PDA

View Full Version : Bath, why

GILL
08-27-2010, 12:50 PM
At 3:30 this morning Egypt, one of my main boys, decided that I needed a bath. he started washing my head and got very upset when I tried to move him. After some struggles I moved him down the bed, for 2 seconds. He ran back to my night stand and started too wash again. Any thing he could reach, eyes, cheek, nose, ear. By this time my wife was a wake and not to happy. Between me telling Egypt to KNOCK IT OFF and trying to move him, no one was sleeping. This want on for almost 45 minuets. This is the guy that tapped me on the shoulder in the shelter. So as I said he is my boy, I was ready to ring his neck this morning. That is if I didn't love him so much.
We have no problem with 4-7 sleeping with us every night, but I do shower, I don't need a bath at 3:30 AM.

Husky_mom
08-27-2010, 01:02 PM
haha.. or so you thought.. lol... :P

what a cutie!!

cassiesmom
08-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Awww, Dad! I wonder why Egypt decided to wash you in the small hours of the morning? Kitties...

Randi
08-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Aww, that was sweet of him to give you bath - well, I know 3:30 am isn't the perfect timing, but you must have needed it! :p Fister will always give me a bath when I have put on body lotion, it doesn't matter which one. I guess they're only trying to keep us clean. :love:

Freedom
08-27-2010, 02:36 PM
We have no problem with 4-7 sleeping with us every night, but I do shower, I don't need a bath at 3:30 AM.

Egypt disagreed -- as you discovered.

Hmm, you have had him a while, right? Maybe you were dreaming and making sounds in your sleep? Can't be that you were snoring (not that you DO!) but it that was it, seems he would be used to it.

Do you feel alright? We read so much about pets knowing when the owner was having a physical issue, maybe you had a small TIA while asleep?

Or MAYBE only Egypt knows the reason! :D

lvpets2002
08-27-2010, 03:15 PM
:love: How so Cute & Funny.. Now you know Dad has to be just as clean as your Egypt.. Yup I have a baby that wants to lick me to death too.. Anytime she is near me = she will start licking..

GILL
08-27-2010, 03:33 PM
I Feel great, besides Mits & Lucky are my nurses. Dimitri is my kisser. So this is some thing new for Egypt. Normally when I do get to sit and watch TV his is on my right and gives head bumps or snuggles. I get the same from Lucky on my left, then there's Dimitri on my chest with kisses. But they all know to leave me alone to get to sleep. Well Mits cuddles in my arm pit and Penny at my crotch. Once asleep Mits leaves to do his house check. So for the most part I only have a couple from my waist down, but NOT NEAR THE FEET, they fight back.
Having a bath is really great and we do have a few that are more then willing to do the job, BUT NOT AT 3:30 I think I might have to call the cat police and have him confined if he continues to do this. The jail is the back room (TV room & bathroom) with Roz, Mama, Lucky D, Pattie, Timmy and Dobe.

Laura's Babies
08-27-2010, 04:06 PM
You must have been dirtier than you realized! One nasty hooman and he was only trying to help...LOL!

To funny.... FORTYFIVE minutes? Arrrrrrrg! (not so funny!)

lvpets2002
08-27-2010, 04:28 PM
:eek: Good Gosh sounds like my babies took leasons from your babies or visa versa.. Same thing here at my house.. With my King Size Bed I still only get one edge of it.. But dont we just Love It.. Yup I do for sure love all the babies & their cuddles with me..;)

I Feel great, besides Mits & Lucky are my nurses. Dimitri is my kisser. So this is some thing new for Egypt. Normally when I do get to sit and watch TV his is on my right and gives head bumps or snuggles. I get the same from Lucky on my left, then there's Dimitri on my chest with kisses. But they all know to leave me alone to get to sleep. Well Mits cuddles in my arm pit and Penny at my crotch. Once asleep Mits leaves to do his house check. So for the most part I only have a couple from my waist down, but NOT NEAR THE FEET, they fight back.
Having a bath is really great and we do have a few that are more then willing to do the job, BUT NOT AT 3:30 I think I might have to call the cat police and have him confined if he continues to do this. The jail is the back room (TV room & bathroom) with Roz, Mama, Lucky D, Pattie, Timmy and Dobe.

momcat
08-27-2010, 10:22 PM
I might have to call the cat police and have him confined if he continues to do this.

Hi Egypt, A mutual kitty friend of ours called to tell me you might be in trouble. This is not good. Tell you what, call me on my cell phone so we can discuss your situation. Meanwhile, if the police do come admit nothing. If you want to, refer any questions to me. We must keep you out of jail. Don't worry, I represent all kitties pro bono.

Your friend,
Groucho the Lawyer
Practice Limited to Kitty Krimes and Aboose

Medusa
08-28-2010, 07:49 AM
Well, you apparently missed a spot when showering, John, and Egypt was helping you out, doing it discreetly at night when no other humans were around to notice. ;)

Freedom
08-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Oh Mary, that is HILARIOUS! LOL!!!

Any repeat overnight, John? :D As you well know, with pets, if you / they do something ONCE and it meets with THEIR approval, it is an established routine / habit, ha haaa.

catmandu
08-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Mr Scrappy:love::love: was my bath Cat , and he used to nuzzle my neck too.:love::love:
I used to have to push him off,. now I would give anything to have him showing his LOVE :love::love: once more:love::love:
I miss Mr Scrappy:love::love:

GILL
08-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Don't get me wrong I love the baths, just not at 3-3:30 in the morning. Medusa may be right , but on top of my head? Let me put it this way I have saved on hair cuts for many years.

Freedom
08-30-2010, 09:02 AM
I came up with a few possibilities!

1. You fell face down in a huge platter of Mouse Tartare! (Had to be a huge bowl, to reach your ears, lol)

2. You had fun rolling in the catnip!

:D :D :D

DriftyAlison0
08-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Alison is the same way. There are times when she expects us to go lay down with her so she can give our face a bath. Sometimes she keeps my mom up giving her face a bath. Luckily she stays with the face.

cassiesmom
09-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Gill, have you had any more late-night baths?

GILL
09-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Baths are on hold. Egypt has desided that he wants to sleep with the crew that's in the TV room. So he, Lucky, Lucky D, Timmy, Demitri, Mama, Olivia, Pattie, and Roz are staying together. Here they have the main bathroom, Mama and Demitri sleep in the tub. Timmy takes the bathroom window, Lucky D takes the side window and Egypt sleeps in my chair. The rest spead out between the cat beds and moms chair. Every night the line up changes as sometimes Mits, Princess, Bailey, or Lenny may join them. Penny and Boots were staying there for about a month. Now they are back to the rest of the house.
I have to see what happens when he desides to come out again. I think when cooler weather comes they all will be back out and in our bed.