PDA

View Full Version : Hey I Might Be Getting a New Roomate!!

RockyRoad
10-24-2002, 03:00 PM
The opening for roomate in my room is currently closed. I have found a roomate who is very nice, and does not take up much space with his living quarters. You wanna know who it is??
Here's a Picture of him~

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/pb751988d9ed4c5ff656a46cc284e5363/fd26e563.jpg
His name is Floppsy Floppicus Floppster and he currently lives on 734 Backyard Hutch St. He is planning to live on my dresser since he can sleep in a ball and will not require many materials. I am excited to have him in my room because he is nice and friendly and fits my description very well. If all things go good, he shall be moving in next week :).

LoL!!
Yeah, you heard right! Floppsy might be coming inside! Well last night I was talking to my mom and telling her to read the posts on Pet General about Floppsy. Then she said she said "we'll see.." she just has to ask my dad, and I will get the results when he wakes up later! I hope they are good and I offered to pay for everything and give him constant care I cannot believe it is almost a yes! Wish me luck on convincing my stubborn dad:(.

Heather Wallace
10-24-2002, 03:09 PM
Hope you get your wish, let us know!

sammi
10-24-2002, 03:09 PM
That is great news!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet your really happy of course not as happy as Floppsy will be!:D :D

RockyRoad
10-24-2002, 03:28 PM
OK I just talked to my mom on the phone and she said "we will talk about it later" and that always means a yes! Once he is inside for a while, I will begin to house-break him so that he will be able to hop around in my room! Of course only when I am home I cannot risk the chance of anything happening... So anyway I am so excited I can't wait!

Cataholic
10-24-2002, 04:11 PM
Yeah! Floppsy will be an indoor bunny! And so much happier, I am sure. :)

neko1
10-24-2002, 05:00 PM
I'm sure Floppsy will be very happy and warm indoors!! Fingers and paws crossed here that your mom will let him stay inside:D

Karen
10-24-2002, 05:38 PM
When I spoke to your Mom the other night (for those of you who are wondering, she called me to let me know she's okay with Britt being here and participating in the Christmas Card list) she asked me about helping her convince you Floppsey was okay outside. I told her all about Miss Hoppy, how she's an inside bunny, hops around, loves to be with us, sleeps in our bedroom, is litterbox trained ... and let her know an indoor bunny is a happy bunny! Hope I helped bring Floppsey indoors! Ooooh, noserubs all around ...

AmberLee
10-24-2002, 07:35 PM
Oh, marvelous news. Fingers and paws crossed here that this is a done deal. :D :cool:

Felicia's Mom
10-24-2002, 08:38 PM
I hope Floppsey gets to come inside.:)

Cincy'sMom
10-24-2002, 09:02 PM
Sounds promising! Good luck with your dad!

popcornbird
10-24-2002, 09:56 PM
Yippee! Good job Karen! Floppsy, let us know what your dad says about having the bun in your room. I hope he gets to sleep inside. What a lucky bunny. Who should we be thanking now Britt, your mom or your dad? I told your your parents love you. :rolleyes:

Logan
10-24-2002, 10:37 PM
That is the BEST news, Britt!!! :D :D :D Congratulations!!!!! :) I'm being a bit optimistic, I know, but just in case Mom is reading.........she can share our enthusiasm and excitement with your dad!!!! :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-25-2002, 07:10 AM
I am so excited about finding out where Floppsy will be coming inside for good! Update us ASAP Britt!

