PDA

View Full Version : Pinot and All Catmobile Friends

momcat
08-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Hi fellow kitties!
I just found out that Sydney, Ming, and Bob are going to the Scottish games in Pleasanton to play their bagpipes this weekend. We really need to be there with our friends during their first public performance and the Catmobile is ready when we are.

I know time is tight on this one but this is for our friends, The PT Kitty Bagpipe Trio. Can we pull this off, Pinot?

Come on, everyone. Get your sunglasses and check in. Let's be there and support our friends, what do you say?

Your friend,
Groucho

Killearn Kitties
08-31-2010, 03:33 PM
My girls are on their way! Sunglasses packed along with a few tartan accessories. :D

cassiesmom
08-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Meow! CAT-lifornia?! I'd love to go! My cousin Milo can't go because his favorite human is coming home from college for the weekend. He can't wait for his best purr-son to come home and give him some hugs.

Purrs,
Cassie

dehlers43
08-31-2010, 04:18 PM
The Princess and Franklin will be there...after all, Pleasanton is practically in our back yard!
Chels did sort of wrinkle her nose a bit when I mentioned bagpipes but I assured her the boys had been practicing ....and then she did something a bit odd....when I mentioned Ming, her ears perked up and she started purring.....really loudly......:D

phesina
08-31-2010, 06:56 PM
Look who else is all ready for the Catmobile trip!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=136&pictureid=2821

Pinot's Mom
08-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Oh, Pinot's excited! She LOVES Morris (although not as much as her sweetheart, Roco), and of course, would love to see the bagpipers! She'll set about trying to make sure her purrents party this weekend is all set to her satisfaction, then she'll set up the plan for the quick trip to Catlifornia. She's too busy to talk right now....

astrid
08-31-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm sooooo in!
If my BFFF Chels is gonna be there we'll have so much fun together again.. cool!

Gorgeous as usual,
Sophie

catmandu
09-01-2010, 09:56 AM
:love::love::love:
Juke Joint Joseph and His Beloved Lady Edwina Rose, Eddie and Winnie offer the use of their Home to All Cat Mobile Travekllers and they know a Great 24/7 Supermarket for Take Out!!!
:love::love:
Their Deli is a half mile long:cool::cool:
Lots of Food For All:love::love:

dehlers43
09-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey Sofie,
Shall we surprise everyone with the outfits we bought at that cute little shop near Gretna Green?????

purrs from your BFFF
Chels

katladyd
09-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Ming was SO excited when he read that a certain kitty lady is going to be in Pleasanton to here the pipers play, he also started purring very loudly. He usually only purrs that loud when he has a bit o' the nip! Hmmm...I wonder what he is thinking?:confused: Could it be that pretty little kitty princess he told me about?

dehlers43
09-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Hmmm... Franklin will be there this time...maybe that will help keep The Princess out of trouble....or at least keep her from dyeing her fur....:D

phesina
09-01-2010, 09:01 PM
The rest of the gang will for sure be there (they're stowing away in Bob and Sydney's luggage)... they CAN'T WAIT to see the Bagpipe Trio perform for the public!

CAT-LIFORNIA, HERE WE COME!!!!!!

astrid
09-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Hey Sofie,
Shall we surprise everyone with the outfits we bought at that cute little shop near Gretna Green?????

purrs from your BFFF
Chels

Absolutely! And maybe we can go shopping for Halloween too ;)

lvpets2002
09-02-2010, 12:44 PM
:cool: Oh WoW a Party to go too.. We are all ready & packed.. We wills go shopping for some snacks & bring catnip tea.. ;)

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/bogart2009/3390660414_edbaefc2f5sunglasses.jpg

cassiesmom
09-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Absolutely! And maybe we can go shopping for Halloween too ;)

Dear Sophie and Chelsea Pearl -- Can I please go with you on your Halloween shopping trip? I'd like to find a treat for Michael and the Found Cats.

