PDA

View Full Version : Senior Year :D

Alysser
09-03-2010, 06:28 AM
I remember starting a thread on here saying I was starting High School tomorrow, and now 3 years later I'm so close to graduation. :D As much as I hate the school district I am in, I do enjoy the fact that we have senior privileges like parking/driving, eating outside at lunch, Senior Prom, Senior Week, NO standardized testing, Senior trip, and a bunch of other stuff :D It's my last first day of high school, pretty exciting. ;) Not looking forward to college applications but at least I only have one more SAT and I am done with all that. I plan to make this the best year of High School.

sana
09-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Happy High school year ;)

Laura's Babies
09-03-2010, 07:46 AM
When I worked at a high school, I use to tell those kids THAT would be some of the best years of their lives. Only 1 came back a few years later and told me that now he understood what I meant and I was SO right!

Have a great senior year, enjoy every moment of it!

Alysser
09-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks guys:) I had a pretty awesome first day. I love all my classes except one. I think this will be a pretty awesome year and I am excited for it.

I think everyone has different 'best years'. After all I've been through these past few years, I don't think they're my best years. But they weren't too bad either. I think when I am doing what I want to be doing (career-wise), those will be the best for me. :D

dab_20
09-04-2010, 11:09 AM
It is crazy how time flies isn't it! It's my first year of college this year.

ENJOY your senior year. It will be over in a heart beat and you can never go back. College brings a lot of independence and new experiences, but it's a lot of work too. Enjoy being able to sleep in on the weekends and going out with friends to dances and football games :) I know I wish I could have a do-over! All I wanted was to get out of High School and now I wish I had just lived "in the moment".

Karen
09-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Have you decided what college you want to apply to?

caseysmom
09-04-2010, 01:44 PM
After you graduate I will have no kids in high school :D

Enjoy your last year but study hard and push throught the senioritis.;)

*LabLoverKEB*
09-04-2010, 03:19 PM
How exciting Alyssa!! Yes, make sure you enjoy you're senior year, I did! Don't you feel so grown up walking around the high school, and remembering when you were a freshmen?!

Alysser
09-04-2010, 09:54 PM
I am beyond excited to be graduating but I will enjoy this year. It's one of the best schedules I've had! :) I have the best lunch period with all my friends in it. I couldn't tell you if I am living in the moment or not. I do try to, but I can't bring myself not to think of the future and the experiences I will have.

Karen, yeah, I've picked about 5 so far. One has a five-year master program and one is the best and largest Marine Biology institution on the east coast in South Carolina.One is right by my current house, and the last 2 are about an hour away. I don't want to post exactly what schools they are JUST yet and for some personal reasons. :P I am also considering one other in NY. I am ALSO looking into Temple University, I'm saying this one because it's the least likely to happen but it has ALOT of majors to choose from if I want to switch and I do love the set-up of the campus.

Aw, Mom :D Don't worry, I won't let senioritis kick in until at least December. ;) My parents are in denial that I am a senior, even my brother was sad I was considering a school far away.

LLK, LOL yeah it does feel so weird that this my last year! I remember starting high school so well and my first day. It's so weird, I can't believe it's my last year.

Karen
09-04-2010, 10:13 PM
When do you need to get your applications in by? If you need any essay help, I could proofread stuff for you if you need it!

Alysser
09-04-2010, 10:29 PM
I will definitely take up the offer, Karen! Thanks!

I just crossed one school off the list, and it was the one I really wanted. :(

Karen
09-04-2010, 10:30 PM
I will definitely take up the offer, Karen! Thanks!

I just crossed one school off the list, and it was the one I really wanted. :(

Why'd you cross it off? Too expensive or unattainable?

Alysser
09-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Why'd you cross it off? Too expensive or unattainable?

Because I'm an idiot who didn't look at the required HS courses they want and they want 4 years of math. I only have 3 and there is nothing I can do to fix it now.

Karen
09-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Oh well, could be it wasn't a good match after all. I liked the sound of the School of Visual Arts in NYC, but after I visited to take the scholarship test, I realized I would ONLY go there if I won the 4-year full ride scholarship. It was much grimier and more run down than I expected from the brochures they had sent, and we had to put a bench back together from pieces to have a place to sit to eat lunch ... (It turned out they offered only a partial scholarship, which would still have meant I'd have to pay ten times what I paid for Mass Art - which had a better rep anyway!)

Alysser
09-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I'm think maybe it wasn't meant to be. My mom said, even if I do go to a nearby school then I could move out if I wanted later on to an apartment or something. But the Program (more focus on the biology aspect) at the other school seems alot better, but I like the title of the other degree better..:/ I don't know what I want anymore right now.

dab_20
09-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Luckily you have a few months to think about it! I'm still not sure if I want to go for nursing or pediatric occupation therapy :confused: Luckily, the generals and prerequisites are very similar. If your options are similar as well, you could do your generals and switch schools if you decide differently.