PDA

View Full Version : Guess What I Just Ordered!!!

Roxyluvsme13
08-26-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm so super excited I'm about to burst, lol.

I just ordered my very first, very own DSLR!!!

I didn't really want to go over the $500 mark, but I found the Nikon D5000 and really, really liked it, so I splurged a little :o.

It will be arriving at my house to my mom Monday - Wednesday and then I'll get to pick it up Labor Day weekend when I return home.

I am SO excited, eee!

moosmom
08-26-2010, 09:21 AM
The Nikon you bought is my DREAM camera! I'm still using my trusty 12 year old Kodak Easyshare. It was my very first digital camera. Takes great pictures, but the LED window is a little small (or my eyesight is changing) for me.

I envy you, girl!

cloverfdx
08-26-2010, 09:25 AM
That is awesome, Nikons kick well you know what lol. Have fun with your new toy :).

Roxyluvsme13
08-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Heh, thanks guys. I love my current camera, it's pretty great for a point and shoot, but it's still not a DSLR. I'll definitely still keep it though because it's taken some great pics.

I've wanted one since like FOREVEEER, but at the time it probably wasn't quite appropriate for a 15 year old to have a list-priced $800 camera, lol. Now that I'm more mature and take better care of things, I thought it would be nice to buy something cool for myself.

Now I can join photography club and kick some booty :p.

Karen
08-26-2010, 11:30 AM
We of course look forward to the results!

Laura's Babies
08-26-2010, 11:42 AM
I can't wait to see the pictures that thing takes!!

Roxyluvsme13
08-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Hehe, don't worry guys. I plan on taking LOTS of pictures. I'll be home so I can take lots of pictures of a certain Pomeranian and a certain Calico ;)

Husky_mom
08-26-2010, 12:18 PM
wow!! you did it!!.. awesome!!.. :D :D

I´m still looking for the day when I´ll get one.. lol..

Roxyluvsme13
08-26-2010, 12:26 PM
wow!! you did it!!.. awesome!!.. :D :D

I´m still looking for the day when I´ll get one.. lol..
You'll get one soon! Look for sales, hehe.

I didn't think I'd be getting one anytime soon, but I was just browsing cameras and I thought HEY I'm going to buy something for me! LOL So I did, and Wal-Mart just called to verify and everything and they're getting ready to ship it!!! :D

Sonia59
08-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Congrats! I bought my very first reflex camera (at that time it was a film one) with my very first salary from a summer job, when I was a student ;) I was proud to have something of such "value" on my own! Enjoy it! :)

Roxyluvsme13
08-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Congrats! I bought my very first reflex camera (at that time it was a film one) with my very first salary from a summer job, when I was a student ;) I was proud to have something of such "value" on my own! Enjoy it! :)
It's really nice buying expensive stuff for myself, haha.

I'm trying not to overreact on the fact that my camera cost more than my laptop... and it cost more than Lily, LOL, but it's okay. I bought this thing myself :p.

By the way, they shipped it out last night and it's currently in Mira Loma, CA. It's expected to arrive Monday by 7pm via Fedex :D!