Purrs,
Cassie

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT83XCJ1V4IRupobJWqxSG-VgyiyVVNSvSxDaCfqsUTZ1MqKrI&t=1&usg=__nKRIr-VFbV32lqtQhBK9DMDByYE=
"Cats on a Plaid Blanket"

Pinot's Mom
09-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Hey Kitties! I think my purrents party will go off well, I feel safe in leaving things in their hands now (and with about 50 people coming over, I don't really want to be here, anyway!), so it's on to Pleasanton! Are you all ready?? The Catmobile will be whisking by your house sometime in the wee hours of tomorrow morning to get us to the festivities on time! :) The route's all planned for the kitties signed on, if you haven't yet, please call me this evening and I'll add you to the route! Slainte! :D:cool:

"PLEASANTON -- The 145th annual edition of the Scottish Gathering and Games kicks off Friday with a parade down Main Street, featuring the U.S. Marine Band San Diego. The Scottish Games festivities begin at 9 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Bring on the bagpipes! And the highland dancers and heavy weight athletes. Don't forget the fish 'n' chips -- and the ale. * Living history: Reenactment guilds with Mary Queen of Scots and her entourage; Highland Warriors, Roman Legions and invading Vikings; period artisans and craftsmen. * Gathering of the Clans: This is the place, with nearly 100 clan tents, to research one's heritage for Scottish blood. * Birds of Prey: More than 20 exotic birds, including hawks, falcons and owls. * Sheep dog trials: Demonstrations by the Northern California Working Sheepdog Association. * Clydesdale horse team.* Highland cattle, aka "coos": With long coats of hair, these magnificent animals are ready for the cold Scottish winter. * Whisky Tasting: For an additional cost, sample premium single malt whiskies and/or attend a seminar with a Whisky Master."

Good times!!

momcat
09-02-2010, 03:11 PM
The rest of the gang will for sure be there (they're stowing away in Bob and Sydney's luggage)... they CAN'T WAIT to see the Bagpipe Trio perform for the public!

Hey guys, you don't have to squish yourselves in Bob and Sydney's luggage - there's plenty of room in the Catmobile for you to stretch out in comfort.

Hi Ms. Killearn Kitties, Your girls arrived in Trenton safe and sound. They're at my place now resting, talking on their cell phones, and waiting for Soncat to arrive home from work with Cheezburgers for dinner.

The Catmobile is fully stocked with our usual array of tasty snacks and ready to go. We're waiting for a few more arrivals now. After our Cheezburgers it's naps for all of us until the very careful Catmobile driver gets here between 10:00 & 11:00 pm then we're on our way.

Pinot, I'll call you when we get to Ellicot City. Fellow travellers, grab a nap and turn your cell phones on. See all of you very soon!

Your friend,
Groucho

PS: DON"T FORGET YOUR SUNGLASSES!!!

phesina
09-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Oh, you've convinced us.. we will be ready and all set to go early tomorrow morning with our pals on the Catmobile! We will check in by cell phone for exact time.

Poppy, Elmer, and Sparkler

Killearn Kitties
09-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Thank you Groucho, for taking such good care of my girls. They will certainly be looking forward to seeing Soncat again (with all those cheezburgers!)

I expect that they are relaxing in their very favourite tartan accessory -

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7d726b3127ccec25a13543a1c00000010O00BZOWbJu3bsQ e3nwQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

dehlers43
09-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Dear Sophie and Chelsea Pearl -- Can I please go with you on your Halloween shopping trip? I'd like to find a treat for Michael and the Found Cats.

Purrs,
Cassie

Well of course! Three purrs are always better than two!

I'm getting excited! Chels aka The Princess

slick
09-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Well I don't know if Merlin will be there or not as he's still recovering fromthe last trip. My senior boy sure needs his sleep these days. Anyway, I've given him the option. He loves the bagpipes (I used to play them years ago) and of course he loves his Sparkler - he'll call you today and let you know, Groucho.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Angel and Chip and Chuck are grounded so won't be able to come this trip. :(
They knocked my floor lamp over the other night and opened two bags of kitty litter and threw it all over the kitchen. What a mess!!! They need to prove they can behave themselves before they will be allowed another trip. :love:

astrid
09-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Well of course! Three purrs are always better than two!

I'm getting excited! Chels aka The Princess

Me too!!! We'll have so much fun!!!

Hey Chels, Angel, Chuck and Chip are grounded... can you help me to convince Mrs. Momoffuzzyfaces that we'll keep an eye them so she would let them go??

momcat
09-03-2010, 03:23 PM
An e-mail just came in from the Catmobile. Groucho says everyone is fine and on their best behavior. They're watching Cats 101 on Animal Planet and laughing hysterically at what they call all the misinformation on the program. Franklin has settled right in and has made plans with the other guy kitties to do "guy stuff" at the games rather than stay with Chels. Already Franklin is very well liked by one and all. He also got himself some sunglasses.

