PDA

View Full Version : Luna the Pittie **New Pics post #40!!**

dab_20
09-03-2010, 11:12 PM
My boyfriends family just got a new pit bull puppy. What actually happened is they found a very, very tiny puppy in the middle of the parking lot at Target!! They picked the pup up and waited around a bit to see who might have put the dog there, but eventually took the little one home. They took her to the vet and he estimated her to be about 5 weeks old. :( It's been a few weeks now and she's growing like a weed! She's a red nose pittie, with light tan and white fur and blue eyes! Absolutely gorgeous. I am just absolutely shocked that anyone would do such a thing to a puppy! :mad: Well, at least she now has a good home. They fell in love with her to much too find an adopter. :D

I'm going over there on Sunday and will for sure get some better pics. But I'll attach a pic to show how small she was when she first came to them. They named her Luna (meaning "moon" in spanish).

luvofallhorses
09-04-2010, 12:15 AM
She's adorable! :love: Red nose is just a color, doesn't mean anything. :)

dab_20
09-04-2010, 12:22 AM
She's adorable! :love: Red nose is just a color, doesn't mean anything. :)

Thanks :) Yeah I knew that.... does red nose describe the light fur color also? Or just the "red" nose?

chocolatepuppy
09-04-2010, 06:28 AM
Oh my gosh! What a cutie!!!:love:

CatsMeow
09-04-2010, 06:38 AM
Cute looks, but not cute breed.

Alysser
09-04-2010, 08:06 AM

What is that supposed to mean? :confused: I'm sorry, but if you don't like a particular dog breed you don't need to express it in a rude way, you didn't have to comment on this thread at all if you don't like Pitbulls. That's just plain rude and there is no reason for it.

Dab, I'm sorry for the confrontation on your thread, but I think that Luna AND her breed are both adorable. I love her smushy little face. I can't wait to see more pics. :)

chocolatepuppy
09-04-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm with Alyssa on this one. If you don't have something nice to say, on a puppy introduction thread, please don't say anything at all!!!:(

luvofallhorses
09-04-2010, 09:13 AM
It's just a pigment of the skin, dab. :)

I do not want to argue with you but if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. If you don't like the breed, that's your loss. They are an amazing breed of dog and if you don't like them just don't reply. It's really that simple.

dab_20
09-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks everyone! And for defending the thread and Pit Bulls in general!

All dog breeds have the potential to be GREAT animals. None excluded. Just like all children have the potential to be great adults; whether it's a child or a puppy, it is how they are raised.

Husky_mom
09-04-2010, 11:19 AM
[CatsMeow,
Iīm sorry you had a bad experience with A pitbull..(not ALL pitbulls, so please donīt generalize)
Iīm sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty.. but you canīt blame a dog which has instincts and which has never been punished or corrected for such behaviors, thatīs more like the owners fault.. just think as of a child who never gets corrected, heīd end up doing what he pleases when he pleases and just never listen to their parents.. same applies..and it could have been
ANY other breed..

I was bitten by a German Shepherd but I donīt hate EVERY German Shepherd there is nor I say I donīt like the breed or whatnot.. hey, I donīt even hate the dog that bit me.. (I was kinda my fault too)

-------------------------------
on a happier note

YAY!! Luna is gorgeous.. just look at that face.. makes me wanna squish her.. no wonder they fell in love with her.. sheīs super cute!! so glad they spotted her and took her HOME ;)

Husky_mom
09-04-2010, 12:11 PM
I know.. what I said is what happened to me..

I know she wasnīt bitten.. she said her cat and bunny got killed by one and her dog almost got bitten too.. as well as the dogs owners.. I got that... and even if it was whatever breed ANY dog can do that if not properly trained or corrected..

I was the one bitten and said that even in a situation where it affected me directly I donīt hate any breed nor I generalize as she is doing

Iīpm not bashing pitbulls in any way.. Iīm defending them as a breed..

