PDA

View Full Version : More pictures of Austin (aka BUTCH)

moosmom
08-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Finally got more pictures of the little poop.

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/deploss/Sphynxoverload015.jpg?t=1282656114

Asleep with his "sock buddy"

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/deploss/Butch002.jpg?t=1282657193

Laura's Babies
08-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!!! Lookie at that tummy in the second one.... Isn't he just to adoreable!!!!! Thanks for my Austin fix... I SOOOO needed that! I am so in :love: with him!!! I can only imagine how it must feel to hold him! How do you ever put him down? ***KISSIE****KISSIE****KISSIE****

moosmom
08-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Laura,

How do I put him down??? He won't let me! He's like a velcro kitty. If I leave the room, I hear this "mew" come from the other room. I just love kissing his skin. Time for a bath, though. My hands are getting a little dirty after holding him which means bath time.

catmandu
08-24-2010, 09:44 AM
I still remember riding in a car with three Sypnx Cats and they are some incredibly happy annd warm Cats.
If I was taking a New Cat in,I would try for a Cat as cute as Austin.He would be a Big Hit at The Found Cat Hotel:cool::cool::cool:

moosmom
08-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Gary,

Sphynxes are very unique cats. They are very needy cats who bond very closely to their humans.

Austin is no different. He wants to know where I am all the time. Some people (no names) who don't understand the breed, lose their patience, because they believe their sleep comes first. I tell anyone who wants to adopt a Sphynx to do their homework. These cats THRIVE on love and attention. They are people cats.

Anytime you want to borrow Austin, let me know and I'll have his kitty bags packed including his USA hoodie!!!

Pinot's Mom
08-24-2010, 11:48 AM
So glad you found each other! Great pictures - thanks! :)

jennielynn1970
08-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Oh Donna, he's just too darn cute!!! I love the pic of him sleeping with his sock buddy too... so sweet!

Tons of kisses going out to Austin/Butch!!

krazyaboutkatz
08-24-2010, 11:53 AM
He sure is adorable.:) I already have my needy girl Pearl so I don't think I could handle another needy kitty. I'm glad that you're very experienced with this breed so there's no surprises for you.:)

cassiesmom
08-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Gary,

Sphynxes are very unique cats. They are very needy cats who bond very closely to their humans.

Austin is no different. He wants to know where I am all the time. These cats THRIVE on love and attention. They are people cats.

Anytime you want to borrow Austin, let me know and I'll have his kitty bags packed including his USA hoodie!!!

Moosmom, in your experiences with Sphynx cats, have they been talkative? Does Austin meow when he is looking for you? Also, you said he needs a bath- how do you bathe him? Does a Sphynx cat like water? Do they require any special care for their coat/skin? I am still reminded of a koala bear when I see him, because he is grey and black :)

GILL
08-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Donna your killing me here with all the cuteness.

momcat
08-25-2010, 07:39 AM
Hi Austin! You're just way too cute!!! B efore long, the girl kitties will be lined up at your door. Sending you lots of lovies :love: :love: :love:

catmandu
08-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Our Awesome Angels:love::love:would love to take Butchie to the King's Buffet on Friday and let him go through all the incredible food!!!:cool::cool::cool:
We bet he goes for the Roast Chicken and for the Pork Sui Me!!!:love::love:
We would LOVE to have Butchie in the Ebony Beau Tubster Memorial Porch Enclosure , they My Kitten Trio and Butchie would have a Great Time, and we have Eukanuba Dry and Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys on tap for all.:love::love::love:

moosmom
08-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Moosmom, in your experiences with Sphynx cats, have they been talkative? Does Austin meow when he is looking for you? Also, you said he needs a bath- how do you bathe him? Does a Sphynx cat like water? Do they require any special care for their coat/skin? I am still reminded of a koala bear when I see him, because he is grey and black

Butchie is very talkative, which is common for the breed. If I'm not in the room, he'll meow and come looking for me. I bathe him in the shower stall with a towel on the bottom so he won't feel like he's slipping. No, most cats don't like water. But if you start early, the Sphynx gets used to it. Rather than spend an outrageous amount of money for cat shampoo, I use Blue Dawn, which has the same Ph as a cat. Their ears need special attention as they have no fur to catch the dirt that collects in their ears. I have a picture of him on the cat tree that reminds me of a Koala bear. He's a blue pointed Sphynx, which means if he had fur, it would be black.

cassiesmom
08-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Butchie is very talkative, which is common for the breed. If I'm not in the room, he'll meow and come looking for me.

What a smart kitty guy! Butchie Austin, you are such a cutie and I'm sure you'll grow up to be healthy, handsome, smart, happy and LOVED! :D

(My dad's nickname in high school in the late '40s was Butch, so it totally makes me smile that your kitty is called Butchie!)

katladyd
08-26-2010, 12:41 PM
I was wondering, instead of giving him baths could you perhaps wipe him down with one of those gentle baby wipes. I suppose he will get used to the water and baths, but this would seem a tad less traumatic. Well, you know the breed far better than I do and if baths are what they need, I hope Butch gets to love them.

cassiesmom
08-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Hi, Austin, cutie-pie! How are you?