PDA

View Full Version : Dig your way out of this mess?

RICHARD
09-02-2010, 07:20 PM
http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/drama-above-ground-as-chilean-miners-await-rescue/19618730?icid=main%7Cmain%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%7C1681 43

He's in some deep doo doo?

Marigold2
09-02-2010, 07:31 PM
It has gotten to the point were very few people stay faithful in a marriage.
From my experience from family, friends, co-works, neighbors or just people I know casually maybe 20% don't cheat.
I don't think man was meant to mate for life, geese yes, man no.
Makes no sense for man to do so. He needs to spread his genes after all.
Now with women working and being so independent it's easy to start a romance, office romance especially since we tend to spend more time with our co-workers then our spouses.
When you are at work you also tend to point your best foot foward, no belching or farting no yelling or being late or rude. Just nice and perfessional and funny. You look good, no house coat or slippers, tie and suit for some and dresses for women so yea I can see how easy it could be for some people and have seen it first hand it fact.
Is it right, don't know. I am not involved in their marriages so I can't say I don't think it is all that bad, like I said I don't think man was meant to just have one mate.

wombat2u2004
09-03-2010, 01:43 AM
"My dad's favorite food is steak with avocado -- he eats it with lots of avocado," Omar wrote on BBC. "But he hasn't been sent anything like that because the food sent has to first be studied by a nutritionist."

Well sonny, not much good sending them down a pot of Broccoli Casserole, there might be an explosion :p

wombat2u2004
09-03-2010, 01:45 AM

Or both of them :D

pomtzu
09-03-2010, 07:23 AM
I wonder what poster #2 would do if her husband was spreading his genes around? Or maybe he is and that's just their lifestyle. :rolleyes::confused::p

Asiel
09-03-2010, 07:59 AM
People cheating in their marriage don't need excuses to do so. They just have low morals or none at all. Why would you disrespect your mate by belching, farting, yelling or being rude if you care an ounce for that person. Does being married to someone exclude us from everyday good manners? And why would we care less about our appearance at home than for people we meet at work or other places? No reason to be running around in a housecoat at home unless a person is ill. I for one dress for my family and don't give a hoot if my appearance pleases others or not, if my spouse finds me attractive then the rest of the world can abstain from looking at me if I offend them by how I dress.
I must say that the number of people that I know that cheat are not amongst those I want to be around or call friends. Being flattered by some pompous idiot trying to impress the world doesn't hold water for me.
Funny, I thought our vows said for better or worse, in sickness and in health, till death do us part. I guess the vows must have changed while I wasn't looking.
People who cheat are people who let frivolous crap go to their heads and are out looking for a good time, they never did mean to commit. Relationships take hard work, some people don't want that, they prefer looking at life as a bowl of cherries.
Man was not meant to mate for life---what a great new discovery . I don't think I've ever heard such a dumb comment in my entire life, wonder what brilliant scientist discovered this?

pomtzu
09-03-2010, 08:19 AM
People cheating in their marriage don't need excuses to do so. They just have low morals or none at all. Why would you disrespect your mate by belching, farting, yelling or being rude if you care an ounce for that person. Does being married to someone exclude us from everyday good manners? And why would we care less about our appearance at home than for people we meet at work or other places? No reason to be running around in a housecoat at home unless a person is ill. I for one dress for my family and don't give a hoot if my appearance pleases others or not, if my spouse finds me attractive then the rest of the world can abstain from looking at me if I offend them by how I dress.
I must say that the number of people that I know that cheat are not amongst those I want to be around or call friends. Being flattered by some pompous idiot trying to impress the world doesn't hold water for me.
Funny, I thought our vows said for better or worse, in sickness and in health, till death do us part. I guess the vows must have changed while I wasn't looking.
People who cheat are people who let frivolous crap go to their heads and are out looking for a good time, they never did mean to commit. Relationships take hard work, some people don't want that, they prefer looking at life as a bowl of cherries.
Man was not meant to mate for life---what a great new discovery . I don't think I've ever heard such a dumb comment in my entire life, wonder what brilliant scientist discovered this?

Very well said - and very true. It's too bad that so many people feel and act otherwise.

You nailed it for sure. Stand up and take a bow for this one, my friend. :D

CatsMeow
09-03-2010, 09:24 AM
http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/drama-above-ground-as-chilean-miners-await-rescue/19618730?icid=main%7Cmain%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%7C1681 43

Hahha..... Yeah he is.

Asiel
09-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Very well said - and very true. It's too bad that so many people feel and act otherwise.

