PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Weekend

Marigold2
09-01-2010, 07:29 PM
So what does everyone planned for this fun weekend? Daughter and I are going out of town for her movie premier and then Monday I am hopefully going to the Taste Of Cleveland.
There is a Led Zepplin Tribute band there and great food. Anyone going?
Cleveland will be rocking this weekend!

*LabLoverKEB*
09-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Well my family and another family were supposed to go to Bass Lake (near Yosemite, CA) with our ski boat and stay at a really nice little resort on the lake, but I'm sick with mono.:( I'm really bummed that I'm sick and the plans got cancelled.:(

Marigold2
09-01-2010, 08:13 PM
I am so sorry. Your will just have to make it up some how.

*LabLoverKEB*
09-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Thank you. Yes, we definitely will have to make it up!:)

blue
09-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Cleveland will be rocking!

http://www.bangitout.com/uploads/90drew_l.jpg

CLEVELAND ROCKS!!

Karen
09-01-2010, 11:03 PM
We'll be thinking of everyone who's going to be here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=162393) and of course of Phred, hoping he feels better, but are otherwise not doing anything much.

Alysser
09-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Working all weekend. :D I haven't had a labor day off in 3 years, which seems a bit ironic lol.

kitten645
09-02-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm going to the Sottish Games in Pleasanton CA. I go every year and celebrate my bay. Hope it's not too hot. Scorcher here today!

krazyaboutkatz
09-02-2010, 01:10 AM
I'll be going to a local cat show on Saturday. It's only about 5-10 minutes away from me.:) It's also on Sunday so who knows I may end up there again.:) I'll be having dinner with my parents like I usually do on Sunday. Other than that I don't have any big plans.

wombat2u2004
09-02-2010, 02:08 AM
Labor Day weekend ??? Is that a holiday ???
Every day is a holiday for me ;)

moosmom
09-02-2010, 05:44 AM
I'll be at Carol and Jeff house, complete with in-ground pool, flat screen tv and a tempur-pedic bed!!! Life is good!! It's supposed to be stifling out tomorrow. I know where I'll be!:D:D:cool:

Medusa
09-02-2010, 07:52 AM
Not doing much of anything. I usually host a cookout but I've decided not to this year. A friend and I may get together on Sunday but that's about it. One of her friends is having a get together and I'm invited but her house is so oppressive that I've chosen to stay home. There isn't a space in her house that isn't filled w/something, a knick knack or whatever so that I'm almost afraid to move. She keeps her TV on the game show network 24/7 and refuses to allow anyone to change it even though she isn't watching. So I think I'll catch up on a few household chores and maybe watch a movie or two. The temp is supposed to drop to 66 tomorrow and not much warmer on the following days so I doubt that I'll be missing much.

cassiesmom
09-02-2010, 01:05 PM
My nephew is assistant preparator at the Smart Museum. I've never been there so I'm going to head down this weekend to see their exhibit...

http://smartmuseum.uchicago.edu/exhibitions/good-design/

Bonny
09-02-2010, 01:40 PM
40 years ago I went into Labor on Labor Day. A cute little blonde blue eyed baby boy we named Donald was born. So we will be spending Labor Day with him & family celebrating his BIG 40th.:D

Asiel
09-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Always a family weekend for us, bbq's, games, just having the whole family together and enjoying. Something always seems to come up to make it even more fun.

phesina
09-02-2010, 03:28 PM
I will be doing some catsitting jobs and also my Monday morning shift at the cat shelter (since cats don't take holidays from eating or crapping).

Marigold2
09-02-2010, 05:03 PM
LOL and why should they, they are so good at it.

I will be doing some catsitting jobs and also my Monday morning shift at the cat shelter (since cats don't take holidays from eating or crapping).

Marigold2
09-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Yes Wom it is a big deal here. It is a three day holiday, it is always the first Monday in Sept. Most people get Monday off. It sort of marks the end of summer, kids are back in school for a week now or heading back to university. The mornings bring a bit of dew on the cars and the heat is finally leaving for some beautiful fall weather.
Lots going on in most cities. Concerts, fairs, food events, lots of people have picnics. Sports parties, boating parties.
Hope everyone has a great time.
Bonnie Happy Birthday to your son.
Mary why don't you come down to the Taste of Cleveland with daughter, boyfriend and me?
Labor Day weekend ??? Is that a holiday ???
Every day is a holiday for me ;)

momcat
09-02-2010, 07:01 PM
40 years ago I went into Labor on Labor Day. A cute little blonde blue eyed baby boy we named Donald was born. So we will be spending Labor Day with him & family celebrating his BIG 40th.:D

Funny how things work out sometimes. My pregnancy with Mike was medically confirmed on Labor Day.

We plan to just hang out, relax, and watch whatever marathon is on tv over the weekend.

A safe and fun holiday to one and all!