Husky_mom
09-04-2010, 12:22 PM
dab: please keep us posted on Luna.. sheīll be a striking lady..

sana
09-04-2010, 12:26 PM
I wanted to post to support Husky_mom. I was once severely bitten by a Corgi. I was trying to be nice, He didn't understand me. He plunged forward and bit me in several places. I was bleeding like anything. :( It's a sad story, but I didn't come to the conclusion that ALL Corgis are like that. I have a Corgi now and I love him. See? Just because one dog was mean to me doesn't mean the entire breed will be. CatsMeow, try to understand. There are hundreds of other pitbulls that are nicer than the one you mentioned, and I'm sure that that pitbull could be a much better dog if his owners train him better. :)

chocolatepuppy
09-04-2010, 12:57 PM
So, back to the puppy.....dab, please keep us updated! I for one, would love more pics.:love:

Taz_Zoee
09-04-2010, 12:59 PM
(I'm going to ignore all the "bad" comments on this thread, and jump to the point.)

Dab_20, you are just surrounded by puppies now, aren't you? Hee hee :D
This little girl is adorable! And I'm so glad they decided to bring her home. She's going to grow up to be a beautiful dog. :)

sana
09-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah! Isn't she shweet!;)

Alysser
09-04-2010, 01:07 PM
So ANYWAY, I agree Danielle, I can't wait to see these pics :) I really want some new pics of your entire crew as well. ;) I LOVE your crew, and I love red nose pits. :love:

luvofallhorses
09-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Yes please keep us updated! :)

CatsMeow
09-04-2010, 02:31 PM
I am sorry I have been so rude about Pit Bulls. I apologize... please forgive me of my sins toward PetTalk. :( I feel so horrible...

CatsMeow
09-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Oh btw... here's a gift I made for you guys:

I might not ADORE pitbulls, but you guys that do deserve this in return for what i have done:

luvofallhorses
09-04-2010, 02:49 PM
That is adora-bull! :love:

CatsMeow
09-04-2010, 02:58 PM
The dog's gorgeous... it reminds me of my daughter's friend Dana lol. Idk why. :D maybe because it's CUTE

*LabLoverKEB*
09-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Her story is very sad. :( Gosh at 5 weeks miss Luna should still be with her mommy!
I'm SO glad she has a good home now though! She's very cute!

CatsMeow
09-04-2010, 03:25 PM
her story is very sad. :( gosh at 5 weeks miss luna should still be with her mommy!
I'm so glad she has a good home now though! She's very cute!

likewise quote.

IRescue452
09-04-2010, 03:57 PM
She's a cutie. I hope there weren't any more puppies in the lot that they didn't see. I'd assume a target parking lot is full of cars they could hide under. I hope they socialize her well and don't get discouraged by people who say bad things or cross the street when they see her coming. She'll be changing people's minds about the breed in no time.

And for the record, Autumn got attacked most recently by a beagle.

Daisy and Delilah
09-04-2010, 04:22 PM
It upsets me to think why she was there. Thank goodness your BF's family found her!! She is so adorable and a tiny widdle baby. She is going to grow up to be pretty too.

I think I have a softer spot for Pit Bulls more than any other dog. They are so misunderstood and criticized for things that aren't their fault. I do believe Pittie puppies are the most adorable things on earth!!:D :D :D

Does anyone here watch Pit Boss with Shorty? I love that show.

luvofallhorses
09-04-2010, 04:27 PM
I am with you on that Terry! Pit bull pups are definately the cutest. :love:

Karen
09-04-2010, 04:27 PM

Yes, we watch it! His pit bulls seem quite spoiled and loved. I don't always agree with his methods, but there's no doubt he loves his dogs and will defend the breed against anyone. When he's walking with his dogs, you can see how well suited they are for each other - he and they are all somewhat barrel-chested and walking with a similar rolling gait ...

Luna is one lucky pup, and of course completely adorable!

CatsMeow
09-04-2010, 05:33 PM
It upsets me to think why she was there. Thank goodness your BF's family found her!! She is so adorable and a tiny widdle baby. She is going to grow up to be pretty too.

I think I have a softer spot for Pit Bulls more than any other dog. They are so misunderstood and criticized for things that aren't their fault. I do believe Pittie puppies are the most adorable things on earth!!:D :D :D

Yup. I watch Pit Boss!

CatsMeow
09-04-2010, 05:35 PM

Huh?!?!?!?! By a beagle!? Oh my gosh... I've never heard of a beagle attacking anyone. Or anything.... oh well, no breed is perfect, not beagles not chihuahuahs not pitbulls.... But i never heard of a beagle attacking ANYTHING.

blue
09-04-2010, 06:01 PM
IIRC from my days on the horse farm beagles are a hunting breed. My logic may be faulty here but wouldnt a hunting breed actually attack the prey?