You nailed it for sure. Stand up and take a bow for this one, my friend. :D

Thanks Pom - I just hope that no young impressionable minds were browsing the forum and read the above post and believed that trash. I have to wonder where some people leave their brains sometimes or are they posting in their sleep :confused:

wombat2u2004
09-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks Pom - I just hope that no young impressionable minds were browsing the forum and read the above post and believed that trash. I have to wonder where some people leave their brains sometimes or are they posting in their sleep :confused:

Marigold does have a point tho.
I was reading something a few years ago about "unfaithfulness", and the article said that it was estimated that 70% of married men are unfaithful to their wives at some time.....perhaps just once, or all of the time.
I know that figure sounds kind of high, and it certainly surprised me.
But also for every man in that percentage, there must be a woman involved ???? I have no idea how many of those women would be married, but I would have to say that many of them would be, and even if they were single, I would suppose that most of them would know that their partner is married.
I believe Marigold has hit the nail on the head.....perhaps humans are NOT meant to be with one partner all of their lives, but a lot do of course, but I believe that many don't stay "faithful".
I suppose the real issue is "why should someone be faithful in their marriage ??"
Any feedback on that one ????

Bonny
09-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Why should someone be faithful in their marriage? Why not? You take vows when you get married & it is like trying to obey the 10 commandments. Not easy. Some people can do it & some can't. There is also that inner conscious there that can hold you back & make you think about consequences & is it really going to be worth it to be unfaithful & who are you going to hurt if not yourself in the end.

wombat2u2004
09-03-2010, 11:50 PM
"Why should someone be faithful in their marriage? Why not?"
Well, why should people be unfaithful in their marriage ??? Why not ???
What about marriage breakdown ?? Sexual incompatability ??? Falling out of love ??

"You take vows when you get married & it is like trying to obey the 10 commandments. Not easy."
No, it's not easy.
But with current figures suggesting that the divorce rate in the USA and Australia runs at about 40-50%, it seems that vows in marriage are not working too well.

"Some people can do it & some can't. There is also that inner conscious there that can hold you back & make you think about consequences & is it really going to be worth it to be unfaithful & who are you going to hurt if not yourself in the end."
But if my above figures are correct, and 70% of married men commit adultery, including probably the same amount of women, then the consequences are in the back of their minds and are only going to be relevant if they are caught.
It's obvious to me, that most people don't care about the consequences, and that being unfaithful is worth the risks.

Nope.....still with Marigold on this one.

pomtzu
09-04-2010, 07:08 AM
I suppose the real issue is "why should someone be faithful in their marriage ??"
Any feedback on that one ????

That's what marriage is all about - the basis of it. If one goes into a marriage with the full intention of sleeping around, then why bother getting married in the first place? Are they doing it for tax purposes? - property ownership? - medical benefits? - convenience of having a bed partner when no one else is available? - because they think "it's the thing to do"? Let's just abolish marriage and have everyone sleep here, there, and everywhere, and that way no one will ever have to be chastised for spreading their genes. But of course, they will probably be spreading a lot more than just their genes, too! :eek:

Bonny
09-04-2010, 07:36 AM
There is a saying if your going to PLAY your going to PAY. Is it worth it ? You have to ask yourself that.

Asiel
09-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Any feedback on that one ????[/QUOTE]

That's like saying why shouldn't I go out and kill someone or steal what I want? And screw the consequences. What a funny way to look at it.
Don't forget that 70% of the world population isn't that much, we aren't talking just the U.S. And if 70% of the people decide to jump off a 20 storey building I suppose that means we should all follow the same trend? Why not, after all everyone else is doing it?
The ten commandments are maybe hard to obey but we would never dream of breaking them would we? Just the one for adultery, I guess that one doesn't count?

If someone enters a marriage with that kind of thinking then they shouldn't be getting married. Why bother with a huge fanfare when you're planning the next one just around the corner?
Adultery is adultery no matter what people want to call it.
Cheating is not something that just happens or isn't in a person's control. We are all responsible for our actions. It's up to you if you want to respect the committment made to your spouse by being faithful or betray their trust for a romp between the sheets that probably means nothing to the other person, a fun time is all most are looking for. If you need to remove a few wrinkles and pockets of fat to advertise yourself, then by all means go for it. But true love and a real marriage means you're loved for yourself flaws and all, that means a lot more to me, having someone there on the stormy days as well as the sunny ones.
And if the person is willing to cheat once it won't be the last. Before jumping between the sheets try thinking what other sheets the person has been between and what you might just be bringing home to your spouse and maybe another child. :(
I did say a marriage was hard work, if you don't have what it takes to see it through then go about your bed hopping but don't ruin other lives along with yours.

