PDA

View Full Version : Today is National Dog Day!

Freedom
08-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Give your dog a HUG!!

http://thenewsoftoday.com/today-is-national-dog-day/1634/

Today, Thursday, August 26th is National Dog Day. The holiday, founded by a woman named Colleen Paige gives dog owners, not only the opportunity to celebrate their pet, but also dogs everywhere. Dogs are man’s best friend supposedly, so why not have a day which is all about them. The holiday was originally created by Colleen to bring awareness to the thousands of dogs needing to be rescued each and every year.

The event was founded in 2004, making this the 6th year it is being celebrated. A few ways that you can celebrate the holiday with your dog are as follows:

* Shop for Toys. Toss away those old, broken toys, and buy new ones. Old toys can be health hazards to both dogs and their owners.
* Volunteer at a local animal shelter. If you don’t have a dog to celebrate with, this is a great way to celebrate the holiday. If you don’t have the time, than a donation can go very far as well.
* Host a Picnic or barbecue for your dog and all the dogs in the neighborhood.

More information on today’s holiday can be located at the official National Dog Day website at: http://www.nationaldogday.com/

chocolatepuppy
08-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Cool!:cool: I just happen to have a couple dogs!!! Happy Dog Day Layla and Jake!!!:D

Karen
08-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Hmm, I think every day is National Dog Day in Pet Talk homes!

chocolatepuppy
08-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Hmm, I think every day is National Dog Day in Pet Talk homes!

I bet you're right about that Karen!:D

Roxyluvsme13
08-26-2010, 09:11 PM
I wish I was at home so I could give my dog a huge hug. Oh well, I'll make up for it when I see her in a week!

Happy National Dog Day to all the PT pooches! :love:

cassiesmom
08-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Dear PT dog parents, please give your dogs some hugs for me! I love the diversity of our PT dogs, little and big, short and long coats, different colors and favorite things to do. (((HUGS)))