The kitty krew is enjoying the snacks, catching up on the gossip, and so far having a great time. The Catmobile is running a bit ahead of schedule and it looks like they'll reach Pleasanton in plenty of time to catch the opening of the games.

Before they left last night, I reminded all of them to stay away from the beer, ale, and other spirits since they're all underage. No word on when the PT Kitty Bagpipe Trio will be called on stage.

Purrents, please let us know if you hear from your sweeties?

katladyd
09-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Mac and Ming left early this morning on the Amtrak. I will let everyone know when I hear from them. We had to do some talking to get them to allow those bagpipes on the train with Ming as carry-on luggage!:rolleyes:

dehlers43
09-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Hey Chels, Angel, Chuck and Chip are grounded... can you help me to convince Mrs. Momoffuzzyfaces that we'll keep an eye them so she would let them go??

Well how about letting Grandma and/or Winnie join The Princess Purr Posse? They deserve to have a bit of a vacation.... :)
xox - Chels

Pinot's Mom
09-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Post from Catberry Mobile..

Mom, all settled in on Main Street after the parade; the Catmobile is in a great spot. Sorry the grounded kitties couldn't make it but I know what grounded means, and there's not any way they could come. Shopping has begun, we'll be on to the fairgrounds tomorrow. Love ya Mom!:love: Pinot

catmandu
09-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Our Awesome Angels Army are having a Big Party at the Canadian National Exhibit in Toronto over the Labor Day Weekend.:love::love:
There will be so many things to see and do , and a Huge Food Exhibit with Graet Food from All Over the World so that every Nationality of Angel will have something to eat from their Home and Native Land:cool::cool:

All Pet Talkers of course are most welcome, especially the Catmobile:love::love::love:

momcat
09-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi Purrents,
We are having such a super time here at the Scottish Games. There's so much to see and do that we don't know where to start.

Well, the PT Kitty Bagpipe Trio performed for the first time in public yesterday. They did exceptionally well and the crowd loved them! Sydney, Ming, and Bob looked fantastic in their tartans and sunglasses as they played and danced on the stage. The Trio did so well that they were asked to play again in the closing ceremonies today. By the way, Franklin is now taking bagpipe lessons from Ming. Chels is not impressed.

The ladies are all off shopping and we guys are going to check out the food stands. See you in a few more days.

Your friend,
Groucho

katladyd
09-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Got a text from Mac. "Mom, Ming did really well on those bag things. You would be proud. Coming home in a few days. Having a good time. What do you think of blue hair dye. Love, Mac." BLUE HAIR DYE??!!:eek:

dehlers43
09-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Text from The Princess....

The Purr Gurrls are having great time. Ming is a fab piper. I love the color blue. Franklin's bringing home recipe for haggis - you make?
luv chels

momcat
09-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Blue hair dye??? Soncat checked everything on the Catmobile before they left just to make sure nothing was being smuggled on the trip. There was no blue hair dye to be found!!! :eek:

We purrents must do something about this Catmobile code of silence!

Edwina's Secretary
09-05-2010, 11:26 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/tamedwina.jpg?t=1283747136

astrid
09-05-2010, 11:34 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/edwinaandeddie/tamedwina.jpg?t=1283747136

omg!!!!!!!!! Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pinot's Mom
09-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Welcome back Lady Edwina! :)

Pinot did report the bagpipers were a success and the shopping has been great. I've heard nothing about blue hair dye, but with Pinot's coloring I don't think blue would take.;) They've also made friends with some of the pups doing a performance of herding, so there may be a little bit of a doggie smell in the Catmobile; we'll see.

momcat
09-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Lady Edwina, How wonderful to see you! How is Eddie? We miss both of you and hope you'll join us again. As always, you look lovely in your tartan! Scritchies and lovies to you and Eddie :love: :love:

phesina
09-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Oh, it's just wonderful to see H.H. Lady Edwina again, as always dressed in style especially for the Scottish Games in Pleasanton!