This is about the sickest, self absorbed post I've ever read, and to think this is supposed to be a pet forum. :rolleyes:

wombat2u2004
09-04-2010, 08:21 AM
That's what marriage is all about - the basis of it. If one goes into a marriage with the full intention of sleeping around, then why bother getting married in the first place? Are they doing it for tax purposes? - property ownership? - medical benefits? - convenience of having a bed partner when no one else is available? - because they think "it's the thing to do"? Let's just abolish marriage and have everyone sleep here, there, and everywhere, and that way no one will ever have to be chastised for spreading their genes. But of course, they will probably be spreading a lot more than just their genes, too! :eek:

But most of this is a sign of the times. People DO marry for convenience, it happens all the time. So they are not going to take their vows seriously and that is evidenced by so much cheating going on and divorces and the like. And there's certainly plenty of that around....and yes....in this day and age, it is the IN thing to do for many people.

Some questions: You give me your answers, and I'll give you mine.........
1. Why do you think wife swapping is so prevalent in your society and mine ???
2. Do you believe that both husband and wife are breaking their marriage vows by becoming involved in partner swapping ?????
3. Why do people, both men and women have affairs ????
4. If you knew a man who was cheating on his wife because she was cold and unresponsive toward him most of the time, would you think less of that man than if he just chose to put up with her ???
5. Would you expect that man to put up with his cold and unresponsive wife for the rest of his life, and just call it his bad luck because he's married to the wrong person ???
6. Do peoples feelings for their spouses change over the years of marriage ????

Bonny
09-04-2010, 08:33 AM
number 5. That is why you can go get a divorce & move on.

number6. Yes, feelings about your spouse do change over the years. It all takes work if you are lazy & don't care then marriage isn't for you get a divorce & move on.

pomtzu
09-04-2010, 08:39 AM
It all boils down to one thing: Different people - different values.

wombat2u2004
09-04-2010, 08:48 AM
"That's like saying why shouldn't I go out and kill someone or steal what I want? And screw the consequences. What a funny way to look at it."

Why ???? There's laws against killing and stealing, there isn't laws against adultery.

"And if 70% of the people decide to jump off a 20 storey building I suppose that means we should all follow the same trend? Why not, after all everyone else is doing it?"

Hmmmmm....that's not much of an example. We all eat lunch for the same reason....don't we ???

"The ten commandments are maybe hard to obey but we would never dream of breaking them would we? Just the one for adultery, I guess that one doesn't count?"

Well that depends on if one believes there ever was a Ten Commandments.

"If someone enters a marriage with that kind of thinking then they shouldn't be getting married. Why bother with a huge fanfare when you're planning the next one just around the corner?"

Would everyone who got married believe at that time that there is going to be another marriage in their lives (just around the corner) ??
I think not.....people change, feelings change, partner expectations are not met, people fall out of love...it happens over time, and all of the time.

"Cheating is not something that just happens or isn't in a person's control."

No it isn't. I'm sure they are doing what they want to do, and for their very own personal reasons.

"Before jumping between the sheets try thinking what other sheets the person has been between and what you might just be bringing home to your spouse and maybe another child."

There is adequate protection that people use, and besides, even if they didn't, it would be no different than most people were exposed to before marriage in the promiscuous society that we all live in, in this day and age.

"I did say a marriage was hard work, if you don't have what it takes to see it through then go about your bed hopping but don't ruin other lives along with yours."

And if both partners don't follow through with that hard work ??? If one does and the other doesn't ??? What then ????

"This is about the sickest, self absorbed post I've ever read, and to think this is supposed to be a pet forum. :rolleyes"

Why is it so self absorbed ??? You've given your views, I've given mine, Marigold, Pom and Bonny have given there's. Nobody has to agree with anyone....this is DogHouse....we discuss....yes ????

wombat2u2004
09-04-2010, 08:56 AM
number6. Yes, feelings about your spouse do change over the years. It all takes work if you are lazy & don't care then marriage isn't for you get a divorce & move on.

Ah yes.......now that's a simple answer.
What if those people are expected NOT to divorce ??? By religion, family etc etc. What then ????
And what about the kids ???? A loveless marriage, a cold and unresponsive wife or husband, a bunch of little kids who they both love to death and would never hurt them by parting.......and breaking up the family unit.
What about the economics ???? Divorce could be financially shattering to a family like that.
Wouldn't that be more crippling to a family unit than adultery ????

pomtzu
09-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Wom - #6 I agree with 100% - and that's why I am divorced. However, in the time that this was happening, I wasn't sleeping around, and my ex wasn't spreading his genes around either. :p

wombat2u2004
09-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Wom - #6 I agree with 100% - and that's why I am divorced. However, in the time that this was happening, I wasn't sleeping around, and my ex wasn't spreading his genes around either. :p

Then you and hubby are a minority. Most people do sleep around during separation and divorce........why is that so wrong ????

