PDA

View Full Version : Cat tossed in trash can-good ending.

RICHARD
08-24-2010, 02:26 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/uk_woman_filmed_dumping_cat_in_trash_pG6zK3Btf4YSh FOvpWGLKN?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Praying for the special hell for this biatch.:eek::mad:

katladyd
08-24-2010, 02:34 PM
That would be too good for her!:mad:

Killearn Kitties
08-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Isn't that the most bizarre story?!! :eek: I was just looking at the footage a while ago. Apparently she has been identified and the Police have been interviewing her.

Very, very odd.

Karen
08-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Yikes! Thank goodness Lola's owners found her! Yet another good reason to keep your cats inside - not all the predators out there are wild animals.

Anikaca77
08-24-2010, 03:34 PM
What the h*ll is wrong with people, she looked like she liked the cat and then well you all know you watched the video....people make me sick. Poor kitty at least she was found thank goodness.

catmandu
08-24-2010, 05:08 PM
And this is not some stupid kid, this is a middle aged Lady who you think would know better. I think a month in jail would change her attitude and be a warning to others:mad::mad::mad:

Taz_Zoee
08-24-2010, 06:24 PM
That is so weird. Why stand there and stroke the kitty then throw it away? I don't get it. Well, I guess we can't always understand everyone.

I'd like to put her in a trash can and lock the lid for 15 hours. :mad:

Laura's Babies
08-24-2010, 07:14 PM
It was on the news tonight. That video went public and the lady was identified, now she is hidding in her house with guards outside.. The folks around there are NOT HAPPY with her...:rolleyes:

lizbud
08-24-2010, 07:31 PM
And this is not some stupid kid, this is a middle aged Lady who you think would know better. I think a month in jail would change her attitude and be a warning to others:mad::mad::mad:

This is what I thought too when I saw the video.:confused: Can't really
tell much from outward appearances about what's in a person's heart I guess.

She needs guards outside her home after what she did. Such a cruel thing
to do.:(

Catty1
08-24-2010, 07:42 PM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/7950524/cat-dropping-woman-under-police-protection

A middle-aged UK woman who was caught on camera dropping a cat into a wheelie bin is now under police protection.

Mary Bale has been named as the woman filmed on CCTV patting four-year-old cat Lola before grabbing it by the neck and dropping it in the bin in the central UK city of Coventry, the Daily Mail reported.

Ms Bale is now under police protection after hundreds of hate-filled messages were posted on YouTube and Facebook after the video went viral.

Her mother Celia has said that her daughter did not know "what had come over her" when she dropped the cat in the bin.

"She absolutely adores cats, she's an animal lover — it just doesn't make sense," she said.

"We're just hoping we can all get through this because I know a lot of people are not happy about it."

The cat stayed in the bin for 15 hours before it was discovered by its owner Darryl Mann.

The CCTV footage showing Ms Bale checking the street to see if anyone is watching before putting the cat in the bin was posted online to help identify the culprit.

Ms Bale has been interviewed by the RSPCA but is not facing any criminal charges.

Catty1
08-24-2010, 07:51 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3110434/Its-just-a-cat-I-put-lola-in-bin-for-joke-whats-all-the-fuss-says-Mary.html

TORMENTED Lola last night became Britain's most pampered puss - thanks to The Sun.

Our readers were shocked yesterday when we told of the four-year-old moggie's cruel treatment, so we showered her with treats.

We had piles of Lola's favourite salmon-flavoured food delivered to owner Stephanie Andrews-Mann and gave the animal a smart new collar, cuddly toys and a scratching tower. Last night, she slept on a brand new pink fluffy pillow after trying out her leopard-print play tunnel.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01112/SNN2504AA-682_1112451a.jpg

Stephanie said: "I cannot thank The Sun and its readers enough.

"What Lola went through was terrible but thanks to the generosity of so many people she is already getting back to normal. It's like she has a family all over the country."

3Catcondo
08-24-2010, 08:29 PM
So neat that she was showered w/ gifts. I saw the video of her after the "incident":mad: and she was purring so loud. Incredible that anyone would do that to her!!!!! I do hope that lady faces some type of charge, and she should be scared of all of the animal lovers out there!!!!

kitten645
08-24-2010, 09:18 PM
I think a big old can of whoop-a** is in order! I hope she's suffering knowing she's ruined her life. :mad:
So nice to see Lola being treated as she deserves in the end.:love:

sana
08-24-2010, 10:33 PM
I hate hate hate x 100000 the woman and really happy to see Lola is being showered with gifts.:D:);):cool: The woman is so busted. Really wish she would come in font of me and ooooh she'd be dead!:mad::rolleyes: WHY DID SHE DO THE THROWING IN THE BIN PART! I don't think that she's an animal lover. Maybe her mother doesn't know her well.

