PDA

View Full Version : What's your dog's best command?

manda99
10-24-2002, 03:26 PM
That is, what does he obey the most?
Maybe it's just cuz he's a pup but Smokey seems to understand (or decides to obey) some commands better than others.

His best (no treat required):
Sit
Leave it
Kennel Up/Get in your kennel
Upstairs
Outside/Inside
Go Potty/Go PeePee (Which, by the way, I am happiest about cuz if I'm in a rush I can just say Go Potty! and he'll go right away)
Off (the couch, bed, chair, but not people! :rolleyes: )
Wait
Let's Go

And the ever popular *snap snap* with my fingers when he's in my place on the bed. He's good, I'll snap and he'll get up and go wait for me to get comfy before he comes back and makes himself even more comfy on me. :p

But he will only do "Down" if I have a treat and guide him into the down position. (He's learning "crawl", too. Will do it for a treat but he doesn't know the word command alone.)
He will only do stay for a treat but he won't "Stay" for his dinner. He'll sit and stay for a minute but as soon as the bowl hits the ground he's on it.

Man, I've got some work to do!

Andie
10-24-2002, 05:21 PM
Bull and Katie's best command is:

Bed
or
Bedtime

LOL they go running to bed (sometimes the wrong one but hey it's a bed)

ParNone
10-24-2002, 05:58 PM
Maddie's use to be Yodel and twas the cutest lil' yodel
you'd ever want to hear, but as she's gotten older she
doesn't bark or yodel much anymore. :( Her best one now
is Give me a Kiss and she'll lick me on the nose.

Murph's is Wave. He got that one down so good, that
whenever I have parties, he doesn't even need the command.
He'll just goes from person to person, sitting in front of them
waving his left paw at them, until he gets a potato chip.:)

And Oz, being the smart lil' Collie that he is, noticed how effective
the Wave thingy is from watching Murph and quickly followed
suit. He's apparently ambidextrous though and waves whichever
paw is closest to the food.:)

Par...

Crikit
10-24-2002, 06:47 PM
Smudges would be here or side, here is to get him on the left side and side is for the right side. Winters would probably be stay but that's only if Smudge isn't around, if Smudge is around it's really what ever he does she'll do.

slleipnir
10-24-2002, 08:29 PM
Josie will do ANYTHING for a treat, and if she knows she'll get one, she'll do anything I ask that she knows really well..list is long and i'm to lazy to type them lol. She'll do it without too, but shes more willing for treats.
I think her bests are sit pretty, sit, down, and paw.

Zekes is paw and other paw :D hehe

bnormal
10-25-2002, 06:33 PM
"eat"

Kfamr
10-25-2002, 06:39 PM
"Stay" has to be his best. He stays in any position for me.
Here are a few others.
"Kisses"
"Turn"
"Up"
"Shake"
"Up"
"Dance"
"Crawl".... Well almost all of them he does his best lol.

Honey's is "Speak!"

anna_66
10-27-2002, 08:04 AM
Well I think there are quite a few commands that Angus & Roxey are pretty good at, but sweet little Huney...her best command is "sit". But she does try the others so hard, she just gets too excited!
Now Angus's is "sit", "sit pretty":rolleyes:, "shake right" or "shake left" and "down"
Roxey she's good at so many, lets see....
"sit",
"down",
"finish",
"stay" (either in the sit or down position),
"shake left" or "shake right",
"paws up",
"wave"..........there are so many so I'll stop there!
Want to know the one she's not so good at "COME"! If we are not in our yard, it's the hardest thing to get her to come, but we're working on that one, she's just a stubborn Husky!

Tucker216
10-27-2002, 05:15 PM
Tucker knows a few like... Sit, and he is so so on Stay lol but what he does best is " Say Hi" and he knows the name for each of his toys.. ball ...Tug Tug...Bone..

Also when I say " Tucker Meet.. he will shake paws with ya but my Favorite thing he does is OPEN! When I have an arm full of clothes and Iam leaving the pantry he will grab the towel I hung on the door for him and he will pull it till the door opens for me !

and when he has to potty he will bring his leash to you! funny thing is it took me 5 mins to teach him to open the door and 2 months to teach him to shake hands lmao

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid34/p71eb7e89f3012462c2ab0f6d9cb1c00b/fd318094.jpg

l-leart l3reaka
10-27-2002, 05:19 PM
"Go to Bed"

wolf_Q
10-27-2002, 09:53 PM
Smokey...doesn't listen much.....
Sit
Shake
Rollover

Reggie...listens better then Smokey...
Sit
High five
Shake
Down

Nebo..listens the best..
Sit
Down
Shake
Speak
Crawl

(these are not all of their tricks, just the ones they will do w/o a treat........they all know roll-over but Reggie and Nebo *hate* doing it...)

Tanya&Fritz
10-28-2002, 10:55 AM
Hans:
Sit, stay, come, almost anything. He's very obedient.

Sparky:
Sit, stay, come.

Fritz:
Sit (when he feels like it) :D

ramanth
10-28-2002, 11:10 AM
Sit and heel she does pretty well without treats. The rest.. she wants payment for. *laughs*