Asiel
09-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Yes, we're dicusiing and as far as I'm concerned my views are not the same as yours. As pom said...different people , different values. My values are a mite high to start changing my opinion. As for the Ten Commnadnments people are free to believe or not...you say there are laws that tell you not to kill? Well, the Ten commandments tell you"thou shalt not kill" so Adultery is also agaisnt the law then.
Whatever...if it pleases some to disrespect their vows and lifetime partners so be it, wonder if the future will be worth it? I for one will not have scars from trying to beautify myself for some stranger who happens to make a hobby out of flirting and counting the number of his "hits".
Since I'm considered one of the geese maybe it's time to start flying...''

I might add that I'm so very grateful for the lifelong ideals and morals my parents have instilled in me. No wonder we have so many kids falling through the cracks today, they just don't count as far as the parents are concerned...looking good and bouncing around from bed to bed is more important than being there for the child. Great example for them...
And I did say marriage was hard work, if you can't take the heat, then leave the kitchen.

wombat2u2004
09-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Yes, we're dicusiing and as far as I'm concerned my views are not the same as yours. As pom said...different people , different values. My values are a mite high to start changing my opinion. As for the Ten Commnadnments people are free to believe or not...you say there are laws that tell you not to kill? Well, the Ten commandments tell you"thou shalt not kill" so Adultery is also agaisnt the law then.
Whatever...if it pleases some to disrespect their vows and lifetime partners so be it, wonder if the future will be worth it? I for one will not have scars from trying to beautify myself for some stranger who happens to make a hobby out of flirting and counting the number of his "hits".
Since I'm considered one of the geese maybe it's time to start flying...''

I might add that I'm so very grateful for the lifelong ideals and morals my parents have instilled in me. No wonder we have so many kids falling through the cracks today, they just don't count as far as the parents are concerned...looking good and bouncing around from bed to bed is more important than being there for the child. Great example for them...
And I did say marriage was hard work, if you can't take the heat, then leave the kitchen.

But these people are consenting adults, they are not doing anything that they believe is wrong. It's not against the law. They are free to choose how they live their own lives.
Why condemn someone who doesn't look up to your expectations as to how they should behave ???

wombat2u2004
09-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Sorry kiddies.
I'm still with Marigold on this issue.

pomtzu
09-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Then you and hubby are a minority. Most people do sleep around during separation and divorce........why is that so wrong ????

Like I said - different people/different values.
And maybe if those people weren't expending so much energy with ones other than their spouse, they might be putting it into trying to resolve issues of the pending separation/divorce too. That's just a silly thought tho.....:p:D

Bonny
09-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Marriage can be like a hard day at the salt mines. Been there did that am still there doing that will continue to do that. Am I crazy maybe. Maybe a person likes a challenge & that is what marriage is. My hubby has had health problems the last 2 years & the scariest thing in the vows for me was in sickness & in health & now it has come true. Just take one day at a time in- hale x- hale & hope for the best. We are partners to the end. ;)

wombat2u2004
09-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Like I said - different people/different values.
And maybe if those people weren't expending so much energy with ones other than their spouse, they might be putting it into trying to resolve issues of the pending separation/divorce too. That's just a silly thought tho.....:p:D

Perhaps they could try some kind of resolution, but usually at that point it's too late.

wombat2u2004
09-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Marriage can be like a hard day at the salt mines. Been there did that am still there doing that will continue to do that. Am I crazy maybe. Maybe a person likes a challenge & that is what marriage is. My hubby has had health problems the last 2 years & the scariest thing in the vows for me was in sickness & in health & now it has come true. Just take one day at a time in- hale x- hale & hope for the best. We are partners to the end. ;)

And that is admirable Bonny...it really is.
But the sad fact is......there are a lot of people that don't think like that.

Bonny
09-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Maybe I am just old fashioned.:eek: But I have seen so many people hurt & hurting. I have to go why? It is not just values it goes deeper then that. It is not just about sex it is the feeling of insecurity, a need of being wanted, there are all kinds of deep emotions that enter into the picture.

pomtzu
09-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Perhaps they could try some kind of resolution, but usually at that point it's too late.

That's the point I was getting at. At least if they would try, even if it didn't work, then when they do go their separate ways, they might feel better about themselves. I would rather think I put some effort into a possible resolution, rather than running away and seeking solace with others who probably don't give a rat's a$$ about me anyway, no matter how sweet the talk they talk. :p

Just a little bit of useless info here: if my ex and I hadn't split, today would have been our 48th anniversary. Yup - I really am ancient!!!!