Please stay around, Lady E! We have all missed you so much.!

katladyd
09-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Plaid looks so very good on you, Edwina. I am so thrilled you posted this lovely picture. The lady kitties have been lost without your fashion sense. Do try to discourage the dying of the hair.:D

catmandu7
09-06-2010, 03:22 PM
It is so good to see you again HH Lady Edwina Rose!!
Your Joseph I pray convinced you to ask your secretary to put you back on so we can all admire your fashion sense!!
I am so glad that Juke Joint Joseph arrived all right and you can start your life together.
Joseph is a great Fetching Cat, he can get anything you want HH Lady Edwina Rose.

cassiesmom
09-06-2010, 08:17 PM
LADY EDWINA!!! Yay! There you are!

Text from Cassie...
Hi Meowm
Cat-lifornia is beautiful
We are all fine
Hope you are too
Guess what, Lady Edwina is here!
Lubz,
Cassie

Pinot's Mom
09-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Ah, well, the latest Catmobile caper is at an end. The games are finished in Pleasanton, the newest pipers are a hit, and who knows what color the fairer kitties have donned. Hopefully, Lady Edwina's wisdom has reigned. Some of the kitties have had the opportunity to connect with some long lost relatives, they have made friends with some herding pups and have done some power shopping! Pinot is none the less for the journey, she has, of course, not divulged a thing! :)

Killearn Kitties
09-08-2010, 06:30 AM
Well so far I have heard that the bagpipe trio were fabulous! Being asked to play in the closing ceremony was a great accolade. No wonder Franklin was inspired to learn. If Merlin's mummy teaches him some piping the catmobile could have its own pipe band for next year's games.

I understand that the catmobile crew had a great chat with the Clydesdale horses. They were most interested in them, because they looked a bit different from their racing horsey friends. I have no intelligence on whether a group of Clydesdales were in the catmobile though.

The girls did mention Lady Edwina's beautiful outfit and impeccable Highland dancing, but I have heard no mention of hair dye, blue or otherwise.

dehlers43
09-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Franklin and Chelsea came in, drank water, ate some kibble, used the box and then promptly went to sleep......not a word about their weekend but they were so exhausted they must have partied the entire time.
Franklin did bring home a suspiciously large package which I'm assuming are his new pipes....sigh....there goes my peace and quiet!:D

katladyd
09-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Oh, the bagpipes. You are in for it now, my friend. Ming is still sleeping it off, but I'm sure the bagpipe practicing will soon begin again.:eek: At least I can take comfort from the reports of his skill on the darn things.:rolleyes:

momcat
09-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Now that Franklin has taken up the bagpipes it looks like it's the PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet! There's quite a talented group of kitties we have here. Franklin, do you have your tartan yet?

From what Groucho said, which wasn't much, this was a great trip. The guy kitties participated in some of the games and the lady kitties were impressed with how well they did. Everyone had a great time learning how to herd from their new puppy friends. There was a big Catmobile party with the herding dogs and the Clydesdales. Their new horse friends took everyone for a ride around the venue too. Somewhere in there Sophie, Chels, Pinot, Cassie, Samantha, and Lady Edwina took off with the horses and puppies. When they returned a few hours later all the horses and puppies were sporting designer sunglasses!

Groucho is sound asleep, purring.....

cassiesmom
09-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Dear Pinot and Groucho,

Could the Catmobile please go to Connecticut in October so the kitties can cheer for Austin B.? He is a Sphynx cat and he is in this show. My meowmie has never seen a Sphynx cat in person but she has seen photos of them. Maybe we could also see beautiful autumn leaves while we are there. My meowmie said she will send extra cans of cat food to help our fellow kitties. (And Chicago pizza for us, if you like.) Does Connecticut have any horsies?

Thank you,
Purrs,
Cassie

He's entered in the Household Pet category. I think he's going to do great!!! I sent in the application this morning.

The cat show will be at the Connecticut Expo Center in Hartford. There'll be a ton of vendors, dog agility trials. It's a great place to bring the family. October 23/24th. Bring a can of cat food and get $1 off your $7 entry fee. I hope to see some of you New Englanders there so you can meet and see how well Austin B (his show name) does in the rings.

katladyd
09-09-2010, 02:20 PM
My boys would love to be there to cheer on Austin B. Count them in!

momcat
09-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Hi Cassie,
How are you doing Sweetheart? I hear you all had a lot of fun last weekend. To answer your question, Connecticut has lots of horses! I like them too, Soncat and I used to ride them...Soncat was a show jumper and won ribbons. I'll talk to Groucho about going to cheer for Austin at the cat show next month. He'll be in touch with you and Pinot.

Sending you lots and lots of scritchies, lovies, and kissies :love: