PDA

View Full Version : Halo ~ Happy Gotcha Day!

kuhio98
09-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Eight years ago the sweetest kitty I've ever known joined our family.

It was a month after losing Kuhio and Bobcat went to the shelter and brought this shy girl home. Since then, she's welcomed 4 more kitties into our home. She has been a joy.

We're just so sorry that she will be leaving us soon. Halo (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=162407) is still eating and drinking but she is losing weight rapidly. Please keep her in your prayers.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/Halo1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Kuhio%20Halo%20Cammie/Halo2.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
09-01-2010, 11:47 AM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY HALO!!! I've been following her thread and I'm so sorry that this is happening to such a sweet cat.:( I hope that she'll be able to remain as comfortable as possible with the time she has left with you. She remains in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Freedom
09-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Halo, what a lovely lady! And still enjoying nap times, eh? LOL

Happy GOTCHA Day, Sweet Gal!

Prayers coming your way.

cassiesmom
09-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, beautiful Halo and BIG prayers for your health :love:

sirrahbed
09-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Happy Gotcha day, pretty Halo!! We will continue to pray that her remaining days are good ones. :love:

Even though microchipping most likely caused this, I would still encourage having the procedure done. There are risks either way. It is a good idea to check the microchip site - I never would have thought to do that - but am still glad that all of my pets have the chips. We do what we think is best - things can go bad either way. Continued prayers are being said for sweet Halo - hoping that she has happy times still ahead.

katladyd
09-01-2010, 01:59 PM
I believe in microchips, but people should be warned about the risks they pose. My cats are indoor only and have no interest in being outdoors, so I won't have them chipped. My boyfriend has a kitty he adopted from the Humane Society and she was chipped. We are now keeping an eye on her because of Halo's story. When he adopted her, I was so glad she was chipped because of Kuhio's story. Life is indeed strange.

Laura's Babies
09-01-2010, 02:58 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY HALO!!

All mine are micro chipped and they never go outside but you never know what could happen, especially during hurricane season along the gulf shore states.. that is why mine are micro chipped. I hate this is happening to her and you. It is such a strange thing to happen with one you didn't have micro chipped that could have saved his life and now have one that is loosing hers because you did microchip her.. It just don't seem right to me...:(

phesina
09-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, dearest beloved Halo!!!!!

Your family loves you so very, very much, and so do we all on Pet Talk. You are a joy to know!

Love :love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat, Poppy, Sydney, Bob, Elmer, and Sparkler

pomtzu
09-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Halo. You are such a beautiful and peaceful looking soul.
May your remaining days be pain free and happy. :love:

Taz_Zoee
09-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Halo!! I hope you enjoy every moment you have with the family that loves you so much. You are one beautiful kitty. :)

catmandu
09-01-2010, 05:04 PM
We are all sending Extra Special Purrrrrrrs , Head Bimpies and Kitty Kissie for Dear Halo.
We are praying that Your Family and White Coats can keep you from losing weight, and make you all better again.
WE are all sending Our Best To You Halo, You are a Wonderful Lady Cat.

momcat
09-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Halo! You sure are one beautiful kitty. Enjoy your very special day with lots and lots of love from your wonderful furever family. Many prayers continue to be prayed for you!

Sending tons of Happy Gotcha Day scritchies, lovies, and smoochies just for you :love: :love:

phesina
09-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Dear Cali, I just love your pictures! You are SOOOOO beautiful and SOOOOOO full of love!

More sweet kissies and happy wishes on your Gotcha Day. :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Catty1
09-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, dear Halo! What a beautiful blessing you are to your family, including the other four kitties that you welcomed with open heart and paws.:love::love:

Hugs and kisses to you, and rubs on that furry tummy too!:)

Felicia's Mom
09-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Happy Gotcha Day beautiful Halo.:love:

Killearn Kitties
09-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, beautiful Halo! We love you sweetie and hope that you enjoy all the days that you have. Of course, we hope that they number more than anyone thinks possible. :love:

kuhio98
09-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Halo ~ Thanks you all.

She is eating well. Hard to get her to drink, though.
Still going to the cat box. Her gorgeous green eyes are still bright and alert. She purrs her brains out most of the day. But, if you look closely, you can almost see the tumors growing. :(

We have an appointment with a pet communicator tomorrow night. We hope that we hear something in the reading that let's us know Halo's wishes. She doesn't appear to be in any pain, but we don't want her to experience any pain. :(