Sonia59
08-25-2010, 03:10 AM
Aawww, I have heard about this story but I didn't know Lola has received so many treats! So sweet :love:
I have no words for what this woman has done. She must have lost her mind.

moosmom
08-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Her excuse??? "It was only a cat". I wonder what kind of punishment she'll get? The woman has been getting death threats, and animal rights activists were outraged. When will this insanity against animals stop??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Medusa
08-25-2010, 07:48 AM
You just do not ever know.

pomtzu
08-25-2010, 07:55 AM
I just saw this on the news this a.m. - made me sick!!!! And this "woman" said it was a joke, and "it's just a cat"????
Perhaps she should get thrown in a den of lions for 15 hours. Afterall - they're only cats....:mad:

So glad kitty came out none the worse for wear - and with lots of nice presents and treats too! :)

catmandu
08-25-2010, 09:29 AM
:mad:I would have at least tossed a rock through her window, as they apparantly are not filing criminal charges::mad::mad:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:mad ::mad:

Barbara
08-25-2010, 10:30 AM
I read about it in the newspaper this morning. So good they could identify her.
I think she didn't lose her mind as you could really see how she looked around before she tossed Lola in the bin. It was all planned and I wonder what else she did in the past:mad:
I am very glad little Lola survived ok.
But what can you do with someone who says "It is only a cat"? How can she learn that there are things that are unacceptable - whether it is only a cat, a rat or a human.
However it will end- thanks to the internet she will ahve lost all her reputation. Forever.

lvpets2002
08-25-2010, 10:39 AM
:confused: Yes saw this on the news this morning & was horrified.. I aggree with pomtzu.. Den of lions for this Winch.. So nice the baby is ok & just love her getting all of those goodies..

I just saw this on the news this a.m. - made me sick!!!! And this "woman" said it was a joke, and "it's just a cat"????
Perhaps she should get thrown in a den of lions for 15 hours. Afterall - they're only cats....:mad:

So glad kitty came out none the worse for wear - and with lots of nice presents and treats too! :)

RICHARD
08-25-2010, 10:42 AM
:mad:I would have at least tossed a rock through her window, as they apparantly are not filing criminal charges::mad::mad:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:mad ::mad:

Me?, I'd aim for her head.:mad::D:(

katladyd
08-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Me?, I'd aim for her head.:mad::D:(

I'm with you Richard. I do believe she will be looking over her shoulder for quite some time.:mad::(

davidpizzica
08-25-2010, 06:13 PM
I agree that this was a planned act. The only reason Ms. Bale should not go into the same trash bin is that I don't think she'd fit! I' ll find her a nice, big, DIRTY dumpster! However the bottom line here is that sweet Lola is alright and reunited with her loving family.

moosmom
08-25-2010, 06:18 PM
No charges will be filed which REALLY chaps my @$$. I'm with Davidp. Find the dirtiest, scummiest dumpster around and lock her in it for 15 hours.

People suck.:mad:

Catty1
08-25-2010, 07:30 PM
She is still being investigated by the RSPCA - but haven't found any updates as to what they are doing with her. I think a psych assessment is in order.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2010/08/uk-woman-who-threw-cat-in-trash-bin-issues-an-apology-threatening-facebook-group-removed.html

Meanwhile, the cat's owners are asking hot-tempered animal lovers to remain calm. "Now that the police know who she is, I think people should leave it to them and the RSPCA and not take matters into their own hands," owner Stephanie Mann told the BBC. "Whatever she has done, I don't like her, but I don't want her to get hurt."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1306234/What-church-going-bank-worker-dump-cat-wheelie-bin.html

Surely the lesson of this dreadfully sad story is that in a civilised society, both these sets of feelings - those of the sadist and, in turn, those who want her severely punished - should be something people strive to suppress.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1306234/What-church-going-bank-worker-dump-cat-wheelie-bin.html#ixzz0xfRb4WNJ

Medusa
08-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Just got off the phone w/my friend who lives in England. She said that the woman is getting death threats now.

Catty1
08-25-2010, 07:50 PM
The Facebook group that was making those threats was removed.

As the second quote in my post above indicated, in a civilised society two extremes of feelings are to be avoided: those who are sadists and hurt animals and people, and those who are enraged enough to kill them.

NEITHER is healthy.

momcat
08-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi Lola,
What a pretty kitty girl you are! I'm happy to know that you weren't injured when that evil excuse for a life form put you in that trash can. Those are some great new toys and what looks like tasty treats you received. Enjoy them sweetie, you deserve them.

