PDA

View Full Version : Cheating Fister - it CAN be done!

Randi
08-24-2010, 11:01 AM
I go and buy Fister’s food at the vet because I know it’s all good quality, but Fister is fed up eating the same food day after day. I ask every time what the vet suggests would be best for him, and it seems that he has no concern whichever food I choose, as long as it is senior food. Over the years his diet has mostly consisted of “Hills SD/WD/CD” and “Royal Canin’s Senior”. However, he loves “Royal Canin’s Sensitive” and one called “Calm”, also from Royal Canin.... if I allowed him to, those would be the ones he would eat all the time, but they’re not specifically for seníor cats. When i visit, the vet often give me some small packets of various dry food, some he likes and some he doesn’t. So today, I cheated him... I poured out a bit of “Calm” mixed with “Intestinal” (which he doesn’t like), but he ate it all! :D

In a few days, I’ll go and buy some “Royal Canin’s Renal” for him, he tried it before and seems to like it. The vet says even though he has no kidney problems, it won’t do any harm and it may prevent him from getting kidney problems. :) I do hope so!

Here’s a couple of recent pictures of my handsome boy checking out the yard. God forbid the stray comes close, she's the ones he's looking for. :eek:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=32&pictureid=2785

http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=32&pictureid=2784

Laura's Babies
08-24-2010, 11:30 AM
So he likes a change of food often and changing don't mess up his tummy? I often wonder if cats and dogs get tired of eating the same thing over and over..

Those pictures of him really shows what a HUNK he is! He is such a handsome boy that he has to turn all the feline girls heads. Maybe that is why you have that visitor in the yard? She has seen him, hooked on him and now he has a stalker? LOL!

Pinot's Mom
08-24-2010, 11:45 AM
O Hai Fister ~~~waves paw~~~ it's so good to see you! Mom's not home so I'm on the 'puter - shhhhh...
I think your Mom is trying to pull a fast one on you. Call me - we'll wurk out a plan!;)

Purrs,
Pinot

Barbara
08-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi Fister- you are such a good looking and healthy cat- and that is because of meowmie who takes such good care of you :)

Killearn Kitties
08-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Looking good, Fister! As always. Keep eating that food that is good for you! ;)

My girls are on Royal Canin Renal these days. Samantha doesn't need it, but Jessica does - so they both get it, because they have always eaten each other's food. They don't eat quite so much of it as some foods they have had in the past, but thankfully they do pretty well on it.

cassiesmom
08-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Hi, handsome orange Fister! (((HUG)))

happylabs
08-24-2010, 03:18 PM
I did not think it could be done...trick a cat like that! You are very clever.

Great pics. He is one of the most handsome orange kitties I have seen! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
08-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Ah, Fister you look extra handsome out enjoying your garden on the summer's day!!! :love:

Husky_mom
08-24-2010, 03:53 PM
well seems either my comp is defective or my eyes are.. lol.. can´t see any pics.. have reloaded multiple times but no pics show up :(

nice way to trick him.. or perhaps he tricked you.. and he´ll leave you a nice present later on.. lol..

Sonia59
08-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Meowmie, how dare you fooling this poor Fister!!! :eek: Perhaps Fister ate it all to let you believe you could easily do such a thing :D:D Good boy :p

You are gorgeous in the garden Fister! :love:

My kitties love their Royal Canin food.

catmandu
08-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi Fister this is Michael from Canada:love::love:
My Dad does that to me once in a while as well , ne brings in these starnge D Fooods, you know A/D, G/D , W/D.:confused::confused:
I just like My White Meat Chicken:):)
I know My Dad means well Fister but I want MY CHICKEN:cool::cool:
I just think he wants me here , but I am getting old Fister , and I want My Chicken,
It in the long run wont make a difference:):)

lizbud
08-24-2010, 07:38 PM
It must have tasted good to Fister.:D Those are all top rated cat foods
and Fister looks so good. Alert,healthy & handsome.:love:

Freedom
08-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Hello Fister! You don't appear on my screen often enough. MWAH!

Lizbud, I disagree. Science Diet is one of the worst foods out there; canine or feline, doesn't matter which. Science Diet cat food is thought to be a huge part of why cats today get hyperthyroid disease.

Here is a rating chart:
http://www.petfoodratings.net/cattable.html

krazyaboutkatz
08-25-2010, 01:13 AM
You sure look handsome Fister.:)

kitten645
08-25-2010, 01:20 AM
Fister, I think a call to cat lawyer Groucho is in order! False representation! Bait & Switch! You have a strong case!
Calvin

Bengalz
08-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Fister you are gorgeous!

Randi
08-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone! :)

So he likes a change of food often and changing don't mess up his tummy?No, it doesn't seem to, but he does puke occasionally. That is when he's been eating grass in the yard - or if he eats too fast, then it comes up right after.

Pinot my pal, you're right, we ought to make a plan to avoid this happening again - I'll be in touch! ;)

Thanks Barbara, I try my best!

KK, I know that yours have a taste for Royal Canin, it's it great that it's healthy, too. I'm, glad to hear they're content with "Renal".

Sonya, it's good to hear yours like it, too, but then, cats do have a sense of quality.

Husky_mom, I'm sorry you can't view the pics, but they're not the best ones anyway. And no, he haesn't left me a "present" - yet! :cool:

Dear Michael, I love chicken too, but I have to be very fast to get any - or it will be frying on the pan. I hope you're doing well, my orange friend!

Freedom, thanks for that link - very informative. :)

Calvin, I do believe it's in order to call Groucho the lawyer and I'm sure most of the kitties here will agree. Bait & Switch indeed! :eek: I do have a strong case!

Fister sends purrs to you all! :love: