PDA

View Full Version : Today's silly question...

Randi
08-25-2010, 02:09 PM
How much sugar do you use in a cup of tea/coffee?

I use two small teaspoons in a normal sized mug - for both coffee and tea. Funny, my mom used sugar in her tea, but not in her coffee. Over the years I went from four teaspoons to two. Gosh, I feel healthy! :D

Daisy and Delilah
08-25-2010, 02:28 PM
I use liquid creamer so that sweetens it. I've never added sugar to my coffee. I do have a hard time finding a creamer I like. The new ones, "Bailey's" are pretty good. Plain old Coffeemate is ok too.

I love love love the holiday creamers!! I hope we get pumpkin spice this year. With the shortage of pumpkins everywhere, I have my doubts.

Catherinedana
08-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Non-dairy creamer in my coffee. . .light, no sugar

Tea depends. I don't drink ordinary Liptons-type tea. I don't like it. But I do drink herbal teas and I usually don't use sugar in those either unless it's iced or I'm feeling a sweet tooth. Then I often use Truvia instead of sugar. If I do use sugar I use "Sugar in the Raw", not refined white sugar. It's nicer and melts faster.

Complicated!

Randi
08-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Ugh creamer... I hate it! Also hate the long lasting milk you get in hot climate countries. It has to be fresh milk, and I only use milk if it's strong "English" tea. In coffee, I have to have half coffee half milk. A good "Cafe au lait" is the best!

The Danes are a nation of coffee drinkers, most drink at least 5-10 cups of coffee a day. I suppose you could compare it with Americans drinking one bottle of Coca-Cola after the other. ;) Isn't that correct?

The ones of you who like herbal teas, you really should try one called " "White Tempel" tea, it's a bit expensive, but divine!

pomtzu
08-25-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't do tea in any way, shape or form. YUK!

I rarely drink coffee either, but when I do, it's usually 2 or 3 teaspoons of sugar, or packs of Splenda sweetener. It depends on how strong the coffee is. I prefer half and half in place of milk, but don't use much of either in my coffee.

I've even used whipped cream in my coffee, if there is no milk available. :p Vanilla ice cream works too. Those are already sweet, so you don't need any sugar when doing that.

Puckstop31
08-25-2010, 02:58 PM
None... I drink my coffee black. The only tea I drink is iced tea and I take that straight too, with just a little lemon sometimes.

Pinot's Mom
08-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Coffee - half and half, light, no sugar
Tea - the only thing I use sugar in is iced tea (real tea, not canned) and it's so little my husband gets a kick out of it. He asks me how I can taste it! :) I'm serious, it's probably less than a third of a teaspoon! Oh well, makes a difference to me.

Taz_Zoee
08-25-2010, 03:16 PM
I do not drink tea or coffee.
Growing up my grandma always made sun tea and she'd leave it straight so you could add sugar to your taste. I learned from my grandpa to put TONS of sugar in it. But I just don't like tea anymore. :(
As for coffee..I LOVE the smell of coffee but I can't drink it. I like frappacinos (spelling??) from Starbucks, or a white chocolate mocha with lots (too many to even admit) of extra pumps of the white chocolate syrup. So I can hardly taste the coffee. :)

Lillycat
08-25-2010, 03:47 PM
...i love both coffee and tea.....both without sugar..... love ice cream in coffee.....yum....that is the best.....enjoy white, green tea and a few of the herbals.....no ice cream in the tea though.....smile.....

Husky_mom
08-25-2010, 03:52 PM
the only coffee I´d drink would be starbucks frapuccino in vanilla... it´s rare that I find a nice tasting cold coffee.. and cold is they only way I´d ever drink it.. even if the smell is so yummy.. lol

tea?.. I´d pass... ;)

sirrahbed
08-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Two teaspoons of sugar for me! Plus creamer - the richer the better.:)

Bonny
08-25-2010, 03:59 PM
A good three tablespoons of good creme brulee with a small cup of decaffeinated coffee hits the spot before going to work. A hot cup of Cozy Chamomile tea with a tablespoon of honey in it helps the throat after a day of giving tours, it just soothes so nicely when it goes down.;)

jennielynn1970
08-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Hmmmm.... it's different depending on how it's served for me.

Hot tea, I take 2 tsp. of sugar and a little creamer, depending on the type of tea. Sometimes no creamer at all.

Iced tea I like unsweetened. If it's store brand iced tea, I like lemonade tea (1/2 lemonade, 1/2 iced tea).

Coffee.... don't drink it very much, but if it's hot coffee, it's about 1/3 creamer and 2/3 coffee and about 6tsp of sugar. Light and sweet, that' how I order it at Dunkin Donuts, lol.

Iced coffee... Double creamer, double sugar. Not sure what that equals, but have been told it's A LOT!!

Karen
08-25-2010, 04:44 PM
It varies time to time. Sometimes I like sweet hot tea, sometimes not sweet, never with either milk of cream. I'm not really a coffee drinker, despite my Swedish roots, I love coffee ice cream, and sometimes a plain coffee coolata from Dunking Donuts, but those hardly count as coffee!

Felicia's Mom
08-25-2010, 04:54 PM
I drink both coffee and tea without cream or sugar.

Medusa
08-25-2010, 05:44 PM
No coffee for me. I drink English tea but not too strong and I use two packets of Splenda. I did notice when we were in England that sweetener was hardly ever available but I brought my own anyhow. I forgot it once and I had to use sugar but ugh! the sugar was awful. It totally lacked taste. I put in 10 sugars and still nothing!

moosmom
08-25-2010, 06:19 PM
I use one packet of Splenda.

Pembroke_Corgi
08-25-2010, 06:27 PM
I love all kinds of hot tea but only drink it in the cooler months. I don't like it sweetened and prefer it without any sugar, but sometimes I will add a splash of milk to my black tea. I don't liked iced tea at all.

I don't drink coffee often and I only like it if someone else makes it. I get a coffee once in a while if I'm at a coffee shop. I usually add some half & half and 1-2 packets of splenda.

wombat2u2004
08-25-2010, 07:03 PM
No sugar for me. Can't stand sweet stuff.

Catty1
08-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Coffee - my parents always used evaporated milk, and I continue that, though I will use half and half or cream. Hate non-dairy powder with all the corn syrup solids etc, but sometimes have to.

I use a packet of Stevia - maybe that is like Truvia. Stevia is from a plant in South America and has more sweetening power than cane sugar, but is only allowed to be sold as a food supplement. No raining on the white sugar company's parade!:p:)

Tea - usually totally plain, maybe with a bit of sweetener and regular milk very occasionally.

Freedom
08-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Hot tea, hot coffee: skim milk, no sweetener.

Herbal tea: one teaspoon sweetener (sugar, splenda, doesn't matter to me).

Ice tea: at least 2 teaspoons / packets of Sweet N Low.

Ice coffee: don't like it.

Sonia59
08-26-2010, 02:54 AM
Just a little bit of sugar, half a spoon or so, depending on cup size of course. I also like a drop of milk in my coffee.

pomtzu
08-26-2010, 06:42 AM
Coffee - my parents always used evaporated milk, and I continue that,

That's what my folks used too, but it's a little strong/heavy? (don't know if that's the best way to describe it) for my taste. :p

cloverfdx
08-26-2010, 09:28 AM
1 and a bit Teaspoons of sugar in both coffee and Tea, both with a small amount of real milk, none of this long life stuff. I dont actually think we have 'creamer' here, if we do it would not be common.

kokopup
08-26-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm not able to drink any liquids now. Back when I was a coffee and tea drinker I drank my coffee black and my tea mostly with one tsp sugar. Dependant on the type of tea I sometimes added creamer. I loved the special creamers they had during the Holidays. Nog coffee was also very tastee.

Today i usually have a little weak coffee that I put through my peg just to help get me kick started in the morning. Last month during a trail work day I got brave and had half of a beer by peg.;)

Randi
08-26-2010, 10:48 AM
I see a lot of you use creamer, even for tea!! How can you do it? KK would faint if she heard this! :eek: Well, I suppose some would say to me: How can you put half a cup of milk in your coffee - but if the coffee is strong, it really works well! :p

OK, some people in DK do use cream for their coffee, but it's called coffee cream and is not the kind that can be whipped, it's lighter.

When it comes to tea, it has to freshly made, not out of a can. Geesh! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
08-26-2010, 11:46 AM
I don't drink coffee. If I drink iced tea I only like lemon added no sugar. I hated all of the sweet tea when I was living in the South. Yuck!!! If I drink hot tea I drink it plain.

Asiel
08-26-2010, 01:32 PM
I only have one cup of coffee in the morning and I drink it black. I drink green tea, chai tea with honey , ginger lemon tea, and sometimes chamomile but never put anything in them.

sirrahbed
08-26-2010, 03:12 PM
I hated all of the sweet tea when I was living in the South.

:D LOVE sweet tea!! well, I *am* a Texan.....:p

carole
08-26-2010, 04:28 PM
I only drink de caf tea and green tea with lemon and ginger, and have one generous teaspoon of sugar, i have tried and tried to give it up and used sweeteners, but i always end up going back to sugar, i simply cannot give it up in my tea, i could go without in the green tea, but i prefer it with sugar all the same, i used to be a two teaspoon sugar person, but gave that up years and years ago.

cassiesmom
08-26-2010, 04:54 PM
I don't like sugar in my iced tea- I like it unsweetened with a squeeze of lemon. At work they don't have fresh lemon, only little packets of lemon juice.

In hot tea- I need lemon and a big spoonful of sugar. I like my hot tea sweet.

Coffee- I like just a bit of sugar in coffee and a splash of cream or milk to lighten it.

Favorite way to drink coffee ...
1) go to Culver's
2) order a small vanilla custard in a cup and a small coffee
3) put a spoonful of custard into the coffee and stir till it melts
4) taste and repeat if needed (sometimes Culver's coffee is strong :) )

www.culvers.com (they're in the Midwest, Arizona and Texas)

lizbud
08-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Not such a silly question at all.:) I rarely drink tea anymore, but love my
coffee everyday. I add 1 level teaspoon of sugar & a little creamer(regular
non flavored).

Roxyluvsme13
08-27-2010, 09:53 AM
I don't like tea or coffee. Since I live in the South, everyone gives me a funny look when I say I don't like sweet tea :rolleyes:.

When my friends and I go to Starbucks, I'm always the rebel and order a Strawberries and Creme Frappacino :D

Sirrahsim
08-27-2010, 12:07 PM
I like my tea and coffee very sweet! My iced tea must be super sweet like McDonalds makes it.
In coffee I usually use a generous helping of french vanilla creamer and 3 splenda packets in one of our large coffee cups.
Lately I have been on a homemade latte kick and have been using about 2/3 strong coffee sweetened with 2 splenda, 1/3 steamed milk, and a little bit of frothed milk on top. Mmmmmm
When I am feeling extra daring I substitute a spoonful of chocolate syrup for the splenda:D

Hmmm maybe hubby is right and I do have a chronic sweet tooth:D