PDA

View Full Version : I need advice on cruise lines...

moosmom
08-26-2010, 06:46 PM
My daughter is getting married next June and they're trying to plan their honeymoon. They want to go on a 7 day cruise to the Bahamas. The only two cruise lines that leave from NYC year round(my future son-in-law is afraid to fly) is Norwegian Cruise Lines and Carnival Cruise Lines.

Does anyone here have experience with either cruise lines they'd like to share? I'm leaning more towards Norwegian, since my best friend went on several cruises on Norwegian and has nothing but wonderful things to say about it. I haven't heard many people say they like Carnival.

I'd appreciate any stories or opinion, likes/dislikes, etc.

Thanks guys!!

Catty1
08-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Carnival is a family line - screaming kids, hot dogs, and wet t shirt contests.

Norwegian gets my vote.

Freedom
08-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Sorry, can't help, Donna.

K9karen
08-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Norweigan..classier
Catty1 is totally right about Carnival. Not honeymoon stuff.

Taz_Zoee
08-26-2010, 11:09 PM
I've been on Royal Caribbean and Carnival. I personally like Royal better. But a friend of mine swears by Carnival. She hated her Royal cruise.

Now, I have heard great things about Norweigan. Bruce's boss has cruised on it several times and he loves it (this man goes on one or two cruises a year).

So I'd have to go with Norweigan as well.

Alysser
08-27-2010, 12:15 AM
I went on a Norwegian Cruise about 2 years ago around Christmastime. It was a wonderful experience. We were never bored or unamused while at Sea. The destinations were great and the over-shore excursions were fun and very organized.

However, we were a group of 4 and our room said it could fit 4. While it did accomplish this, it was a very tight fit and something we wouldn't book again. We would pick an outdoor cabin and inside cabin. This was on the Norwegian Gem too, which was new then, so the older ships might have even smaller rooms. Just look into that first, but other then that we had a wonderful wonderful time and it was a perfect cruise.

moosmom
08-27-2010, 05:40 AM
I've been on two cruises, both on Royal Caribbean. Had great experiences both times.

I figured Carnival would be screaming kids, hot dogs and wet tee shirt contests, that's why I recommended Norwegian.

Thanks for the input everyone!!

ramanth
08-27-2010, 02:13 PM
My parents loved their Hawaiian and Alaskan cruises, but I don't know which cruise line they took. :)

Barbara
08-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Try to get a Berlitz Cruise Guide. For more than 25 years, Douglas Ward checks all the Cruising ships in the world. Maybe you can find it in a library.

Cataholic
08-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Lol, wet tee shirt contest? Seriously? Prolly not since the 1980s.

I was on a carnival cruise about 7 years ago. It wasn't at all like people are suggesting. But, Norwegian is a lot nicer of a line. The price probably reflects that, too.