To the OP, some friends of mine had a pair of pits name Luna and Eclipse. Luna is a beautiful puppy.

CatsMeow
09-04-2010, 06:04 PM
IIRC from my days on the horse farm beagles are a hunting breed. My logic may be faulty here but wouldnt a hunting breed actually attack the prey?

To the OP, some friends of mine had a pair of pits name Luna and Eclipse. Luna is a beautiful puppy.

No. A hunting breed trees squirrels, runs rabbits into holes. They do not attack. I know because I had a beagle, (Goldberg). Go see his memorial thread in Dog Memorial- no one posts there and it would be nice to have someone post. :)

CatsMeow
09-04-2010, 06:05 PM

Plus, Why does you title say Banned! ? LOL are you putting yourself in time-out.

blue
09-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Plus, Why does you title say Banned! ? LOL are you putting yourself in time-out.

It brings me some funnay.

luvofallhorses
09-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Actually beagles are pretty intense since they are a hunting breed. I LOVE them to death but would never own one. ;)

dab_20
09-05-2010, 12:02 AM
(I'm going to ignore all the "bad" comments on this thread, and jump to the point.)

Dab_20, you are just surrounded by puppies now, aren't you? Hee hee :D
This little girl is adorable! And I'm so glad they decided to bring her home. She's going to grow up to be a beautiful dog. :)

Hehe I know I am so happy about it :D lol I have realllly been wanting a puppy ever since Springen left to live with my brother. I just miss his energy and a "three dog household". I just started college though, so I don't have the time.

So ANYWAY, I agree Danielle, I can't wait to see these pics :) I really want some new pics of your entire crew as well. ;) I LOVE your crew, and I love red nose pits. :love:

Hehe thanks, Alyssa! I'll get some pics of Molli and Sammy up soon.... and of course post some of Springen when I see him! I saw his last weekend but I forgot to take pictures :o

dab_20
09-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Her story is very sad. :( Gosh at 5 weeks miss Luna should still be with her mommy!
I'm SO glad she has a good home now though! She's very cute!

I know :( I was very worried for her but now she is 7-8 weeks and doing wonderful :)

She's a cutie. I hope there weren't any more puppies in the lot that they didn't see. I'd assume a target parking lot is full of cars they could hide under. I hope they socialize her well and don't get discouraged by people who say bad things or cross the street when they see her coming. She'll be changing people's minds about the breed in no time.

I know, they looked around for about twenty minutes and didn't see any other pups or anything. It's so sad :( If there were any I hope someone had the heart to take them. I'm sure any person would have!
Yes, once she gets all her first puppy shots they plan on trips to my house to meet Molli and Sam (Springen would LOVE her if he's here!) and a park nearby that allows off leash dogs. It's the only one in the valley and pet owners there are extremely responsible compared to many dog parks. The city wants to make it so dogs can no longer be off leash :(

Anyways, thanks everyone! I'll take some pics with my cell phone tomorrow :) I know my bf's brother has a bias about Pit Bulls, and this pup will really change his mind I think :)

IRescue452
09-05-2010, 10:54 AM
I've finally gotten into Pit Boss, even though some of the things he does are illegal or just stupid. Did anyone see the pittie from Bark Avenue rescue last night? What a perfect sweetheart! He looked like a dog that could just play with people for hours.

dab_20
09-05-2010, 03:59 PM
I've finally gotten into Pit Boss, even though some of the things he does are illegal or just stupid. Did anyone see the pittie from Bark Avenue rescue last night? What a perfect sweetheart! He looked like a dog that could just play with people for hours.

I watch that show occasionally. I like it, but like you said, he seems to not have much brains sometimes. lol He really has a passion for the breed, however :)

dab_20
09-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Here's little Luna girl!!

I got to visit her today, and she is just TINY! I have to wonder whether the vet was right that she was 5 weeks a couple weeks ago... she looks 6 weeks old right now to me! But she has doubled in size and her energy level is crazy! She's such a sweet little pup though. I am just in love :love: She actually doesn't have blue eyes, they are a gorgeous dark green color... as you can kinda see in the first picture.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/21.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/0905001309a.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/0905001254.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/3.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/2.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/0905001314a.jpg

Sorry for the small sizes and poor quality... they were taken with my cell phone. I took some videos also which I will upload here in a minute.

