PDA

View Full Version : Hi and Question

Megs
10-24-2002, 04:05 PM
[COLOR=green]Hello everyone...I am new to the board as of today. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long it takes until you find out when or if your pet will be pet of the day. I e mailed a few weeks ago and was just curious as to how long it takes. I think I may be just a little anxious! Thanks and have a beautiful day :D

--Meg

Heather Wallace
10-24-2002, 04:18 PM
Hi, it took a few months before Bunny was pet of the day.

Megs
10-24-2002, 04:34 PM
Thanks Heather! :D

Heather Wallace
10-24-2002, 04:49 PM
No problems, you will get an email from Karen anyway telling you when it's your turn. Looking forward to it.

jenluckenbach
10-24-2002, 04:53 PM
Hi and Welcome. I hear that is could take a while. A lot of want-to-be's. Enjoy the board, though, in the meantime.

tatsxxx11
10-24-2002, 04:55 PM
Hi Meg and welcome to Pet Talk! Yes, it can be a long, anguishing wait, but well worth it!;)

Karen
10-24-2002, 05:43 PM
There's no specific time, really, but when a day is chosen for your pet, we will email you! We usually choose a week or two at a time, so it's not too long a wait between notification and the big day!

Megs
10-24-2002, 06:30 PM
Thanks for all the help and the welcomes! It is nice to be here. I didn't even know that this page existed until today. I am sure I will be posting here more often. If any of you are interested you could take a look at my webpage....click the link above. Oh and by the way, how do you get the cute pic to come up under your name? Have a wonderful night!

--Meg :D

AmberLee
10-24-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Megs
...how do you get the cute pic to come up under your name? ...

Hi, Megs, welcome. I think you'll really like it here. Can you tell us a bit about your pet? I have the two cats you see alternating in my avatar (the little photo under my screen name).

Unfortunately I can't tell you all that much about how to get the avatar to work. Casper and Kitty made mine for me and walked me through posting it -- I need a lot of help with computers! My cats are Perspicacity Pursonality "Cassy", the silver swirl tabby boy and Lady Olivia d'Flufferuni "Livvy", the brown Maine Coon mix girl.

Once again, welcome!

Megs
10-24-2002, 08:09 PM
I would be more than happy to share some info about myself. Well, we have two dutch rabbits. Miles Davis and Ella Fitzgerald. Miles (boy) is about 2 years old and is black and white. He is huge too, so cute. And then Ella (girl) is a little under 2 years. She is brown and white, a sweet heart as well. We live as a happy family in Minnesota. They are litter trained so they get to stay out all the time and have free reign over the household. They are outstanding pets. I am currently working and finishing getting my degree. Well, that is all for now. I hope everyone is doing well. Take care.

--Megs :)

popcornbird
10-24-2002, 10:04 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

For getting a picture under your user name (called an avartar) you will need to click on user cp, on the top right of the screen. Then click on edit options. Scroll down. Avartars will be the last option. Click on change avartar. You will find that you can put a url address to get one from the web, or browse and upload one from your computer. It has to be a small size though (60 x 60 pixels) so you will probaby have to resize the picture. Hope this helps! I have two cockatiels btw and they are the sweetest things!

Megs
10-24-2002, 10:16 PM
thanks popcornbird...I am going to give it a try!

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-25-2002, 07:11 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Megs!!

10-25-2002, 07:46 AM
Hi Megs ! I cannot answer your question , but want to welcome you here on Pettalk !! WARNING : this site is VERY addictive ...:rolleyes:
http://www.gifs.net/animate/aniplane.gif

K9karen
10-25-2002, 07:59 AM
Uh-Oh! Another PetTalk addict. Beware! There's NO cure!!! Welcome to the Family, Megs!

anna_66
10-25-2002, 08:19 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome1.gif
I looked at your bunnies, they are just beautiful! I will be looking forward to more pics of them!

Megs
10-25-2002, 09:43 AM
Thanks everyone...you are too kind! :D

--Meg

lynnestankard
10-25-2002, 11:37 AM
Meg - sorry I'm a bit late here - but a big http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/ACC35.GIF to you and I hope you will enjoy being here.

Lynne

Cataholic
10-25-2002, 11:42 AM
Hi Meg, and welcome to PT. It is sooo fun and free, and wonderful wonderful people are on it. I have six babies, with five of them identified below. Your rabbits are cuter than cute! What are you pursuing your degree in?
Johanna

Megs
10-25-2002, 03:58 PM
I am sure that I will really enjoy this board. I love to talk about my little sweeties. I love all kinds of animals, but these rabbits have stole my heart! I am majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in Art. All your pets (that I can see) are all so cute. They bring such happiness to everyday life don't they? Take care all.

--Meg :)

RockyRoad
10-25-2002, 04:28 PM
Ah, I am very late~

Welcome to Pet Talk!! It only took Floppsy three days to win POTD but I forgot to submit my e-mail adress so I didn't get a notification! Lol thank god I check it every day, but have not had time to post comments lately. With me failing science(that's right, I'm now failing)and all the homework there really is not much time to post, except the weekends!! Anyway, I am still waiting for Sally and Lady to win DOTD and COTD but that's ok! Anyway, hope you like it here, and sorry I was so late!:rolleyes:

RockyRoad
10-25-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Megs
I am majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in Art. All your pets (that I can see) are all so cute. They bring such happiness to everyday life don't they? Take care all.

--Meg :)

Did I see correctly??? You have a minor in art??? Does that mean like art like painting and stuff or art like the arts?? If you mean art then that is awesome!!! I looove art it is my favorite subject!! I plan to become an art teacher, and an artist (but of course a sled-dog musher as well!). Well, glad to hear you are doing something really cooooool!!

Megs
10-25-2002, 04:41 PM
My minor is art, like painting, drawing, sculpture...stuff like that. Art is great, it seems like you really have passion for it. Keep it up..you'll make a great teacher some day! :) I hope Miles and Ella make it into the Pet of the Day! :)