Asiel
09-04-2010, 11:47 AM
But these people are consenting adults, they are not doing anything that they believe is wrong. It's not against the law. They are free to choose how they live their own lives.
Why condemn someone who doesn't look up to your expectations as to how they should behave ???

Yes, they are consenting aduts even if I think they're acting like spoiled brats who want every toy in the store. But condemning them, no I'm not condeming them, I couldn't care less what they think of my values or opinions. Not doing anything that they believe is wrong? Sorry, the fact they they can be found in seedy motels or out of the way places so they won't be recognized makes me think they know that they are doing wrong. I'll just keep working on my own life and they can do what they want with theirs. I see quite a few elderly people in nursing homes who never get visitors...the reason? They chose to wreck their family in favour of a romp in the hay so the family doesn't have anything to do with them. Are they lonely...you bet, too late for them. That romp in the hay wasn't the answer to their troubles but it hurt a lot of people along the way . You reap what you sow has always been my belief.
Funny how the OP went into hiding after the discussion got under way, must be sitting back laughing , reminds me so much of someone else....stir the honey pot and let's see how many bees I get...

Bonny---I have to agree with you about the "in sickness and in health" part.
Anyone who can work through that one deserves a medal. To so many it would be an excuse to justify walking out, bravo to those who remember their vows...forever and ever till death do you part.

pomtzu
09-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Funny how the OP went into hiding after the discussion got under way, must be sitting back laughing , reminds me so much of someone else....stir the honey pot and let's see how many bees I get...

Careful there girl - you might wake the other one up. Let the lion sleep! :D

Asiel
09-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Careful there girl - you might wake the other one up. Let the lion sleep! :D

Yeah, slipped my mind, sorry about that. Maybe that lion has a thorn in the mouth :D

wombat2u2004
09-04-2010, 08:31 PM
But the lion had some very valid points kids. ;)

Bonny
09-04-2010, 09:02 PM
The lioness sure knows how to stir our puddin. :D

wombat2u2004
09-04-2010, 09:34 PM
The lioness sure knows how to stir our puddin. :D

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D:D

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/ww.jpg

wombat2u2004
09-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah, slipped my mind, sorry about that. Maybe that lion has a thorn in the mouth :D

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance." ;)

pomtzu
09-05-2010, 07:13 AM
But the lion had some very valid points kids. ;)

You don't know the lion that Asiel and I are referring to. Consider yourself lucky! :D

Bonny
09-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Is it a lion or lioness that you are talking about? Where for art they? Are they in hiding? :confused:

pomtzu
09-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Is it a lion or lioness that you are talking about? Where for art they? Are they in hiding? :confused:

:D:D It's a lioness who lives a ways from here. She only wakes up when she gets bored and wants attention or pity for some fabricated drama in her life. Shhhh - let her sleep please! :p :D

Bonny
09-05-2010, 08:28 AM
ok I will ssshhh so she doesn't wake up, but the fabricated drama sound interesting.;)

pomtzu
09-05-2010, 08:36 AM
ok I will ssshhh so she doesn't wake up, but the fabricated drama sound interesting.;)

Drama Queen personified! If it wasn't truly pathetic, then it would be laughable.......:eek:

wombat2u2004
09-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Now now girls....sheath those claws.
Be nice. :D

wombat2u2004
09-05-2010, 09:17 AM

Would Cinderella hide from the two wicked sisters ???? :p

Bonny
09-05-2010, 09:58 AM
I guess? Cinderella had one heck of a life until she met prince charming & ended up barefoot, pregnant, & in the kitchen.:( You can run but you can not hide.:eek:

pomtzu
09-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Would Cinderella hide from the two wicked sisters ???? :p

If she's smart.........:p

Asiel
09-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Hard to hide from hunters who live nearby shhh, no energy for drama today.

So cold it's crazy. Last week we were in the 30's, yesterday and today it's freezing, went down to 7 last night and today the high is only 13, cold north wind and no sun , when we get a shower it forms into wee snowflakes but melts as it falls :mad:

pomtzu
09-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Hard to hide from hunters who live nearby shhh, no energy for drama today.

Careful now. Don't want to tell where people live! But - isn't it "La-La Land"? - or was it "The land of Make Believe"? - or "The Land of the Lost"???? :p

Asiel
09-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Not sure, thought it could be The Land Of The Loons or maybe that was The Land Of The Confused ;)

wombat2u2004
09-05-2010, 08:03 PM
So cold it's crazy. Last week we were in the 30's, yesterday and today it's freezing, went down to 7 last night and today the high is only 13, cold north wind and no sun , when we get a shower it forms into wee snowflakes but melts as it falls :mad:

You see ??? There IS Natural Justice !!!!
Mother Earth is watching and taking notes of all that is written on this thread.
Pomtzu and Bonny ??? Your turns are next !!!!
Bad things will now happen....chickenhouses will fall down, your cars will get flat tyres.......stuff like that. :p:p

Bonny
09-05-2010, 09:16 PM
You see ??? There IS Natural Justice !!!!
Mother Earth is watching and taking notes of all that is written on this thread.
Pomtzu and Bonny ??? Your turns are next !!!!
Bad things will now happen....chickenhouses will fall down, your cars will get flat tyres.......stuff like that. :p:p

Actually I noticed the left hind tire was low on the car last week & drove to a gas station & had air put in it. The bulls got in a fight years ago & knocked the chicken coop over while the chickens ran out the side door cackling. The dog did almost get sprayed by a skunk today on a walk but I called him off & he listened for once. I try to stay a step ahead of disaster if I can help it.:D

wombat2u2004
09-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Actually I noticed the left hind tire was low on the car last week & drove to a gas station & had air put in it. The bulls got in a fight years ago & knocked the chicken coop over while the chickens ran out the side door cackling. The dog did almost get sprayed by a skunk today on a walk but I called him off & he listened for once. I try to stay a step ahead of disaster if I can help it.:D

You see...it's already beginning.
The only way you can prevent disaster befalling you, is to go back thru this thread and delete all of the naughty things you have said about the OP.
Asiel had better do that to.....or tonight it's going to get down to 50 below zero, and icicles will hang in festoons from her toes. :p

Catty1
09-05-2010, 10:15 PM
"Festooned toes" - could be a whole new fashion trend! :D

Bonny
09-05-2010, 10:19 PM
You see...it's already beginning.
The only way you can prevent disaster befalling you, is to go back thru this thread and delete all of the naughty things you have said about the OP.
Asiel had better do that to.....or tonight it's going to get down to 50 below zero, and icicles will hang in festoons from her toes. :p

But I never found out who the OP is? Are there two OP's? Marigold gets everyones brains working over time. :cool: That isn't a bad thing you know. :)

Asiel heat your soap stone up by the wood stove to put down by your feet tonight.

wombat2u2004
09-05-2010, 10:23 PM
"Festooned toes" - could be a whole new fashion trend! :D

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/mbkn22l.jpg

wombat2u2004
09-05-2010, 10:26 PM
But I never found out who the OP is? Are there two OP's? Marigold gets everyones brains working over time. :cool: That isn't a bad thing you know. :)

The OP is.......
Wait....the mailman is here.
I'll be back.

Bonny
09-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Excuses! Excuses! :D

Asiel
09-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Omg----Wombat is right. Don't know if Bonny or Pom survived the wrath of Mother Earth but she was in a foul mood last night. When I got up this morning there was a thick frost covering everything and the high was exactly 2 degrees. So far there's a bit of sun shining through but the black clouds rolling in are threatening to say the least. My tires are fine and the chicken coop is still standing.
And with that heated soapstone I managed to save my toes. Unfortunately all my marigolds have succumbed to the frost and are now just soggy vegetation.
What did the mailman bring Wom, the identity of the OP? So far I can't seem to remember who that was.
Bonny, could you be right? Could there be two mysterious OP's, or 3?

pomtzu
09-06-2010, 07:53 AM
And with that heated soapstone I managed to save my toes. Unfortunately all my marigolds have succumbed to the frost and are now just soggy vegetation.

Is this some kind of subliminal message???? :p

A little chilly here this a.m. and yesterday too - warming back up to the 80's later tho. No chicken coop here, and the tires are fine, other than needing a little air. Car has to go thru inspection this week, I hope the tires are good enough to pass. New ones aren't in the budget!!!!!!!!!

Bonny
09-06-2010, 08:04 AM
Omg----Wombat is right. Don't know if Bonny or Pom survived the wrath of Mother Earth but she was in a foul mood last night. When I got up this morning there was a thick frost covering everything and the high was exactly 2 degrees. So far there's a bit of sun shining through but the black clouds rolling in are threatening to say the least. My tires are fine and the chicken coop is still standing.
What did the mailman bring Wom, the identity of the OP? So far I can't seem to remember who that was.
Bonny, could you be right? Could there be two mysterious OP's, or 3?

Glad you saved your toes:D. Jack Frost has already hit in the far far northland already.:eek: Now there are possibly three OP"s. This is getting better every minute. :cool::D And I have to go to work.:(

Asiel
09-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Is this some kind of subliminal message???? :p

A little chilly here this a.m. and yesterday too - warming back up to the 80's later tho. No chicken coop here, and the tires are fine, other than needing a little air. Car has to go thru inspection this week, I hope the tires are good enough to pass. New ones aren't in the budget!!!!!!!!!

Pom are you reading my mind again ? :D

Can't believe it's this cold, at least it went up to 12 but not comfy with that cold rain. I can only dream of seeing the 80's again this year. I'd settle for 70 though. Hope your tires pass inspection, sure glad we don't have this here, you're as bad as Britain with their checks. I think I'll be wearing a jumper all week if it doesn't warm up.

Bonny- hope you were able to keep your mind on your work today. When the cat's away, the mice will play.

wombat2u2004
09-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Oh dear dear.........getting a bit cool over there girls ????
And Bonny.....how was work ????
I was pondering these things today as I sat on the beach getting a tan, and slowly licking an ice cream cone.
I thought......gee I'm lucky I'm not Asiel or Bonny....hee hee :p:p

pomtzu
09-06-2010, 06:29 PM
I was pondering these things today as I sat on the beach getting a tan, and slowly licking an ice cream cone.

Look at it this way Wom - we're right side up, and you're up side down. When it's Christmas time here, we actually have cold weather and/or snow to get us in the spirit, and Santa and the reindeer make deliveries in the cold, snowy night. Does Santa deliver to the little kids down there by surf board??? Now that would be quite a sight to see.....:p

Asiel
09-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Look at it this way Wom - we're right side up, and you're up side down. When it's Christmas time here, we actually have cold weather and/or snow to get us in the spirit, and Santa and the reindeer make deliveries in the cold, snowy night. Does Santa deliver to the little kids down there by surf board??? Now that would be quite a sight to see.....:p

Too funny Pom.....but you know what? I think I'd rather do without Santa this year and hang upside down where it's warm. I think by December I might be glad we have the white stuff, it's just too early to be this cold and the whole week is supposed to be like this. Right now there's a deluge falling and I'm watching the thermometer so it doesn't go down past 1 degree or the ground will be white tomorrow...yuck....

So you think we should go kick a bit of sand in Wom's ice cream...a bit of flavour would be good :D

wombat2u2004
09-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Look at it this way Wom - we're right side up, and you're up side down.

But living upside down does have it's advantages.....all of our women wear skirts.....so we got that goin' for us :):):D:D

wombat2u2004
09-06-2010, 07:46 PM
So you think we should go kick a bit of sand in Wom's ice cream...a bit of flavour would be good :D

Nope. Yer too late....I've gobbled it all up already :p

Bonny
09-06-2010, 08:46 PM

Work was good & I got off after 4 hours & went to the big city of Rochester to celebrate sons big 40th & got to have ice cream & CAKE. :D

It is getting cooler yes & let it snow let it snow. There is nothing like snowshoeing, crosscountry skiing, sledding & building a snowman with the grandson. Putting lights on an outdoor tree with real snow on the branches, so lovely. Sipping hot chocolate out of a cup with a dash of peppermint schnapps after being out in the cold fresh air, that is the life of a snow bird. :D

wombat2u2004
09-07-2010, 04:07 AM
It is getting cooler yes & let it snow let it snow. There is nothing like snowshoeing, crosscountry skiing, sledding & building a snowman with the grandson. Putting lights on an outdoor tree with real snow on the branches, so lovely. Sipping hot chocolate out of a cup with a dash of peppermint schnapps after being out in the cold fresh air, that is the life of a snow bird. :D

Narp.....I'd rather the beach.
Did you know, that when I go the beach, I go topless ??? True :D:D

Asiel
09-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Bonny are you actually praying for snow this early? Good grief, I'm hoping to get the week over with so it just MIGHT warm up for another month. Guess I felt like you when I was able to do all those fun snow things...miss my downhill skis more than the cross country. I do miss the ice skating.

Lucky you--- ice cream AND cake . Some only had ice cream ;) Topless and looking under skirts...some are just shameless :D

Bonny
09-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Bonny are you actually praying for snow this early? Good grief, I'm hoping to get the week over with so it just MIGHT warm up for another month. Guess I felt like you when I was able to do all those fun snow things...miss my downhill skis more than the cross country. I do miss the ice skating.