EDIT:
Here are the links to the videos. They're really bad quality but I just think they're cute... shes a BUSY puppy.
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/?action=view&current=0905001306.mp4
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/?action=view&current=0905001255.mp4

(Excuse my annoying voice)

CatsMeow
09-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Here's little Luna girl!!

I got to visit her today, and she is just TINY! I have to wonder whether the vet was right that she was 5 weeks a couple weeks ago... she looks 6 weeks old right now to me! But she has doubled in size and her energy level is crazy! She's such a sweet little pup though. I am just in love :love: She actually doesn't have blue eyes, they are a gorgeous dark green color... as you can kinda see in the first picture.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/21.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/0905001254.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/3.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/2.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/dab_20/0905001314a.jpg

That is probably just the cutest little pup I have ever seen beside Goldberg and my little Max! :D:) Give her many many hugs and kisses for me!

Karen
09-05-2010, 04:11 PM
She is completely adorable! Puppy breath!

luvofallhorses
09-05-2010, 04:46 PM
I love her, I really do! As you know I have a passion for them. At 5 weeks they usually have blue eyes and change. Most breeds have blue eyes as pups. She is gorgeous! :love:

dab_20
09-05-2010, 04:49 PM
:D

I love her, I really do! As you know I have a passion for them. At 5 weeks they usually have blue eyes and change. Most breeds have blue eyes as pups. She is gorgeous! :love:

Thanks! Yeah, kinda like human babies. They're a dark blue and then eventually change to their adult color. I hope hers stays this green color... they're very unique!

luvofallhorses
09-05-2010, 04:52 PM
I think they will they may get lighter or darken as she gets older. They look hazel at this point. :)

CatsMeow
09-05-2010, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=dab_20;2295489]

Just LOOK at the face!!!!! Just LOOOOOKKKK! AWWWW!

sana
09-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Aww...Schweet :D

Varga
09-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Oh my gosh. What energy! I almost got tired just from watching her run around on those videos, haha!

She's absolutely adorable though :love: And such beautiful eyes.
I really love bully breeds myself. Saw a lot of them when I was in the U.S. last spring. Beautiful dogs. Most of the bully breeds are banned in my country, so I don't get to see them real-life very often unfortunately.

cassiesmom
09-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Awww, tiny cute puppy! Hello, Luna!

chocolatepuppy
09-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Luna is such a cutie!:D

Alysser
09-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I love the first pic! AWW the double chins. :love:

Husky_mom
09-06-2010, 08:12 AM
OMG!!.. isnīt she the cutest!!.. look at that adorable face.. awwww..

yeah I think she was more like 4 weeks... thatīs why she probably has still bluish eyes.. I think theyīll end up being light amber ones.. matching her coat.. gorgeous!!

*LabLoverKEB*
09-06-2010, 10:40 AM
She's such a pretty girl!

Taz_Zoee
09-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Wow, she is beautiful!!! The first picture of her is just adorable!!! :D :D

As far as the eye color goes, my brothers dog, Jake, had amber colored eyes when they brought him home and he was 7 weeks old (I think). They haven't changed colors and he's over a year old now. His eyes match his coat perfectly.

dab_20
09-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks everyone!

Varga... ahhh that's sad. They really are gorgeous dogs and very sweet :love:

Huskymom... amber eyes would be really pretty too! I just love her coloring :)

buttercup132
09-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Wow she is adorable!! One of my fav colours.
But no the red nose is nothing to do with colour its just like saying a lab is a black nose lab.
Just something stupid breeders and un educated people say :)

And to whoever said they are a bad breed and you never hear about beagles well of course you don't, the media doesn't want to focus on other dog attacks. Like someone said they are a intense breed and can easily walk all over you or be inbred just like ANY breed. No effence but you've owned one beagle ( from what I'm getting) go to shelter and find one that's abused and see if they aren't aggressive. Some might not be but some will.
Pits are the most popular dog in the states and so I'm sure you can imagine they are the most abused, you get a dog who either submitts or turns aggressive and then thhat dog gets loose and you have a attack. There are lots of reasons pits attack but they are the same reasons any dog attacks.

Ok rant over..

GoldenLover
09-09-2010, 09:04 PM
That's ironic! I was thinking of naming our new pup Luna too but hubby didn't like it. I think that is such a cute name!

HoochsMommiee
09-23-2010, 06:30 AM
beauitful baby