PDA

View Full Version : A real Cat Tale..(or tail?)

Laura's Babies
08-24-2010, 11:51 AM
My neighbor came over yesterday, she is Mexican and don't speak good english... I don't speak or understand Spanish so she brings her daughter to translate.. I could have sworn though, that she said "borrow a cat". :confused: Then she is pointing to her eye and kept saying "cat... eye"

I got that something was wrong with her eye so I asked her daughter what was wrong with her eye. She said "she has a bump on her eye and needs a cat"... :confused: OOOOOOOK.. :confused: I could see her eye was swollen in the corner next to her nose so I asked the daughter what was she saying abut the cat and what does a cat have to do with it?

It seems in Mexico where they come from, it is a home remedy if you have a bump on your eye lid, you rub a cat tail over it to get rid of the bump.. So, she needed a cat tail to rub over her eye lid. I asked if that works and she said it does so I let them come in and we tried it..

Samantha wasn't impressed that in all the times my neighbor had been here, that she never picked her up but now wanted to..ha, ha, Ha! She saw Amy in the corner thing sleeping so she went over there. Man, WISH I had thought to get a picture of THAT! :eek: She is leaning in there on her knees with her butt up in the air, trying not to disturb Amy but rubbing Amy's tail across her eye.. Amy didn't like her space being invaded so she came out of the corner.. Then I had the idea to massage Amy on the floor while my neighbor borrowed her tail.. That would have made a wonderful picture but I was massaging Amy and couldn't stop. Again, she was on her knees, butt up in the air, face to the floor, brushing Amy's tail back and forth across her eye..

Ever heard of that? If it works, that is GREAT and something we can remember. I will see her in a few days to see if it worked..

Now THIS is a real cat tail/tale!

lvpets2002
08-24-2010, 12:39 PM
:p Remind me to never drink the water where your at.. Just kidding.. How so weird.. I would have freaked if I was your cats..

happylabs
08-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Never heard of it. I Googled it. There were a couple websites that briefly mentioned it. Let us know if it works!

Husky_mom
08-24-2010, 04:03 PM
thatīs a first.. I never heard anything like that before.. and Iīm mexican.. lol.. maybe itīs a more "native" or "old tradition" thing...

Iīve heard a bunch of weird remedies but never one like this one.. haha

like many people think Chihuahuas cure asthma... and it seems many people actually get better once they get one of these doggies

also if your neck is in a knot.. you might wanna rub it with a dirty pair of men underpants.. :rolleyes: yeah I know.. weird but many do this..

Abby&Buddy'sMom
08-24-2010, 04:08 PM
that is too funny !! Sometimes when my mom comes over and she had already stopped to play her lottery tickets, she will sometimes take Miss Abby , and rub the tickets on her fluffy belly.... she says its for good luck.... hasnt worked yet, and Abby gets a bit annoyed... silly superstitions:rolleyes:

Sonia59
08-25-2010, 03:22 AM
Never heard of that either. At least this time it's not one more superstition that cats bring bad luck, so why not. A kitty cuddle to cure! :)

sana
08-25-2010, 03:54 AM
In Pakistan if tie a black thread on your foot's thumb and read some words. There are certain words. The thread will make you feel better. You shoudln't take it off. Ahh.. crazy superstitions:rolleyes: And if you see a black cat crossing the road. Its bad luck. And I saw many black cats crossing and I used to have a normal day. It never had any bad luck. :)

Medusa
08-25-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm wondering if maybe the cat tail that was meant is the kind that you find growing in marshy areas.

moosmom
08-25-2010, 08:38 AM
I'll be curious to know if it works or not.

CatsMeow
09-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Wow did it work!? :eek:

Taz_Zoee
09-03-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm wondering if maybe the cat tail that was meant is the kind that you find growing in marshy areas.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I find this to be hilarious! But if it works, then good for her. :D

Laura's Babies
09-03-2010, 02:43 PM
I haven't seen her to ask but I keep watching for her so I can ask her.. I will try to catch her daughter and ask her...

catmandu
09-03-2010, 03:02 PM
I guess the only Found Cats who would take part inthat would be Michael and My Tubster Panther.
Joseph was so friendly , you would have got his tale across your eye, even if that was not your wish!!!!!