Lucky you--- ice cream AND cake . Some only had ice cream ;) Topless and looking under skirts...some are just shameless :D

The snow can wait till December if it would & then after that watch out world. I don't even mind shoveling the stuff, it is good exercise then I have an excuse for the hot chocolate & schnapps. ;)

Wombat, I would be careful. You could get really bad sunburn by not wearing a top. Snicker! :D

Asiel
09-07-2010, 08:15 PM
The snow can wait till December if it would & then after that watch out world. I don't even mind shoveling the stuff, it is good exercise then I have an excuse for the hot chocolate & schnapps. ;)

Wombat, I would be careful. You could get really bad sunburn by not wearing a top. Snicker! :D

We get the white stuff way before December. But lo and behold it did warm up some today. We just had a some heavy winds and a huge downpour, looked like a wee tornado but things have settled. I hope tomorrow might prove the weatherman wrong and that we get sunshine and more heat.
I remember the days when snowblowing or shovelling was great fun for me too, those days are a memory . Can't stand hot chocolate so I'm not missing that part of it.

Took me all this time to find out wombat was a guy, hmmm, let him get the sunburn :D He sounds like an Aussie too, I have relatives in Aussie land.
I

wombat2u2004
09-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Some only had ice cream ;) Topless and looking under skirts...some are just shameless :D

I know....but great fun....eh ???? :D:D

wombat2u2004
09-08-2010, 01:30 AM
Took me all this time to find out wombat was a guy, hmmm, let him get the sunburn :D He sounds like an Aussie too, I have relatives in Aussie land.

Sheesh.......everyone knows I'm a guy. ;)

Asiel
09-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Call me a slow learner then but you definitely won't have the last word :D

wombat2u2004
09-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Call me a slow learner then but you definitely won't have the last word :D

SLOW LEARNER !!!! (There...I said it !!!) :D
So where do your relo's live ???? What State, city ???

lizbud
09-09-2010, 07:47 AM
If ever a prize were given to the thread gone most off topic, this one
would win hands down. Just saying.:rolleyes:

Anyone hear anything about the miners lately?

pomtzu
09-09-2010, 08:03 AM
If ever a prize were given to the thread gone most off topic, this one
would win hands down. Just saying.:rolleyes:

Wom's involved, so why would you expect anything else???:confused::D

Bonny
09-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Wom's involved, so why would you expect anything else???:confused::D

Are you picking on Wom? :D

pomtzu
09-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Are you picking on Wom? :D

Yup :p - and he loves every minute of it. :D

Miss Z
09-09-2010, 11:26 AM

Excellent post. Perhaps people who cheat in marriage are just too spineless to tell their partner that they want to end the relationship, or having many women/blokes on the go gives them a sense of personal power. Either way, I don't get it, and I personally couldn't look someone I'm supposed to care about in the eye whilst being concious of my own infidelity.

And as for a lioness being on the prowl, here she is in the thread... she's in my signature, and as you can see, she is very much awake. :D

pomtzu
09-09-2010, 12:28 PM
And as for a lioness being on the prowl, here she is in the thread... she's in my signature, and as you can see, she is very much awake. :D

And your lioness is much prettier than the one Asiel and I are referring to. Nope - the other one still sleeps. ~ ZZZZZZZZZZZ ~ Sssshhhhhh........;)

lvpets2002
09-09-2010, 12:28 PM
:p Hey I will never Kiss & Tell.. That is why I am Not Married & wont be.. Now then I said it too.. :D

Asiel
09-09-2010, 04:38 PM

May the Bird of Paradise fly up your nose for saying that Wom...I go away for a day and look what happens :D

My relatives are in Melbourne Victoria , one cousin is in Belrose if he hasn't moved again.

Asiel
09-09-2010, 04:40 PM
And your lioness is much prettier than the one Asiel and I are referring to. Nope - the other one still sleeps. ~ ZZZZZZZZZZZ ~ Sssshhhhhh........;)

Pom I'm falling off this chair here.. I think that lioness awaits the kiss of the handsome prince :eek:

Asiel
09-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Excellent post. Perhaps people who cheat in marriage are just too spineless to tell their partner that they want to end the relationship, or having many women/blokes on the go gives them a sense of personal power. Either way, I don't get it, and I personally couldn't look someone I'm supposed to care about in the eye whilst being concious of my own infidelity.

Thank you Miss Z...my feelings exactly. Your lioness is a pretty one but wrong one ;)

wombat2u2004
09-09-2010, 07:35 PM
:p Hey I will never Kiss & Tell.. That is why I am Not Married & wont be.. Now then I said it too.. :D

Good girl Helene....I'm with you.
While all these folks in here are picking on me.....I'm waiting for the postman.
I wonder if she'll stay awhile today, after delivering all of that mail ????
She probably will :D:D

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/wombat2u2004/untitled.jpg

wombat2u2004
09-09-2010, 07:37 PM
May the Bird of Paradise fly up your nose for saying that Wom...I go away for a day and look what happens :D

My relatives are in Melbourne Victoria , one cousin is in Belrose if he hasn't moved again.

Ahhhhhhhh.....Melbourne...way down south.