I hope you know that not all humans do terrible things like that. This should never happen to you or anyone's pet! Many of us humans are very angry about this and pray for justice. Stay inside with your purrents where you'll always be safe and loved. Sending you lots of lovies :love:

Medusa
08-25-2010, 09:26 PM
My friend wondered if there may have been bad blood between her and the cat's owner. Why was there a camera there anyhow? Even though the FB post was taken down, there are reportedly guards near her house. Could be just rumor. It's a shame that one extreme follows another.

kitten645
08-25-2010, 11:21 PM
The camera was there because there had been some robberies in the neighborhood.

RICHARD
08-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Did anyone notice the beautiful 'mascara' lines Lola has?

Sonia59
08-26-2010, 02:45 AM
Did anyone notice the beautiful 'mascara' lines Lola has?

Yes, she is really gorgeous :love:

elizabethann
08-26-2010, 08:29 AM
I too wondered if there was bad blood between this woman and the cat owner. So glad the cat is okay.

todd
08-26-2010, 08:01 PM
seen it on the news

CatsMeow
09-01-2010, 09:55 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
UGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to go to the store, buy some pig guts and animal insides, throw them in a dumpster, and throw her in! YES, SHE DESERVES THAT GROSS!!! Or, Maybe we can have a cookout... The menu: GIRL WHO THREW CAT IN GARBAGE! Let's see how this brat cooks!

CatsMeow
09-01-2010, 09:59 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/uk_woman_filmed_dumping_cat_in_trash_pG6zK3Btf4YSh FOvpWGLKN?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Praying for the special hell for this biatch.:eek::mad:

Ahahaha

Catty1
10-19-2010, 09:13 AM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/101019/world/eu_britain_cat_woman

Woman caught throwing cat into trash pleads guilty

46 minutes ago

By Raphael G. Satter, The Associated Press

LONDON - A British woman caught on tape stroking a cat, picking it up by the scruff of its neck and casually throwing it into its owners' trash bin pleaded guilty to a single charge of animal cruelty Tuesday.

Footage of Mary Bale's bizarre attack on 4-year-old Lola outraged animal lovers across the world when it was posted online this summer. The video, shot by a security camera installed by Lola's owners following a spate of thefts in their area, has been seen more than 1.2 million times on YouTube.

http://d.yimg.com/ca.yimg.com/p/101019/capress/i128749464014876698.jpg?x=192&y=300&sig=pJczAmkhp49s85Z10W_QIg--

Even though Lola was eventually recovered unharmed after its owners heard its muffled cries from inside the bin angry Internet users pledged retribution and police had to post guards outside her home.

Bale, a 45-year-old bank worker, has described the incident as a "split second of misjudgment that has got completely out of control" but offered no explanation for why she did it. She pleaded guilty to one count of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal at Coventry Magistrates' Court, in central England.

The court fined her 250 pounds (just over $395) and ordered her to pay more than 1,100 pounds ($1,800) in costs.

District judge Caroline Goulborn told Bale that she was taking into account the media interest surrounding the case, which "has resulted in you being vilified in some quarters" as well as the condition of Bale's elderly father, who was gravely ill at the time.

"I accept that you were in a stressful situation at the time, but that's no excuse for what you did," Goulborn said.

Bale, who appeared close to tears during the hearing, was also banned from keeping or owning animals for the next five years.

catmandu
10-19-2010, 09:41 AM
:mad:I hope that the 1800 fine plus the fact that she will forever been known as a mean old lady will be punishment enough.
I still think she should have done at leastr a weekend in jail!!:mad:

katladyd
10-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Well, if her father is very ill, she may be needed at home to help, so I can see no jail time. BUT...she should be forced to do community service at an animal shelter for about 1,000 hours. Once she sees all the poor creatures who have also been "thrown out" her conscience will eat at her forever. On my worst day, I could never throw an innocent animal in a trash can. EVER!:mad:

moosmom
10-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Lola cost that lady a $2,000 fine. It could've (and should've) been alot more (up to $25,000)! The judge went easy on her because Lola didn't sustain any injury or trama (helllloooo? 15 hours in a dark, smelly trash can. Oh yeah, you can't tell me Lola didn't suffer SOME kind of trauma.

The lady was getting death threats and had to quit her job and move. Maybe next time she'll think twice before she doesn't something stupid like that again. Personally, I think SHE should've been forced to sit in a dark, smelly trash can for 15 hours in addition to the fine.

Laura's Babies
10-19-2010, 03:44 PM
I agree with you Donna! She's "only a stupid old lady", maybe it'll teach her something to sit in one for 15 hours.

Ha! From the reaction she got from the whole world, you can bet she won't ever be that stupid again!!

kitten645
10-19-2010, 11:11 PM
I agree with Donna. 15 hours is too good. At least she would KNOW she'd be rescued/let out. Poor Lola didn't have that luxury. I don't think she should be allowed near any animals either. They are too good for her.