PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Place to Order Flea Meds Online?

Roxyluvsme13
08-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Hey guys, I was just wondering where you guys get your flea medicines for your pets if you order them online. This is my first time ordering them online for Lily and Tallulah and I would appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Freedom
08-25-2010, 12:29 PM
I make a spread sheet each time I have to order. I include:
website; cost; shipping

I put in a total in the last column.

Due to the number of pups here, I order the 12 packs, so I don't need to keep track of 6 packs, 3 packs. If the web site doesn't offer the 12 pack, I don't even list it. I buy at least a 3 month supply each time.

I find it varies a bit each time I have to order, as to which site has the best deal on offer.

I have used:
Entirely Pets
2 different companies based in Australia (I know, supposedly this is a different chemical line up; considering the savings, I went ahead anyhow).

pomtzu
08-25-2010, 02:00 PM
I also order from Australia from vetshoponline.com Having 2 dogs that take the same dosage by weight, I also order by the 12 pack and save a bunch over what I would have to pay at my vet.

Taz_Zoee
08-25-2010, 02:01 PM
I buy mine at the shelter where I volunteer. It is about half the price of PetSmart for the EXACT same product.
My mom uses Pet Meds, I think.

pomtzu
08-25-2010, 02:17 PM
My mom uses Pet Meds, I think.

Really??? My vet is cheaper than Petmeds, and compared to other on line places to order, I found that they are probably the most expensive - for what I buy anyway. ;)

Roxyluvsme13
08-25-2010, 03:29 PM
vetshoponline is the cheapest one I've seen out of all the ones you guys have suggested :). They're like $28.95 for a 3 pack each. Which is what I'm planning on buying.

Does shipping cost anymore though since it's coming from Australia?

pomtzu
08-25-2010, 04:06 PM
vetshoponline is the cheapest one I've seen out of all the ones you guys have suggested :). They're like $28.95 for a 3 pack each. Which is what I'm planning on buying.

Does shipping cost anymore though since it's coming from Australia?

Shipping is 4.95 per order, no matter how much or how little you buy. You might want to buy a larger quantity, since that would save you money, and still be only 4.95 for shipping.

I buy Advantix for my pups, and 12 doses is 96.00. The last time I ordered too, I got free shipping since it was a Spring special. My vet is up to 80.00 for 6 doses - the last time I checked. That's a whole lot of savings!! :D

Roxyluvsme13
08-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Shipping is 4.95 per order, no matter how much or how little you buy. You might want to buy a larger quantity, since that would save you money, and still be only 4.95 for shipping.

I buy Advantix for my pups, and 12 doses is 96.00. The last time I ordered too, I got free shipping since it was a Spring special. My vet is up to 80.00 for 6 doses - the last time I checked. That's a whole lot of savings!! :D
Hmm... Well, I'm already spending like $60, lol. Which is a lot for a poor college student hahaha.

But I'll look at the other doses.

I'm buying Frontline Plus btw, though I don't really know what I'm doing because I haven't bought flea meds by myself like EVER :p.

Taz_Zoee
08-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Really??? My vet is cheaper than Petmeds, and compared to other on line places to order, I found that they are probably the most expensive - for what I buy anyway. ;)

The vets where she lives are expensive. :rolleyes:

Freedom
08-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Are you also going to give them a heartworm prevention? Interceptor is the one I use.

Roxyluvsme13
08-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Are you also going to give them a heartworm prevention? Interceptor is the one I use.
Possibly! Sounds like a good idea, haha. I don't know how well either would take the pill though :rolleyes:

Reachoutrescue
08-25-2010, 09:11 PM
I order mine off of Ebay.com....you can find them pretty cheap on there. :)

Craftlady
08-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Possibly! Sounds like a good idea, haha. I don't know how well either would take the pill though :rolleyes:

Most time heartworm meds are flavored tablets (liver for example). Coco loves his it's like getting a treat :)

Roxyluvsme13
08-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Ebay sounds like a good idea! I might check it out :).

Most time heartworm meds are flavored tablets (liver for example). Coco loves his it's like getting a treat :)
Lily is like the pickiest dog everrr lol. She's a weirdo and she probably would give me the "You actually expect me to eat this?" look :p

pomtzu
08-26-2010, 06:29 AM
They will need to be tested for heartworms before you can give them any heartworm preventative, which you need a prescription for. Your vet will have to give it to you. I use Heartgard Plus, and it's a chewable, so there should be no problem getting them to take it. My guys stay on it year round, not just in the warm months. Even a warm spell in the middle of winter will bring out the mosquitoes, so it's better to be safe than sorry. ;)

Roxyluvsme13
08-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Apparently I can't order from vetshoponline.

There's a problem with my order, like my bank doesn't accept internation transactions or something??? Anyone else have this problem?

pomtzu
08-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Apparently I can't order from vetshoponline.

There's a problem with my order, like my bank doesn't accept internation transactions or something??? Anyone else have this problem?

They take major credit cards, and also Paypal. I always use Paypal and have never had a problem.

Roxyluvsme13
08-26-2010, 12:00 PM
They take major credit cards, and also Paypal. I always use Paypal and have never had a problem.
My paypal was just registered today and I can't use it yet, and I have a VISA debit card, but apparently my bank won't allow international transactions. I guess I'll just cancel the order and buy it elsewhere (how do you cancel an order, anyone? :o)

pomtzu
08-26-2010, 12:38 PM
I've never cancelled one with them, but most places have an area that allows you to edit or delete items. Try going back in to the order and see if there is something like that. There should be.

Roxyluvsme13
08-26-2010, 02:45 PM
There's nothing on there where I can cancel the order :confused: it just says I'll have to reorder because there's a problem with payment?? I don't know LOL

pomtzu
08-26-2010, 02:46 PM
There's nothing on there where I can cancel the order :confused: it just says I'll have to reorder because there's a problem with payment?? I don't know LOL

So just ignore it, or send them an email. It won't ship if they don't get paid.

Roxyluvsme13
08-26-2010, 02:51 PM
So just ignore it, or send them an email. It won't ship if they don't get paid.

Well in the "notes" section under order, I wrote cancel and I sent them an email too.

Roxyluvsme13
08-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Has anyone ever used budgetpetcare.com ??? They have the cheapest Frontline plus I could find.

Roxyluvsme13
08-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Apparently I can't order Canadian either.

Either that, or my account has a hold or something on it because I just made a big purchase :(

Husky_mom
08-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Iīve had this kind of problem... kind of.. when trying to pay but get it shipped somewhere else.. as my account is based in Mexico I cannot ship to USA, CAn, etc..

it could be because itīs a debit card.. not sure really... even if itīs debit.. is it Visa Master card or something.. perhaps you can buy directly instead of through paypal

Roxyluvsme13
08-26-2010, 06:21 PM
I don't know what's up with it. I just went out to eat and had to buy something for school and it let me pay for that.

So I used an American website and I think/hope it went through. I went with Drs. Foster and Smith, just because I trust them and they were fairly cheap and had free shipping.