-2010, 10:08 PM
lvpets2002- Theres no telling how old she would be before Mike would be heading that way again. He hasn't been back to Texas in ages..

Craftlady- The baby food I got her today has no onions in it and I don't own a coffee grinder, never have owned one..

Mike came to visit Caramella today all dressed up and ready to go to services tonight.. I HAD to get pictures, he insisted.. LOL! Such a big mushy softie!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_1290.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_1288.jpg

I moved her today from the kennel to the big cage. She has hardly left it since I put her in there so I think she approves.. LOL!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_1287.jpg

smokey the elder
09-09-2010, 08:40 AM
That kitten is ADORABLE! Where's the cuteness alert?:D

lvpets2002
09-09-2010, 08:43 AM
:love: Well I would say Mike is already attached to the baby now.. I feel like he will not give her up && crossed paws that Mike will keep her..

Laura's Babies
09-09-2010, 04:48 PM
lvpets2002- Remember, Mike lives in a RV because of how he works. He has nowhere to put her in another room away from Klinger and Yetta.. Yetta was that small when he got her and I think that's why he adiores her.

He has offered to take her to adoption day with Blaine when she is ready to be adopted..

OOoooh! She made BIG poopie by herself today. What a mess but I was SO happy!

cassiesmom
09-09-2010, 05:01 PM
lvpets2002- Remember, Mike lives in a RV because of how he works. He has nowhere to put her in another room away from Klinger and Yetta.. Yetta was that small when he got her and I think that's why he adiores her.

She's so tiny and darling ... she'd fit in his pocket right now! What an adorable wee one! I hope there is a way to get her to you, lvpets2002 ... then you'd have Carmela and Caramella :)