Daisylover
10-25-2002, 10:15 AM
I am greatly relieved and will keep my fingers crossed for you. I've been so worried about Floppsy and those nasty raccoons. You might take a look at the House Rabbit Soc web page for litter box training help....wwwrabbit.org

Good Luck!!!!! :)

RockyRoad
10-25-2002, 04:19 PM
Hey thanks everyone!! Karen, you talked to my mom?? Wow! Well I have not had a time where I could see my dad until Saturday but I am so sure they will say yes!!

tatsxxx11
10-25-2002, 04:51 PM
Woo, hoo!!! What a nice thing to do Karen, speaking with Floppsy's Mom! All paws crossed here that soon you'll have a furry roommate!:)

RockyRoad
10-26-2002, 08:48 AM
:( :( :( Horrible news here:( :( :( :(

OK, it's over. My dad said no. He said the rabbit was born outside & lived outside all his life. He said that once in a while he can come in. I started this whole argument with him--I was not about to give up after all the joy I had experienced. Then I forgot, but somehow he won and Floppsy is now going to die an outdoor Rabbit instead of an indoor Rabbit warm in his home (where he belongs). My dad also mentioned that since he has never lived inside that if we brought him in, it would kill him. OK, whatever dad. So anyway, at least my dad is teaching me how to pick him up and bring him inside I can bring him in sometimes!! So I am not gunna bring him in today because my dad said he would get wet and then kick even more furiously so tomorrow I am going to bring him in, and I am going to let him see Pet Talk and how many wonderful people were hoping for him to come inside. Thanks guys!!:D

Cataholic
10-26-2002, 09:20 AM
FLS- didn't your mom talk to your dad about this? Maybe a three way conversation with your mom, your dad and you- with calm heads, can talk again. What about if you made up a contract of the things you would do every single day- keep their work to a minimum...on a trial basis? Don't make it an yes/no decision right now. Maybe say you would like to try it for a two month time...give everyone a chance to adjust? Find out WHY he doesn't want the bunny in the house..find his REAL reasons...and see if you can't discuss them with him without yelling/fighting, etc. Try to speak to your mom privately, and see her thoughts. Don't give up. Not getting something on the first try doesn't mean it is a lost cause..you gotta stick in there, and keep trying...Good Luck.:(

RockyRoad
10-26-2002, 10:03 AM
I just asked him why and he said that he had specifically asked his friend to get a rabbit that lives outdorrs since we had had that cage for a while and had had indoor bunnie and could not use it. He also said he has lived outside all his life and would die if he came in because of the switch of climate (air conditioning in the summer, furnace in the winter). And he lives in this great big cage(well not that big) so if he were to be shoved in a cage he would be so unhappy. I am looking at the positives and negatives of this, all I want is what is best for Floppsy.

popcornbird
10-26-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally89
I just asked him why and he said that he had specifically asked his friend to get a rabbit that lives outdorrs since we had had that cage for a while and had had indoor bunnie and could not use it. He also said he has lived outside all his life and would die if he came in because of the switch of climate (air conditioning in the summer, furnace in the winter). And he lives in this great big cage(well not that big) so if he were to be shoved in a cage he would be so unhappy. I am looking at the positives and negatives of this, all I want is what is best for Floppsy.

Awwwww. :( But if he comes inside, I thought he would get to live without a cage and get litterbox trained like a kitty. :( I don't think the climate inside will bother him. God created living things to adjust to different environments, and you are certainly not bringing him in a place with 100 degrees temp or -20. Its room temperature in the house and that's perfect for almost every specie. Don't give up!

kittymom
10-26-2002, 03:32 PM
FloppsyLadySally89,

I am not an expert on bunnies...but let me see if I am understanding this:
your dad is a strong believer in the fact that this was an outside bunny and the change in climate would kill him

But, you dad is willing to let you bring him in for short visits and holding and a little playing??

Well, my thought is .... make sure your dad spends quality time with bunny so he can see how wonderful he is and get to know him like you know him
AND
See if he thinks it would make sense to work out a plan allowing bunny to adjust to the temperature difference between the indoors and outdoors. Of course tell him you understand how a quick change could be harmful, but a gradual change...maybe add an hour weekly until Bunny is in the house regularly.
Also you might want to run this idea past your mom first for her support.

Good luck

wolf_Q
10-26-2002, 03:33 PM
Maybe Floppsy could just *sleep* inside and come inside occasionally.......and stay outside the rest of the day. Good luck. I don't think the climate change would kill him. He's not going to die living outside either (although I'm sure he'd be happier inside). My friends had rabbits that lived outside, and we have very cold, snowy winters....they were ok.